PDA

View Full Version : An idea for PvP... [idea, PvP damage changes]

Q`alooaith
16-05-04, 20:04
Currently in PvP damage from all weapon's is reduced by 30% or so just for shooting a player.. this is because mob's have more healthpoint's and player's don't want to die as fast as mob's.. this is what some call the ironskin bonus you get from being a runner..

Well I've suggested some changes to the PPU heal's, but then somthing hit me..

If the changed happened, people would be dropping much faster in PvP..

So I suggest an increase in ironskin so rather than it being a 30% damage reduction, to a more effective 50% reduction..

This would mean PvP fight's could last longer with less healing..

So what ya think?

Shadow Dancer
16-05-04, 20:08
Only if it's coupled with self-cast shields. That way ppus will be balanced and not super important, and fights will still last long. :eek:

Q`alooaith
16-05-04, 20:22
Only if it's coupled with self-cast shields. That way ppus will be balanced and not super important, and fights will still last long. :eek:
I was thinking of coupling it with my suggested heal changes..

So while PPU's might do a few heal's, the battle's merit's are more to do with the fighter's, not the healer's, though they would have an effect..

Scikar
16-05-04, 21:04
It's actually a 66% reduction. You take 33% of the damage a mob would take from a given weapon. That 33% can then be reduced by up to 76% through armor, leaving you taking ~8% of the damage, and that can be further reduced by up to 70% through shields, so with 200 energy armor and Holy Shelter you take ~2.5% of the energy damage a roach does.

Mirco
16-05-04, 21:35
If the changed happened, people would be dropping much faster in PvP.

You know, I don`t see this as a bad thing and what I thought was the idea with the ppu nerf/balancing threads in the first place. I don`t quite understand how this will balance pvp. It will still favor characters like monks and tanks who can dish out alot of damage at close range and screw over anyone trying to do damage from long range.

Why not reduce the ironskin effect with about 30 % keep buffs and heals as they are and see how it goes?