PDA

View Full Version : Lowering outpost's wall's [idea, outpost battle changes]

Q`alooaith
16-05-04, 19:34
If you look at any outpost's wall's currently they are quite high, but they don't need to be and their current height work's against PvP..

So I suggest a few changes to outpost's.

Firstly, lowering all outpost's wall's so they are half as high as they are currently, still high enough to keep people out, but needing less elivation to shoot over them...

Tower's.. Well if you've walked about the wastland's you'll have seen the tall tower's near MB, one ladder and a perch at the top..

Well I suggest somthing simmilar for outpost's, maybe not as high but somthing which the defender's could climb up to shoot over the wall's..

Vendor's.. Many people complain about the loss of SL due to hitting Yo's vendor's in outpost's.. Well I suggest the Yo's vendor's are placed more like they are at the tescom uplink, EG the outpost's entrance is in line with the hack tower, with the yo's vendor's off to one side..

I'd also suggest a change to the wall's so they have ram's on the inside, so defender's could man the wall's.. Then close up all the outside's of outpost's so they only have two entrances each..

Please add your own suggestions..

n3m
16-05-04, 19:38
I like it.
nuff said tbh :D

Candaman
16-05-04, 19:44
would u like to redesign the game while ur there? maybe take away ug´s add grav lifts to ops to get to high places and..... oh no thats me coming out with stoopid idea´s now

also hinch says stfu

Cannings
(live from berlin)

Possessed
16-05-04, 19:46
PE jetpacks.

sex cannings

maggotcorpse
16-05-04, 19:46
I agree with Candaman ...
I like the Height of the Walls and Towers. If you would lower them i would ask myself wheres the Sense in all that?! Walls and Towers must be High

:D

Q`alooaith
16-05-04, 19:51
would u like to redesign the game while ur there? maybe take away ug´s add grav lifts to ops to get to high places and..... oh no thats me coming out with stoopid idea´s now

also hinch says stfu

Cannings
(live from berlin)
I agree with Candaman ...
I like the Height of the Walls and Towers. If you would lower them i would ask myself wheres the Sense in all that?! Walls and Towers must be High

:D
I don't want to lower exsisting tower's you [insert insult about intellignce here]

I was suggesting adding tower's like there are in the wastland's inside outpost's, but lower in height...

and cannings... http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=98917&page=1

Candaman
16-05-04, 19:52
are u boasting that u got carinth to agree with u?? the same carinth that is a ppu with 150 base barter lol if u wanna impress me get MJS to agree with u

also hinch says stfu

Cannings
(live from berlin)

Q`alooaith
16-05-04, 20:12
are u boasting that u got carinth to agree with u?? the same carinth that is a ppu with 150 base barter lol if u wanna impress me get MJS to agree with u

Why are you posting for hinch, is he banned, or just let his account expire..

Round visiting you maybe? I take offence to be told to shut the fuck up, multiple times, it's not big and it's not clever..

Look at where the quote is taken from, a PPU reballence thread, carinth's agreement in that thread is important because he's a PPU, but can see how imballenced they are, but doe's not want to make the class "unfun" to play, so only like's idea's which ballence out the class without making it agrivating to play...

Oh do take a look at that thread I pointed you to, as you would see from reading it I have suggested reworking all the classes..

I'm feeling lot's of idea's recently, if you look back on the brainport section of the forum you'll see I used to do this sort of thing often enough there, now we're allowed to have idea's here for a time everyone can see the masses of idea's..

The upside is they get more limelight, the downside is they are seen by people who like the game the way it is, and don't care about changes like yourself.. a change to outpost wall height's would have an effect on outpost battles, adding a few low tower's inside outpost's for defender's to use to shoot over the wall's would have an effect..

I see outpost battle's no everyone rushes in and there's big scuffle, defender's rushing out to attack the attacker's, attacker's making dart's inside to try and take down PPU's and the like... People can't stand at range because they can#t find target's oif they do, so everything is practical melee range..

How I'd like outpost battle's to be..

Attack's able to take up position's on hill's outside the outpost and snipe defender's that have pulled back to heal, defender's able to climb tower's to shoot attacker's who have ducked away from the entrance to the op to heal, shot's fired from some range rather than a swirling melee.. it still has it's place but for breaching the outpost..

Outpost's are not defendable because of the way they are currently designed..