PDA

View Full Version : Oh, soo soo soo funny

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 17:21
http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~thoureau/japanese.html

funniest thing I've read all week :D

Oh, bit of a disclaimer at the bottom:

Author's Note:This whole essay, although sprinkled with truisms here and there, is a joke and should be taken like one. I'm actually a Japanese major myself, and even if I've given it a bit of a hard time, I love the Japanese language, and I think everyone should give it a try.

You should just be ready for a whole lot of pain.

jernau
16-05-04, 17:30
hahahaha that's classic.

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 17:32
Whenever something is written in Katakana, it's an English word! (note: Katakana is also used for non-english foreign words. And sound effects, and Japanese words). Katakana all look exactly the same, and it's impossible, even for Japanese people, to tell them apart.

Gotta be the funniest stuff i've read in a while, that bit just cracks me up "its only for english, well, and non english, and sounds, and umm, Japanese" hehehe.

No idea how Kasumi manages to speak Japanese :confused:

Dribble Joy
16-05-04, 17:42
Hehehehe, so true.

Afaik, katakana is used to spell names usually.

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 17:43

*coffcoff*know-it-all*coffcoff* :D :D :D

Kasumi
Gotta be the funniest stuff i've read in a while, that bit just cracks me up "its only for english, well, and non english, and sounds, and umm, Japanese" hehehe.

No idea how Kasumi manages to speak Japanese :confused:Because it easier than the person makes it sound. I also am Japanese so I learned it.. English is alot harder to learn than Japanese... and I honestly dont think any of that is funny.. maybe except http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~thoureau/laugh.jpg

Hehehehe, so true.

No the person is correct its used to spell western words.. Which inlcude western names.

Dribble Joy
Ohhh I walked right into that one. :p

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 17:46
ya, that pic was funny hehehe, but really, its a culture thing, English is easy to learn, if your born in an English country, so Japanese is easy to learn, if your born in a Japanese county, simply because everyone speaks the same language as your learning (that and the fact you learn easier in your early years than when your old and grey, like big J is now :p)

Mind you, there was this Scottish bloke who was learning Japanese, so I said to him "hey, count to 10!!" he went..

one-san
two-san
three-san... :p

Kasumi
16-05-04, 17:47
ya, that pic was funny hehehe, but really, its a culture thing, English is easy to learn, if your born in an English country, so Japanese is easy to learn, if your born in a Japanese county, simply because everyone speaks the same language as your learning (that and the fact you learn easier in your early years than when your old and grey, like big J is now :p)

Mind you, there was this Scottish bloke who was learning Japanese, so I said to him "hey, count to 10!!" he went..

one-san
two-san
Hrmm I guess I shouldnt of read the website.. BAH!! :( *cries* stupid people.. :\

Dribble Joy
16-05-04, 17:47
one-san
two-san
Oh, come on... he can't be that dumb?

This article is EXACTLY why, although I am 'learning' japanese, I don't ever use any phrases/words/expressions in my posts.
I just look like a fool.

*glares at QD* :p

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 17:49
Hrmm I guess I shouldnt of read the website.. BAH!! :( *cries* stupid people.. :\

You worry too much, the site isnt about the Japanese people, its about English speaking people trying to learn Japanese. I'd prefer to learn Welsh myself, but thats because its my own countries language, I got the basic da's down, nos da, baru da etc.da :angel:

@ Dribble - he was Scottish, nuff said :p

Kasumi
16-05-04, 17:51
You worry too much, the site isnt about the Japanese people, its about English speaking people trying to learn Japanese. I'd prefer to learn Welsh myself, but thats because its my own countries language, I got the basic da's down, nos da, baru da etc.da :angel:

@ Dribble - he was Scottish, nuff said :pYes I know what he is talking about! ^^ I guess I just dont have any humor.. ^^ but he is also making fun of Japanese..

Dribble Joy
16-05-04, 17:53
I'd prefer to learn Welsh myself, but thats because its my own countries language
That's the reason I decided to start learning japanese, because it's so totally different to western launguages.
French, german, italian, spanish and welsh.
Bleh.

The structure (both writen and spoken) intrigues me, in it's relitively simple yet complex nature.

If you know what I mean? ne?

//edit
Context monster strikes again, that 'ne?' didn't fit at all.

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 17:54
Yes I know what he is talking about! ^^ I guess I just dont have any humor.. ^^

maybe, maybe not, but your Japanese which means...

http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~thoureau/laugh.jpg

you get to do that :D :D :D :D

/edit @ above - the welsh have 3 words for the english word "I", now thats complicated :p

Kasumi
16-05-04, 17:54
maybe, maybe not, but your Japanese which means...

http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~thoureau/laugh.jpg

you get to do that :D :D :D :Dhehe I wish Signatures could be that high.. ^^

Edit: Not because its funny but because its a cute picutre.. ^^

Possessed
16-05-04, 17:55

I was born in Hong Kong but I can't even say hello in Chinese... so hah! Your theory has gone to hell.

The anime freak reminds me of a certain person on this forum :lol:

Rade
16-05-04, 18:00
Japanese grammer is not for the faint of heart or weak of mind. What's more, the Japanese also do not have any words for "me", "them", "him, or "her" that anyone could use without being incredibly insulting (the Japanese word for "you", for example, when written in kanji, translates to"I hope a monkey scratches your face off"). Because of this, the sentence "He just killed her!" and "I just killed her!" sound exactly the same, meaning that most people in Japan have no idea what is going on around them at any given moment. You are supposed to figure these things out from the "context", which is a German word meaning "you're screwed".

ow ow ow stop it it hurts it hurts my stomach

Dribble Joy
16-05-04, 18:00
hehe I wish Signatures could be that high.. ^^

Edit: Not because its funny but because its a cute picutre.. ^^
Prezzie.

Kasumi
16-05-04, 18:01
Prezzie.
Aww Thank you! ^^

Celt
16-05-04, 18:02
The Anime Freak is probably the most common, and one of the most annoying. You can usually spot a few warning signs to let you identify them before it's too late: they wear the same exact Evangelion shirt every day, they have more than one anime key chain on their person, they wear glasses, they say phrases in Japanese that hey obviously don't understand (such as "Yes! I will never forgive you!"), they refer to you as "-chan", make obscure Japanese culture references during class, and usually fail class. You have to be extremely careful not to let them smell pity or fear on you, because if they do they will immeadiately latch onto you and suck up both your time and patience, leaving only a lifeless husk.http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~thoureau/classmates.jpg Desperate for human companionship, they will invite you to club meetings, anime showings, conventions, and all other sorts of various things you don't care about.
So true

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 18:03
I was born in Hong Kong but I can't even say hello in Chinese... so hah! Your theory has gone to hell.

The anime freak reminds me of a certain person on this forum :lol:

Since I've known you Kyle, you've always been the exception to the rule <3

/edit @ above - I think that picture refers to SAILOR MOON!!! RAWR!! Which is in English, so no need for me to try to learn Japanese :D

Kasumi
16-05-04, 18:06
Since I've known you Kyle, you've always been the exception to the rule <3

/edit @ above - I think that picture refers to SAILOR MOON!!! RAWR!! Which is in English, so no need for me to try to learn Japanese :D
Lexxuk do you actually like Sailor Moon? I havent met any boys that like it.. ^^

Dribble Joy
16-05-04, 18:07
Lexxuk = uber fanboi.

Possessed
16-05-04, 18:08
Lexx just stares at the panties.

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 18:09
Lexxuk do you actually like Sailor Moon? I havent met any boys that like it.. ^^

Yes, I used to watch it when it was on Fox Kids, but it was the American version, with that Canadian voice over, which meant some of the good bits were edited, like when Pluto slaps Moon, they edit that bit out, so all you see, is Pluto walk to Moon, then Moon with a slap mark on her face. Also, Pluto's grandfather kept looking up girls skirts in the original (or so I'm told) this was removed for the Western audience.

Kasumi
16-05-04, 18:10
Yes, I used to watch it when it was on Fox Kids, but it was the American version, with that Canadian voice over, which meant some of the good bits were edited, like when Pluto slaps Moon, they edit that bit out, so all you see, is Pluto walk to Moon, then Moon with a slap mark on her face. Also, Pluto's grandfather kept looking up girls skirts in the original (or so I'm told) this was removed for the Western audience.Did it ever finish in America or UK? or whever you live?? ^^

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 18:12
Did it ever finish in America or UK? or whever you live?? ^^

I dont know, over here (UK) we got upto the one where Sailor Moons daughter comes back in time from Crystal Tokyo, and ends up with her going back to her mother, after the scouts beat up the dark fellow who gives Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon nightmares that their being together would be the end of the world. Shame really, was a fun series, and Sailor Mercury was my favourite :D

Kasumi
16-05-04, 18:14
I dont know, over here (UK) we got upto the one where Sailor Moons daughter comes back in time from Crystal Tokyo, and ends up with her going back to her mother, after the scouts beat up the dark fellow who gives Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon nightmares that their being together would be the end of the world. Shame really, was a fun series, and Sailor Mercury was my favourite :D
Awww! Read the manga or go buy it! Or you can get the Live Action version of it.. ^^

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 18:33
Awww! Read the manga or go buy it! Or you can get the Live Action version of it.. ^^

wouldnt the manga be in japanese though? I live in a very small town mind you, so we dont really got much in the way of specilist shops anywhere in my area, or probably in the whole south west :p

live action = real people? O_o

Kasumi
16-05-04, 18:36
wouldnt the manga be in japanese though? I live in a very small town mind you, so we dont really got much in the way of specilist shops anywhere in my area, or probably in the whole south west :p

live action = real people? O_oyes live action is with real people. I dont know if you can get the Manga in english it might be translated on the internet somewhere.. ^^ The cover art on the Manga is really beautiful but all the "scouts" look the same.. well almost the same.. ^^

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 18:39
yes live action is with real people. I dont know if you can get the Manga in english it might be translated on the internet somewhere.. ^^

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/moon.jpg

umm, err.. there's not much I can really say to that photo, except, OMG! hehehe, now I gotta try and get the live action movies :D

/edit - for Kasumi, is it Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon?

Organics
16-05-04, 18:42
Lol that was a good article. Hehe really funny :)

Especially that pic of the THEY WILL LAUGH AT YOU bit :p Lollerskates indeed ^^

Sigma
16-05-04, 20:46
[...]/edit @ above - the welsh have 3 words for the english word "I", now thats complicated :pwe got 3 different words for "the" in germany, so :wtf:

edit - it's not complicated as long as u know how to do it :O

RuButt
16-05-04, 21:14
I live in sweden - english wasnt so hard to learn ;)

im doing my third year or german.. not to hard either ^^

Kasumi
16-05-04, 21:20
/edit - for Kasumi, is it Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon?
Are you asking what the name of the series is? Well both are Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.. or Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon.. ^^

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 21:56
Are you asking what the name of the series is? Well both are Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.. or Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon.. ^^

Just watched the first episode, its.. sureal to say the least, and they made sailor moon's Usagi a brunette :(

/edit - now to get the rest of the episodes, damn, its addictive :angel:

Kasumi
16-05-04, 22:06
Just watched the first episode, its.. sureal to say the least, and they made sailor moon's Usagi a brunette :(

/edit - now to get the rest of the episodes, damn, its addictive :angel:She has blonde hair when she change so I dont see a problem.. ^^ Well I like how they have her hair now.. Blonde is kind of icky! ^^ She is pretty to! ^^

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 22:10
She has blonde hair when she change so I dont see a problem.. ^^

She's not a natural blonde, dunno what its like in Japan, but in the west, we got a lot (a heck of a lot) of blonde jokes, which fit in perfectly with sailor moon, cause she's blonde as Usagi too. Like, how many blondes does it take to change a lightbulb? 2, one to make the martini's and one to call the plumber.

/edit - aye, she's cute, but Mercury will always be my #1 soldier :D

Kasumi
16-05-04, 22:17
Mercury will always be my #1 soldier :D
Usagi is lots better! The last episode show she is lots better! ^^ But I not spoil it for you!

Lexxuk
16-05-04, 22:20
Usagi is lots better! The last episode show she is lots better! ^^ But I not spoil it for you!

Is that the one where all the other sailors die, so Usagi has to fight Beryl alone, but the spirits of the soldiers are there with her, so she kills her as moon princess, everyone comes back to life, but cant remember being soldiers... till next time the Negaverse attacks!! hehehe (it was repeated a few times on Fox Kids :cool: )

Kasumi
16-05-04, 22:26
Is that the one where all the other sailors die, so Usagi has to fight Beryl alone, but the spirits of the soldiers are there with her, so she kills her as moon princess, everyone comes back to life, but cant remember being soldiers... till next time the Negaverse attacks!! hehehe (it was repeated a few times on Fox Kids :cool: )No I am talking about VERY last episode.. Sailor Moon is almost or longer than the Dragonball Z series.. ^^

Edit: I watch it with my daughter.. I dont enjoy the Live Action sailor moon as much as the anime version!I Its really interesting and really good.. ^^

Drake6k
16-05-04, 22:40
I always thought that webpage was kinda stupid. I've been studying Japanese for 2 years now (once a week classes) and It's not a hard language. Yeah It's different from English but I think its very logical.

Not only is it not simple, it's probably one of the hardest language you could ever want to learn.

Bullshit. Try Eskimo or that African clicky launguage.

will be promptly beaten to death with tiny cellular phones.

Actually funny :lol:

Yes I watch anime lol.

Kasumi
17-05-04, 00:08
I always thought that webpage was kinda stupid. I've been studying Japanese for 2 years now (once a week classes) and It's not a hard language. Yeah It's different from English but I think its very logical.

Its not really any of my business but I dont think1 day a week class is enought to learn anything.. but like I said its none of my business.. May I ask how much you know? Like how much Hiragana? Katakana and Kanji you know? Can you read my signature?? :P Well these qeuestion really *arent* my business but I am curious sometimes.. ^^

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 00:13
I know nearly all katakana, some hiragana and sweet fuck all kanji.
But uhhhh... I'm kinda self taught....
(your last sig drove me mad, I could read the name (tsunami) except for the middle katakana, I completely forgot what -na- was, I kept thinking it was -hi- backwards :p)

Kasumi
17-05-04, 00:15
I know nearly all katakana, some hiragana and sweet fuck all kanji.
But uhhhh... I'm kinda self taught....
(your last sig drove me mad, I could read the name (tsunami) except for the middle katakana, I completely forgot what -na- was, I kept thinking it was -hi- backwards :p)
I hate my new signature. ^^ For obvious reasons.. :\

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 00:23
I can read all but 2 of those hiragana, and I donlt know what they mean anyway :p.

Kasumi
17-05-04, 01:08
I can read all but 2 of those hiragana, and I donlt know what they mean anyway :p.
Dribble Joy can you write in Hiragana or Katakana? by the way IF you learn anything learn Hiragana.. Katakana is very childish to use in Japan on its own.. You will be laughed at if used.. ^^ Sorry I seem to pry alot into peoples business but I like to be curious! ^^

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 01:23
I know little (but learning more) hiragana, I know that katakana is not used in normal written japanese (it's used for spelling words more isn't it?), but having to learn all the same sylables as the katakana but with the hiragana is a bit.. arg.
Should of started with the hiragana :P.

edit
thing with katakana is that the 'groups' of syllables are similar, -ka-, -ke-, -ku-, -ka- and -ki- (well.. maybe not -ki-) look kinda the same. Where as hiragana seem totally arbitary :p.

Kasumi
17-05-04, 01:28
I know little (but learning more) hiragana, I know that katakana is not used in normal written japanese (it's used for spelling words more isn't it?), but having to learn all the same sylables as the katakana but with the hiragana is a bit.. arg.
Should of started with the hiragana :P.Both are used for spelling words.. Just Katakana is for children and is only used when spelling western words.. Like "Amerika(アメ リカ ;))" :)

edit
thing with katakana is that the 'groups' of syllables are similar, -ka-, -ke-, -ku-, -ka- and -ki- (well.. maybe not -ki-) look kinda the same. Where as hiragana seem totally arbitary :p.hrmm I think I am misunderstanding sorry if I am! Are you saying they look similiar or sound similiar?? Because they dont look anything alike! ^^

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 01:45
Well... to me the katakana for ka, ke and ku look quite similar. But I'm probably a bit wierd, I'm sure the hiragana are completely different. :p

Kasumi
17-05-04, 01:46
Well... to me the katakana for ka, ke and ku look quite similar. But I'm probably a bit wierd, I'm sure the hiragana are completely different. :p
hehe Maybe! Sorry I am just being nosy(?).. I be quiet now.. ^^

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 01:47
nononono :)
ps, I have the japanese launguage pack on my browser, but how do I erm... make it work :P as in write with it, I can see them fine.

Kasumi
17-05-04, 01:49
nononono :)
ps, I have the japanese launguage pack on my browser, but how do I erm... make it work :P as in write with it, I can see them fine.Hrmm You have to use IME to write in Japanese.. :)

Edit: Atleast that is what I use to write in Japanese.. My Laptop is an american laptop.. :(

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 01:56
err, what does ur sig say, and why dont you like it? for those of us that dont know japanese :p

Kasumi
17-05-04, 02:07
err, what does ur sig say, and why dont you like it? for those of us that dont know japanese :pIts not the words.. Look at the picture ^^ I merged the layers to soon.. The girls hair is REALLY pink and makes picutre stick out.. I hadnt noticed that I didnt fix that before I merged the layers and I had deleted the raw data by the time I actually noticed.. :\ The two words are names.. ^^

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 02:11
I think the dark shading makes it stand out a lot more :)

what names? :p

Kasumi
17-05-04, 02:13
I think the dark shading makes it stand out a lot more :)

what names? :pThere is no shading.. ^^ I took the picture with my digital camera from a show on TV.. and the girls face was covered all yo ucould see was the small bit of hair and her tears.. :P And I am not telling what the names are! ^^

Edit: Are you talking about the "black* under and on top of the top and bottom bar??

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 02:17
you got the pink girl, who fades from pink to black, very dark, with tears showing brightly, works well

Kasumi
17-05-04, 02:23
you got the pink girl, who fades from pink to black, very dark, with tears showing brightly, works well
Check Private Message since I felt bad! So I tell you what they mean.. :\

Drake6k
17-05-04, 02:26
Its not really any of my business but I dont think1 day a week class is enought to learn anything.. but like I said its none of my business.. May I ask how much you know? Like how much Hiragana? Katakana and Kanji you know? Can you read my signature?? :P Well these qeuestion really *arent* my business but I am curious sometimes.. ^^

I only studied it for fun. As in with the only goal of enjoying myself. Just me and a friend with one teacher. I cant read your sig. I only know like 4 Kanji and no Hiragana or Katakana. I figure I need to learn to speak a lot before I write it. I dont want to read Japanese and think in English. I'm looking into going to a language school in Japan for 6 months to a year. That's the best way to learn and I think it would be a lot of fun. If you know a good language school in Tokyo or have any advice it'd be welcome :D.
(I'm 17 and graduating soon)

t0tt3
17-05-04, 02:32
http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/japanese.jpg
Thats not so hard :rolleyes: :D

Kasumi
17-05-04, 02:40
I only studied it for fun. As in with the only goal of enjoying myself. Just me and a friend with one teacher. I cant read your sig. I only know like 4 Kanji and no Hiragana or Katakana. I figure I need to learn to speak a lot before I write it. I dont want to read Japanese and think in English. I'm looking into going to a language school in Japan for 6 months to a year. That's the best way to learn and I think it would be a lot of fun. If you know a good language school in Tokyo or have any advice it'd be welcome :D.
(I'm 17 and graduating soon)Sure I can help you! but right now I need to do some house work so I will send you a private message much letter!

@t0tt3 - That isnt funny.. :/

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 02:50
IME?
Is it an application?

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 02:55
IME is the japanese keyset for typing in japanese, or korean, or, one of them languages, go thru control panel/keyboards, and have a play about

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 02:57
Hmmmm, I have the language pack to read the japanese, but no input locale for the keyboard.
Where can I get it?

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 02:59
Used to come with Internet Explorer, so should be in Windows somewhere

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 02:59
I see, english (US) and english (UK) there, nothing else.....

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 03:01
regional/languages/details/add/japanese

のイデア穂wティsティんgをrks民d用へへへ

Dribble Joy
17-05-04, 12:26
Uhhhh.... what version of windoze you got?
Me on 2k, I don't see any tabs or buttons with that on...

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 13:11
Windows XP Pro SP1 of course, its under your Regional settings

jernau
17-05-04, 16:39
Control Panel - Regional Options - Input Locales (tab) - Add (button) - Look in there.

If it's missing for some reason (Japanese may not be in a default install of 2K) then you can download it here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEED31CD-15A9-4B86-AFE5-E77A095599F3&displaylang=EN).

Q`alooaith
17-05-04, 17:28
If you want to talk about crazyness, try english..

I mean, word's that sound the same but are spelt diffrently, word's that sound diffrent from how they are spelt...

I don't claim to know any more japanese than the following, san, sama, kun, konichiwa.. and the correct useage of each.. nothing more (probably not the spelling either)...

jernau
17-05-04, 17:35
If you want to talk about crazyness, try english..

I mean, word's that sound the same but are spelt diffrently, word's that sound diffrent from how they are spelt...
Pretty much every language is like that.

Q`alooaith
17-05-04, 18:18
Pretty much every language is like that.

That's why it's funny..

You don't alway's notice it about your native toung untill you start learning another....

like you learn from an early age to tell the diffrence between sea and see, and so on...

t0tt3
17-05-04, 18:27
Får får får? nej får får lamm....

That is in swedish now I translate it to english:
Do sheep have sheep, no sheep have lambs

Possessed
17-05-04, 18:40
The soldier wound a bandage around his wound.

The world is just messed in that way.

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 18:53
The soldier wound a bandage around his wound.

The world is just messed in that way.

Whether the weather be bad, or whether the weather be fine, we’ll whether the weather whatever the weather.. or some shit like that :angel:

then, I saw esore sitting on a see-saw i saw esore he saw me.

then you got the Americans, who cant spell, so do flavor, favor, color and center, totally incorrect spellings of common words! :p

Lots more, but the English language is well structured, whilst other languages end up translating like Yoda talks "dog to the vet went!" and other such lovely grammatical, err, junk :p

Kasumi
17-05-04, 19:03
Hrmm ITs all to confusing for me to understand.. :( Your first sentence confused me.. *simple* words are my best friend.. ^^

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 19:29
Hrmm ITs all to confusing for me to understand.. :( Your first sentence confused me.. *simple* words are my best friend.. ^^

I cheated, I've been practicing my English for almost 28 years now :D though, you know 99.9% more Japanese than I do, and your English is better than most people on this forum too ;)

Jest
17-05-04, 19:30
then you got the Americans, who cant spell, so do flavor, favor, color and center, totally incorrect spellings of common words! :pHey we just got rid of that unnecessary 'u' in every single friggin word. Ill rewrite that sentence English style.

then you gout the Americans, whou cant spell, sou dou flavour, favour, colour and center, toutally incourrect spellings ouf coummon wourds! :p ;)

Kasumi
17-05-04, 19:35
I cheated, I've been practicing my English for almost 28 years now :D though, you know 99.9% more Japanese than I do, and your English is better than most people on this forum too ;)Maybe.. My english isnt to good.. :(

P.S. Check private message.. If what I send isnt enough information I will explain better ok?? ^^

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 19:36
Hey we just got rid of that unnecessary 'u' in every single friggin word. Ill rewrite that sentence English style.
;)

oumg, thats sou unfair! hehehe, i'll rewrite it in American for youuuuu err u

them there orery yankees, they cant spell for diddly squat, no sir'ee!

:p :p :p :p :D :D :angel:

Jest
17-05-04, 19:39
oumg, thats sou unfair! hehehe, i'll rewrite it in American for youuuuu err u Lol. Not all of us talk with a Southern drawl. :p

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 19:46
Lol. Not all of us talk with a Southern drawl. :p

You mean John Wayne lied to me!?! In all them movies? Or maybe its a 00's thing..

sup dawg, gettin down wiv the spellin, know what I'm sayin, us mericans cant spell for sheet, bling bling! wazzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

heh, I R WINNAR :D

Jest
17-05-04, 19:57
Yah that one is probably closer on the mark. :lol:

Oath
17-05-04, 21:01
Yes I know what he is talking about! ^^ I guess I just dont have any humor.. ^^ but he is also making fun of Japanese..

And Scots..

Maybe i should smack him with my Caber?

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 21:17
And Scots..

Maybe i should smack him with my Caber?

As long as you dont raise your kilt!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 8|

Anyhow, Kasumi, are you sure Sailor Moon (live action) is a kids programme, or is the translation wrong, coz I'm pretty sure Jupiter punched a Youma and said "dont f*** with me" O_o and in another one, Moon said "i'm pissed" heh, not the sort of thing Tellie Tubbies would say.. "eh oh" "pff, i'm pissed tiddly widdly!" "eh, dont f*** with me big yellow thing O_o"

Possessed
17-05-04, 21:50
Lexx, I had to go watch a live action Sailor Moon show in Hong Kong with my sister when I was like 5-7, so I beat you ner ner.

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 22:00
Lexx, I had to go watch a live action Sailor Moon show in Hong Kong with my sister when I was like 5-7, so I beat you ner ner.

I'll email you the series, its only 30*233MB for about 6.9GB :p wont take too long to d/l on ur 56k hehehe :p

btw, kyle is a secret sailor moon fan, he fancies sailor mars :angel:

Q`alooaith
17-05-04, 22:39
.......... and your English is better than most people on this forum too ;)

What lexxuk fail's to mention is most english poster's get lazy and don't care if they spell the word's correctly, only that their idea's get though to anyone reading them..

Let's all say it,

B A L L E N C E

:wtf:

Cytaur
17-05-04, 22:59
sailor moon and dbz = lewz

Lexxuk
17-05-04, 23:06
sailor moon and dbz = lewz

omg, kos! <3 the live action is really funny though tbh, and the language is, well, I wouldnt let my 9 year old niece watch it! heh, would probably get a 15 rating in the UK O_o

Celt
17-05-04, 23:07
Anime fans must die.

As must all japanese in case they attempt to create more.