PDA

View Full Version : New Pe Toy

enigma_b17
16-05-04, 01:10
Ok well since stealth is been taken away from PE's, and i hate something being taken away from a class without some kind of a replacement, i thought id give it a go. My idea is a Mobile Gene Replicator.

This device would be carried around and deployed like a turret. It would be placeable virtually anywhere, except in undergrounds of ops. To buy one would be fairly expensive, somewhere along the lines of 600-800k, and these would be destroyable,say give them the HitPoints of a Stun Turret. It would be accessible through the GenRep list you get when clicking on a gr, represented by "Mobile GeneRep" or something similar. It would give the same amount of si as normal grs do, the obvious advantage being that you can gr anywhere you put them. You would only be able to use one at a time, similar to Apartment grs, as otherwise theyd be able to go everywhere. In order to use it you would have to physically walk to the place first, deploy it, then u could use it to gr to the place in question.

It would have a deploy time of say 20-30 seconds.

Thats all i can think of atm, made a few pics aswell, below, hope theyr alrite :)

Kasumi
16-05-04, 01:12
This should be in a vehicle type form and be useable by all classes.. ^^

Kal
16-05-04, 01:20
not a bad idea but that price is waaay to much, i'd say 100k each maybe 200 max

Dribble Joy
16-05-04, 01:41
I want jepacks.

Shadow Dancer
16-05-04, 02:02
Can anyone use the GR or just pes?

And how long do the GR's stay there? If they can be destroyed, I dunno that's kinda lame. People will PK grs just for the hell of it.

amfest
16-05-04, 02:06
I want jepacks.
I dub thee Dribble Tribes . . or maybe Tribes Joy >_<

Dribble Joy
16-05-04, 02:08
Or flightbelts or dual wield or what ever.

(dual wield for high lvl WoC skill)

Clyde
16-05-04, 02:10
People will PK grs just for the hell of it.

lol i can see it now

dude 1: "man im bored"
dude 2: "ya i know"
dude 1: "ey lets get that gr over there, its been annoyin me"
dude 2:"haha ya"
gr dropper: "hmm, i just layed that"
mobile gr destroyed
dude 1: "heh"
dude 2: "noob, you should drop grs"
gr dropper: "......"
gr dropper dead
dude 1: "lol"

moblike grs would be tight, just more thought would have to be put into them

MkVenner
16-05-04, 02:25
i kinda like the idea....tho if you were to activate it then it gets destroyed or removed (coz they gotta go some way otherwise thered be shitloads of GRs a everywhere) what happens to the GR link....if it remains and just says unreachable my lists gunna get filled up annoyingly....

Jet Packs would rock....dual wield would rock but could you imagine a PE running at you with dual libbys or judges or RoLHs...that'd be messy....

im trying to think what would be more PE....spys got all the high tech stuff, Tanks the heavy stuff, monks the psi stuff...i cant think of anything that a PE could call realisticly there own and not have it feasably used by others....

[edit]i just got a glimmer of an idea....i 'membered there being something called the mulit-task CPU....now i though that the heavens gate key or summink was the FA faction reward...
now PEs are supposedly the JOAT, multi-task....ok hang on a bit im thinking here...

QuantumDelta
16-05-04, 10:09
Sounds nice.
I'd prefer it to have a downside other than cash though.
EG;
More SI, a big bright flash (opposite to poison beams) when someone uses it in that zone, or some personal sacrifice from the PE;
SI to Lay.
Some level of INT required to lay it (50 Will power?)

Nice idea though, love it.

yavimaya
16-05-04, 10:35
shit me, after the other ideas for Pe toys, i read this one and instantly thought everyone would say its way, way, way to overpowered.....

My revision would be....

you can only GR to your Main Apt. or to either of the major cities, nowhere else.
Also once its dropped it stays for Hmmm 10 seconds? but once its used it also dissapears.... so you cant let a whole team through... or maybe only the dropper can use it?

I would also make it basically an "on your arm" wristwatch GR, much as a hacktool/ stealth tool is on your wrist... in which case does it even need to drop? can you not just have a few second delay before you sync out, and have a fancy effect to shw everyone what you have just done.... and give them one last go to shoot you, etc...?

I also like the sounds of jetpacks! either is nice, but if they make jetpacks they b etter be damned fast! or they wouldnt be worth using.

yavimaya
16-05-04, 10:43
Jet Packs would rock....dual wield would rock but could you imagine a PE running at you with dual libbys or judges or RoLHs...that'd be messy....

Ahh, yes duel weild would be nice too,
Not sooo overpowered if you made it slightly harder to be able to duel weild...
For e.g. Only allow 2 guns of the same kind - of coarse not one libby, one earp :P-, im thinking if one is 3 slot modded with a pistol barrel, phoshor mod and has one slot free, the other gun should be exactly the same! 3 slot, pistol barrel, phosphor mod....

It would also stop people using 2 dmg mods at once, which would make duel weild even more powerful than most expect...

Also targetting could take longer, say add another 1/2 the time it takes you to aim now...