PDA

View Full Version : Rare Hybrid spells

Omnituens
15-05-04, 08:54
OK, ive been up all night and i thought of a really cool idea.

If hybrids got rares, they would have PPU and APU reqs, so therefore they should have affects for both. This is a kind of blend of a Sanctum and Barrel spells.

Holy Fire Aura: Increase the Hybrids resistance to fire, and damages all targets that have fire resistance (that is to take into account the new Mob resistance.) SELF CAST ONLY. Damage range - 20m

Holy Energy Aura: Increase the Hybrids resistance to energy, and damages all targets that have energy/xray resistance (that is to take into account the new Mob resistance.) SELF CAST ONLY. Damage range - 20m

Holy Posion Aura: Increase the Hybrids resistance to posion, and damages all targets that have posion resistance (that is to take into account the new Mob resistance.) SELF CAST ONLY. Damage range - 20m

These spells are viable for PvP, hitting anyone in range with the equivilant damage type at Holy (Dmg) Halo level. sort of like auto cast the Holy halos at a rate of normal DoT. they must be in range though.

Basically these spells are useful in PvP and PvM, and have both passive and aggressive aspects.

I know that most of the forum absolutly hates hybrids, but your input is still appreciated.

Shadow Dancer
15-05-04, 09:03
I think those are too powerful. First of all I don't think hybrids should get more defense. Secondly, holy halo dmg(dot) to nearby targets is a bit too strong. Because the hybrid will still be attacking them a the same time.

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE the idea of rare hybrid spells, and I do think they should implement some.

amfest
15-05-04, 10:09
How about defensive attack spells? Like a ring of fire that surrounds the caster? Implants that add to the psi pool BUT require ppu and apu stats. A spell that when the caster is hit it sends a recoil attack back hurting the person attacking. Kamikaze attack spell when used sends out a massive amount of psi energy attacking everything nearby with several forms of dmg but in the end killing the caster.

Original monk
15-05-04, 10:36
i read em all and its a very nice idea, there was sumthing hybridspellike on the ts serverforum also..

amfests idea is also cool imo and shadowdancer is right that it would do to many damage on halostrenght but thats quickly adyusted i think

im all for the idea, but i still dunno KK's attitude towards hybrids .. do they see em as a full grown class ? do they get a small PA ? can you be hybrid now and be sure that ya dont have to relom next month when the opinion and negative aspects of the hybrids gets highlighted again here on the forums ?

hybrids always been the black sheep ... no-one likes em cause they used to be overpowerd ... they have a bad name and will allways keep it nomather how hard and howlong they been nerfed .

this is painfull yes, cause hybrids are so sweet :)

i still have more questions about hybrids then answers

gimme them spells :P

altough i think time isnt right yet :)

sanityislost
15-05-04, 11:29
nobody so have something that can do attack and defense at the same time and hybrids shouldnt get more defense

SiL

Judge
15-05-04, 12:08
Maybe a D&D style ring of fire around the Hybrid which hits anyone who tries to attack the Hybrid with Melee. Doesn't effect their actual defence or anyone apart from Melee.

Omnituens
15-05-04, 14:29
obviously i was just using HH's as an example, maybe normal halo instead?

Freeejumper
15-05-04, 15:05
the idea is kewl but what will stop a hybrid from casting all auras at the same time ? :O

Judge
15-05-04, 15:13
Yeah, maybe limit to one aura at a time.

Otherwise they would be getting too good imo.

greendonkeyuk
15-05-04, 17:18
what if the halo thing gave the hybrid a mana drain too per damage inflicted on the opponent. similar to psi shield, this way there is a cost to using it, you get defence and you get offence but it costs you something at the same time. maybe not the same mana drain as the psi shields but at least some cost to keeping it powered.

SorkZmok
15-05-04, 17:42
So you dont even have to point and click anymore, its enough to just be close to the target? o_O

Bad idea.

svenw
15-05-04, 18:01
Maybe there is some idea to get rid of the PPU problem. The Hybrids gets some spells that get them near the PPU support level but they should miss all sanctums and don't get a fast rezz. But these spells shouldn't raise the Hybrids own defense. These spells shouldn't be castable on Hybrids so that 2 Hybrids can't boost each other to a higher defense level. amybe you would need some rare implant for these spells that prohibits that they can be cast on yourself.

At the end you get a char that can do a lot of the PPU work AND deal some damage while missing some PPU defense. It would be a lot of fun to play these char and you wouldn't be a S/D/Heal whore any longer cause you can deal some damage and level on your own. You also have to be carefull in OP fights cause you can get killed much more easily than a PPU but you can give almost the same bonus to your team. many people would abondan their APU/PPU cause these Hybrid offers much more fun than the pure classes cause you can do so much more.

Nvidia
15-05-04, 18:08
In my eyes, hybrids are like the PEs that are trying to reach things they simply cannot do. The way I see it, if you want good offense and a good defense, go with a hybrid. If you want access to rare weapons, either choose an APU or a PPU.

Heavyporker
15-05-04, 18:55
agreed, nvidia.

Omnituens
16-05-04, 01:28
i forgot to say that you cant stack the auras, thanks for pointing that out.

zii
17-05-04, 04:44
I'd prefer stackable as pointed out above and self-cast plus foreign cast as well. Should make hybrids useful for all of us.