PDA

View Full Version : 1 big patch pack?

rune1000
15-05-04, 01:58
Well i'll say it as it is...

Neocron and my computer don't work out very well... and sometimes I even have to reinstall neocron ( wtf O_o ) because of bugs and errors.

I dont mind installing the game again from the CD but THE PATCHES!!! OMG 8| It takes so long to download them on my little 128k and I can't go afk while the system download themself ( actually I could but auto download, downloads with like 0,5kb/sec... :wtf: ) so I was thinking... why not make 1 big patch pack? I suppose you people have tried to reinstall neocron before and then you have to download all those patches... very boring... so please KK... make 1 big patch pack. It would be a lot faster and you could go afk while it downloads... maybe make some food or watch some TV :angel:

rob444
15-05-04, 02:03
Well there are some packs you can download, not one big pack though.

eLcHi
15-05-04, 02:06
1) why dont you save the patches b4 u delete it ? ( NeocronFolder\patches\)
2) you downloading from ftp.neocron.com ? its much faster than the update program

Q`alooaith
15-05-04, 02:08
ok,

Next time before you uninstall, go to where you've installed neocron to (C:\Neocron or somthing like that)

Then select the patches folder and copy it somwhere safe, now when you reinstall your game put the patches folder back into your neocron directory and yes to all on the overwrite, now you don't have to download them all over again..

Easy..

Thravvn
15-05-04, 10:32
There are the 4 Patchpacks + single Patchfiles (http://www.neocron.com/patcher/index.php?PAGE=patch&LANG=eng&PORT=8040&IP=62.140.29.54)

t0tt3
15-05-04, 11:17
or just zip them and burn them.... no problem there I could send you a full packed of all the patches to but sugnet 10m/bit wouldnt do for you :(

Mighty Max
15-05-04, 11:46
Or just make an big zip of a full patched Installation.

Neocron doesnt need any Registry settings etc so you can just copy it back to get up to date again after your installation gets messed up again. (however that happens)

amfest
15-05-04, 12:03
with all the download mangers and ftp programs out there I don't see why it would be such a big deal to download from the FTP that contains all the patches . . you can easily queue up everything and get some nice speeds off it.

Opar
15-05-04, 12:57
I burnt all the patches up to 196 to a CD. So I just reinstall, copy, paste.

So Its works when I reformat.

FBI
15-05-04, 15:36
What I did was, I installed the "Download version" and zipped the whole
root of Neocron, all except the .pak files.. along with the patches folder with
the latest patches.

This comes to 200mb~'s with full compression. Now since none of the patches
modify the .pak files as they are just resource files, i figure if i needed to reinstall
neocron, i'd just locate the .pak files i already had and unzip that file i made..
for test server too...

Easy.

Parad0x -FBI

Scanner Darkly
15-05-04, 17:01
I burned all the patches onto a CD-R, after I found out how many "features" NC had - its the only ap/game that has ever made my win XP comp get a blue screen of death on a regular basis. And the nice thing is the CD-R will fit into the the sexy little case that NC came with...

/SD