PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Remove Aggie Cellars

Marx
15-05-04, 00:25
Alright, the aggie cellers. Excellent low/mid area to pick off creatures for experience. With CityComs not even a step away from the entrances, they're really just nothing more than leveling crutches.

Since the aggie cellers have been added, the outzone has been further abandoned. All the lovely leveling areas within them have become decrepit, and for the most part, are unused.

The outzones beckon us. Held within each zones are a myriad of hunting zone entrances, and each OZ sector is generally chocked full with enough mobs to make hunting just within that zone worthwhile.

I say, add more city com and GoGo area's to the outzone. There are enough areas that look as though they could harbor those two things in a sensical manner.

Nothing irratates me more than having capped people discover secrets in the outzone... Because they've never spent time there. I say "Head to the outzone", they think I simply mean outzone station.

CLOSE DOWN THE AGGIE CELLERS. ADD MORE CITYCOM'S AND GOGO'S TO THE IND/OZ SECTORS.

If you encourage exploration, you'll also encourage growth. Since safezones will be all but eliminated with DoY, perhaps you'd even see people hanging out in some of the notorious areas behind hackable doors.

Hell, you would think the City Admin would step in to do something seeing as the mutant and vermin populations aren't being contained out there.

:rolleyes:

/e The people voting no going to say why? Or just leave us all hanging in suspense?

enigma_b17
15-05-04, 00:44
no theyr the best place to go for Pro-City n00bs and anti-city n00bs to go get those first lvls. And most people dont go out to the industrial sectors and oz etc cause theres nothing there, adding more gogos and citycoms aint going to make the blindest bit of difference, its not like capped ppl for no apparent reason just go the oz to stand around in a different environment

Marx
15-05-04, 00:46
no theyr the best place to go for Pro-City n00bs and anti-city n00bs to go get those first lvls. And most people dont go out to the industrial sectors and oz etc cause theres nothing there, adding more gogos and citycoms aint going to make the blindest bit of difference, its not like capped ppl for no apparent reason just go the oz to stand around in a different environmentPro-City Noobs can hunt in the OZ the same way they can hunt in the aggie cellars. Come DoY; Plaza, Via... They're not going to be safezones any more... So you'll have the same issue of not being safe while going to hunting places there.

Anti-City leveling in the city? Isn't that why the wastelands exist? What about all those caves and the like in TG, TH, or MB?

SPIKE (pluto)
15-05-04, 00:50
i'm gonna have to agree with marx, currently i play a 43/37 spy and on my gr list i have only 4 destinations, 3 of those are within the city. Also due to recent events i discovered oz5 actualy existed, which is somewhere i have never been before, but would have if those cellars had'nt been there. The basements around oz are even better for lvling, havent seen ppl in there for weeks. Industrial is a weird one though, never seen a use for that, and as far as i can tell theres only two sectors to it, perhpas it needs increasing before remoddling. :p

40$Poser
15-05-04, 00:54
I agree with Marx, make the the unused zones of NC be useful and populated... turn the aggie cellars into something special hmm... maybe a nib like dungeon or cellar (low level mobs similiar to a cave run... hmm then again that could be a bad thing in the end)

bring back the adventuring feel to the game, who could forget ever stumbling across the outzone? Plus there's nice spawns and storages that give plenty of options while leveling.

Brammers
15-05-04, 00:58
Hmm I read the title and thought no, then I read your arguments, and I agree a little more.

For Fallen Angels, it seems a common problem is the lack of suitable leveling places for low level FA. Often we take them to the city to level.

One argument I definatly agree with, is put more citycoms out in the OZ sectors.

amfest
15-05-04, 01:02
. Industrial is a weird one though, bever seen a use for that, and as far as i can tell theres only two sectors to it, perhpas it needs increasing before remoddling. :pActually I was never one for industrial area but I recall starting a new character and following a group to hunt there and discovered that there was an area you go down into where there are gogus and a GR near. You head out of that area and there's a storage level 7 there with butchee, aggies, gunmen and launcher cyclops like the storage level 8s in outzone 4 and outzone 5.

yea marx the hackable doors are pretty cool in those areas .. I do like to hack them and hang out back there with friends . .though I hardly have any friends that hang out in those areas anymore >_>. The mutant church is a nice area to level just because it's very damn cool. I mean you hide behind benches and such and peek out and fire . . .you can climb through the fences on the sides of the church and attack from outside the windows ducking and dodging. If you are a droner you can fly your drone above the church and fire down from the rafters since the roof is caved in and missing in a lot of places.

Give back that beta feel where you were forced to explore out to find better XP. Right now with the aggie rooms and the ease of gathering missions people can level up fairly quickly and then the outzone areas aren't enough for them. So to these people the world becomes even "smaller"

well the city com thing I think there should be mobs that spawn around it and it should be sorta broken like you can't access everything all the time .. like you might access it and you find only the email server working .. others you might get the mission thing up .. lol. But since it is the outzone there should be mobs around it spawning on occasion.

Marx
15-05-04, 01:05
So to these people the world becomes even "smaller"
Exactly. People used to bitch about spending their time whacking away at rats... Imagine how a noob who spent his or her time leveling in the sewers will feel when he or she is told "level in the aggie cellars".

A little known fact: the Aggie cellars are just a version of Main Sewer sector 7 with some fences and stuff put down. to prevent people from falling into the water.

=>

amfest
15-05-04, 01:09
Exactly. People used to bitch about spending their time whacking away at rats... Imagine how a noob who spent his or her time leveling in the sewers will feel when he or she is told "level in the aggie cellars".

A little known fact: the Aggie cellars are just a version of Main Sewer sector 7 with some fences and stuff put down. to prevent people from falling into the water.

=>
you know i actually haven't come across that area cause I always get lost in the main sewers :D w00t!

In fact I should pay a vist there again with my hacker. If i dont' come back in 5 weeks don't bother looking for me.

Although I wish alot of chairs in that place you would be able to sit in ... would make for nice secret meeting spots ;)

plague
15-05-04, 01:20
Yes, remove teh aggie cellars i don't even know why center of the city has cellars with dangerous creachers, pp an oz should have more of them the only thing in city that i think is suatble is rats.... great idea that would make underused oz more visited and more interestin for pkers to find thir prey muahahahahahaha :D

greendonkeyuk
15-05-04, 01:28
great idea. i like it a lot. it improves the overall experience for the first timers as much as the old timers. It also makes hunting red soullighters more fun. :)

Heavyporker
15-05-04, 01:37
I *love* the outzone.. I leveled most of my new characters in the OZ.. its beautiful.

I disagree about totally dismantling the cellars... keep them for the beggars and bums... maybe remake one into a nice spot for meeting.. you know, like the one in Via Rosso, that looks like a Laboratory underground?

Anyways, I agree, make noobs go to the OZ and INDA!

Marx
15-05-04, 01:39
I *love* the outzone.. I leveled most of my new characters in the OZ.. its beautiful.

I disagree about totally dismantling the cellars... keep them for the beggars and bums... maybe remake one into a nice spot for meeting.. you know, like the one in Via Rosso, that looks like a Laboratory underground?

Anyways, I agree, make noobs go to the OZ and INDA!
I'm talking about the Aggie Cellars, not cellars in general.

:p

evs
15-05-04, 01:41
hmmm peeps go for the easiest place to level for most xp.
so aggies it is.

if aggies dies, then peeps go to the next ease / high xp area and so on.

by removing these - you just make the levelling treadmill even longer.

no thanks its long enough for some classes as it is.

Q`alooaith
15-05-04, 01:41
hmmmm, I recall making a poll just like this...

Yes, remove the aggy celler's, they make no sence what-so-ever..

plague
15-05-04, 01:44
so aggies it is.

no thanks its long enough for some classes as it is.

i think he meant not to completly remove aggie cellars but move them to oz or some other underused place to make them more populated....

Marx
15-05-04, 01:44
so aggies it is.

no thanks its long enough for some classes as it is.So making the effort to tag one of the many GR's in the Outzone (or IND sectors) will take SO much time from you? Do you even know what you can hunt in the Outzone and Industrial sectors? Just the fact that you have controlled access to level 50 mobs would most certainly make up for that loss of time, no?

Anyway, MMO's are supposed to be grinds... And if you care about something enough to whine over something that would change it yet take only a matter of minutes to take care of... well... That certainly says something about you.

i think he meant not to completly remove aggie cellars but move them to oz or some other underused place to make them more populated....THE OUTZONE IS FULL OF CELLARS THAT CONTAIN AGGIES, HURLERS, BUTCHEES, AND LAUNCHER CYCLOPSES. THERE ARE DIFFERENT LEVELED CELLARS, THE LEVEL DETERMINES WHAT IS CONTAINED. THE FACT THAT THERE ARE ALREADY CELLARS FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH AGRESSORS IN THE OUTZONE COMPLETELY ERASES THE NECESSITY OF HAVING THE SAME EXACT THING SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HABITED PART OF THE CITY.

Sometimes I think half the people on these forums don't know where the outzone is.

Heavyporker
15-05-04, 01:55
aggie cellars still are cellars, the physical space shouldn't be deleted. They should be retasked... new mobs, or new functions.

Marx
15-05-04, 01:57
aggie cellars still are cellars, the physical space shouldn't be deleted. They should be retasked... new mobs, or new functions.
Delete them.

They're ugly because they're nothing more than Main Sewer sector seven rehashed. There's no need to retask them to do anything else... Because leveling in the area is already settled.

plague
15-05-04, 01:59
THE OUTZONE IS FULL OF CELLARS THAT CONTAIN AGGIES, HURLERS, BUTCHEES, AND LAUNCHER CYCLOPSES. THERE ARE DIFFERENT LEVELED CELLARS, THE LEVEL DETERMINES WHAT IS CONTAINED. THE FACT THAT THERE ARE ALREADY CELLARS FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH AGRESSORS IN THE OUTZONE COMPLETELY ERASES THE NECESSITY OF HAVING THE SAME EXACT THING SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HABITED PART OF THE CITY.

Sometimes I think half the people on these forums don't know where the outzone is.
OK I THINK EVRYBODY KNOWS THAT OZ GOT BUNCHA SELLARS THE POINT I WAS MAIKING THAT IF THEY REMOVE CELLARS IN CITY THERE IS STILL CELLARS IN OZ

Marx
15-05-04, 02:01
OK I THINK EVRYBODY KNOWS THAT OZ GOT BUNCHA SELLARS THE POINT I WAS MAIKING THAT IF THEY REMOVE CELLARS IN CITY THERE IS STILL CELLARS IN OZ
Well what you said certainly didn't contain that message.

plague
15-05-04, 02:02
Well what you said certainly didn't contain that message.
THATS TOO BAD , MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ IT AGAIN

ops caps =P

Q`alooaith
15-05-04, 02:03

I'd have to agree with you on that...

I mean many player's just go from MC5 into the city, head to the aggy celler's, pop up to get mission's and new weapon's made, pop back down level till they can take launcher's, make their way up to MB, kill launcher's till they can drop warbee's and then hunt warbee's till they cap..

It's just stupid..

They should be removed totaly.

If not removed totalyed, function changed so they no longer use the same old map, but rather a new map, and are realy just celler's, with locked boxes which can't be opened...

and so on..

I'd just get rid of them totaly, I'd of gotten rid of them in when retail came out....

I mean, they make capping your char's soo bleeding easy it's stupid, people say there is nothing to see, or it's all too low level because they spend all their low level time in the aggy celler's..

I'll stop now, I'm not happy about aggy celler's at all!

Marx
15-05-04, 02:04
THATS TOO BAD , MABY YOU SHOULD READ IT AGAIN
i think he meant not to completly remove aggie cellars but move them to oz or some other underused place to make them more populated....There is no need to move the aggie cellars since an equivalent is already in place. The purpose is not to stick them in an underused place, its to eliminate the things that had been stuck in which took the place of those cellars in the OZ. Aggie cellers in Plaza didn't always exist... And the game was more interesting beforehand.

Read > Comprehend > Post.

Mirco
15-05-04, 02:04
The outzone is awesome. I totally agree with this idea. There is so much unused potential lying out there. I`ve used it for leveling alot and I like it because when you start up you dont have much hp or resists and the enemies go down fairly quick. Its almost like playing a real fps.

If you start up and ask someone whos played alot where to go to lvl the answer is: Aggie cellars, MB and chaos caves. Thats like 3 spots.

I would like some new missions that actually pays good and gives nice exp and is worth the time you spend doing it. I don`t mind them being killing missions, but the target could be something else than killing mutants. Why isnt there locate a <instert faction enemy> runner npc and kill him or her. What kind of buisiness is the factions in our world running? Pls go out and kill critters and mutants? If you ask me that would be a CA job only, keeping the city safe.

Other factions should be doing stuff like smugling drugs, weapons. implants and whatnot.

Lets say you have a secret passage into the city, the entrance and exit of this passage should be an "OP" area that typically tsunami and BD would fight over. The faction in controll can use this passage and it generates missions for example.

The fact that you get money just for killing a mob takes away any meaning of doing missions, other than raising your faction standings. Idealy missions should be the only way to make money, except selling loot and tradeskills, but in that case they have to be alot more rewarding and alot more exciting.

plague
15-05-04, 02:10
There is no need to move the aggie cellars since an equivalent is already in place. The purpose is not to stick them in an underused place, its to eliminate the things that had been stuck in which took the place of those cellars in the OZ. Aggie cellers in Plaza didn't always exist... And the game was more interesting beforehand.

Read > Comprehend > Post.

ok this is going nowhere, eve's said that he wouldn't want them removed completly, and i said that they would not be, evryone knows that there is aggies in oz, i just though moving them somwhere industrial or pp would be good cuz it would make them more populated........

read>think>relax>don't be a biotch...

Clownst0pper
15-05-04, 02:12
from a roleplay perspective why would diamond put up with monsters in there basement?

Totally agree its stupid, move it to the out zone :D

OMG LOOK AT ME I CAN WRITE IN CAPS LOCK AS I MUST GET MY POINT ACROSSSSSSSS OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TEXT SIZE SEVEN!

Marx
15-05-04, 02:13
i just though moving them somwhere industrial or pp would be good cuz it would make them more populated....
Nothing needs to be moved, it's all already there.

:wtf:

Eliminate the aggie cellars, and those zones would become more populated.

plague
15-05-04, 02:15
Nothing needs to be moved, it's all already there.

:wtf:

Eliminate the aggie cellars, and those zones would become more populated.
good problem solved, i was trying to support your point and in return i get er sarcastic coments .....:(

Marx
15-05-04, 02:15
good problem solved, i was trying to support your point and in return i get er sarcastic coments .....:(Because your wording was... eh... A bit off.

:o

plague
15-05-04, 02:17
from a roleplay perspective why would diamond put up with monsters in there basement?

Totally agree its stupid, move it to the out zone :D

OMG LOOK AT ME I CAN WRITE IN CAPS LOCK AS I MUST GET MY POINT ACROSSSSSSSS OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TEXT SIZE SEVEN!
stfu , i was replaying to marx's oversized font, and noone said oz, I i said somwhere unpopulated ........

Dribble Joy
15-05-04, 02:17
Highly sexual idea. simply remove the entrances from the plaza/via streets.

Why there are aggies in celars that only have one entrance in the middle of Plaza anyway? O_o

plague
15-05-04, 02:25
Because your wording was... eh... A bit off.

:o

eh , after giving tech support for 8 hours to ppl who completly illetirate about comps., I tend to miss comunicate in some cases sry...... :eek: :p

SmackDaddy
15-05-04, 02:26
I am already bored with the Aggie Cellars and not even close to capped yet. I level mostly in the wastelands now, and not at MB. There are lots of other places to level without the drawbacks of the MB. The main reason to go to the aggie cellars is it is easy to run missions and increase those fringe skills enough to be a bit useful. So, CityComs in the OZ and wastelands would make aggie-cellar style leveling there more reasonable. (Haven't explored much in the OZ yet, sounds like I should go find this church place.)

Maybe the aggie cellars would be redundant, if more citycoms were around. They are definitely dull. If people spend all their time there, no wonder they are leaving. Take your mid level runner out in the wastelands solo and hammer away at launchers with a warbot titan peering over your shoulder. That's kind of interesting.

capt-o
15-05-04, 02:28
What if the aggie cellars were more like the chaos caves in that you could do a run through them (no respawning) then when you get to that hatch at the end it would drop you off some where in the OZ sewers, since i assume NC has sewers beneath it's cellars. For the gunman and other lower cellars say the hatch links you to a sewer that takes you underneath somewhere in the industrial zone.

Make leveling an adventure instead of a treadmill.

Dribble Joy
15-05-04, 02:29
What if the aggie cellars were more like the chaos caves in that you could do a run through them (no respawning) then when you get to that hatch at the end it would drop you off some where in the OZ sewers, since i assume NC has sewers beneath it's cellars. For the gunman and other lower cellars say the hatch links you to a sewer that takes you underneath somewhere in the industrial zone.

Make leveling an adventure instead of a treadmill.
They should link the entire sewer system.

SypH
15-05-04, 03:47
Dont close them but fill them with those crappy beggars. If they added more citycomms in OZ then I would be all for this without hesitation. I lvl'ed my PE in the OZ storage halls until he was able to confidently solo WB's in the open, and using the storage halls that wasnt a long wait. Stick a few boss mobs types in the storage halls while your at it. Maybe just a stronger Cyclops Launcher or Butchee, just something to work to.

DonnyJepp
15-05-04, 03:58
I like the Industrial storage area and much of that stuff,

but what if they just put the schwaggie cellar in PP3? At least make it kind of risky to go there.

Although you have to admit there have been a billion memorable moments there, most people see their first PKs in the game there :p

Benjie
15-05-04, 04:33
"Dungeons" are mere treadmills in there purest form. The aggressor cellers are quite frankly, an outdated style of leveling in mmorpg.

Reakktor created Neocron to revolutionise the genre. I'm suprised they created the aggresser cellers in the first place.

Q`alooaith
15-05-04, 05:08
if anyone rember's early retail, or late Beta 4, leveling happened in a diffrent way.. often fun for all partys..

Wander into pepper park, duck into sewer hopping no PKer's spotted you, wander along and try and find some people to team with to get to the end, run away when one person in the team dies and try and get out...

there where great thing's to be said for it, firstly you'd meet people who you'd team with because you needed a team, not because you wanted to share XP and all that..

You might bump into the same people a few times, or when you start to outgrow that area invite the old leveling team to follow you..

Clans started from these team's..

Now, duck into an aggy pit, team for shared XP, kill kill kill, mission, kill kill kill, mission, kill kill kill, mission..

I mean, the spawn point's are stupid, you don't have to go to the end to fight tougher thing's, you just have to stand about and attack the one spot..

I mean it's just dull.

Take out the aggy celler's, they are the main reason why droprate was so heavly nerfed in early retail, people could farm aggy's for gat pistol's so easly.

amfest
15-05-04, 06:30
Wander into pepper park, duck into sewer hopping no PKer's spotted you, wander along and try and find some people to team with to get to the end, run away when one person in the team dies and try and get out...

Oh damn I remember that thrill. Run into pepper park and straight down into that one hatch and they had those massive dragonflys down there. You'd head in with your friends heading to the very end. You teamed to only group to protect against PK'ers it was sooo awesome. I'd get shot and yell help! and everyone would either run if they were too much or help to kill the attacker. I also recall grabbing missions and jumping onto the subway and heading al the way to outzone and killing 10 mutant corporals or something back then since those were the hardest missions. People have it way too easy now. Wasn't there a citycom added at the Oz Station subway stop? Seems about the same run you'd have from the back of MB to the bunker only you have to turn a bit more. So is there really a problem with the citycom not being plastered at outzone? Although I'm all for just a "FEW" semi-broken citycoms being thrown into outzone.

Cubico
15-05-04, 08:32
I agree.

Remove the aggis(captns) from the cellar and replace them with the mutants mobs that can be found in the Pepper Park sewers.

The Outzone mobs should drop level 2 implants. I am playing for one and a half year now, I cant remember where I can get level 2 implants.

amfest
15-05-04, 08:34
stupidly enough you can get level 2 imps from terror raptors, terror leapers.

-Demon-
15-05-04, 10:26
I think the aggies should stay come on they are now such a part of our game.
For a start as to why I think this, yes the oz areas are under-used but what about when DoY hits it might be quite differcult for anti-city to get to the cellers so oz might be used more then.

Also for oz to be used you need to stick a load of citycoms around for missions and possibly a couple more grs too I can only think of 1 in industrial and mutant trap and oz station.

Also I think the cellers are most scariest thing when you are a complete noob, I remember reading about aggies in the manual while the game was installing, I accidently went down there shortly after and ran for my life and died lol...thats the sort of thing that makes you think "Ok I need bash some rats and get my own back on them things'

ou7blaze
15-05-04, 10:53
Good Idea ! 5 stars, Yes.

jiga
15-05-04, 11:03
I absolutely h8 IND and OZ coz i always get lost there.

J. Folsom
15-05-04, 11:09
I absolutely h8 IND and OZ coz i always get lost there.
You won't get lost there if you spend more time there. If you never spend time there, it's not unlikely you'll get lost.
Besides, odd as it may sound, for someone new to the game, getting lost is fun. This is because it adds to the feeling of the largeness and complexity of the game they're playing, even if said game is actually small and simple.

I know the way through all those sectors without needing the map open; that's because I've always levelled my characters there once they were strong enough to do so.
If you were to do the same, the same would count for you.

---

Anyway, I agree with Marx like I agreed with Q`alooaith on this before, yes remove those bloody cellars.
If you want to keep them, make them a variation on the level 1 sewers; mobs of the same ranking, except with different models and names. That or make all of them the place where the beggars and lazars spawn, that makes more sense from a roleplay perspective as well.

sanityislost
15-05-04, 11:20
Dude i agree 100% with you, back in beta everyone would go out there and level for ages. they even had a warbot as a boss in one of the leveling areas sometimes you would have about 10-20 around this one warbot saying crap like "damn thats a fucking a hard mob". You rarely would see high level runners in there because they had no reason to be, the place was full of newbs looking for places to get great xp and thats the way it should of stayed. Get Rid Of The Aggies.

Tho because of the whole beta thing i have to say as a newb and if u didnt know anyone who knew there way about it was a nightmare to find a great leveling area. what kk could do is when u start a new char have a list of preset GR's to places which would be useful for newbs like the oz streetworks gr.

SiL ..:.. thats more nipples than on a dog

Cruzbroker
15-05-04, 15:04
I've never used the map in oz, it's so messy :p
I just remember the places..

YES, get rid of them, put rats and beggars or something there (highest being 15/15). Maybe a few aggies could be in the very end. Make the people explore.

---[mob - mob]------[mob - mob]-------[mobmobmobmob]-----[mobmobmob]

Dribble Joy
15-05-04, 15:08
YES, get rid of them, put rats and beggars or something there (highest being 15/15). Maybe a few aggies could be in the very end. Make the people explore.
Put a single aggie at the end, as a mini boss.
We need more mini bosses, like a single beggar in the top level of the n00b sewers, or an aggie in the bottom lvl.

Biznatchy
15-05-04, 15:54
All things considered no large fonts included best idea on the boards in since remove para.

yes tose them get noobs running around the outzone and ind sectors the game needs more people leveling in different areas.

DonnyJepp
15-05-04, 16:12
best outzone map i've seen:

Maybe it'll help get some people out there.

amfest
15-05-04, 20:34
looking at that map I really wish I had been able to see outzone sec 7 at least once. Also I notice that in outzone sec 5 near the mutant church they didn't put a question mark for the passageway that goes underground for a while and then the passageway is closed off . though you can see it contiunes. Wonder where that's suppose to lead to. As nice as that map of outzone is ..I wonder why they neglected to mark the Gogu's that are in outzone 1.

Marx
15-05-04, 21:49
I beleive the tunnel next to the mutant church was supposed to lead to OZ 7, I could me mistaken though.

Aziraphale
15-05-04, 22:43
Yes, remove it. I leveled my first char without knowing where it was (everyone talked about it, but I never knew where it was located), and I had great fun leveling. Started in sewers, then to abandoned cellars briefly, once i had got myself a chainbike I roamed the wastelands looking for wolves and Swamp warriors to fight. Run ins with the Anarchy Breed added an extra splash of excitement.

Then with my next chars, I found it, and leveling became a treadmill. But once i started using it you cant really stop because while out in the OZ or whatever youre thinking "I could be getting so much better exp in aggies".

Get rid of it. It's silly in an RP sense too, wtf would CA let an army of agressors and mutant preachers live under P2?

n3m
15-05-04, 23:03
OZ doesnt make sense

really, can someone explain why it goes from oz1 to oz3 to oz 6 to 4 to 2 to 8 to wastes?? O_o

Heavyporker
15-05-04, 23:06
I just went back to leveling a character in the Outzone... by Crahn!

It's so wonderful.. all those suprises and such, you tend to forget stuff from ages ago... so beautifully constructed... plus mutants EVERYWHERE. replace leveling treadmill with EXPLORATION!

You aren't lacking for exp... take out aggie cellars, period. I want those cellars retasked.

Vryce
15-05-04, 23:12
Alright, the aggie cellers. Excellent low/mid area to pick off creatures for experience. With CityComs not even a step away from the entrances, they're really just nothing more than leveling crutches.

The people voting no going to say why? Or just leave us all hanging in suspense?

Well, NC is full of "leveling crutches"; do we remove the bunker at MB? What about Battle Dome, CRP or the Swamp Caves?

If you want people to explore, then I say lets start an "Adopt a Newbie" Day in Neocron. Instead of all the high level characters standing around Plaza 1 & 2 congratulating themselves, take a newbie out for a tour of the country-side. Show them the Storage cellars in IND & OZ; take them out to Jeriko to see what the heck a Cyclops Launcher is, or tour the Garbage Dump to see Warbots and Desert Beasts.

Until then, low to mid level runners need a place like the aggies. Heck, I even enjoy dropping down there to try new weapons/psi modules or see if some newbie needs help.
Anyway, didn't want this to sound like a rant :p ; I say keep the aggies.

amfest
15-05-04, 23:19
OZ doesnt make sense

really, can someone explain why it goes from oz1 to oz3 to oz 6 to 4 to 2 to 8 to wastes?? O_o
Plaza doesn't make sense either in a way although they are all against each other. Actually it's oz sec 1 to 2 then 2 to 4 from 4 you can go to outzone 5, 6 and the main sewer outlet that is in outzone 8. so from how plaza is designed I can see the 4 to 5, 4 to 6 though the 8 is a little off unless that passageway by the mutant church in outzone 5 is really suppose to lead to outzone 7 then I can understand that sorta cause then 5 is the area that leads to 7 and 8. So 6 leads to 7, 4 and 3 (3 I guess as now 6 has become the connection between 3 and 4). So the only one that falls out of that trend is 9 since it only goes to outzone sec 3. (3x3=? anyone??) Just trying to look at it from a weird angle. Then again I've seen streets in citys thrown into wierd configurations also . .

Marx
15-05-04, 23:26
Well, NC is full of "leveling crutches"; do we remove the bunker at MB? What about Battle Dome, CRP or the Swamp Caves?I can cap a tanks PSI in a heartbeat thanks to the aggy pits and nearby citycom. I beleive the ability to do that so easily is wrong - but then again I've been against the idea of killtask missions (or at least increase the number from say 5... to perhaps 20) for the longest.

If you want people to explore, then I say lets start an "Adopt a Newbie" Day in Neocron. Instead of all the high level characters standing around Plaza 1 & 2 congratulating themselves, take a newbie out for a tour of the country-side. Show them the Storage cellars in IND & OZ; take them out to Jeriko to see what the heck a Cyclops Launcher is, or tour the Garbage Dump to see Warbots and Desert Beasts.That wouldn't be exploration, that would be a guided tour. Guided tours do not encourage growth... Anyway, what are the chances of that actually working? Closing the aggy pits in plaza would be an easier and more efficient way to handle it.

Until then, low to mid level runners need a place like the aggies. Heck, I even enjoy dropping down there to try new weapons/psi modules or see if some newbie needs help.
Anyway, didn't want this to sound like a rant :p ; I say keep the aggies.Why do you need the aggy pits in plaza when there are better pits in OZ?

Judge
15-05-04, 23:48
I agree completely.

What to do with the physical space... I think that it should be a cellar like the one in the A&W shop in PP1. With mobs that are alternatives from rats. That would mean that people could get past the really noobish levels fast, then spend their time exploring OZ and IND, and leveling there. Because tbh with you, the game doesn't really start getting fun until you've got your first real gun and are able to start leveling off more interesting creatures than rats or bugs.