PDA

View Full Version : Naruto

Garg [RogueNET]
14-05-04, 19:14
Who here has seen Naruto and what do u think about it?

Myself ive seen 64 episodes and i got the remaining just havent seen em yet =)

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 19:25
It's getting a bit DBZish now, at ep 82.
Though they have stopped recapping half of the story each episode.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 19:29
I have read the whole manga series and I stopped watching naruto awhile ago because watching it a second time and seeing what happened to Haku and Zabuza(?) think thats not even his name I am just to tired to remember.. Well happens to those two was sad and I already read the manga so I dont need to see the series anymore.. ^^ Naruto is a girl anyway! ^^

QuantumDelta
14-05-04, 19:29
It's not meant to be watched back to back.
Told you about your anime tastes :P

Anyway;
Seen up to the latest ep, though I think we're due one now?

It's a decent series, what Shounen-Ai (sp) should be.

It's keeping pace with the Manga (considerably anyway), and has some decent depth to it's characters.

Not the worlds best anime, but a damned good example of popular anime.

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 19:31
and has some decent depth to it's characters.
Shame they are done one at a time, they don't really seem to mix together much, the whole group seems very... uninterconected...

Kasumi
14-05-04, 19:32
It's not meant to be watched back to back.
Told you about your anime tastes :P

Anyway;
Seen up to the latest ep, though I think we're due one now?

It's a decent series, what Shounen-Ai (sp) should be.

It's keeping pace with the Manga (considerably anyway), and has some decent depth to it's characters.

Not the worlds best anime, but a damned good example of popular anime.hmph! Its boring!! Shonen Ai? How is Naruto Shonen?? Naruto is very repetative..

Shame they are done one at a time, they don't really seem to mix together much, the whole group seems very... uninterconected... Uninterconnected? Naruto and Sasuke are best friend, Sakura loves sasuke, Kakashi is therer mentor.. How are they uninterconnected?? ^_^

hehehe Dribble Joy not going to complain about them wearing Sandals this time?? ^^

SirRah
14-05-04, 19:38
wtf? O_o

thats just a friggin comic/cartoon... how can it have such complex names, words, wotever o_O

Clive tombstone
14-05-04, 19:40
By unconnected, I beleave he means as far as there individual histories.

as well as personal lives (beyond Saske, naruto, Sakura (cherryblossom Girl :P) sides that, funny series, its kinda wierd thouhg, I always thought in japan they thought of ninjas as lowest of the low and just scumbags ^^

Funny how they turn it into such a light-hearted subject (not so lighthearted at some points though ^^; )

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 19:41
Uninterconnected? Naruto and Sasuke are best friend, Sakura loves sasuke, Kakashi is therer mentor.. How are they uninterconnected?? ^_^
Within that group yes.
But what about the other genin teams, we had a little bit about the rivalry between sakura and ino, but it was resolved.
We had naruto and neji/haruko (?) but again it was resloved.
There is little/no crossings between the groups, and there are few/none real running stories.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 19:42
By unconnected, I beleave he means as far as there individual histories.

as well as personal lives (beyond Saske, naruto, Sakura (cherryblossom Girl :P) sides that, funny series, its kinda wierd thouhg, I always thought in japan they thought of ninjas as lowest of the low and just scumbags ^^

Funny how they turn it into such a light-hearted subject (not so lighthearted at some points though ^^; )hehe I want to be a Ninja! ^^ Ok maybe not! :) Well alot of "important" subjects are turned into a light hearted things in Anime.. Angel Sanctuary or Her and Her Cat are very good examples of this.. :)

Within that group yes.
But what about the other genin teams, we had a little bit about the rivalry between sakura and ino, but it was resolved.
We had naruto and neji/haruko (?) but again it was resloved.
There is little/no crossings between the groups, and there are few/none real running stories.
Ok now i understand what you mean.. ^^ Haku's story was well thought out and explained well.. But oh well the most important focus of the story is ON the group of people not the rival ninjas.. :)

MrChumble
14-05-04, 19:48
I used to get annoyed that Naruto whined and cried all the time. Now he doesn't whine and cry...but also doesn't kick much ass.

My complaint with Naruto is the same as my DBZ complaint: if they compressed it down and cut out all the crap it would be 20x better. Less arsing about, more ass kicking.

I can't see it having an awesome DBZ style "The Unleashing" moment either. It's fun and I watch each ep as it comes, but it's fun on a Harry Potter kind of level, it's not gonna expand the mind or examine deep themes. I much prefer stuff like Paranoia Agent.

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 19:50
Anyone starts to mention EVA I'm gonna have to shake my fists at them in a somewhat unthreatening manner.

Clive tombstone
14-05-04, 19:52
well I see your guy's points (angel sanctuary?) never heard of it >_<. Umm there ARE some "unleashing" moments, dont forget that Narutos "Inner Demon" ^_^

To bad Rock Lee Doesnt get too much coverage the coolest ninja of all (Grins "Gleem")

MrChumble
14-05-04, 19:52
Anyone starts to mention EVA I'm gonna have to shake my fists at them in a somewhat unthreatening manner.

Blame this on yourself...

EVA reminds me of a Tarantino film. 50% cool, 50% pretentious irritating pigswill. Far too impressed by it's own cleverness in many places, but still pretty good overall.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 19:54
well I see your guy's points (angel sanctuary?) never heard of it >_<. Umm there ARE some "unleashing" moments, dont forget that Narutos "Inner Demon" ^_^

To bad Rock Lee Doesnt get too much coverage the coolest ninja of all (Grins "Gleem")
hehe Hinata and Tsunami need more parts in Naruto.. Tsunami is the girl in my signature.. :P

MrChumble
14-05-04, 19:56

That annoys me as well :p (a lot of stuff does).

Kenshin: Trained hard, uber cool.
Gohan: Had to tap his inner strength
Shinji: Overcoming his own general crapness
Naruto: fundementally utterlly rubbish at Ninjaing, requires an overpowered demon to give him the power to not suck utterly.

He's such a crap hero :)

Kakashi is so much cooler; Gai is just the win; Sasuke has talent. Naruto is the runt of the litter.

Clive tombstone
14-05-04, 20:00
Hinata- hmm she reminds me allot (looks allot like here too O_o) of my first girlfriend, gosh I miss her...

"slap slap" Back to the topic (grins "Gleem")

Hinata, I wish she would just go out and say it. She really like Naruto, but just fiddle-faddles around cuz she's to shy.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 20:02
Hinata- hmm she reminds me allot (looks allot like here too O_o) of my first girlfriend, gosh I miss her...

"slap slap" Back to the topic (grins "Gleem")

Hinata, I wish she would just go out and say it. She really like Naruto, but just fiddle-faddles around cuz she's to shy.hehe Hinata reminds me alot of me! Well the shy part atleast.. :) ^^ I also think her eyes are really pretty! ^^

Kakashi is so much cooler; Gai is just the win; Sasuke has talent. Naruto is the runt of the litter.Kakashi is everyones favorite why do people like him? only thing interesting is his book.. :) Sasuke is evil so I hate him lots :( Naruto is the only one that is interesting in the anime because he is different than most used characters in anime.. :)

Edit: I still want to know why QD said Naruto was Shonen.. Or did I not read his sentence wrong?? :

QuantumDelta
14-05-04, 20:07
Well most people here class DBZ/Naruto/GD-W/etc as Shounen Ai

Err chumble;
If you didn't notice during the Gaara vs Naruto fight -- Naruto barely used kyubi, and, he had been fighting at his maximum + using kyubi earlier that day, plus if you consider kakashi's explanation and Ero-sennins explanation of naruto+sasuke+sakura you'd not have really said that ;p

Kasumi
14-05-04, 20:11
Well most people here class DBZ/Naruto/GD-W/etc as Shounen Ai

Err chumble;
If you didn't notice during the Gaara vs Naruto fight -- Naruto barely used kyubi, and, he had been fighting at his maximum + using kyubi earlier that day, plus if you consider kakashi's explanation and Ero-sennins explanation of naruto+sasuke+sakura you'd not have really said that ;p
hrmm ok I see I guess it can be Shounen but I dont think that is what it would be considered to its creators.. There arent even any CUTE GUYS in Naruto! Except for Zabuza(?) ^^ Gundam has lots and lots of cute guys! :P

QuantumDelta
14-05-04, 20:12
Haku was the cute one, Zabuza was the demon ninja (err?)

But guess you're right there ;p

--
I like the series, but, that's probably, solely, because I can relate to the main character very well.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 20:14
Haku was the cute one, Zabuza was the demon ninja (err?)

But guess you're right there ;p

--
I like the series, but, that's probably, solely, because I can relate to the main character very well.I love the series but unfortunately what happens to Zabuza and Haku is just to heart breaking to watch it!

Edit: Also I dont like Sasuke and he is evil and should die!^^

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 20:15
I love the series but unfortunately what happens to Zabuza and Haku is just to heart breaking to watch it!
Bloody hell, you're such a girl. :p

QuantumDelta
14-05-04, 20:20
Well, it's certainly portrayed as heart breaking, and it seriously upsets Naruto.

That whole Saga is (from Naruto's point of view) his first, real introduction to the world of the Ninja, his first real encounter with someone so dangerous, and someone carrying the burden of being a Shinobi.

The series takes two stand points on Shinobi.

There are people like Sarutobi (the 3rd hokage)/Naruto.
There are people like Zabuza/Orochimaru.

Now, none of these people are truly shown as "evil" -- sure they're a bit power mad, but the only person who comes across as evil, is Gaara out of all those we've met, I wish they had spoiler tags. heh.

***********Spoiler*********

Even the stuff for Gaara Changes, after the fight with naruto is over you can see the change in him already.

Really though, it's about both how the Shinobi is supposed to be an emotionless, stable, killing machine that can skillfully handle any situation, and, it's about how Naruto and Sarutobi see Shinobi, as Guardians of people precious to them.

J. Folsom
14-05-04, 20:23
QD: Use [color=#454545] for spoilers.

Doesn't work anymore if someone quotes you though, unfortunately, and it's unlikely people will change your colour tags to [color=#525252] for you when quoting.
I suppose you could standardly put it in a quote tag, then even if someone quotes you, it'll disappear automatticaly.

Actually, standardly putting it in a quote tag would probably be best, that way someone can qoute you without spoiling it for him/herself.

Clive tombstone
14-05-04, 20:23
Isnt Kasumi a Girl? RL? dunno :D if so its stating the obvious.

Hmm the parts I like the most had to be between Naruto and garaa, showing nature vs Nuture. showing that two people can be so alike, ye have such great differences. Gara in the end see's the light (as far as I have watched so far

three favorite characters:Rock Lee, Guy Sensei, Erro-Sensei :D

Kasumi
14-05-04, 20:24
Bloody hell, you're such a girl. :phmph You sound like my husband.. :( I am a girl and regardless it is sad.. If you dont see that than I dont know why you would even watch anime because anime is about "emotion"

My favorite part is watching Naruto beat up Sasuke! And finally killing him! :p

Clive tombstone
14-05-04, 20:27
hmph You sound like my husband.. I am a girl and regardless it is sad.. If you dont see that than I dont know why you would even watch anime because anime is about "emotion"

here here! Anime is an Art form indeed, and art is ment to inspire thought emotion and other weird emotions :P

Glad you said it! :cool:

PS-sas isnt evil, just a jerk lol... and probably gay :D

QuantumDelta
14-05-04, 20:29
Most Televised and other wise forms of Digital+Audio published stuff is meant to ;p

Though, anime just does it better for me.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 20:31
here here! Anime is an Art form indeed, and art is ment to inspire thought emotion and other weird emotions :P

Glad you said it! :cool:

PS-sas isnt evil, just a jerk lol... and probably gay :D
Sas?? Sasuke? bah he is evil! He could of been best friends with Zabuza he is so evil ^^

Clive tombstone
14-05-04, 20:33
Dunno if Im stating the obvious ( I seldom do :D ) anywho, does it seem kinda weird, you know with the different countries (:Leaf sand Fire Water.. something something XD) kinda represents the countries of the real world. dunno, Im lost in the dark.

Drake6k
14-05-04, 21:56
I've seen all of it (got my nartuo sig and avatar on!) and read all the manga. I stoped reading the manga though about a month ago as it ruined the anime which I enjoy a lot more. I dont know why people like the manga so much o_O Yeah it was done better but I cant get into it as much as a show with music and voices. I'm downloading episode 83 atm.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 21:59
I've seen all of it (got my nartuo sig and avatar on!) and read all the manga. I stoped reading the manga though about a month ago as it ruined the anime which I enjoy a lot more. I dont know why people like the manga so much o_O Yeah it was done better but I cant get into it as much as a show with music and voices. I'm downloading episode 83 atm.First time I hear someone say "Manga ruined anime" It usually is Anime has ruined this manga *title here* ^^ *yawn* So sleeppppyyy!! :(

Edit: Blah! Go buy it stop downloading it!

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 22:03
Naruto isn't leicensed yet, I mean that we literally cannot buy it yet, rather than an excuse for dling.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 22:06
Naruto isn't leicensed yet, I mean that we literally cannot buy it yet, rather than an excuse for dling.
hmph I know it isnt Liscensed but you can still buy it.. Saying you only download because you cant buy it is just an excuse to steal.. :)

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 22:08
No... I meant that because it is't licensed we cannot buy it.
Unless you can buy unlicensed shows. O_o

Drake6k
14-05-04, 22:09
Edit: Blah! Go buy it stop downloading it!

You cant buy Naruto in the US. I rent my anime from Anime Nation (yeah they have one store and its 10 minutes from my house!!!) but they dont have stuff that isnt licensed.

(edit)

I'm not saying the manga ruined the anime It's just I like watching anime more and knowing everything that happens sucks greatly. Reading one manga chapter a week doesnt feel like I'm getting half as much as when I watch an entire anime episode.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 22:09
No... I meant that because it is't licensed we cannot buy it.
Unless you can buy unlicensed shows. O_o
You can import it Dribble Joy.. It isnt illegal to import something for you country is it?? ^^

MrChumble
14-05-04, 22:10
hmph I know it isnt Liscensed but you can still buy it.. Saying you only download because you cant buy it is just an excuse to steal.. :)

How exactly do you buy something that isn't for sale?

When it does eventually go on sale it will (most likely) not be licensed in the UK, so the only option will be a hideously expensive Japanese import that I couldn't understand anyway.

If it makes you feel any better I bought all of Kenshin, Nadesico, BGC2040, RayEarth and many more. I'm not adverse to buying stuff that's for sale...but lets put it like this...I can't afford the 2.5TB of anime I've got :p

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 22:13
I was not aware that it was availiable to buy yet at all.
My japanese is appaling anyway, but when there is a subbed version availiable I will probably buy it.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 22:14
I was not aware that it was availiable to buy yet at all.
My japanese is appaling anyway, but when there is a subbed version availiable I will probably buy it. hehe Yes Naruto can be bought.. It was for sell along time ago.. ^^

MrChumble
14-05-04, 22:19
I dont want to start an arguement about this.. Even though I think i already did.. but I do get bothered when people download anime and think its ok to STEAL From MY country even though that cant get in trouble in THERE country.. ^^ I dont mind people who download anime but.. 83 Episodes of Naruto is kind of enough.. I think by than you should wait for it to be liscensed which I doubt Naruto will be or look for na Import with subtitles :/

Well my take on it is I spend as much money as I can afford to on licenced anime. If I then download unlicensed anime (which is perfectly legal as far as I'm aware) it doesn't hurt anyone, because I am physically unable to afford it anyway. This keeps my interest in anime up, and thus means when something I like is licenced I'm far more likely to pay for it (over, say, the new Office DvD).

It's a slightly legal grey area, but I do it shamelessly: I'd buy more if I could afford to buy more.

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 23:20
hmph You sound like my husband.. :( I am a girl and regardless it is sad.. If you dont see that than I dont know why you would even watch anime because anime is about "emotion"
Why do you take things I say so seriously or think I'm being mean.
I know that bit was sad but.. gah I dunno.

I was just being silly. Sorry.

Kasumi
14-05-04, 23:22
Why do you take things I say so seriously or think I'm being mean.
I know that bit was sad but.. gah I dunno.

I was just being silly. Sorry.
Sorry myself! Maybe I shouldnt of overacted so much! ^^

QuantumDelta
15-05-04, 05:04
I do the download anime thing the way it's meant to be done;

Download until liscened.
Stop downloading once liscened -- keep files.

Buy DVDs when released (liscened != released here).

Basically, I *would* import, but, A) My japanese isn't that good (yet...though recently (scarily) I have started getting mildly annoyed at fansub quality of language translation cuz I know a fair few words and they tend to get them wrong o.O), so I need to wait for a Subbed or Dubbed version to go on sale from the actual company.

Hense I keep the download until I do.

It's not illegal to do so as long as you have intent to buy, and most importantly; don't distribute after it's liscened.

Though, most of the anime I have, if I have no intent to buy it (eg; Yugo I downloaded recently) I delete it there and then.
If it's not worth cash it's not worth HDD Space :P

sanityislost
15-05-04, 05:41
i havent seen ANY of it yet and it pisses me off big time :mad: everytime i try to dl an ep its sits there doing feck all. if anyone knows a good place to get some eps plz pm me the details...thankies

SiL ..:..

Peeping Tom
15-05-04, 19:33
i seen em up to ep 83.. well the "action" episodes are ok.. but i fucking hate the "asian" humor if you catch my drift, it plays on blushing embarincing etc, i dont like the wisdom word shits either
the reasons i keep on watching it, well im a sucker for soaps ( i did see 100 ep of santa barbara in a row, also used to watch Days of our lifes( the soap joey from friends "played in" )

a fan site of Naruto (http://narutofan.com/) here

K4F

Kasumi
15-05-04, 20:02
i seen em up to ep 83.. well the "action" episodes are ok.. but i fucking hate the "asian" humor if you catch my drift, it plays on blushing embarincing etc..

K4FUmm I dont understand "asian humor:confused: ".. Also Naruto is an ASIAN show.. ^^

The manga is better. yep! ALOT better! ^^

Parappa
15-05-04, 20:04
The manga is better.

Dribble Joy
15-05-04, 20:34
Is the manga availiable in english?

Btw, has it ended yet?

Kasumi
15-05-04, 20:50
Is the manga availiable in english?

Btw, has it ended yet?
Do you mean to buy it or download it?? :)

Parappa
15-05-04, 21:03
It's available in high quality translated downloads.

Dribble Joy
15-05-04, 21:13
Do you mean to buy it or download it?? :)
To be totally honest, either, or both if that's how it works.

Links to a site?

Kasumi
15-05-04, 21:15
To be totally honest, either, or both if that's how it works.

Links to a site?You wont find it in english atleast for buying! I wont give you a site for downloading it! :) The manga is has 13 volumes to it.. ^^

Garg [RogueNET]
15-05-04, 21:34
*just finished watching Episode 83*

*cries* i wanna have episode 84 nooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Tupac
16-05-04, 16:26
thread has been made by me already and yes it rocks to the max seen up to episode 83 i think its the best anime since Dragon Ball anyways