PDA

View Full Version : maybe this was asked before, but im curious

extract
14-05-04, 18:46
why does pistols require less weapon lore than rifles?

I got an all artifact PE on my low tech PE, Ive got 180 RC and 130 WPL, and i get like 264% aiming on it....I understand its rediculously close, but I wish I could allot more into psi use and if 75 wasnt enough....but I seen a thread earlier with someone who had like 60 psu 110 hacking and little amount of WPL....and im sure they cap them....its no fair i tell ye

I mean i understand in a sense....the concept of rifles being more hard to aim, but in reality they are alot easier to aim than pistols....I know first hand having shot expert rifle but only marksman pistol in the military lol....

not asking for a boost or a pistol nerf, just curious why is all, im perfectly content with my setup in all honesty

kurai
14-05-04, 18:56
As with many things in NC they make sense internally for game design reasons, but things break down when you try and translate that into "real world" scenarios.

The solution is not to try and force the analogy too far :D

Anyway - in NC the weapon lore is a "cost" for having a long range capability, basically.

]v[ortice
14-05-04, 19:29
It was basically to give PE's a chance to have less WEP for other things in INT with their reduced INT CAP... if they chose pistols.

Tech combat weapons were only really meant for spies and low-techs for PEs initially. But people made setups for both.