14-05-04, 13:22
How is it going with the patch?
Is there still many bugs?
Can we expect it within a month?

Any rumours, new about this?

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 13:25
Read the TS forum.

There will probably be another TS patch soon to fix some bugs.

Omnituens
14-05-04, 13:33
like the loms, i got things that i think are bugged, but i need to get a character up a running there.

i bet we are looking at a retail patch withing 2-3 weeks

]v[ortice
14-05-04, 14:36
Be patient we're getting a great big patch soon.

My money is on it being the last patch before BDoY is released too.

Lots of new content and goodies w00t! Can't wait!

Dribble Joy
14-05-04, 14:38
I am sooo looking forward to the drug alterations.

Very sexy.

Original monk
14-05-04, 14:41
v[ortice']Be patient we're getting a great big patch soon.

dont they know by know that great big patches equal great big troubles :)

like dissapearing cabinets and giant bugs ... like last time the mc5 guards that happend to stop firing at people ... and we got mc5 closed .. and it aint open yet no ...

pessimist ? nopez ... realist.

bounty
14-05-04, 15:18
I was hoping to see tech level changes to all weapons, not just melee. I was really looking forward to that :-/

J. Folsom
14-05-04, 15:20
dont they know by know that great big patches equal great big troubles :)

like dissapearing cabinets and giant bugs ... like last time the mc5 guards that happend to stop firing at people ... and we got mc5 closed .. and it aint open yet no ...

pessimist ? nopez ... realist.
I suppose so, on the other hand. This time the big patch is actually being tested for a larger amount of time, IIRC the last patch was only tested for a week before being put on retail.

Scanner Darkly
14-05-04, 15:30
Yes the new patch makes me want to *fap fap fap*
DoY tunnels oh my word its going to be wonderful...
Good job to all those involved and all those sexy testers :)

greets,

SD

winnoc
14-05-04, 15:56
What i'm wondering is, do i sell the couple of apc keys i have or do i keep em till after the patch?

Looks like there's gonna be all new rules as to making money constructing stuff.

Hell, would be cool if they implement the runner shops, so one can finaly sell the stuff he built at a good price instead of a little over the price of components and gel.

Original monk
14-05-04, 16:01
What i'm wondering is, do i sell the couple of apc keys i have or do i keep em till after the patch?

yeah what about apc keys .. anyone knows if anything changing with apc's and barter etc ?

Maarten
14-05-04, 16:45
I checked the Troop Carrier blueprints on the testserver and the recipe has changed from this:

1, 2, 3, 10

to this: (if I remember correctly)

1, 5, 6, 9

You can do the math to see if you're still making any profit building and selling troopies...

Sidenote: the big change on the recipes is that not a single part will be needed twice for one build. So you will no longer need a lot of cheap parts, only a few expensive parts. You are going to need Weaponpart 8 and 9 a lot after the next patch.

Strych9
14-05-04, 16:53
Hell, would be cool if they implement the runner shops, so one can finaly sell the stuff he built at a good price instead of a little over the price of components and gel.Isnt that a known/planned feature of BDOY?

Heavyporker
14-05-04, 16:54
actually, that looks like it evens out in the end...

but I have to ask... what are vec 10s gonna be used for now?!?!

MrBiggles
14-05-04, 17:26
maybe they're making room for the flying vehics and reserving vehic 10s for that? dunno

Strych9
14-05-04, 17:34
maybe they're making room for the flying vehics and reserving vehic 10s for that? dunnoWell there is an algorithm that looks at item TL, and determines part useage. So if the current APC and rhino dont use the 10, then it would take a higher TL vehicle to do so- and will the gliders and such be at a higher TL?

n3m
14-05-04, 17:37
bombers and carriers will be for sure

Although, it's kinda strange because the bombers/gliders/carriers etc are DoY and the vhc components are labeled NEXT

J. Folsom
14-05-04, 17:40
Based on observations I've made from parts needed for items, I think the Algorithm has basically been "reversed".

Most parts I've seen for any single item up to now is 4 :eek:
Highest part level I've seen needed is 9 :eek:

And there a lot more items which generally require more expensive parts. While they nevertheless have the same "cost" in parts.
I think that this is focused on getting rid of the overloaded constructor problem.

From that I'd guess it now attempts to minimize the amount of parts needed for construction, instead of trying to squeeze in as many as possible by keeping the part level as low as it can, while trying to achieve a certain value in parts used.

Aziraphale
14-05-04, 18:42
maybe they're making room for the flying vehics and reserving vehic 10s for that? dunno

Makes sense.

greendonkeyuk
14-05-04, 19:16
bombers and carriers will be for sure

Although, it's kinda strange because the bombers/gliders/carriers etc are DoY and the vhc components are labeled NEXT
next are allied to fa... whos to say the angels didnt deal with next on behalf of DoY.....

I agree, the gliders are bound to be a higher tech level than the rhinos i think... because, well, they fly.

Strych9
14-05-04, 19:17
next are allied to fa... whos to say the angels didnt deal with next on behalf of DoY.....

I agree, the gliders are bound to be a higher tech level than the rhinos i think... because, well, they fly.Typically, TL = reqs.

So simply put, do the gliders have higher reqs? If so, you can expect them to be a higher tech level. I just dont know the reqs of the new vehicles.

jernau
14-05-04, 19:57
Reqs are here : http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/Fahrzeuge.htm

/edit @omni - what's happened/happening to LoMs? I can't see anything about them

Aziraphale
14-05-04, 21:49
I think maybe a 'drivers glove' should be implemented. Otherwise anyone wanting to pilot a glider is going to have to majorly gimp themselves up. Though maybe that's the idea.

plague
14-05-04, 22:11
I think maybe a 'drivers glove' should be implemented. Otherwise anyone wanting to pilot a glider is going to have to majorly gimp themselves up. Though maybe that's the idea.
When gliders coming next patch or doy? and where can i get one of teh trikes :D

-=z=-
14-05-04, 22:16
Don't know about gliders. Trikes are only available from other players, give a shout on trade or if you play on Uranus send me a PM and I'll hook you up with some BPs.

I'm torn on the Drivers glove idea. I've heard it suggested before, but I don't want vehicles to too common. Plus all those people so focused on PvP that they can't spare the vhc to spec enough to drive a hover should have to run.

Maybe if they removed all combat abilities like the other trade gloves so only the dedicated drivers could drive and gun the combat vehicles I'd support the driver's glove idea, but only vhc +15 (not enough for the hover ;) ).

Heavyporker
14-05-04, 23:22
while I have to agree... its kinda too *easy* to drive vecs atm.

the vec imps are uber in their right... and a driving glove (which kinda doesnt make sense to me... driving eye is a stretch, but a glove has launched itself in the twilight zone, to me).

I think its best to have some low level driving drugs... the opposite of paratemol or something.

amfest
14-05-04, 23:29
while I have to agree... its kinda too *easy* to drive vecs atm.

the vec imps are uber in their right... and a driving glove (which kinda doesnt make sense to me... driving eye is a stretch, but a glove has launched itself in the twilight zone, to me).

I think its best to have some low level driving drugs... the opposite of paratemol or something.
Sorta wish there were some combat driving Imps though that gave vhc and HC but took away from dex based combat skills and agility

Aziraphale
14-05-04, 23:39

Hehe true it is a little absurd, and eye would be just about acceptable though.

The current driving imps are okay, you can get a +30 boost in total, but that means you run like a snail. You can probably counter that with a Balance advancer, so that you only lose 15 ath really.

Hmm I guess 70 isnt too unreasonable for people to achieve, if they just lose a bit of their primary combat skill or dont take TC its fine.

-=z=-
14-05-04, 23:53
Hehe true it is a little absurd, and eye would be just about acceptable though.

The current driving imps are okay, you can get a +30 boost in total, but that means you run like a snail. You can probably counter that with a Balance advancer, so that you only lose 15 ath really.

Hmm I guess 70 isnt too unreasonable for people to achieve, if they just lose a bit of their primary combat skill or dont take TC its fine.

The biggest problem with the existing driving imps is that they aren't good enough to sacrifice brain slots (not for me anyway). Maybe when the gliders come out it might be good to pop a vhc 3 instead of skilling for ~100 vhc. The vhc chips should raise both Int and Dex, then they'd be worth using. Vhc have an INT req to use, so why shouldn't the vhc chips raise INT? They could still be dex based to use, but have them raise INT.

I love the HC\vhc eye suggestion. How long has there been a need for a HC eye? I know... about as long as a PSI eye has been needed ;)

DonnyJepp
15-05-04, 00:01
I checked the Troop Carrier blueprints on the testserver and the recipe has changed from this:

1, 2, 3, 10

to this: (if I remember correctly)

1, 5, 6, 9

You can do the math to see if you're still making any profit building and selling troopies...

Sidenote: the big change on the recipes is that not a single part will be needed twice for one build. So you will no longer need a lot of cheap parts, only a few expensive parts. You are going to need Weaponpart 8 and 9 a lot after the next patch.

That really blows. Talk about borking up Saturn's economy :rolleyes: I don't like it when they put in patches that nerf stacks of stuff I have saved up. It takes a lot of hours to make a stack of APC BPs.

Better get building the troopies while we still can. So much for that pile of 170 vehicle 10s that I've picked up off warbots.

Not a very good change if you ask me. The rich get richer.

jernau
15-05-04, 00:51
That really blows. Talk about borking up Saturn's economy :rolleyes: I don't like it when they put in patches that nerf stacks of stuff I have saved up. It takes a lot of hours to make a stack of APC BPs.

Better get building the troopies while we still can. So much for that pile of 170 vehicle 10s that I've picked up off warbots.

Not a very good change if you ask me. The rich get richer.
You have 170 APCs ready to build and you are complaining about economic balance issues? :wtf:

DonnyJepp
15-05-04, 02:15
You have 170 APCs ready to build and you are complaining about economic balance issues? :wtf:

No. If I don't get in and work hard this weekend I won't have shit.

It's a money nerf. They're making things that people have saved up, in some cases for over a year, less than half as valuable.

You thought things were pricey before just wait until this goes in, combined with MC5 reopening, you'll see MC5 chips selling for 40 mil.

good fun
:rolleyes:

jernau
15-05-04, 03:19
I don't think they'll be patching retail anytime soon so there's no great hurry. Look in the TS forum - there are some pretty ugly bugs on there to fix and/or test.

People have been screaming for money-nerfs for months and IMO the APC trick is pretty lame and needs removing. That said I think people can still make a fortune on them it's just a different recipe now.

40Mil is about half price for an MC5 on Saturn at the moment. That should fall though once it re-opens.

DonnyJepp
15-05-04, 03:53
I don't think they'll be patching retail anytime soon so there's no great hurry. Look in the TS forum - there are some pretty ugly bugs on there to fix and/or test.

People have been screaming for money-nerfs for months and IMO the APC trick is pretty lame and needs removing. That said I think people can still make a fortune on them it's just a different recipe now.

40Mil is about half price for an MC5 on Saturn at the moment. That should fall though once it re-opens.

True, most of it. (some) people have been screaming for a money nerf, those that can't put in the hours. I say if you're not willing to live a dysfunctional lifestyle and be truly dedicated to the Zen of the game then you don't deserve the good stuff :D :D 8 hours a day is the bare minimum requirement :p

It's just that building APCs is the absolute standard of cash at this time in the game. Anyone that wants to invest X number of hours for Y million creds can do it fairly. WP10s are kind of the new money.

And if they make it twice as hard to acquire cash, 40 mil will seem like a whole lot. I wonder how many billion credits are already in player hands though.......I always keep about a mil on hand and just keep available the things that are worth $$.

I guess with a 1:1 MC5 drop rate it should even out, I'm glad I kept my capped LE PPU around. :p

CrazyMan
18-05-04, 10:40
KK any news on the patch? How much longer do we have to wait for it? :o

Saza
18-05-04, 11:54
I am sooo looking forward to the drug alterations.

Very sexy.

Errrrr... why?

WebShock
18-05-04, 13:31

It's a money nerf. They're making things that people have saved up, in some cases for over a year, less than half as valuable.

You thought things were pricey before just wait until this goes in, combined with MC5 reopening, you'll see MC5 chips selling for 40 mil.

good fun
You're wrong dude.

i saw some guy on trade getting flamed because he was outraged at the 50 mill hawkins some constructor was trying to sell him

bork the economy? you been on vacation or something? the economy has been fucked for months.

1 mill for one tech part :wtf:

if that isnt borked to u i dunno what is

if a hawk is going for 50 mil imagine what a sa or ds is going for.

SorkZmok
18-05-04, 13:33
Errrrr... why?
10 more hlt for DJ the redflash junkie. ;)

Saza
18-05-04, 13:50
10 more hlt for DJ the redflash junkie. ;)
Hm... Well I take Dest Fort for my spy and with the coming patch that's comptelely useless. So I'll have to take this new PSI drug, oh well - wait! It reduces weapon lore! How nice.

O_o

Edit: And don't get me started on Beast...

Corp
24-05-04, 07:50
Still no info?

MkVenner
24-05-04, 09:55
1 mill for a tech part? 125k i seen

but 50mill for a Mc5 is insane...tho any one can make that sorta money it just takes time like make 1 APC, that gets the money for 2, then 4 etc etc...

ne way...new patch? when? plz? tell us?
even an ETA

Aziraphale
24-05-04, 11:18
1 mill for a tech part? 125k i seen

but 50mill for a Mc5 is insane...tho any one can make that sorta money it just takes time like make 1 APC, that gets the money for 2, then 4 etc etc...

ne way...new patch? when? plz? tell us?
even an ETA

I think he means Dev parts, they go for silly prices.

MkVenner
24-05-04, 11:25
oh i thought he meant unidentified...

t0tt3
24-05-04, 12:11

Have a shit? You are a greedy person or your math is lower then my 2 year old sister....

get a barter about 75 k each 10 VC
75 000 * 170 = 12750000

Thats over 12.5 M!!!!!!! and you say you dont have a shit :lol:

Omnituens
24-05-04, 12:30
Have a shit? You are a greedy person or your math is lower then my 2 year old sister....

get a barter about 75 k each 10 VC
75 000 * 170 = 12750000

Thats over 12.5 M!!!!!!! and you say you dont have a shit :lol:
not for long, profits get nerfed next patch if the BP changes go ahead

Sorin
24-05-04, 12:33
ROFLOL :D Better get those 170 AT Carriers built Tyr. Whif got my account back up and running so DM him while he's using The Creator and get those damn things built!! (If you see any of my characters online it's not me. I can't get NC running here at school because of their richard-simmons-fruity firewall).

n3m
24-05-04, 12:34
noo, thats what u get by sellling them to crytons
you can get 125k ish per key with a barter

t0tt3
24-05-04, 18:57
not for long, profits get nerfed next patch if the BP changes go ahead

Not APC.... the Vehicle component 10.... = VC10 :rolleyes:
And I dont think they changed the VC10 BP and I think he still finds them in WBs and I STILL think he can sell them _AFTER_ the patch for 75k each...

His loss is that he is to lazy to build them to APC:s and screw the economy once more....

40$Poser
24-05-04, 19:03

good fun

uh what server you play on? cause I see quite a few people offering 50-75 mil for mc5 chips at the moment, every day.

Omnituens
24-05-04, 19:10
And I dont think they changed the VC10 BP
the algorithm that generates the parts needed has been redone - this affects ALL bps

t0tt3
24-05-04, 19:14
the algorithm that generates the parts needed has been redone - this affects ALL bps

Still they cant give it out for free can they? Still he gonna make nice cash from 170 VC10 if so maybe not close 13 M but say 6 - 7 M thats nice to just from loot.... If the system wasn´t fucked up it would still be much cash :wtf:

slaughteruall
24-05-04, 19:15

I was offered 80 mil for a herc this weekend. No way i'm trusting someone to wait long enough for me to log on 4 alts to get 20 mil on each char. That and what the hell do i want that much money for anyways. It really does me no good. Money is worthless. They seriouly need to allow people to hold more then 20 mil.

Slaughter