PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic RPOS

Omnituens
14-05-04, 12:29
OK, I had an idea about making the RPOS change colour to match your SL, so:

SL >= 0 : green (current)
-15 >= SL < 0 : Yellow/cream coloured
SL <= -16 : Blood red

Not only would this LOOK cool, it would stop people being unware of a drop in SL due to AOE in the middle of a fight (where a quick glance at you SL could kill you).

Please post your options below.

Capt. Rik
14-05-04, 12:32
Can't say anything bad about the idea. It would be cool. I like my custom coloured RPOS tho ;)

Lafiel
14-05-04, 14:26
amazing idea..... exept i like my color atm ;d

Eledhbrant
14-05-04, 14:34
Yeah, maybe have the SL bar change colour? might not co-ordinate but you'd see it :P

olavski
14-05-04, 14:35
Good idea, but not all of the RPOS.

maybe only the bar where it displays your money, SL etc. That'll be sufficient and will make you more aware when you're (unknowingly) losing SL.

OR maybe a couple of flashlights on yer head for 3 seconds, including syren. ;)

naimex
14-05-04, 14:42
just make a bar below the topbar with an indicator.

Green : You lose 1 item in a normal zone
Yellow : You lose 1 item in a normal zone, but beware
Red : dont die or youŽll lose 5 items in a normal zone

just a colour indicational bar.

Scanner Darkly
14-05-04, 15:27
I voted yes, with this proviso: Have the 3 different states customisable in NC color or whatever you use to edit your RPOS. This way you can set a colour for each SL state or if you want have them all the same colour....

Greets,

SD

Promethius
14-05-04, 15:55
Sounds like a great idea, especially for those hunting in groups at the chaos caves. Lost a countless number of SL there. :rolleyes:

Though I wouldn't wont the whole RPOS to change color, But the SL bar itself would be a good indication. Also If the entire RPOS screen changed colors it could make some of the writing unreadable. Also I'm sure theres plenty of people who want to keep there RPOS coloring as it is.

5 stars

-Prom

Maester Seymour
14-05-04, 16:04
voted Yes,

I reckon its a great idea, i'd use it for sure ;)

Kasumi
14-05-04, 16:06
No I dont see a need for this.. It would just become bothersome.. ^^

Scanner Darkly
14-05-04, 16:35
Kasumi - it would be OPTIONAL....

regards,

SD

J. Folsom
14-05-04, 16:38
I think if this got implemented, the colours should simply change to match your RPOS settings for the SL colours, as not all people follow the green/yellow/red variation of this.

I do agree with people not having the whole RPOS change; I know that otherwise my clan chat would become completely undreadable constantly as that has the same colour in my case as the good SL colour.

Top bar sounds perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

Maarten
14-05-04, 16:42
I'll talk to Bram, maybe we can make this a feature in NL Pro...

Marx
14-05-04, 16:43
Since people don't pay attention to their SL number and then lose all their stuff... This wouldn't give them excuse to bitch about it on the forums.

Voted yes for the idea - though I prefer the abovestated idea of a small bar.

Omnituens
14-05-04, 17:07
I'll talk to Bram, maybe we can make this a feature in NL Pro...
as long as it can be a stand alone that would be used with or without NL Pro, i dont like using 3rd party programs

not that im insulting your program, i just dont like the idea of 3rd party programs messing with my files.