PDA

View Full Version : PE redone number 2 (poll)

Alienfreak
14-05-04, 11:41
After KK seems to see PE as an class of its own and no longer as the jack of all trades its time to give the PE some specials that only the PE can have. The PE has atm nothing and everybody who says that a PE is so good because he can wield almost every weapon that guy should try to play his class with 4+ Drugs and he will see, that he can wield many rifles or pistols as an Tank and is better in the overall, just like the PE.

I have listed a few options what to do with the PE:
(plz vote, or give your own opinion)
1. Give him kinda special, like an Anti Stealth tool which only he can use.
2. Make the Drawbacks for Drugs stronge (for all classes!!) and give him some special weapons, that only (or other classes only drugged) he can use. They could use an combination of attributes, like PSI and DEX (for psi rifles) or like STR and DEX or PSI and STR (psi cannons). That would really kick ass, and make him special, just like all the other classes. If you want you can give him own armors, that use PSI and STR as requirement, for example.
3. Add some good low level Rifles, like Gatling, Mutant rifle and so on! The Tank has good non TC melees, why shouldnt the PE have? (Attention!! the poll option 3 should be this one, not the Armor!!!)
4. Rearange his Attributes. How the new ones will look like doesnt matter here its just about new caps and probably even giving him 320 attribute points instead of 300. That would give him a big power boost. As a balancing you could make again the drawbacks of drugs stronger.

5. Anti Freeze Armor. The Armor just takes away 50-80% (has to be done later) of Freeze effect, or even negates them. Probably it should do the same with DMG boosts. This would make the PE independent again, as he should be and woulndt overpower him (probably compatible with solution 1)
(credits to DarkFear for that great idea!!)

Just vote for the idea you like most ... or not :rolleyes:

Alienfreak
14-05-04, 11:49
Damnit ... my poll is again screwed ... i hate this board 'cause you cant edit your poll ...

3 isnt the Armor, Armor shouldnt have been an own option in the poll ... it should be more rare low tech rifles for the pe.

LiL T
14-05-04, 14:00
I like the anti freeze but it should have a down side like no pistol combat bonus and it should give less energy resist.

Fafhrd
14-05-04, 15:16
I voted for the anti-freeze thing.

Doesn't have to be an armor, could be a set of implants as well (the more af-implants you got, the better the "anti-freeze effect" // anyone remember the set-bonus of Diablo2?).

Of course is should have not only boni but a malus as well.

Marx
14-05-04, 16:42
Give 'em anti-stealth. The skilled PE can already take down almost anything around, give 'em the ability to spot stealthers too.

Clyde
04-06-04, 09:50
the anti stealth and anti freeze is just retarded. why should they get armor or a tool to do that when they got pills that already do that :wtf: . I really dont got any ideas for PEs to be theyre own cept maybe duel weilding pistols and rifles and making them 1.5x the requirement to cap, give them some fancy name. Besides I think the PE class has some of its own goodies on the way considering every other class has gotten theyre own stuff (tanks got new rares/melees, psis had theyre new spells, spys got theyre stealth and gliders incoming).

Siygess
04-06-04, 10:09
I voted attributes but only because its the closest to my own opinion on what should happen to PE's. Personally, I think the policy for PE's should be that either:

A) Items with a single class restriction (eg TANK only, SPY only) are also useable by PEs, including PA's, the stealth tool and anything else that comes out in the future, just as long as the PE manages to meet the requirements. Everything else about the PE is left as it is.

- or -

B) The PE class becomes a proper class in it's own right - we get two stats at 100 (probably STR and DEX) and the rest in any combination that adds up to 300. PE's can then grow in the same way as the other three classes through class-only items and things that boost their main stat.

Alienfreak
04-06-04, 11:36
Oh you got an anti stealth pill? Gotta show me that.

And everybody else got the antishock pills,2, so why dont give the PE a little advantage against that?

svenw
04-06-04, 12:58
The PE needs specials on it's own.
Anti - freeze is stupid cause freeze shouldn't be a part of NC.
Anti stealth is useless cause there aren't so many stealthers in fights.

We need higher TL low Tec weapons with DEX and STR Requirements. Or some cool Laser Blade which need DEx and Psi. Something special for the PE.

cRazy2003
04-06-04, 13:40
After KK seems to see PE as an class of its own and no longer as the jack of all trades its time to give the PE some specials that only the PE can have. The PE has atm nothing and everybody who says that a PE is so good because he can wield almost every weapon that guy should try to play his class with 4+ Drugs and he will see, that he can wield many rifles or pistols as an Tank and is better in the overall, just like the PE.

I have listed a few options what to do with the PE:
(plz vote, or give your own opinion)
1. Give him kinda special, like an Anti Stealth tool which only he can use.
2. Make the Drawbacks for Drugs stronge (for all classes!!) and give him some special weapons, that only (or other classes only drugged) he can use. They could use an combination of attributes, like PSI and DEX (for psi rifles) or like STR and DEX or PSI and STR (psi cannons). That would really kick ass, and make him special, just like all the other classes. If you want you can give him own armors, that use PSI and STR as requirement, for example.
3. Add some good low level Rifles, like Gatling, Mutant rifle and so on! The Tank has good non TC melees, why shouldnt the PE have? (Attention!! the poll option 3 should be this one, not the Armor!!!)
4. Rearange his Attributes. How the new ones will look like doesnt matter here its just about new caps and probably even giving him 320 attribute points instead of 300. That would give him a big power boost. As a balancing you could make again the drawbacks of drugs stronger.

5. Anti Freeze Armor. The Armor just takes away 50-80% (has to be done later) of Freeze effect, or even negates them. Probably it should do the same with DMG boosts. This would make the PE independent again, as he should be and woulndt overpower him (probably compatible with solution 1)
(credits to DarkFear for that great idea!!)

Just vote for the idea you like most ... or not :rolleyes:

wtf do you wanto make pe's god? they are able to use good rare weapons, and have a very good psi defense and a very good all round defense, spies, they can use rare weapons, crap psi defense AND worse overall defense even to a apu.

Garg [RogueNET]
04-06-04, 13:41
PEs are good... I play as a PE myself and i dont have any problems..
fighting APUs, Spys and Tanks .. sometimes i die sometimes them... leave it as it is

cRazy2003
04-06-04, 13:44
']PEs are good... I play as a PE myself and i dont have any problems..
fighting APUs, Spys and Tanks .. sometimes i die sometimes them... leave it as it is

edit, to what siygess said, this is what pe's are a medium leveled out class, it gvies them the option to be a good rifler/pistoler or even heavy weapons, great defense with con and psi, and even have a skill like hacking. as far as im concerned they are fine, and if 2 100, 100 skills were added, the pe class may as well be deleted.

Rai Wong
04-06-04, 13:55
I don't see why they can't be the class with jet packs..

Mumblyfish
04-06-04, 14:03
I don't see why they can't be the class with jet packs..
Fuck jetpacks. They don't belong in the game.

PEs are fine.

Rai Wong
04-06-04, 14:10
Fuck jetpacks. They don't belong in the game.

PEs are fine.

No PEs are not fine, not when my HC PE outdamages executioner damage. The damage difference between MC/HC and RC/PC is too ridiculous and in addition MC runs faster, and HC not further behind. Tanks also have better defences if they know how, and don't have to take drugs and constantly rebuff to stay on top of the game, and in addition tanks kick ass in teams and op fights. Without stealth or some sort of toy we have lost our only edge agaisnt the tanks.

Rifle damage is wimpy and ridiculous and range is useless.

PEs are not fine.

Garg [RogueNET]
04-06-04, 14:13
Low Tech PE > Tanks :angel:

Maarten
04-06-04, 14:14
Having STR cap at 80 and DEX at 60 if you want would be cool. :)

Mumblyfish
04-06-04, 14:15
']Low Tech Spy > Tanks :angel:
Fixed! With a vengeance!

svenw
04-06-04, 14:16
Lol, i would like to see what happens when adds a -30% Damage to the S/D buffs of an PPU(not selfcast) to match them with an PE. How much fun the Tanks and APUs would have in OPs fight, MC5 or the lower tunnels. The whining would wake up the man in the moon. :D

Garg [RogueNET]
04-06-04, 14:16
uhmm.......... NO?

Judge
04-06-04, 14:20
']Low Tech PE > Tanks :angel:

Lowtech PE < Melee tanks

Lowtech PE = Heavy Tank

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 14:30
Tanks > PEs

Tank dmg output far exedes PE dmg output, as it should, but the defence/offence ratio of the two classes is not balanced.

Don't gimme anything about runspeed, at high lvl PvP (when balance should be made), a tank does not miss.
A CS at full speed will mince anything.
Think about it, about 65-80 dmg a burst, every 2 seconds, probably faster.
Even a capped judge can't take down a tank in the time for 2-3 clips to be unleashed.

I would like to see heavy dmg lowered (or rifle/pistol dmg increased) and the heavy runspeed loss removed/lowered.

Unfortunatly people do miss, so they try and make that a factor.
PEs are not fast.
If I (possibly the worst dueler ever) can hit another PE with 110 agl/atl, then so can anyone.

All that said, tanks PEs, apus and spies are pretty much balanced, bar a few bugged/overpowered individual weapons.

//edit:
Rai, get your arse in NF. I wanna see this 'more dmg than an exec HCPE'.

Garg [RogueNET]
04-06-04, 14:37
DMG boost on a tank then just fill him with bulletholes from a libby and hes going down FAST.

Mumblyfish
04-06-04, 14:38
']DMG boost on a tank then just fill him with bulletholes from a libby and hes going down FAST.
If the Libby can hit anything, that is :lol:

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 14:39
']DMG boost on a tank
By which time you have casted it, he has put a clip in your face.

Oath
04-06-04, 14:41
']DMG boost on a tank then just fill him with bulletholes from a libby and hes going down FAST.

Not with 200 force/peirce he's not. Libby is one of the hardest weapons to pvp with...well thats not true, the grenade launcher is...libby comes close second.

All the precast damage boost sanctum pe's can go play with the traffic.

Garg [RogueNET]
04-06-04, 14:41
Element of surprise`? sneak up behind a corner or just out of his line of sight and u can cast it.. (custom built DB with slots) that is.. :)

svenw
04-06-04, 14:47
']Element of surprise`? sneak up behind a corner or just out of his line of sight and u can cast it.. (custom built DB with slots) that is.. :)Use a stealth tool to get behind him?http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif

Garg [RogueNET]
04-06-04, 14:48
no stealth tool ..... use the range of the spell and the brain that god gave u lol

Gohei
04-06-04, 14:50
I want the PAs redone.

The +DEX from rifle/pistol PAs should be removed.

A new PA made, this one with a hell lot more +DEX then the old rifle/pistol. But this one only adds DEX and nothing else. And of course PAs of the same kind that gives STR, INT, PSI bonus. By doing this, maybe there would be a larger varety of PEs, and not jusst the pistol and rifle kinds.

Then make new PA types that ONLY gives rifl/pistol/HC/MC, for those who like the lower TL gadgets.

Jusst a rough idea i have.

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 14:54
I want the PAs redone.

The +DEX from rifle/pistol PAs should be removed.
Old idea that several people have had.

I would rather see the exec/slasher/dizzy/HL made tl120+ and the dmg upped a bit.
Atm, spies are too close to being PEs, better to make them the dex-apus they are supposed to be.

RogerRamjet
04-06-04, 14:57
I think they should simply up the damage on the rifles. I can cap RoF and damage and shit on my Pain easer and RoG, but its still a bit weak.

Garg [RogueNET]
04-06-04, 15:14
Why do guns capp at 178% damage and spells at 648% ?

Rai Wong
04-06-04, 16:16
Find me dribble joy. my HC PE is Mirandes, btw I was saying exe PEs not spy PEs.

MarsFreak
09-06-04, 11:29
I voted for the last option, but not because I hate the PE. It's because I've seen other MMORPGs were you have certain special classes, and then one hybrid class, that's a kind of jack of all trades.

Such a class simply isn't meant to be played at high levels. It's a nice class to start out with. You can do everything (all weapons, tradeskills and magic), but it's a class you'll abandon at mid level, when you know the general basics and know what you like and THEN you choose a "real" class. PE at high levels is a redundant idea in itself.

Antlink
16-06-04, 00:30
Give PEs more toys in the VHC area e.g. Armoured Personnel Units look at this post http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101100

Mr_Snow
16-06-04, 00:57
All I can really see wrong with PEs is that rifle PEs are under powered.

Anti-stealth is basically a case of if I cant have it nobody can on the side of PEs.

Anti-shock armour, freezers shouldnt be in the game in the first place so there shouldnt be a need for this.

The duel stat weapons are a decentish idea but a spy would be able to drug up to most of those weapons too so it wouldnt be a PE weapon really.

Rares are meant to be high level weapons and therefore in my opinion shouldnt be under tl90, anyway if a MC PE gets a db on he outdamages a MC tank and takes more damage too.

Every class has 300 levels spread out, it was the way the game was designed and should be left that way unless all classes get an increase in the total amount of levels.

PEs are a strange class, people who use a non-druging bog standard setup are under powered, with the exception of MC PEs, but ones who use exotic drug cocktail setups are overpowered which makes them a much harder class to balance then most.

ZoomZoom
16-06-04, 00:59
pes dont need to be changed i like em as they are good resist cant say there over powered can do alot of things :)

drivering /hc/reping/ppu pe
pistol/hacking/ppu pe
rifle/hacking/ppu pe

:):):):):):):)

Koshinn
16-06-04, 01:29

1-2 bursts, not a clip. Pistol PEs (both low and high) can afford all int in psi use for 40/min on a 120%freq damage boost. That's a 1.5 second cast time (tl3 heal capped is 1.2 second cast time).

How about... no. I'd rather have 5 less con and 5 more psi (60 con, 40 psi).
A 80 str, 60 dex, 65 con PE would be a WORSE tank... tanks get 100 str, 70 dex and 100 con. That'd just be silly to make a class like that.

Judge
16-06-04, 01:39
I voted for the last option, but not because I hate the PE. It's because I've seen other MMORPGs were you have certain special classes, and then one hybrid class, that's a kind of jack of all trades.

Such a class simply isn't meant to be played at high levels. It's a nice class to start out with. You can do everything (all weapons, tradeskills and magic), but it's a class you'll abandon at mid level, when you know the general basics and know what you like and THEN you choose a "real" class. PE at high levels is a redundant idea in itself.

What. The. Fuck.

Uh? Are you actually serious, or failing to be sarcastic?

MegaCorp
16-06-04, 01:50
Siygess' idea is kind of intriguing: the notion that with PEs being the Jack-of-All-Trades, they are able to use any equipment that they have the requisite skills for, even if there is ordinarilly a class or faction restriction on a particular item. Don't know if it would really work out. Undoubtedly it implies the Devs taking a careful look at all restricted items; and maybe fobbing up a reason why certain restricted items are *extra* restricted even against PEs. But it sounds cool, and could give more motivation for why a person might pick a PE over some other class.

Spook @ Pluto

Heretic Shadow
16-06-04, 02:51
i think a way to help pe's become JOAT's is to make them loose 5 dex and 5 con and give them +5 psi and +5 strength. should open some new doors...

Birkoff
16-06-04, 03:02
Leave things the fuck alone for once.. (except melee as its one big bug)

PEs arn't JOAT? Since when ? i dont see n e other char as joat as a PE...
Give a PE 2 100 stas? WTF why be a PE? unless its what u said and then why be n e other class? :)

Gah...

TheGreatMilenko
16-06-04, 03:06
i would like to see everything with different req that only the PE can reach like some armor that req str and intel or some guns with intel/dex req stuff like that

Birkoff
16-06-04, 03:14
i would like to see everything with different req that only the PE can reach like some armor that req str and intel or some guns with intel/dex req stuff like that

Spies could use it if it was dex.int.

High TL pistol/rifles should have int req so PEs can't use them :)