PDA

View Full Version : Weapons damage and synaptic.

Dookie
14-05-04, 07:32
I know that most of you died at least once after you genreped somewhere.
I died hundred million times near gen reps.
So i though, maybe it will be better if % of synaptic would effect weapons damage.

Example
Runner Bob genreping to Battle Dome to fight some WBs.
Runner Bill sitting near Battle Dome GR and waiting for the victim.
Bob spawns in Battle Dome with 20% synaptic, Bill starts to shoot in Bob with Holy Lightning, but WTF, HL makes only 80% of its real damage. So now Bob have enough time to run from Bill/take GR back to plaza1. Bob happy/Bill spamming Trade "OMG BOB YOU SUCK, ZONE WHORE NIB !!111"

So heres the idea:
If synaptic is 20% - then weapon makes only 80% of capped damage
If synaptic is 30% - 70% etc...

I think that it will make GR killing a little harder and fuck a bit life of 3v1l PKKEEERS.

(i hope that my english is read able ^^)

jiga
14-05-04, 08:44
But how will we GR kill for symp? :D

Dookie
14-05-04, 09:26
It will not effect symp-resskilling realy, when you have 50 health even 10% of HL damage will pwn you ^^

yavimaya
14-05-04, 10:55
What you seem to forget is that synaptic goes all the way to 99%
so you would be doing 1%, also the most effective way is to use a noob knife right now, especially as a monk...

Also, the 50 or so health is base, even if i had no points in HLT... so doing 5-10 dmg with a HL would kind of suck.

Dookie
14-05-04, 11:05
Well that procents is just an example, they can be different.

StryfeX
15-05-04, 00:29
I know that most of you died at least once after you genreped somewhere.
I died hundred million times near gen reps.
So i though, maybe it will be better if % of synaptic would effect weapons damage.

Example
Runner Bob genreping to Battle Dome to fight some WBs.
Runner Bill sitting near Battle Dome GR and waiting for the victim.
Bob spawns in Battle Dome with 20% synaptic, Bill starts to shoot in Bob with Holy Lightning, but WTF, HL makes only 80% of its real damage. So now Bob have enough time to run from Bill/take GR back to plaza1. Bob happy/Bill spamming Trade "OMG BOB YOU SUCK, ZONE WHORE NIB !!111"

So heres the idea:
If synaptic is 20% - then weapon makes only 80% of capped damage
If synaptic is 30% - 70% etc...

I think that it will make GR killing a little harder and fuck a bit life of 3v1l PKKEEERS.

(i hope that my english is read able ^^)I like that idea. A lot.

--Stryfe

CincyFire
15-05-04, 01:24
I like the idea, I like it a lot :p

evs
15-05-04, 01:43
its a good idea, as long as any crap exploits get nailed out.

i.e capped tanks can TSG it from GR with max on it tsg, and if they get 40% less damage....... you can do the math quite easily

amfest
15-05-04, 06:46
not bad. sounds alright though I'd rather still have some sphere around the GR that was sorta safe and you had about 5 or so seconds till it wore off and you were attackable. I guess 5 seconds would be ample time to figure out if you're going to stay or not. but i guess that's carebearish >_> at least with your idea it's still dangerous but gives you a chance.

About the lower TL weapon caps well mabye it could make it where you can't pull out any weapons for so many seconds so while you are groggy and can't concentrate from the synap you have from GR'in you won't be able to gun your weapons but you can run or GR out again.

*should of added a poll*