PDA

View Full Version : Underground Rules

athon
14-05-04, 00:19
Simple question. Do you prefer the current rules or the old ones?

Current Rules: Security based access.

Old Rules: UG open to all at all times.

Epsilon 5
14-05-04, 00:30
underground lock is lost after 2nd hack

or/and

5 second timer when you right click on the UG before you actually enter. you can't move.

this is what is needed.

Scikar
14-05-04, 01:03
Old was better, but the new one is the only way to give the owning clan a way to get inside their own OP to defend it. Lose/lose situation atm. GRing into the underground was a good idea at first, but there are too many problems with camping it. Ideally, the UG should be the same zone as the OP to eliminate synch problems, with multiple exits, and security on it like a force field on the entrances like a stun trap which gets deactivated with first or second hack.

athon
14-05-04, 10:19
Old was better, but the new one is the only way to give the owning clan a way to get inside their own OP to defend it. Lose/lose situation atm. GRing into the underground was a good idea at first, but there are too many problems with camping it. Ideally, the UG should be the same zone as the OP to eliminate synch problems, with multiple exits, and security on it like a force field on the entrances like a stun trap which gets deactivated with first or second hack.
Nah. I think the old way was better. Op fights were much simpler. One clan (usually defending, unless they got early intel on the attack) would be outside the op and would have to get in and wipe everyone out. The other clan (usually attacking) would be inside the op (making it generally harder to get reinforcements, where as now defenders have the harder position to get reinforcements from) and would have to stop the others getting in. There was (and will be after next retail patch) no lame use of turrets.

Under the current system rifle spies are basically useless. The most mine does is hack the op, then generally keels over and I'm looking at the sky for the rest of the fight. All the battling is done at close range, where as under the old system there was plenty of use for rifle spies. At most ops you could try and sneak around on the edge of the clippnig plane and snipe people who were on the roof of the hack room. Jeriko is a great op for rifle spies under the old system. The ditches and building on the edge of the clipping plane give good poisitions to snipe from - and to gather intel on number of enemies before we attacked (or rather defended).

*cries for the old days*

Athon Solo

naimex
14-05-04, 10:20
open at all times + ability to choose between gr to ug or gr to gr.

L3m0n
14-05-04, 10:41
keep it as it is!
end of if your attacking an OP you have the advantage end of.
in 90% of OP wars the attackers out number the defenders, true its ******** when people keep zonein in and out but thats life and unless they remove zone lines from the game it will allways happen.

Zaq
14-05-04, 11:28
well it started off with them adding the ability to GR to the underground. which was needed because otherwise the attacking clan just camped the GR. the owning clan should be able to jump to their own OP in safety shouldn't they?

then that didn't quite work because the attacking clan could just enter the UG and kill people as they spawned there.

so then they locked out the UG. I don't see the problem really, it means the owning clan actually has some advantage which they should. Otherwise whats the owning clan gonna do? run from a nearby OP? what if all the nearby OPs are locked out?

Girian
14-05-04, 12:48
I also voted the UG should be inaccessible, for same reasons Zaq stated. However I think it's also a good idea to have separate settings for the GR and UG. If a clan wants to open a GR to all factions they should still be able to close the UG.

Just my 2 cents

athon
14-05-04, 13:05
well it started off with them adding the ability to GR to the underground. which was needed because otherwise the attacking clan just camped the GR. the owning clan should be able to jump to their own OP in safety shouldn't they?

then that didn't quite work because the attacking clan could just enter the UG and kill people as they spawned there.

so then they locked out the UG. I don't see the problem really, it means the owning clan actually has some advantage which they should. Otherwise whats the owning clan gonna do? run from a nearby OP? what if all the nearby OPs are locked out?
In my experiance it rarely happens - there's plenty of public GRs about anyway. And if it does prove to be a problem then perhaps we should consider losing the GR security system and going back to all GRs open.

Looking at the world map as it is now, after they put in the Racetrack GR the following ops will be more than 3 zones from a public GR: Soliko (4), Eastgate (4). Right now there are 7 Op GRs on the map open to me. One of the closed ones is FA, and they would open up for me, so that's 8 GRs I can use.

The current GR situation is fine IMO. I just want op wars to be fun again.

After turrets are back to defensive only items in the next retail patch, any clan that GRs to it's own op is going to be at a disadvantage again - they've got to get out of an underground which is being constantly barrelled. Using this mode of attack only tanks, ppus, apus and pistoliers are of any use. Droners are useless, as are rifle spies (a rifle PE would probably be OK, but I don't play one so can't tell for sure).

When defending clans ran to ops from near-by they would be at an advantage - they could easily get reinforcements from faction and allies. The attackers were holed up in the op, making it harder for them to get useful reinforcements. They can't easily attack the defenders by barreling the underground. The defenders had the upper hand. The argument that the defenders have the upper hand under the current system is, IMO, BS.

Athon Solo

Maester Seymour
14-05-04, 13:30
I prefer the new way of the UG being inaccessible if set like that.

Although i think it'd be cool if the owning clan was able to choose to GR to either their UG or the GR itself without synap, and also able to choose if their UG is open or closed as well as their current GR and turret settings.

Zaq
14-05-04, 14:17
The argument that the defenders have the upper hand under the current system is, IMO, BS.
Athon Solo

Having a safe zone is not an advantage?

What exactly is your point? your rifle spy died at an OP war so OP wars are boring? I've gotta say last night's OP war was a hoot.

running 3 or 4 sectors to get to a fight at your own OP would just suck.

p.s. greetz girian

Parappa
14-05-04, 14:45
What is needed are gates and early warning systems ie. scanners to ops. So that the defending clan can actually get inside the op before the attacker gets in. This way the defending clan can actually DEFEND the op and try to keep the attacker out.

naimex
14-05-04, 14:47
What is needed are gates and early warning systems ie. scanners to ops. So that the defending clan can actually get inside the op before the attacker gets in. This way the defending clan can actually DEFEND the op and try to keep the attacker out.

yes gates and destroyable walls

Original monk
14-05-04, 15:55
Simple question. Do you prefer the current rules or the old ones?

Current Rules: Security based access.

Old Rules: UG open to all at all times.

i cant genrep anywhere anyway so i dont care :)

thats for about a year now ... and it fucks up alot of my leveling and huntingsessions ... walking 8 zones everytime aint particulary fun .. and adventurewarp isnt an option ...

the few neutral genreps suck also and are heavily camped by genrepkillernibs

yipie

shit genreprules ... useless timesinks and they kill youre nice huntingexperience

genreprules is the only thing i hate about this game, really hate yes

and my opinion is that it poisons the gameplay cause its indirectly correlated with about everything you do ... clans close em anyway ...

and unlike 50% of other people i dont change my faction everytime someone else is in "control" of the genreps ...

this is no bashing on genreprules ... this is spitting on em and steppin over em

Promethius
14-05-04, 15:59
5 second timer when you right click on the UG before you actually enter. you can't move.

this is what is needed.

That is a great idea. It would stop the constant UG zoning wars at OPs, Though I would prefer 3 seconds. 5 is a bit much.

-Prom

athon
14-05-04, 17:30
Having a safe zone is not an advantage?

What exactly is your point? your rifle spy died at an OP war so OP wars are boring? I've gotta say last night's OP war was a hoot.

running 3 or 4 sectors to get to a fight at your own OP would just suck.

p.s. greetz girian
No. Not because my spy died. But because he's useless (except for his ability to hack). Rifle spies in particular are not designed for close range combat.

And personally I found trying to kill the enemy as they zoned in and out of the underground (who were actually the attackers, NOT the defenders, only because they'd hacked the op by the time we got in did they have the underground - which is another disadvantage of the current system - the attackers often get the op (and thus the UG) before the defenders arrive - which is why hack times need extending) zone in and out of the underground, and even if we managed to kill one they repped straight back to the udnerground with no SI and got poked and buffed up - ready to fight again within a minute.

Athon Solo

Heavyporker
14-05-04, 17:38
I believe the clan should be albe to choose whenther or not ppl can go into the UG... I mean, thats where the NICE stuff is, all that RP stuff and the bed and medicare guy.