PDA

View Full Version : DoT vs Armour

Omnituens
13-05-04, 23:57
OK this is REALLY doing my head in.

Why does DoT posion absolutly destroy armour? it getting on my fucking nervers now! only armour that should take dmg from it are Viper King and posion belts.

Please please please, for the love of the spam of "Armour damaged" messege in my chat box

FIX IT

Epsilon 5
14-05-04, 00:35
it's based on shots, not damage. poison hurt often for a long time, multiplied by stacks.

at least i think so.

SilentEye
14-05-04, 00:48
Since when does Armor get affected by toxic waiste going trough oxygen?

He's right, armor should only be dmg'd on projectile impact.

Silent

Scikar
14-05-04, 01:14
Seems to be related to the resistances of the armor. Fight WBs wearing a PvP fire/energy armor mix, and you find all your inq armor is broken afterwards.

StryfeX
14-05-04, 01:34
Yeah, it seems that armor is resistant to degredation from the type of damage it blocks most, but other types that it doesn't block really tear it up.

--Stryfe

DonnyJepp
14-05-04, 03:14

Why does DoT posion absolutly destroy armour? it getting on my fucking nervers now! only armour that should take dmg from it are Viper King and posion belts.

Please please please, for the love of the spam of "Armour damaged" messege in my chat box

FIX IT

Why wear anything but poison armor in those caves anyway? You're just breaking the stuff.

SorkZmok
14-05-04, 03:36
Why wear anything but poison armor in those caves anyway? You're just breaking the stuff.
PA for the dex and r-c bonus. Also those bats can bite and thats not poison its force/pierce i think and it really hurts without armor.

Drexel
14-05-04, 05:21
Not to mention proctection from the 1337 PKerzzz who kill you when your down to 10% health after a Leiutenant encounter.

Omnituens
14-05-04, 12:41
Not to mention proctection from the 1337 PKerzzz who kill you when your down to 10% health after a Leiutenant encounter.
we are talking DoT poison, not insta-hit poison.

the bat biting is true, those Kri bats hurts LOADS

steweygrrr
14-05-04, 17:50
It could be acidic acid spit?

There an RP answer

retr0n
14-05-04, 18:34

FIX IT

a very very good and valid point, although buying / repairing my armor is not
the end of the world for me so i'd rather see some other stuff fixed instead

sorry, not intended as a flame

Omnituens
14-05-04, 19:35
only thing im pissed about is my PA getting ruined every time i get poisoned.