PDA

View Full Version : Umm, is Salvage Broken?

Crucificio
13-05-04, 21:56
Using the Salvage recipes located at: http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/salvaging.asp

When I put the Salvage device and the item listed in the processor, it goes through the process, the item disappears, but I do not get back anything, especially not the items listed in the recipe table in the website above.

Is Salvage broken, or am I doing something wrong?

J. Folsom
13-05-04, 21:59
Confusing as it is, you're supposed to use the recycling tool for those.

The recycling tool is used to combine items from other items.
The salvage tool is used to try and turn back an item into it's base components.

rob444
13-05-04, 22:16
In other words if you try to salvage a pistol and got enough recycle skill you can get weapon parts back :)

Crucificio
13-05-04, 23:24
Ok....tried using using the Salvage recipes located at: http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/salvaging.asp this time with a recycling tool instead of a salvaging tool.

According to this table, Synthetic Milk should give back a Meritium and a Metal D as the "outcome" (the word the author used).

Put a synthetic milk in the processor with a recycling tool, hit start....got a message saying "You need more junk parts to recyle this item."

Tried the same thing with a salvaging tool, didn't even get a message.

What am I doing wrong?

J. Folsom
13-05-04, 23:31
Oh sorry, I should've checked the link beforehand >.>

Anyway, you need really high recycle skill (in the 100's), to be able to salvage with any kind of succes.

Omnituens
13-05-04, 23:31
you need a salvage tool for that kind of work, as it think you are trying to clone ammo atm.

rob444
13-05-04, 23:57
Salvage tool breaks items to chemicals/weaponparts.
Recycle tool combine chemicals/junk to a higher TL junk.

I had a recycler once, I think I had 50 in recycle and that was enough to get one chem out of the milk. You might even need 75+ to get something out of it.

brackk
13-05-04, 23:59
Like many of the other tradeskills recycle is dependant on dex and (or) int. As a newbie spy with 40 in recycle i used to get nothing from a large hydralic part. With around 85 in int and dex my spy now salvages a full processor of chems with the same 40 in recycle.

edit changed the word recycle to salvage to avoid confussion on the tool.

rob444
14-05-04, 00:01
Yeah thats true, dex is involved, I think I had 75 dex and 50 in recycle and I got decent chemicals out of wb loot.

Crucificio
14-05-04, 00:27
Ah ok that clears it up then. The milk is only Tech Level 1 I think, so I didn't think I would need such a high skill level to get the chemicals out of it. =(

CRAIG DIGGERS
14-05-04, 00:28
Using the Salvage recipes located at: http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/guides/salvaging.asp

When I put the Salvage device and the item listed in the processor, it goes through the process, the item disappears, but I do not get back anything, especially not the items listed in the recipe table in the website above.

Is Salvage broken, or am I doing something wrong?
As first you need a high skill in recycle.
Then you need a salvagetool that's higher or equal to the TL of the item you salvage.
Example :
We used about recycleskill 157 with implants/gloves to salvage a Pain easer.
Thats TL 91.
We get weaponpart 1 3 5 and the full window of chemicals.
The Stuff you get depends on the TL of the item and your recycling skill.
Important:
Maybe you used no salvage cathalytic fluid ? ;)
If you use no fluid your item breaks and disapears as i remember. :p

Wich stuff is usefull to salvage ? Well all high TL stuff is usefull and brings you tons of chemicals, but don't go for armors, i dont see anyone build armors from armorparts.
Take weaponmodpart 10 +
Vehiclecomponent 8 or 9
Medical part 10 ( in dont know the exactly name)