PDA

View Full Version : Faction Specific Teamspeaks

PenguinNick
13-05-04, 21:11
If someone (I was thinking of doing it) hosted faction specific teamspeaks (1 for CA, one for DRE, etc) and had channels in there for clans, general channels, secure op war channels, etc, and had appointed moderators from that faction, do you think people would use it?

If so which faction should I put up next? (This is on Saturn)

I think that a Faction Teamspeak would sort of make the game a little more fun, but that's just me.

slaughteruall
13-05-04, 21:15
TT on Saturn had one for sometime. Had alot of clans on it. But due to the owner of the server leaving the game we lost it.

people do use it. It's a great way to get your faction together for fights or even small NF training.

I i were you i would tell the Clan leaders just them and there higher ups for awhile. So you can test server stability and what not. nothing like having 50 or more ppl on a TS server and it going down. Alot of people get pissed of about things like that.

Slaughter

PenguinNick
13-05-04, 21:18
well we've been testing it with crahn and the server has not gone down once and we've kept it up so, if anyones interested in helping me by being a server admin for a faction send me an e-mail: DJPenguin@sinradio.net

MrBiggles
14-05-04, 00:09
are you saying you'd host ALL the clans, and you're looking for faction channel admins, or are you saying you're looking for more "server admins" i.e. people with servers who will host a TS server for a faction?

If you're just looking for channel admins, what are you looking for them to do, i.e. what kind of moderation?

Maarten
14-05-04, 00:30
If everyone is going to use teamspeak, something NEEDS to be done about the corpse-spying issue...

PenguinNick
14-05-04, 03:26
I am looking for server admins, they will be in charge of keeping people off the server who break the rules, editing and creating channels for people, messing with the codecs, etc.

ezza
14-05-04, 14:18
crahn on saturn have one setup, however my clan have there own personal server which we use

BunkerBoy
14-05-04, 18:31
NExT on Saturn has one setup.

Morganth
14-05-04, 18:49
crahn on saturn have one setup, however my clan have there own personal server which we use

Yup, hosted by PenguinNick :p

Its good to have the entire faction for certain "events", but its cool that each clan has their own channel/server. Maybe they should be passworded?