PDA

View Full Version : Para

-=BlackBeard=-
13-05-04, 12:04
i know plenty of threads have been made i just want to no what do people actually want........ you see remove para sigs, reducde para sigs and save para sigs which one do u think should be worn?

ezza
13-05-04, 12:13
i think a new one saying "get a ppu with cath sanctum up" is a good one.

oh and this will proberbly get closed since its about sigs

Mr_Snow
13-05-04, 12:16

2 things wrong with that 1. Cath sanc is too buggy to be really used, 2.It means that there should be more ppus then there are now and people would be even more reliant on them and I doubt many people want that.

-=BlackBeard=-
13-05-04, 12:19

well i dont think u shud rely on a ppu constantly up ure ass

ezza
13-05-04, 12:21
everyone has a PPU as it is anyway and i was taking the piss :rolleyes:

nobby
13-05-04, 12:22
god for christ sake!
ppu's are supposed to help people right?
so the para helps people by slowing down their enemies right?
just shut up !

-=BlackBeard=-
13-05-04, 12:23
dude para doesnt just "help" the person whos atacking u it wins the fight for them para shud either be reduced or removed

ezza
13-05-04, 12:24
god for christ sake!
ppu's are supposed to help people right?
so the para helps people by slowing down their enemies right?
just shut up !
remove helping with making the fight boring

nobby
13-05-04, 12:25
its just so the ppu's can defend them selfs a bit better, anoy others.....ppu's are the win!

Mr_Snow
13-05-04, 12:27
PPUs are meant to be passive monks there is NOTHING passive about parashock.

nobby
13-05-04, 12:28
[ edited ]

Mr_Snow
13-05-04, 12:30
Heh Im not the one that needs a ppu to parashock and damage boost to kill somebody, Im the one that likes balance and lack of lameness in the game.

ezza
13-05-04, 12:31
hmm Mr_Snow tells the truth, para is an attack, so there fore cannot be a passive spell

L3m0n
13-05-04, 12:48
"looks at poll" emm thought this was about para not PPUs?
i think the game would suck with out it, keep it but maybe make it a little less....

Maester Seymour
13-05-04, 13:00
I'd say either reduce it a hell of a lot or get rid of it completely. Its got its uses against mobs n stuff i guess but when used in pvp its just too powerful as it is now. - Thats coming from a PPU too.
Thats imo anyway...

CRAIG DIGGERS
13-05-04, 13:04

But they make you passive, whats a passiv thing :p

*Vote the 3rd* :lol:

Mr_Snow
13-05-04, 13:20
But they make you passive, whats a passiv thing :p

Getting hit with a HL or CS too much makes you passive too but a PPU cant use them.

slaughteruall
13-05-04, 13:32
For the love of god. Stop crying and buy some drugs. Money sinks are good for games.

Slaughter

Mr_Snow
13-05-04, 14:00
DO I have to brand DRUGS DON'T WORK!!! on people forehead before it gets through to them.

Lafiel
13-05-04, 14:06
www.stopwhine.com

YOU ALL JUST WANT THINGS HANDED TO YOU DONT YOU..... WELL.... I SAY AGAIN... GET SOME SKILL OR VISIT MY FAVORITE SITE

www.stopwhine.com

and how is holy cath sanct bugged? i havent noticed anything..

oh and you people do now that by removing para you make ppus INVULNERABLE even more.... than youll be whining more about ppus ffs....

slaughteruall
13-05-04, 14:12
DO I have to brand DRUGS DON'T WORK!!! on people forehead before it gets through to them.

Drugs work just fine. I use them on all my chars (expect my PPU).

Slaughter

Mr_Snow
13-05-04, 14:41
GET SOME SKILL OR VISIT MY FAVORITE SITE

and how is holy cath sanct bugged? i havent noticed anything..

oh and you people do now that by removing para you make ppus INVULNERABLE even more.... than youll be whining more about ppus ffs....

Para removes the need to have any skills in pvp but obviously you need it to look like you have skill.

Cath sanc like all other rare sanctums take longer then they should to work on the ppu some of the time and simply refuse to work on others around at other times and if you havent noticed open you eyes.

www.stopwhine.com has been down since Fang left so dont bother posting urls for FLUXs website since it doesnt work anymore and try come up with a catchphrase of you own and dont steal others.

I have no problem with PPUs being invunerable I can deal with that its making others invunerable and making other unable to fight that I refuse to deal with.

@Slaughter drugs wont be fine until they stack in belts and stop giving drugflash until then they are just plain shit.

SjanTeN^
13-05-04, 14:51
I dont like parashock, its to über, but i voted reduce it, cos its good for a monk to have one, and it does help quite a lot, but the point is that its overpowered, you cant do anything to escape it when your paraglued :-)

Cruzbroker
13-05-04, 14:55
Remove The Effect On Mouse!

Dribble Joy
13-05-04, 14:58
Drugs, even if they stacked and caused no flash, will not stop you being para-spammed.

Whether it makes PPUs less killable is irrelevant, para destroys skill based PvP.
I don't know why I bother banging on about it, I just called a whiner, as if it's not cool to want to balance the game and/or to complain about something I feel is unjust.

Just get rid of it, and/or make it PvM only.
(there is the STA draining idea, but the above is preferable)

Cruzbroker
13-05-04, 15:02
Also I would like something like 20 seconds immunity on drugs.. That way you don't have to do anything to para.. The anti paralyze spell would be the same (a ppu would need to use the drug to get the 20s)...

-=BlackBeard=-
13-05-04, 15:04
Drugs, even if they stacked and caused no flash, will not stop you being para-spammed.

Whether it makes PPUs less killable is irrelevant, para destroys skill based PvP.
I don't know why I bother banging on about it, I just called a whiner, as if it's not cool to want to balance the game and/or to complain about something I feel is unjust.

(there is the STA draining idea, but the above is preferable)

cudnt agree more matey

or maybe remove para and give a ppu monk something cool like 10 second stealth? but wen they go to it it strips them totally of buffs :D

Lafiel
13-05-04, 15:06
Para removes the need to have any skills in pvp but obviously you need it to look like you have skill.

Yes but if your skillfull enough to take a antidote right before u get hit with para ittl be gone by the time it hits.. i think it would be too hard to complete a fight without para... and too many people would be able to flee too easily.. plus with all the lag in this game para does help with lowering that.. i need it to look like i have skill? im a ppu... how does using para make me look skillfull?

Cath sanc like all other rare sanctums take longer then they should to work on the ppu some of the time and simply refuse to work on others around at other times and if you havent noticed open you eyes.
okay, i havent noticed much of a problem with it guess i dont really care enough to notice.. cath sanct is newb anyway so :o :p

www.stopwhine.com has been down since Fang left so dont bother posting urls for FLUXs website since it doesnt work anymore and try come up with a catchphrase of you own and dont steal others.
lol do i care that the site is down? and... come up wit a catchphrase of my own and dont steel others? lol stopwhine.com is funny because of its history.. sorry i dont have all day to make up my own O_o

I have no problem with PPUs being invunerable I can deal with that its making others invunerable and making other unable to fight that I refuse to deal with.
lol you dont want to see others invulnerable? yet you wanna remove para? :lol: .... imagine this... 1 ppu and 1 tank vs 10 ppl at a op fight.... ppu keeps a heal on the tank he takes down one man and is on low health throw a heal and he runs around pillars until full health meanwile everyones chasing him n cant hit him due to you know why with the server positioning problem... and rince and repeat (im really tired sorry if that last paragraph wasnt really thought through)

@Slaughter drugs wont be fine until they stack in belts and stop giving drugflash until then they are just plain shit.

true they should stack in belts but if you do that than you cannot take away drugflash because people would be popping those pills non stop which wouldbe the same thing as just removing para alltogether imo

edit: and if they do remove para i will only not care if they give ppus something else to do that related directly to the enemy... i mean being a ppu is allready boring and stressfull enough

Mr_Snow
13-05-04, 15:15
Yes but if your skillfull enough to take a antidote right before u get hit with para ittl be gone by the time it hits.. i think it would be too hard to complete a fight without para... and too many people would be able to flee too easily.. plus with all the lag in this game para does help with lowering that.. i need it to look like i have skill? im a ppu... how does using para make me look skillfull?

I take it you mean anti-shock not antidote, and howe can you tell when a para is going to hit you when you have opwars with 10 or more ppus shocking everything all the time?It make you and you friends look skillful because you can kill people by parashocking them that would run rings around you otherwise.

okay, i havent noticed much of a problem with it guess i dont really care enough to notice.. cath sanct is newb anyway so :o :p

If its a newb spell dont use it as an arguement in why to keep parashock, because if its not used its not a factor.

lol do i care that the site is down? and... come up wit a catchphrase of my own and dont steel others? lol stopwhine.com is funny because of its history.. sorry i dont have all day to make up my own O_o

Since you are not and were not in FLUX you dont know the history so be quiet

lol you dont want to see others invulnerable? yet you wanna remove para? :lol: .... imagine this... 1 ppu and 1 tank vs 10 ppl at a op fight.... ppu keeps a heal on the tank he takes down one man and is on low health throw a heal and he runs around pillars until full health meanwile everyones chasing him n cant hit him due to you know why with the server positioning problem... and rince and repeat (im really tired sorry if that last paragraph wasnt really thought through)

Well if 1 tank and ppu can kill 10 people at an op fight they are obviously better then the 10 people so the people with more skills obviously won, if you can use your characters to their full potentiel Im all for it but para just turns people into turrets with ppus to heal them

true they should stack in belts but if you do that than you cannot take away drugflash because people would be popping those pills non stop which wouldbe the same thing as just removing para alltogether imo

No it wouldnt because people will still have short periods of slowness to be exploited and will have to stop to restack belts even if they do stack

-=BlackBeard=-
13-05-04, 15:16
pwned :lol:

Strych9
13-05-04, 15:24
(there is the STA draining idea, but the above is preferable)Yeah, I came up with 2 ideas for handling para- leaving it in game but stopping it from ruining PvP:

First there is the formula that incorporates Agility and Athletics to allow it to counter Para, which would mean that if you wanted to seriously para someone it would have to be with a high TL para, and you could counter it with seriously high agi + ath. Found here:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=93640

Second is the stamina drain idea:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=87617

If you read the threads, both were well received, esp the stamina drain one.

It is possible to keep para in game. I think para should be useful (should NEVER have the effects on the mouse though) BUT being useful with para should require the dedication of a monk. Stopping someone from leaving a fight shouldnt be an afterthought.

Maester Seymour
13-05-04, 15:33
I agree dude, making it PvM only would be better all around i reckon.

Clownst0pper
13-05-04, 15:34
TBH i never leave home without anti shocks,

If u carry anti shocks, Parashock causes no problem

If u dont carry anti shocks, Well, ur basically doomed

"OMG ANTI SHOCK ME U SHITE PPU!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111"

Lafiel
13-05-04, 16:31
I take it you mean anti-shock not antidote, and howe can you tell when a para is going to hit you when you have opwars with 10 or more ppus shocking everything all the time?It make you and you friends look skillful because you can kill people by parashocking them that would run rings around you otherwise.
oops yea i toldu im realy tired i meant anti-shock my bad :lol: .... and your right it is semi-impossible to use that method at op wars it will be hard.. make me and my friends look skill-full?? lol yea right like we the only ones who use it huh

If its a newb spell dont use it as an arguement in why to keep parashock, because if its not used its not a factor.
i never used it as an argment to keep parashock...

Since you are not and were not in FLUX you dont know the history so be quiet
oh sorry mr flux... how the hell do you know i havent been in flux and/or dont know the history? this forum name is not my in game name.. nevertheless is makes no difference if i was in or not im good friends with them... i shouldnt even be trying to defend myself because you should just mind your own business on this matter...

Well if 1 tank and ppu can kill 10 people at an op fight they are obviously better then the 10 people so the people with more skills obviously won, if you can use your characters to their full potentiel Im all for it but para just turns people into turrets with ppus to heal them

that is not my point... my point is that that 1 tank SHOULD be dead(not counting skill as a factor) but because of the server instability/shitty positioning system it would be bad for the game to remove para... just reduce it more and maybe put a timer on it to lower the frequency without lowering how long it takes to cast.

CRAIG DIGGERS
13-05-04, 18:53
Getting hit with a HL or CS too much makes you passive too but a PPU cant use them.

Hm anyway, parashock will always stay in game.
Simple reason : it was the first and only rare for the ppu monk for a very very long time.
Noone want to delete the first pvp rare of a char type. Its like you remove the holy lightning, the cs, the pain easer and the liberator, the main weapons of pvp chars in the begin of NEOCRON
What was a tank without a cursed soul ?
What was a apu without a holy lightning ?
What was a spy without a pain easer ?
What was a pe without a liberator ?
What was a ppu without a parashock ?
NOTHING.
Every char worked on their lvling to the final day, to take them first rare in the own hand.
Remember your first coursed soul ? I am sure a tank player NEVER forget this day.
If you remove the parashock, remove all these weapons aswell .

I am sure we don't need more threads about this theme, shadowdancer/arcadius alone made about 10 or more of this and nothing happens.

Greets MiS

/edit There is one point about monks : Monks should have to aim, thats by far the bigger but another problem :p

Biznatchy
13-05-04, 19:09
Hm anyway, parashock will always stay in game.
Simple reason : it was the first and only rare for the ppu monk for a very very long time.
Noone want to delete the first pvp rare of a char type. Its like you remove the holy lightning, the cs, the pain easer and the liberator, the main weapons of pvp chars in the begin of NEOCRON
What was a tank without a cursed soul ?
What was a apu without a holy lightning ?
What was a spy without a pain easer ?
What was a pe without a liberator ?
What was a ppu without a parashock ?
NOTHING.
Every char worked on their lvling to the final day, to take them first rare in the own hand.
Remember your first coursed soul ? I am sure a tank player NEVER forget this day.
If you remove the parashock, remove all these weapons aswell .

I am sure we don't need more threads about this theme, shadowdancer/arcadius alone made about 10 or more of this and nothing happens.

Greets MiS

/edit There is one point about monks : Monks should have to aim, thats by far the bigger but another problem :p

Please god take my CS, take my HL, take my judge and pe, if that is what it takes to get rid of parashock. Ill come to op fights with a tpc on my tank and a smg on my pe. I would rather fight an opwar with a combat knife then be paraspamed.

HatchetRyda
13-05-04, 19:11
Well, I killed 2 tanks, then got a PE down to nothing he ran off and got a APU to come kill me. Para should be removed.. It is a real pain in the arse.. But, what happens if they do remove it.. Someone else will find something else to complain about..

:o :o

slaughteruall
13-05-04, 19:14

What ever it's not my fault if you die becuase your to stupid to carry anti drugs. Stamina boosters/ PSi boosters dont stack in belts either. Should they yes. Do they currently no. Either make room in your belt or live with it man. If boosters stacked my APU would be happy as hell. So would my tank if drugs stacked. But does that stop my tank from carring drugs. Nope.

Slaughter

Original monk
13-05-04, 19:20
blackbeard ya must be kidding me not again one of those :/

COMMON

zzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

BAH :mad:

how long can you keep discussing one and the same thing ?

do you guys have the same attitude irl ? thats impossible

thats longer then 1,5 year now 8|

daamn

CRAIG DIGGERS
13-05-04, 19:23
Ill come to op fights with a tpc on my tank and a smg on my pe..
Yes and i see the next threads :
Nerf the shelter and defl. rofl :lol:

Shadow Dancer
13-05-04, 19:25
Please god take my CS, take my HL, take my judge and pe, if that is what it takes to get rid of parashock.

Yup, I feel the same way. And I'm dead serious too.

I'd go as far as to say remove ppus, and take apus with you. Yes my favorite class that I love so much and like 50x better than any other class, remove them too if that's what it takes for ppus to go as well.

But that won't happen. :(

Anyways either remove para, or change para to be more defensive. More "passive". Parashock right now doesn't fit the role of a "passive" spell. And why doesn't it? Should tanks get rifles and apus get shelters? No? Ok then, ppus shouldn't have para in it's current form.

It should be an aura that drains psi energy constantly while in use, and it parashocks anyone who is shoots/strikes the ppu. Now THAT is 20x better. First of all it's truly defensive. Second of all, it can't be abused in combat. Because psi energy is always being drained so it would be dangerous for the ppu to stick around. Get it? "stick" around? :p A spell like this, would truly be used as an escape or protection spell, instead of "oh that guy is too fast for my mate, let me parashock him" spell. Oh and reducing it is not really gonna help. Even normal parashock halo slows someone down too much. When someone is parashock haloed, I can still hit them every hit. People think that if something glues you to the spot, reducing it will help, no it won't. It will still be the same problem. So let's fix that instead of putting forth solutions that sugar-coat the real problem.

And if ppus want another rare, give them teleport-without-si rare. :p

Biznatchy
13-05-04, 19:32
Yes and i see the next threads :
Nerf the shelter and defl. rofl :lol:

your a bit behind on current events there pal. Some have already been on the nerf shelter and def bandwagon. Im happen to not be one of them. I like ppu's being usefull I just hate parashock.

Scikar
13-05-04, 23:23
What ever it's not my fault if you die becuase your to stupid to carry anti drugs. Stamina boosters/ PSi boosters dont stack in belts either. Should they yes. Do they currently no. Either make room in your belt or live with it man. If boosters stacked my APU would be happy as hell. So would my tank if drugs stacked. But does that stop my tank from carring drugs. Nope.

Slaughter

How about a drugflash every second pop of a psi booster? Bet you'd love that?

Antishock would be fine if there was no drugflash. But after 3 shocks, the PPU doesn't have to do anything any more since you can't run straight and you can't keep a lock on someone since you're randomly running forwards and backwards.

Take the drugflash out and I could probably live with it (just).

And fix the RoF on para halo of course.

Lexxuk
13-05-04, 23:43
oh, keepin it on topic, make your own ORIGINAL sig line instead of joining the bandwaggon.

Scikar
14-05-04, 00:01
If it makes you feel better...

Maybe I'll spend more than 10 seconds on it and do it properly tomorrow. :p

Chase.Devine
14-05-04, 00:10

passive != defensive

Heal is passive.
Shelter is passive.
Truesight is passive.
Para is passive.
Its passive. :o

[x]STOP WHINZOR, SAVE PARA
[x]Remove drugflash from antistundrugs