PDA

View Full Version : my opinion

cRazy2003
13-05-04, 02:55
lo all,
i asume one of the mods will edit or close the thread, but i hope and wonder of they would let a full-time neocron player to give his opinion.
i also thought id share my opinion with the other many neocron players, regardless of weather you wanto hear it or not, if you dont, dont read it.
from my point of view the connection between KK and the playerbase is completely corrupted, its gotten to close that its fucked up the majority of the game.
KK listens to the players who speak out, but for the players who dont and who just wanto play i dont think they appreciate such changes. kk have been listening to players to much and they have forgotten that its there game and there decisions on how the game is run, they have given players to much of a chance to warp the gameplay and it completely unbalences the game and gameplay between certain criterias of players. listening to the playerbase is good for a game, but its been done in all the wrong ways, players have been given complete access in demanding to change the entire gameplay, characters, the game itself, and much more, but in the most essential part of communicating to the player base, such as answering questions, keeping informed, DEALING WITH PERSONAL PLAYER ENQUIRIES, they have almost completely ignored it.

because of the small overall population who play neocron compared to other mmorpg's, its getting treated like the players change and play the game to there own liking. we get NO infomation on fatals for example, for fuck sake they code the game, HOW ON EARTH cant they sort out and give us a proper reason on why it happens, i mean theres some VERY smart people in the neocron community, i know a few professional programmers who play myself, they could even help you with such problems, but you dont even consider it, like i say, communicating with the playerbase in entirly the wrong way. and gms and mods to, they all act soo cool, never saying anything, purposly not chatting just so they can have there gm status and persona, and then when they say something which isnt even funny, all the gm and mod fanbois go in complete hysterics.

i mean som mmorpgs have things so simple and smooth, patches every week, gm's in-game to contact, and look at neocron, patch every few months which fixes some problems, and creates others (wtf o_O ), can never find a gm in-game to help, and if you do its always email helpdesk, the forums have strange rules (such as closing leaving threads o_O ) its gotten to the point where you cant even speak your own opinion without it being edited to the maximum possible or closed. just an example, i was in the neocron irc channel, i was argueing with some other guy, i expect it was getting annoying, i apologise for that, and i got perma banned, from a OP who is the FRIEND of one of the ops in the channel and who only recently started playing, i know this is a pritty poor excuse and i dont even think its an offcial channel made by KK, but i asume some of you can get my drift.

i dont know what kk are thinking or doing, but from where i am atm its corrupted a lot. no events, no exiting things to do, they have left neocron to concentrate on things like bdoy, which hasnt been out for about 2 years now. kk have really lacked authority on players, they have let so many things take advantage, there in-game rules are, shall we say, different, if you catch my drift, and the forum mod rules are well, i wont even bother commenting, im sure your all thinking the same.

and once more IM PAYING 6 POUNDS FOR IT, WHY should i pay 6 pounds for a 1.2gig game, poor services and general stress and annoyance whenever i play it? its like saying "HEY YOU, if i give you 6 pounds will you put a 1.2gig piece of software on my computer which constantly makes me stressed whenever i use it?" at the moment im debating weather to stay with neocron, i only really stay now because of my friends. other then that the newbie experience is absolutly appalling, the gameplay is good in some parts, same with graphics, but it lacks quantity, features, and general is THEE most worst structured game ive ever played.

truthfully i get more exitement out of playing pong for 3 hours instead of spending 3 hours getting annoyed by bugs, and walking around and up and down grav lifts on a server with about 50 people, 30% of which are afk anyways. its not right, and not normal, i hope for kk's sake that bdoy helps but im informing you from a personal players point of view how the situation is for me, i hope you can relate to my opinion like a good game should, and if you do, it proves your still open to hearing peoples opinions. because frankly i think, and hope kk pick up there attitude and relations, and start working harder on the more important things.

DonnyJepp
13-05-04, 02:59
pretty well said

And with IRC you get what you pay for, it's fanboi central tbh.

Shadow Dancer
13-05-04, 03:09
Well I don't really agree with you crazy. But there is something I wanted to address real quick. About the editing of "opinions", I couldn't disagree more. The only opinions I see edited are the ones coated with Flame Sauce and a pint of Troll's blood. Their are many opinions put forth by people everyday that don't get edited.

I do agree with you about the irc channel. But that's not an official KK channel IIRC. I once got banned by the OP because he didn't like one of my opinions on the forum. :rolleyes:

cRazy2003
13-05-04, 03:13
Well I don't really agree with you crazy. But there is something I wanted to address real quick. About the editing of "opinions", I couldn't disagree more. The only opinions I see edited are the ones coated with Flame Sauce and a pint of Troll's blood. Their are many opinions put forth by people everyday that don't get edited.

I do agree with you about the irc channel. But that's not an official KK channel IIRC. I once got banned by the OP because he didn't like one of my opinions on the forum. :rolleyes:

for starters flaming and trolling are just fancy words for destructive critizism, whats the point in completely changing my opinion and not forwarding my opinions correctly just to avoid 'flaming' and 'trolling'

Marx
13-05-04, 03:17
for starters flaming and trolling are just fancy words for destructive critizism, whats the point in completely changing my opinion and not forwarding my opinions correctly just to avoid 'flaming' and 'trolling'The people who get banned for the most part act childish.

I've disagreed a hell of a lot in the past - voiced my criticism... Why aren't I banned? The people who go and pull a "fuk u kk, loser bitches", get banned. I'm happier in the end because they're generally also the people who shit up threads and vote no on good ideas just because they're spiteful assholes.

:p

cRazy2003
13-05-04, 03:22
The people who get banned for the most part act childish.

I've disagreed a hell of a lot in the past - voiced my criticism... Why aren't I banned? The people who go and pull a "fuk u kk, loser bitches", get banned. I'm happier in the end because they're generally also the people who shit up threads and vote no on good ideas just because they're spiteful assholes.

:p

relating to me :o
:p <3
i was voicing my critizism with a little anger i must admit but its the only way to fully voice my opinion, its pointless cloaking some of my opinion just to avoid it being deemed as trolling or flaming, if kk wanto hear player feedback heres mine completely open.

jernau
13-05-04, 03:36
Which #Neocron op is new to the game?

cRazy2003
13-05-04, 04:02
Which #Neocron op is new to the game?
well not knew but has no physical relation to KK in anyway and is just an OP because he is a friend of another one

Shadow Dancer
13-05-04, 06:40
for starters flaming and trolling are just fancy words for destructive critizism, whats the point in completely changing my opinion and not forwarding my opinions correctly just to avoid 'flaming' and 'trolling'

O_o

If you can't voice your opinion without flaming or trolling, then that's a problem within yourself not with the forum.

I'm talking about the people who say "WHY THE *#$&)#$*&# DOESN'T KK #$(*&#)*&$* DO SOMETHING. YOU MOTHER #*$&)#*$)&#, I"M A CUSTOMER SO YOU #$*#*$)&"

Then there are the ones who flame other people, flaming has nothing to do with the opinion.

"I disagree I think parashock does have a place in the game. It adds a tactical element, and it's also useful in taking down ppus"

"you fucking moron, stop whining about parashock"

Which statement is more useful? :rolleyes:

Dajuda
13-05-04, 06:51
The only opinions I see edited are the ones coated with Flame Sauce and a pint of Troll's blood. Their are many opinions put forth by people everyday that don't get edited.

I've seen many valid posts/arguments that have been edited and/or the user been banned. As long as your opinion is in favor of kk then you're fine.

Shadow Dancer
13-05-04, 06:53
I've seen many valid posts/arguments that have been edited and/or the user been banned.

What was the reason for the edit? I mean there's always some reason left by the mod, you know right beneath the person's sig.

Can you give me any examples? That you remember correctly. I'd love to hear them.

Because honestly I've seen many anti-kk opinions un-edited.

Blazer12
13-05-04, 07:31
Well why doesn;t somebody test this theory. Post two threads both of them bashing KK for a reason or another, but in on thread keep it subtle yet have ur opinion heard. In the second go full out rage on KK, I'll gurantee the second gets deleted. It's all about how u word it my friends.

darknessfairy
13-05-04, 09:30
Well why doesn;t somebody test this theory. Post two threads both of them bashing KK for a reason or another, but in on thread keep it subtle yet have ur opinion heard. In the second go full out rage on KK, I'll gurantee the second gets deleted. It's all about how u word it my friends.

i agree. like i said before in another post where someone said some valid points but they said it in such a way that everyone called him bad names, and his post got edited, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

get your opinions...you want people to notice them right? Well if your gunna rant and rave then all your post is gunna say is [edited]
people should think about how they put things so that people notice it, and *maybe* agree with you.

as for the #neocron channel, well.... i don't visit anymore because i find it severly bias towards "friends" and alot of the time people get away with saying stuff "because they have been in the channel since it started", that other people would get permabanned for saying. Or "that's just the way [insert name here] is. Yes it's unofficial, but it still needs some sort of system, not "he's been here since we started he can get op, ban people, say shit to people for no reason and get away with it".

Just my 2pennies worth :p

Gotterdammerung
13-05-04, 09:30
I'm sure you can find something better to do with idle hands then attempt to temp us mods.

The rules & guidelines are so simple, they are mere common sense that anyone should be able to follow. Try to put forth your opinion intelligently and articulately, don't attack people or call them names and don't discuss content that isn't allowed and a thread will be fine.

As soon as you attack personally,curse someone, discuss content not allowed or post with the intent to troll or incite ire you'll get edited. Have some self control and think before you write and you should be fine because if someone gets a ban it's only them that loose.

darknessfairy
13-05-04, 09:35
I'm sure you can find something better to do with idle hands then attempt to temp us mods.

The rules & guidelines are so simple, they are mere common sense that anyone should be able to follow. Try to put forth your opinion intelligently and articulately, don't attack people or call them names and don't discuss content that isn't allowed and a thread will be fine.

As soon as you attack personally,curse someone, discuss content not allowed or post with the intent to troll or incite ire you'll get edited. Have some self control and think before you write and you should be fine because if someone gets a ban it's only them that loose.

Well said. :D I think some people know that, but others think with their private regions before using the head region, hence why we get so many [edited] posts.

People should count to 10 and think about what their post about "some nib killed me while i was afk" will achieve. Usually it's /Thread closed

Celt
13-05-04, 09:46

As soon as you attack personally,curse someone, discuss content not allowed or post with the intent to troll or incite ire you'll get edited. Have some self control and think before you write and you should be fine because if someone gets a ban it's only them that loose.Some mods dont follow the forum rules, but are allowed to do whatever they so please.

Oath
13-05-04, 10:04
#neocron, is nothing to do with KK, it's to do with the old NO, many people speculate as to why i am op'd there, but i was op'd before any of that happened, i admit that some people have a bad attitude, some are there just to talk and dont play neocron anymore, some people are complete assholes and throw fits when someone says something they dont like, i'm guilty of this too dont get me wrong, but i am sick of people talking shit about me and my girfriend in there, as DF well knows, it's a sensitive subject, but i still <3 Her :p

I know the Op that banned you crazy, im sure he had a reason.

get on msn and speaketh to meeeeeeeeeeee.

Cnut.

:lol: <3

MisterP
13-05-04, 10:57
About the newbie experience....

I recently introduced 2 new friends to the game, showed em around explained everything.

1 stuck around, the 2nd one cancelled his account. :( Reason: He fataled to damn much and therefore cudnt get into the game, it just pushed him away.

Nidhogg
13-05-04, 11:09
Some mods dont follow the forum rules, but are allowed to do whatever they so please.
Mods are people and as such have subtly different views on how the rules should be enforced. No mod is allowed to break or ignore the forum rules though. If you have a specific example then I'd welcome a PM but please don't discuss it any further on the forums. Thanks.

N

darknessfairy
13-05-04, 11:11
#neocron, is nothing to do with KK, it's to do with the old NO, many people speculate as to why i am op'd there, but i was op'd before any of that happened, i admit that some people have a bad attitude, some are there just to talk and dont play neocron anymore, some people are complete assholes and throw fits when someone says something they dont like, i'm guilty of this too dont get me wrong, but i am sick of people talking shit about me and my girfriend in there, as DF well knows, it's a sensitive subject, but i still <3 Her :p

I know the Op that banned you crazy, im sure he had a reason.

get on msn and speaketh to meeeeeeeeeeee.

Cnut.

:lol: <3

I have supported you both whole heartidly on THAT subject. you know i have. and you were op'd cos of THAT... IMHO anyway. and again, if i can be totally honest, the room is generally power seeking assholes.

anyways if anyone was there when i threw my hissy fit, you know my true feelings

Dajuda
13-05-04, 12:58
I'd love to post some examples SD but they'd get edited. 8|

Marx
13-05-04, 14:53
I'd love to post some examples SD but they'd get edited. 8|
Post 'em.

J. Folsom
13-05-04, 15:30
Pre-warning, this post will contain J. Folsom in full 'cron fanboy mode, and might thus scare the heck out of you if you thought you knew me :p

lo all,
i asume one of the mods will edit or close the thread, but i hope and wonder of they would let a full-time neocron player to give his opinion. Looks like Nid posted here and it hasn't. :P

from my point of view the connection between KK and the playerbase is completely corrupted, its gotten to close that its fucked up the majority of the game.
KK listens to the players who speak out, but for the players who dont and who just wanto play i dont think they appreciate such changes. kk have been listening to players to much and they have forgotten that its there game and there decisions on how the game is run, they have given players to much of a chance to warp the gameplay and it completely unbalences the game and gameplay between certain criterias of players. listening to the playerbase is good for a game, but its been done in all the wrong ways, players have been given complete access in demanding to change the entire gameplay, characters, the game itself, and much more, but in the most essential part of communicating to the player base, such as answering questions, keeping informed, DEALING WITH PERSONAL PLAYER ENQUIRIES, they have almost completely ignored it.It's not as if it's just a case of "OMG RANDOM PLAYER DUDE SAID THIS LET'S DO IT!1!!11!".
Generally speaking, stuff posted on the forum takes a while to implement; I'd guess this is due to internal discussions of whether or not ti fits with the image KK has of the game.
Also, silly as it may sound, in part it is those players who disagree own fault they do not let their opinion be known; all paying players can post on these forums, and thus make their opinions public. That's also what forums are for.

Also, if all ideas ever posted had been implemented, Neocron would've been a lot different. Just check out all the silly/stupid ideas in the Brainport, I mean, once some nutcase suggested inter-server neofrag, what kind of idiotic idea is that! (For reference, that nutcase was actually me. :p)

because of the small overall population who play neocron compared to other mmorpg's, its getting treated like the players change and play the game to there own liking. we get NO infomation on fatals for example, for fuck sake they code the game, HOW ON EARTH cant they sort out and give us a proper reason on why it happensEver considered they haven't been fixed because they don't know why? Also, one of latest test server patch did fix a bunch of FRE's; while it did introduce a graphics bug, this has been fixed already too. Same for a drone crash bug which has been reported, and will be fixed in the next patch.

i mean theres some VERY smart people in the neocron community, i know a few professional programmers who play myself, they could even help you with such problems, but you dont even consider itHow many of them have experience with coding for MMOs? You have to account for way more variables in case lots of different people do lots of different stuff at the same time.
Also, what kind of offers have they made? Obviously, KK can't react to "Just gimme the source code and I'll fix everything up" reqeusts; that's way too much of a security hazard.

like i say, communicating with the playerbase in entirly the wrong way. and gms and mods to, they all act soo cool, never saying anything, purposly not chatting just so they can have there gm status and persona, and then when they say something which isnt even funny, all the gm and mod fanbois go in complete hysterics."Purposely not chatting" O_o
Anyway, they're not allowed to freely chat about anything since you have to sign a NDA the moment you become one... Unless it's public knowledge already, they're generally not allowed to reveal stuff.

i mean som mmorpgs have things so simple and smooth, patches every week, gm's in-game to contact, and look at neocron, patch every few months which fixes some problems, and creates others (wtf o_O ), can never find a gm in-game to help, and if you do its always email helpdesk, the forums have strange rules (such as closing leaving threads o_O ) its gotten to the point where you cant even speak your own opinion without it being edited to the maximum possible or closed. Could you name some exeplary MMO's? I've played a bunch (Ragnarok Online and Ultima Online to name two), and they generally had far less good support then Neocron. And their support was also gotten by E-Mailing an equivalent of helpdesk; or submitting your problem using something close to Neocron's in-game ticket system.

just an example, i was in the neocron irc channel, i was argueing with some other guy, i expect it was getting annoying, i apologise for that, and i got perma banned, from a OP who is the FRIEND of one of the ops in the channel and who only recently started playing, i know this is a pritty poor excuse and i dont even think its an offcial channel made by KK, but i asume some of you can get my drift.Not an official channel, so does not validate your point. If the same thing happened to you in #cron-help or #NCPD it would count, but it didn't.

i dont know what kk are thinking or doing, but from where i am atm its corrupted a lot. no events, no exiting things to do, they have left neocron to concentrate on things like bdoy, which hasnt been out for about 2 years now. kk have really lacked authority on players, they have let so many things take advantage, there in-game rules are, shall we say, different, if you catch my drift, and the forum mod rules are well, i wont even bother commenting, im sure your all thinking the same.Oooh, look, are those 3 test server patches in the last two weeks? Wow, yes they are. I guess they really don't care, eh. :rolleyes:
Also, look at what's been posted about DoY, then look at the original P=plan file MJs released about it. Notice the difference in amount of features.
Also, rules here are strict, but it's a good thing in this case; yes some rules might seem stupid when considered by just seeing the rule. But you also need to take into account the reason behind the rules, which are generally pretty good reasons.
Also, what's so "different" about the Neocron rules? Making vague allusions doesn't get anything changed, y'know.
Or wait, KK never listens do they, that's why Marx's recycling improvements got implemented. :rolleyes:

and once more IM PAYING 6 POUNDS FOR IT, WHY should i pay 6 pounds for a 1.2gig game, poor services and general stress and annoyance whenever i play it? its like saying "HEY YOU, if i give you 6 pounds will you put a 1.2gig piece of software on my computer which constantly makes me stressed whenever i use it?" at the moment im debating weather to stay with neocron, i only really stay now because of my friends. other then that the newbie experience is absolutly appalling, the gameplay is good in some parts, same with graphics, but it lacks quantity, features, and general is THEE most worst structured game ive ever played. If you don't enjoy Neocron, stop playing. Simple.
Also, Neocron has roughly the same amount of newbie support your average MMO does; it's very much community dependant, on Neocron has a good amount of people who are helping newbies.

truthfully i get more exitement out of playing pong for 3 hours instead of spending 3 hours getting annoyed by bugs, and walking around and up and down grav lifts on a server with about 50 people, 30% of which are afk anyways. its not right, and not normal, i hope for kk's sake that bdoy helps but im informing you from a personal players point of view how the situation is for me, i hope you can relate to my opinion like a good game should, and if you do, it proves your still open to hearing peoples opinions. because frankly i think, and hope kk pick up there attitude and relations, and start working harder on the more important things.30% AFK population is also standard; at least in Neocron the reason isn't because it's not worth the time you have to wait before you're fully healed.
Also, as much as you'll probably hate me for saying so, I rarely have any bugs when I play. And lately have been playing (On more unknown characters, and on different servers, I should add) quite a bit. I average roughly 4 hours a day now; and it's rare if I get one or two FREs or sync errors in a week.

prozium
13-05-04, 17:00
i agree with the original poster
maybe if the mods could relay some of the msgs's that we have to say to the actual programmers or people who fix stuff, then what we say or ask would have a little bit more of an effect...like fixing the fatal runtime error...why cant this be fixed, we have had about a half a year of dealing with this and all we get is new weapons, balancing, and a little content

Strych9
13-05-04, 17:09
i agree with the original poster
maybe if the mods could relay some of the msgs's that we have to say to the actual programmers or people who fix stuff, then what we say or ask would have a little bit more of an effect...like fixing the fatal runtime error...why cant this be fixed, we have had about a half a year of dealing with this and all we get is new weapons, balancing, and a little contentAre you people even looking at the patch notes lately?

I started a thread named "Can we increase tradeskill experience?" and it happened. Clownstopper started a thread on decreasing the static when a drone is hit and it happened. Everything in the test server patches came from suggestions from players. In the forums. Not that it wouldnt have been there otherwise... but the point is that they are listening.

And they KNOW the FREs are a problem. Almost every patch has some sort of coding to try and cut down on that stuff. And they have also already explained that DOY will be a new engine which should cut down on FRE issues. And they dont want to dedicate TOO much time to fixing FREs in an game engine that will be abandoned in four months time. And even with the FREs Saturn still gets over 300 no problem.

After seeing the TS patches, I was waiting to see how long it would be before someone tried the "they dont listen to us" line.

prozium
13-05-04, 17:19
i didnt say they dont listen to us... the mods listen to us all the time

Nidhogg
13-05-04, 17:39
The FRE isn't a single problem. You can see from the recent patch notes on the test server that a number of causes of FREs (in this case related to the terminals) have been fixed. KK are making progress to resolving these issues but no one would deny that there's still some way to go. The message here is that they are under investigation.

N

Furion
13-05-04, 18:10
5 stars cRazy, i agree completely...

Celt
13-05-04, 18:16
The FRE isn't a single problem. You can see from the recent patch notes on the test server that a number of causes of FREs (in this case related to the terminals) have been fixed. KK are making progress to resolving these issues but no one would deny that there's still some way to go. The message here is that they are under investigation.

N20 months and counting.

Will it be another 20 before its fixed?

[ edited ]

Lexxuk
13-05-04, 18:20
I have supported you both whole heartidly on THAT subject. you know i have. and you were op'd cos of THAT... IMHO anyway. and again, if i can be totally honest, the room is generally power seeking assholes.

anyways if anyone was there when i threw my hissy fit, you know my true feelings

Pfft, I'm no power seeker, the asshole bit is debateable :p

And wtf you go and get banned for Crazy? Who do I got to annoy now? Could try RedJackeT but, he's insane, Umans just perverted, blergh.

Oh ya, agree btw, KK lost track of where the game should be going a long time ago, they listen to the vocal minority in too many areas, for the common sense stuff that Strych mentioned, sure, them there are good changes, for the stupid changes that detract from the game, caused by the same people posting the same crap over and over and over again, in the hope that their constant whining will actually get what they want done.. well... the thing is... Look at the game now, caused by the whiners who actually get the game the way they want, only, like I predicted a long time ago, people leave in their droves.

<3 Crazy

Jest
13-05-04, 18:23
What do people consider to be some of the stupid changes that have detracted from the game?

@Celt your sig frightens me.

Lexxuk
13-05-04, 18:24
What do people consider to be some of the stupid changes that have detracted from the game?

@Celt your sig frightens me.

Obviously the ones that are stupid of course Jest <3

Kr3Yc3K
13-05-04, 18:28
just an example, i was in the neocron irc channel, i was argueing with some other guy, i expect it was getting annoying, i apologise for that, and i got perma banned, from a OP who is the FRIEND of one of the ops in the channel and who only recently started playing, i know this is a pritty poor excuse and i dont even think its an offcial channel made by KK, but i asume some of you can get my drift.

what what what???
are you calling ithy a newbie?! are you accusing him of being an op just because one of his friends is? er....... right ... you know what i think you are.. and you just proved it again :)

well anyway, dont even try to come back, no'ones missing you anyway

your dear old friend, Uman

Celt
13-05-04, 18:29
what what what???
are you calling ithy a newbie?! are you accusing him of being an op just because one of his friends is? er....... right ... you know what i think you are.. and you just proved it again :)

your dear old friend, Uman<3 ass eels and split peens

Furion
13-05-04, 18:32
i dont like irc because its usually some tight group who controls the channels with an iron hand, so if u have made some of them angry ingame, on forums or anywhere, they just kick u the fuck out. which Uman just proved....

Lexxuk
13-05-04, 18:33
i dont like irc because its usually some tight group who controls the channels with an iron hand, so if u have made some of them angry ingame, on forums or anywhere, they just kick u the fuck out. which Uman just proved....

They refuse to OP Uman ever since that incident with the kitten and the viagra. Crazy got a -b now, so he can come and bitch at Uman <3 But the read of his post still stands true!

Kr3Yc3K
13-05-04, 18:35

What have i proved? That crazy got kicked for a good reason ( he acted like a 5 year old boy ) .. did i really prove that?

Incase you dont know ( and apparently, you really have no idea what you are talking about / accusing me of ) Im no OP in #neocron anymore so i cant ban him ( actually lex.. i dont have ops anymore because i once opped Ren.. which i, apparently, shouldnt have done :) ) ... furthermore, the channel is NOT ruled by an " iron fist " .. otherwise we couldnt talk about all the stuff we usually talk about ( you all know what im refering to... )

in any case, stop making up false "facts" .. that doesnt suit you ( although i dont even have a clue who you are...... )

cRazy2003
13-05-04, 20:29
what what what???

your dear old friend, Uman

[ edited ]

anyways its nice to see people with destructive critizism, and people who agree, and mods giving good points. but i still think the playerbase think they have to much power over the control of the game, and not enough power over the more important points of the game,

i think something good would be a survey prior to a patch or every month(s) sent out to every neocron account holder with a set selection of questions to help decide on an idea KK has had, then they total up the yes or no scores on each question and decide from there, i would think this way is a lot more constructive and this way peoples personal true opinions wont be effected by others.

i do respect the forum rules in most cases but it would be nice to show one last bit of respect for example to people who are leaving, ive also noticed coming back threads are allowed, leaving threads airnt :wtf: even closing or deleting the leaving thread after a certain time and giving enough time for friends etc to post goodbye would be nice.

and about the fatals, you say things like its the terminals, i know hundreds of reasons why they fatal, i mean REALLY why it fatals, what happens in the code and in the game itself which causes it to shut the game down as a fatal error. other then that i think its just getting info from the playerbase in the proper way.

Shadow Dancer
13-05-04, 20:31
Wait a second, that's not a bad idea Crazy. I actually like it.

A little survey sent out to pepole. But I think you should write at least 2-3 paragraphs then vote yes/no/whatever on whatever topic the survey is about.

I don't think people should just put "no, kuz LOOOLOLLO"

MkVenner
13-05-04, 21:45
oh god crazy's making sense....

yeah that'd be sweet, tho of course we'd need to know that those 2-3 paragraphs are bein read and not just "lost". Tho that could be alot of reading...

jernau
13-05-04, 21:52
I think there's already too much delay between patches. Giving KK an excuse to further delay and further bloat patches seems bad to me.

Also I think this would lead to a vocal minority having way too much control over the game.

MkVenner
13-05-04, 22:01
well the way i see it atm the people who KK "talk to" the most are the people on these boards....which are a minority...if they send an e-mail to every one with an account more would be heard.

Maybe having the poll after a patch, asking for opinions on this and what should hbe in next?

J. Folsom
13-05-04, 22:09
I wouldn't be so sure. It's quite likely the most vocal people on the forums are also the ones most likely to answer the surveys.

Just do a search and try to find out how much people (on average) in a country vote, it'll most likely turn up that most of the population think that their vote doesn't matter and thus they don't vote. Same would most likely count for people doing surveys.

Besides, there's probably also a lot of people who, when they hear the word survey, automattically think "NO, I DON'T WANT YOUR SPAM!!!", before deleting the E-Mail. ;)

Personally, I guess it could be worth a try, but only for some things which KK can't really accurately judge themselves.

MkVenner
13-05-04, 22:12
In game voting booth? http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif

Gotterdammerung
13-05-04, 22:20
i do respect the forum rules in most cases but it would be nice to show one last bit of respect for example to people who are leaving, ive also noticed coming back threads are allowed, leaving threads airnt :wtf: even closing or deleting the leaving thread after a certain time and giving enough time for friends etc to post goodbye would be nice.

The reason "I'm leaving" threads are closed is that invariably someone doesn't like the person and comes to their thread to post something like

i value your opinion...
not.

i dont really value anything you say anyways, all those wierd remarks, hard to explain really, i just dont value you, or your opinions, at all.

See what I mean, while on one hand you want to see leaving threads left opened, you may probably be just one of those kinds of persons who would go and post in a thread of someone you didn't like with a snide, sarcastic remark as evedenced above. So you really have to practice what you preach. Meanwhile "I'm leaving" threads will continue to be closed as per forum rules & guidelines.

Have a nice day

J. Folsom
13-05-04, 22:22
In game voting booth? http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif
Actually, that could work; but probably still wouldn't, even in centralized locations...

Though I suppose in-game mail reminders for the voting might work to stimulate that, considering those things are so bloody annoying you pretty much have to read them. And since they're in-game, it's also pretty certain they're actually planned by KK.

cRazy2003
13-05-04, 22:47
I wouldn't be so sure. It's quite likely the most vocal people on the forums are also the ones most likely to answer the surveys.

Just do a search and try to find out how much people (on average) in a country vote, it'll most likely turn up that most of the population think that their vote doesn't matter and thus they don't vote. Same would most likely count for people doing surveys.

Besides, there's probably also a lot of people who, when they hear the word survey, automattically think "NO, I DON'T WANT YOUR SPAM!!!", before deleting the E-Mail. ;)

Personally, I guess it could be worth a try, but only for some things which KK can't really accurately judge themselves.

make the survey appear in-game after you log-in and before you choose your server and char so you have to answer no matter what or you cant get on :p

Lexxuk
13-05-04, 23:06
When you consider, in the UK, more people voted in Big Brother than in the General Elections, you kind of get the feeling people dont really give a damn tbh imho iirc afk afaik <3 crazy

Ozambabbaz
13-05-04, 23:12
When you consider, in the UK, more people voted in Big Brother than in the General Elections, you kind of get the feeling people dont really give a damn tbh imho iirc afk afaik <3 crazy

thats scary... a comon thing in danish news broadcasts is "x hundred people died in X country, next up, a 10 minute full coverage of teh Royal Wedding" :(

Lexxuk
13-05-04, 23:33
thats scary... a comon thing in danish news broadcasts is "x hundred people died in X country, next up, a 10 minute full coverage of teh Royal Wedding" :(

omg, who got married?

cRazy2003
13-05-04, 23:42

dunno what ur on about but <3 lexx

Jest
13-05-04, 23:55
When you consider, in the UK, more people voted in Big Brother than in the General Elections, you kind of get the feeling people dont really give a damn tbh imho iirc afk afaik <3 crazy :lol: Maybe thats the way to do things. Get the politicians up for elections, stick them in a house for a month, and let the voters who stays and who goes. ;)

jernau
14-05-04, 01:50
well the way i see it atm the people who KK "talk to" the most are the people on these boards....which are a minority...if they send an e-mail to every one with an account more would be heard.

Maybe having the poll after a patch, asking for opinions on this and what should hbe in next?
They can't even get their act together to send out a bulk email when they make collosal patch changes. They assume that everyone checks here regularly and if they don't the official position is "fuck them"

Ozambabbaz
14-05-04, 02:59
omg, who got married?

crownprince Pingo (Frederik of DK) and tasmanian pleb Mary Elizabeth Donaldson..infidel :P and its tomorrow...danish media has just gone bezerk... friday highlights a whopping 14 hours of livefeed...on 3 national channels :(

Odin
14-05-04, 03:21
And as far as the whole banning issues go.

One post rarely gets you banned unless it severly crosses a LOT of lines. Which is fairly rare. Every edit that you get is recorded and at points people will be issued warnings, temp, permanent bans based on that record and not the final post. I think that is what confuses some people. It's not one post, it's a culmination of posts and most who end up with permanent bans have some 50+ violations.

Marx
14-05-04, 03:23
And as far as the whole banning issues go.

One post rarely gets you banned unless it severly crosses a LOT of lines. Which is fairly rare. Every edit that you get is recorded and at points people will be issued warnings, temp, permanent bans based on that record and not the final post. I think that is what confuses some people. It's not one post, it's a culmination of posts and most who end up with permanent bans have some 50+ violations.
Can you PM me about how many violations I have?

:o

Shadow Dancer
14-05-04, 03:27

IIRC, the mods don't let anyone know the specifics of their record.

Boooo. :p

Odin
14-05-04, 03:28

Done. If you want you can share that # with this group :)

Marx
14-05-04, 03:29
36!

Does a ban = x amount? Or does the infraction which cause the ban equal 1?

Because that number seems amazingly low =/

Shadow Dancer
14-05-04, 03:29
Done. If you want you can share that # with this group :)

wow. Can you tell me the # of violations I have?

Before and after my first ban. Just curious.

Marx has 36? wtf...

I don't even remember nearly half that many edits from him.

:eek:

I hope I don't have 308470324 or something.

Odin
14-05-04, 03:35
wow. Can you tell me the # of violations I have?

Before and after my first ban. Just curious.

Marx has 36? wtf...

I don't even remember nearly half that many edits from him.

:eek:

I hope I don't have 308470324 or something.
Done. Anyone else? (note I'm only doing a few of these and that's it for now.)

Q`alooaith
14-05-04, 03:37
Done. Anyone else? (note I'm only doing a few of these and that's it for now.)Well I'd like to know, but very wary because I edit a lot... a lot..

yes that's another eidt by me

Good thing I don't click the post button on half the thing's I type, I just delete em and go PKing till it's out my system... most of the time..

Odin
14-05-04, 03:44
Done. Anyone else?

Ozambabbaz
14-05-04, 03:46
erhm, tried to be funny, sorry

Clyde
14-05-04, 03:47
everyone seem to post one of these theards every 1-2 weeks and its gettin annoying. 85% of us agree with you, so that means we have the same oppinion. And since we have the same oppinion, we dont need you to make another post like this.

Biznatchy
14-05-04, 03:57
everyone seem to post one of these theards every 1-2 weeks and its gettin annoying. 85% of us agree with you, so that means we have the same oppinion. And since we have the same oppinion, we dont need you to make another post like this.

I am drawn to the a comment about a wheel and some grease. So yes more honest views can never hurt.

I have mixed feelings on who KK is listening to on game changes. Parashock is still here so it must not be the right people.

Odin
14-05-04, 03:59
I am drawn to the a comment about a wheel and some grease. So yes more honest views can never hurt.

I have mixed feelings on who KK is listening to on game changes. Parashock is still here so it must not be the right people.
There was a bug with the last couple patches (the one that was supposed to reduce para). I've been told that is supposed to be fixed with this coming patch and should do what it was originally supposed to.

Shadow Dancer
14-05-04, 04:03
I've been told that is supposed to be fixed with this coming patch and should do what it was originally supposed to.

Yea, so it'll reduce your speed by 90% instead of 99.

:angel:

Biznatchy
14-05-04, 04:09
Yea, so it'll reduce your speed by 90% instead of 99.

:angel:

So a tank with a cs out will be able to get past a roach when hit with para.

No really im glad they are going to reduce para. I know its a hard issue to handle with all the people that have holy paraspam spells they worked on. I just hope the reduction is enough to make pvp fun again.

MkVenner
14-05-04, 10:14
wonder how many i got, afaik ive been a good boy :D

cRazy2003
14-05-04, 16:56
36!

Does a ban = x amount? Or does the infraction which cause the ban equal 1?

Because that number seems amazingly low =/

pwn3d :p

i wonder how many i have to, probably about 20, including a one from this thread :p

edit yea pm mine to, forgot to ask that O-o

Jest
14-05-04, 16:58
Holy crap Marx has 36? :lol: Im curious to know how many I have. Odin PM me mine too you sexy beast. :p

Nidhogg
14-05-04, 17:18
PM sent, Jest.

N

J. Folsom
14-05-04, 17:20
Niddy could you send me my violation number as well? I'm vaguely nosy as to how few it's most likely going to be.

EDIT: Any other mod could send me it as well, or anyone who has acces to it, actually. I just said Niddy since he seemed to be on.

ezza
14-05-04, 17:30
i dont care, ill just know what what when i pick up my bans :D

Jest
14-05-04, 17:36
Hehe. I only have 4 edits from over 3000 posts. It just goes to show that a well written post regardless of the content has a better chance to survive. Flaming people with style since December 2002. ;)

ezza
14-05-04, 17:43
i just go for the bruteish type flaming which gets edited :lol:

jernau
14-05-04, 17:48
Done. Anyone else?
I'm curious, yes please.

MkVenner
14-05-04, 18:18
me too please http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/biggrin.gif

Oath
14-05-04, 18:19
I dont care, i know what i said was out of line to be edited, though i still feel that my comments on the bob monkhouse's death thread were fine, nm, Gotter obviously is a fan :p

<3 Gotter.

Gotterdammerung
14-05-04, 18:41
that was gungnir on the monkhouse thread not me, but i appreciate the love anyway

Strych9
14-05-04, 19:15
If you are still offering up violation numbers, do I have any?

I dont recall ever being edited.

I have written tons of posts that would have been, but I never submit those. Just let it sit there, and then either edit it or just go back in my browser since all I needed to do was vent anyway. :angel:

J. Folsom
14-05-04, 20:40
I have 1 edited post, that's one more than I expected.

Was understandable it was edited though, considering it was a direct insult of someone. I'm surprised I ever did that, I usually post at least 15 paragraphs of text around an insult. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the PM Nid!

MkVenner
14-05-04, 21:32
i've been a good boy 0 edits http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif

Lexxuk
15-05-04, 01:03
good lord, my edits are upto 1337 and a half :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oath
15-05-04, 18:32
that was gungnir on the monkhouse thread not me, but i appreciate the love anyway

I'm sorry, you get the love anyway coz your more fun than Gungnir.

Sorry again.

spongeb0b
16-05-04, 13:46
I wanna know!!!!! Tell me!!!! Please :)

yavimaya
16-05-04, 14:28
Arghh! this has gotten so off-topic :P

Really everyone should stop flaming KK. Sure they are slow.... maybe very slow.... but hey, lets see what the new product is going to be like. and what support is like when they dont have to work on thier new product all day every day.

And about the original post... This is the best game community and forums around. No other Official Forums or game would allow/ encourage swearing, violence and sexual themes! And the way i see it Reakktor encourage all of these, just as the game is designed (except for RL of course).

The rules are in no way backwards or fucked!! They are realistic, you arent allowed to attack the player behind the account, unless they appear as themselves.
E.g. They post a really bad game change idea.
Yes i believe some are fucked, but thats not the rules... its the Mods, it's the Mods that close the goodbye threads, etc. not the rules...

It's the mods that try to link everything to the "anti-spam" rules.

cRazy2003
16-05-04, 14:47
Arghh! this has gotten so off-topic :P

Really everyone should stop flaming KK. Sure they are slow.... maybe very slow.... but hey, lets see what the new product is going to be like. and what support is like when they dont have to work on thier new product all day every day.

And about the original post... This is the best game community and forums around. No other Official Forums or game would allow/ encourage swearing, violence and sexual themes! And the way i see it Reakktor encourage all of these, just as the game is designed (except for RL of course).

The rules are in no way backwards or fucked!! They are realistic, you arent allowed to attack the player behind the account, unless they appear as themselves.
E.g. They post a really bad game change idea.
Yes i believe some are fucked, but thats not the rules... its the Mods, it's the Mods that close the goodbye threads, etc. not the rules...

It's the mods that try to link everything to the "anti-spam" rules.

this thread kinda sunk down, but oh well :p
i didnt critizise doy, i think its gonna be good, im holding my account until it comes out, then we'll see.

t0tt3
16-05-04, 16:19
hahaha nice move mods :D

Instead of looking at the first post of reply all want to know how many edits they got O_o :p :D