PDA

View Full Version : Name change policy

bounty
12-05-04, 23:45
I think the name change policy is a pretty crap idea in my opinion. I feel that reputation and trust is something you have to earn and is proven through longevity. That enemy that you've been seeking revenge against for months now suddenly changes his name and comes off as your friend, even though he stole your mc5, you'd never know. I think its just crap, my opinion.

spongeb0b
12-05-04, 23:48
hmmmm true that.... :( (I changed a character name on one of my accounts but that was just to keep it in line with my other spongebob orientated characters ;) )

ezza
12-05-04, 23:55
i like it i used to so people could identify me easier after i deleted my monk, i renamed my tank as my forum Id

Kasumi
13-05-04, 00:00
I think the name change policy is a pretty crap idea in my opinion. I feel that reputation and trust is something you have to earn and is proven through longevity. That enemy that you've been seeking revenge against for months now suddenly changes his name and comes off as your friend, even though he stole your mc5, you'd never know. I think its just crap, my opinion.
The name change policy is good.. also this is a game so dont get to serious about it.. ^_^

Marx
13-05-04, 00:10
You can only do it once per account, so its not like someone can abuse it.

phunqe
13-05-04, 00:26
For me it was pretty good since I could then change to RP names from like phunqe, phunqe^, phunqe[] and phunqe whatever :p

bounty
13-05-04, 02:26
For me it was pretty good since I could then change to RP names from like phunqe, phunqe^, phunqe[] and phunqe whatever :p

yeah for these reasons i completely understand why its a good policy, and i agree kasumi, it is a bit of me nitpicking, no doubt :lol: but its just the principle of it all that irritates me a little, that's all.

jernau
13-05-04, 02:33
I like the policy though I think it should be "once per character" not "once per account". OTOH it was a nice surprise that they do this much and at no charge so I'm not complaining.

Q`alooaith
13-05-04, 02:34
just think, had you made a char with a stupid name not expecting to keep it very long and then find you like the play style but could not live though leveling again (oh your missing great fun I assure you)..

Just think, you'd made a char called "Bob the temp" so you could try out another class or weapon type, you level up and like it, but are not fond of being called "Bob the temp"..

There are plenty of reasons for it..

Personaly I'd rather all names where GM vetted, for truer sence of the game..

I managed to build up a good rep as a honist and very good research tradeskiller while still stealing the good techpart's and swaping them out for more common or usless ones, so don't alway's trust the good name..

edit;
no I didn't keep the char, rerolled like I alway's do.

Susi
13-05-04, 03:14
That enemy that you've been seeking revenge against for months now suddenly changes his name and comes off as your friend, even though he stole your mc5, you'd never know.

Put your enemies in your ignore list (or buddy ;-)) and check it once and a while. The names will change there, too. (And also in the mail and forum system.)

ezza
13-05-04, 12:12
just think, had you made a char with a stupid name not expecting to keep it very long and then find you like the play style but could not live though leveling again (oh your missing great fun I assure you)..

Just think, you'd made a char called "Bob the temp" so you could try out another class or weapon type, you level up and like it, but are not fond of being called "Bob the temp"..

There are plenty of reasons for it..

Personaly I'd rather all names where GM vetted, for truer sence of the game..

I managed to build up a good rep as a honist and very good research tradeskiller while still stealing the good techpart's and swaping them out for more common or usless ones, so don't alway's trust the good name..

edit;
no I didn't keep the char, rerolled like I alway's do.one reason i dont trust anyone outside a select few

extract
13-05-04, 13:25
I managed to build up a good rep as a honist and very good research tradeskiller while still stealing the good techpart's and swaping them out for more common or usless ones, so don't alway's trust the good name.

haha, dont feel bad, I dont think there is one single resser ingame who doesnt do this...I realized this when before i made my resser I would always get the shittiest of parts every single batch, meanwhile I hear people like "oh cool HL parts, SF parts" menwhile I was like " oh great melee parts, slot enhancer parts"

altthought the best one was when i gave the guy all Ts and Es and i got POT, 0.9 slot enhancer parts, and some kool wyatt parts.....I was like "dude if ur gonna jack my shit at least make it look legit" :lol:

all tradeskillers are shady, even csters......had a moonie built onetime, the guy tries to pull the he was out of grease story, oh but lucky for him, i happened to have bought a pack of it before build....but nope he didnt want it he needed to buy some anyways he says(which meant go switch this uber weapon i just built for this shitty one i dont want...) bastards!!! so now I must waste 2 slots on my acct just from ress and cst chars lol, not putting up with that load of BS ever again

Scikar
13-05-04, 14:46
I made my spy a researcher so I could sit in Plaza IDing techs and swapping ones I needed for melee parts etc. But I couldn't bring myself to do it to anyone. :(

[SP]Ostrich
13-05-04, 14:53
back ages ago on ovacookd i never scammed a person... although cheule sigyess (sp?) seemed to get a lot of electric tempest parts... weird.

J. Folsom
13-05-04, 14:55
It's probably correct on the tech swapping part people do. :/

That's based on how often I used to hear "Dude, you're my lucky researcher!", back when I was one :p

Silly people didn't ever come to Plaza 2 Yo's though, which I did as I was too lazy to run all the way there and then back just for the lube.
Maybe would work better now, as Plaza 2's more of a trade center now than it was before... But can't be arsed to ever level research again, nor am I ever going to LOM back to it.

Strych9
13-05-04, 14:58
Not all tradeskillers are bad, esp. constructors. Strych9, my main on Saturn, has never switched weapons or built items on anyone. Even though people seem to mistakingly think that reputation is important on Pluto, some of us still try and maintain a good one on Saturn. ;)

Besides, after you build enough for yourself, you dont need that crappy two slotted malediction or whatever you just built, since you have a 4 or 5 slotter you built for youself anyway. :p

ezza
13-05-04, 15:15
richard deckard has never switched a tech, nor has Black Ninja ever swapped a weapon, but then why would i want to rip my own clan off, or myself lol

Q`alooaith
13-05-04, 15:22
what's wrong with ripping off your clan?

ezza
13-05-04, 15:35
what's wrong with ripping off your clan?
you dont deserve to be in a clan if you do that

Shadow Dancer
13-05-04, 19:32
Extract is mostly right. The # of liars and shady tradeskillers is staggering. I remember the "confession" thread where everyone posted of bad things they did in the past(in NC). It was a disturbing thread. o_O

FirestarXL
13-05-04, 22:19
I used to to preserve my personal reputation by changing the name of a char before giving it to be used by someone else. Not that I expect any evilness, but I just prefer it that way. :D

Maybe so, but you'll always be teh phunqe really. :p