PDA

View Full Version : Some vehicle interface improvements...

RayBob
12-05-04, 20:55
Imagine if you clicked on your quickbelt and then you had to select an item from a drop-down list. imagine if PPUs had to click on their teammates and then select from a list: Heal target, Shelter target, etc.

The interface with vehicles does not promote quick PvP action. The vehicle interface in nearly all other FPS games is much better.

If you are the owner of a vehicle, right clicking it should automatically put you in the driver's seat. Then you should be able to hit a keyboard button to switch between seats rather than having to exit and reenter the vehicle. Vehicles need trunks. Vehicles need a button to kick someone out. Rhinos need a 2nd smaller gun so drivers can also gun.

Kasumi
12-05-04, 20:57
Imagine if you clicked on your quickbelt and then you had to select an item from a drop-down list. imagine if PPUs had to click on their teammates and then select from a list: Heal target, Shelter target, etc.

The interface with vehicles does not promote quick PvP action. The vehicle interface in nearly all other FPS games is much better.

If you are the owner of a vehicle, right clicking it should automatically put you in the driver's seat. Then you should be able to hit a keyboard button to switch between seats rather than having to exit and reenter the vehicle. Vehicles need trunks. Vehicles need a button to kick someone out. Rhinos need a 2nd smaller gun so drivers can also gun.This isnt an FPS.. :) Also there should ne an animation for the characters getting into vehicle instead of "magically appearing" inside of them.. :)

Edit: They need to add "logical" locations to the vehicles.. and appropriately labeled. So if you want to get itno passenger spot you have to move on that spot.. :) Same with gun spot and driver spot.. :)

Heavyporker
12-05-04, 20:57
driving and gunning at same time in rhino?

HELL NO.

Just reassign a passenger seat to a low level machine gun/grenade launcher.

RayBob
12-05-04, 21:01
driving and gunning at same time in rhino?
HELL NO.
Just reassign a passenger seat to a low level machine gun/grenade launcher.Actually, that's a better idea. Make one of the passenger slots a 2nd gunner slot with a grenade launcher. I like it.

jiga
12-05-04, 21:03
Just make it so you can switch seats using the number keys. Like in BF:vietnam

RayBob
12-05-04, 21:06
Just make it so you can switch seats using the number keys. Like in BF:vietnamThat's where I got the idea. I love that game.

Kasumi
12-05-04, 21:06
I dont know that game but that is a terrible idea.. :(

KeithMyath
12-05-04, 21:10
five stars, ive been thinking this all along

Clive tombstone
12-05-04, 21:16
its an OK idea, I like your ideas, but heres something, ONE

Rhino's dont need a nade launcher for 2 reasons (1-there main cannon is already good enuff[KK please make some anti PPU shield shells for tank Please ^_^] and 2, Ive had some REAL , dare I say, Lame gunners, and I wouldnt trust one of them with an AoE weapon in an expensive piece of "destructible equipment any day lol)
a Rihno w/ Small machine gun or firing port would be sw33t.

for vehicle boarding, much like Planet side, that would make things seem a bit more interesting.

vehicle seating management would also be nice, Ive had some times where Id like to get a lame gunner outa my apc for a time but he wouldnt get out forcing me to get close to a few Y-troopers to take "care" of my "problem" :D

He deserved it ok? lol

Finally GOOD cockpit view camera angles? need I say more?

amfest
12-05-04, 21:30
If you are the owner of a vehicle, right clicking it should automatically put you in the driver's seat. I think it should be like kasumi said .. on certain positions of the vehicle you get into the appropiate seat. I also think in a jeep the passanger should be able to use their weapons but with restrictions on turning radius. YOu shouldn't be able to turn towards the driver completely .. it should be straight ahead and to the very right to shoot across and upwards. You should also take an aiming % hit so maybe things like AOE and droning would be more suited for passenger attacking. monk spells should shake in the vehicle. You know games where you go into a sniper zoom and the reticle moves around randomly to give you the sense of your hand shaking well that's what I was thinking it should be like for monks in a vehicle. I'm not sure about the switching seats by numbers. I guess no comment on that. A kick command would be great and if someone is in your team they dont' need permission to enter your vehicle.

Mirco
12-05-04, 23:23
I would like that if you get a few guys into a vehicle the lock seats function would "save" who was in there and they would return to their "saved" seat fast and easy without having to choose.

RayBob
13-05-04, 00:07
I would like that if you get a few guys into a vehicle the lock seats function would "save" who was in there and they would return to their "saved" seat fast and easy without having to choose.That's a nice idea. Another possibility is that anyone who is teamed with you can enter without your having to approve it every time.

Kasumi
13-05-04, 00:10
That's a nice idea. Another possibility is that anyone who is teamed with you can enter without your having to approve it every time.
Hrmm They just need to allow anyone to get into any vehicle.. If people dont want there vehicle taken or someone not in it they not like thye they should LOCK the vehicle.. Taking shotcuts and making things look simple is bad in my opinion and lazy for game designers.. :)