PDA

View Full Version : Faction Alliances

Garg [RogueNET]
12-05-04, 09:11
What i wanna know is why PP and TG for example are neutral and CA is still allied to PP, since CA and TG are the worst enemies in the game.

I wanna know why some factions have their allies/enemies/neutrals.

(Didn't bother to do a search about if this has been posted before.)

Crest
12-05-04, 09:13
Depends on how you look at this ...

Like TT and TG are not good friends either, While BD and TT are enemies, yet BD are Neutral to TT ...

I think PP have most friends cause everyone likes drugs

Garg [RogueNET]
12-05-04, 09:16
drugs.... hmm

Especially the LoM addicts..

MkVenner
12-05-04, 09:20
well TT supply guns for BD drug wars etc, therefore TT supply guns to CA and BD, to of TG main enemies. the way i see it BD and TS arent anti-city, there anti CA, so they wanna protect the city because thats what makes them there money.

Parappa
12-05-04, 09:22
Well look how Crahn is. Allied to TG which is allied to FA which is hostile to Crahn. Also Crahn is allied to BD which is hostile to TG.

*head explodes*

Garg [RogueNET]
12-05-04, 09:22
yes, but i wanna know WHY CA is still "ALLIED" to PP... they should change status to neutral since PP are "helping" the rebels (TG) that are doing everything to kill Reeza and destroy CA.

Crest
12-05-04, 09:39
']yes, but i wanna know WHY CA is still "ALLIED" to PP... they should change status to neutral since PP are "helping" the rebels (TG) that are doing everything to kill Reeza and destroy CA.

CA are a littleslow and dont know this ... PP giving them drugs before any meetings ... and are the woves in sheeps clothes.....

Garg [RogueNET]
12-05-04, 09:39
riiitee....

ZoomZoom
12-05-04, 09:52
yea its werid but when doy comes out :eek:

MkVenner
12-05-04, 10:15
proto pharm supply drugs, but im guessing that they probly also supply medical supplies, and who's to say theres not some high up bent copper with his fingers in PP

oh and FA are all about making everyone free, which inncludes CA's defet, same as TG, tho Tg just wanna change the government, where as crahn wanna get rid of CA but im guessing by enslaving peoples minds (against FA)

Garg [RogueNET]
12-05-04, 10:40
You explain everything BUT the thing i wanna know lol.

yes, but i wanna know WHY CA is still "ALLIED" to PP... they should change status to neutral since PP are "helping" the rebels (TG) that are doing everything to kill Reeza and destroy CA.

Kasumi
12-05-04, 10:43
']What i wanna know is why PP and TG for example are neutral and CA is still allied to PP, since CA and TG are the worst enemies in the game.

I wanna know why some factions have their allies/enemies/neutrals.

(Didn't bother to do a search about if this has been posted before.)
Twilight Guardian are Fredom Fighters.. Maybe ProtoPharm do not think they are really evil people like CityAdmin think Twilight Guardian is??

Garg [RogueNET]
12-05-04, 10:44
yes, i know that..... but is CA okay with the fact PP are helping TG?

It's just wierd..:wtf:

MkVenner
12-05-04, 11:04
maybe CA cant really make them not help TG, then PP will cut off the medical supplies they need to fight TG. PP is a corperation not a military force

n3m
12-05-04, 11:11
factions suck, if you attack someone from hostile faction you'll hurt a allied faction

I hope they do a faction sympathy reset when doy hits:
http://members.chello.nl/hjw.heezen/J/fs.jpg

Andronicus
12-05-04, 11:11
Dont even try to understand it.. I gave up a long time ago. Besides, in the real game (atleast on Saturn) alliances change at the drop of a hat for some people.

MkVenner
12-05-04, 11:16
yeah...ive been attacked by allied factions, and at one point CA and FA were KOS to eachother

n3m
12-05-04, 11:19
what the fuck does the 55(67) fs mean btw?
I thought it was something like 55 is your own, and 67 is the one from your clan?:confused:

J. Folsom
12-05-04, 11:28
I could ask the same about FA's sympathies; why are they allied to TG and neutral to CA, considering CA and TG are worst enemies?

Generally speaking, there is no real reason from what I've noticed, though I guess PP could be interested in selling medicinal supplies to TG, but do not maintain official links to them (That is, all supplies sold are sold under the name of some small other company, etc.); since they don't want to ruin their relationship with CityAdmin.

Original monk
12-05-04, 12:30
factions on saturn are shitty cause everyone ignores em ... dont go talking about roleplay and such cause youre enemy's ignore roleplay completely ... not to say they even laugh with it ...

i got attacked by allies, enemy's and neutrals ... randomly

factionsystem is shit ... even when ya accidentally hit someone 1 teeny shot and the person dies cause of someone else then all youre nicely saved factionsymphaty vanishes as snow for the sun ..

my personal PKchar is factionless ... yust to show that im being serieus and dont care about sl, factionsymphaty or whatever ... allied to everyone so they loose symph and sl but so do i ...

so as soon there are people ignoring all the factions and whatever and wonna be an ass then quasimodo (factionless runner) comes up to have a littlebit of good ol fun :)

factions are cool and all but get completely ignored by lots of players while fighting ... so if thats what they want then thats what they will get..

(was in pepperpark yesterday and im tangent ... i got attacked by a proto ppu, a CMtank and a BD pe (not to mention that tsunamipistolspy cause he was nib) ... thats noo red at all yeah)

anyway

factions are solved with doy probably ... like everything ...

n3m
12-05-04, 12:44
I was the FA tank, and you called me a nib :mad:

//edit

was a biotech ppu btw :p

Crest
12-05-04, 13:31
have seen guys creating 2 clans on either side of the map, they then take an op with their enemy clan, give it to their friendly clan and try sell it back ...Lot of bull.....

If you try and take it back , you have to fight a friendly faction ...

Why not make politics mean more....
Create alliances as should be ... So if TT and BD want to have a war against TG or FA .. Their Faction Rep can flag the war and they see each other as enemies and like wise, TG and FA see them as enemies.

If you have 1 over powered Faction then TG and FA and TT and CM and CA could create an alliance to remove this threat then they can fight for the spoils amongst themselves ....

Currently it mean nothing. I Norm don't Kill Bio's even though I am TT cause Bio's are City ..... But then I have killed PP's cause they have attacked me even though they Neuts

Agent L
12-05-04, 15:40
Oh, boys, it's like real life. There are no *good* guys vs *bad* guys.

Look at me (IRL). I'm allied to most of Furious-Angels folks. Some of them are enemies to Shadow Dancer, but not me. I don't care about SD and afaik he doesn't care about me :). So that makes us neutrals.

Same with ProtoPharm, PP is allied to CA like all corporations are, they pay taxes, obey law, etc. Twilight guardians are enemies to CA and most corporations that supports CA. But maybe PP doesn't really support CA more that they HAVE to, so TGs don't see PP as their main target. Or maybe PP makes some kind of secret supplies to TG? Or maybe their just dont CARE, remember, neutrality is most default state.

-Crahn are enemies to FA, nothing unexpectable; CS are religious zealots that see technology as evil, FAs are scientific freaks that believes only in what they can measure, state of war is unavoidable here.
-FAs are alied to TG. Exchange of hi-tech gadgets and knowlede for military protection makes this one of the closest alliances in NC world, nearly symbiotic.
-TG established fragile aliance with CS, they have common goal NOW; overthrow Reeza, but both sides know that as soon as this goal would be reached, they'll turn against each other : TG swears they fight for freedom and democracy, CS don't try to hide their lust of absolute power.

I see current factions and relations system most interesting and credible, nothing is black-or-white IRL and so it's in NC.
Only weak point of this system is fact that players cannot change relationship between factions, neither kick out of faction players that don't follow faction rules. This power IMHO should lie in hands of faction counsellors - this way counsellor would be more than empty title.

So I say all that DoY crap is a big step back. Good vs bad, what next, place Snowwhite as head of one faction and her evil stepmother as another?

Carinth
12-05-04, 20:25
PP isn't the only naughty city faction, Biotech and Diamond both have allies outside the city. BT even fights TT within the city, yet both are allied to CA. That's just on the city side, if you really want fucked up relations go visit the anti city factions. Almost every single anti city faction has at least one, most often two, hostile enemies on the anti city side.

We'll just hafta wait to see what KK does in DOY, since one of the "features" was a redoing of the faction alliances. Maybe they'll actualy have it make sense, or they'll just dumb it down to red vs blue.

Alashandra_D.
12-05-04, 20:52
I'll probably get spanked by The Big N for posting in an OOC thread, but I felt something like this would be worth paying attention to:

What people seem to forget is that there are differing degrees of hostility, it's not as simple as the Red/Green/Yellow system implies. For example:

Fallen Angels are hostile to Crahn because, as someone has already pointed out, they're on different ends of a scale. One are techno zealots, the other are religous zealots; conflicting ideology and extreme xenohobia = war, as plenty of "IRL" examples have proven.

However, the Fallen Angels are hostile to Black Dragon as well....but far, FAR from the same degree. The Black Dragon are too low-brow and thuggish for the "refined" Angels to stomach; this is enough to incite hatred between the two but not a full-blown conflict.

Obviously this is just a general overview (Zealots will always be in all factions), but it's a guideline at the very least.

-Alash

Doc Holliday
12-05-04, 21:18
I'll probably get spanked by The Big N for posting in an OOC thread, but I felt something like this would be worth paying attention to:

What people seem to forget is that there are differing degrees of hostility, it's not as simple as the Red/Green/Yellow system implies. For example:

Fallen Angels are hostile to Crahn because, as someone has already pointed out, they're on different ends of a scale. One are techno zealots, the other are religous zealots; conflicting ideology and extreme xenohobia = war, as plenty of "IRL" examples have proven.

However, the Fallen Angels are hostile to Black Dragon as well....but far, FAR from the same degree. The Black Dragon are too low-brow and thuggish for the "refined" Angels to stomach; this is enough to incite hatred between the two but not a full-blown conflict.

Obviously this is just a general overview (Zealots will always be in all factions), but it's a guideline at the very least.

-Alash

*claps*

*still clapping*

*STILL CLAPPING*

*STANDING OVATION*

nice post alash thank god for that. someone who can explain it. so many people do not understand the degrees of friendship/rivalry u can incite in this game purely because of a dumb little screen known as f6. i ignore it. i deal to clans and individuals in what ever business i pursue. i use their faction simply as a guide and no more than this. Black dragon all the way baby. its all about the money..............

Dribble Joy
12-05-04, 21:29
Same with CM and BD/TG.

The level of hatred is nothing to CS/FA or CA/TG.

CM and BD are enemies because CM hired a BD outcast and promised protection from his former employers, which led to a general dislike with each other.

CM don't give a fuck about TG's ideology or aim (It could be said they would loose contracts if TG overthrows Reeza, but the companies would either still be there or a replacement installed), but the methods TG uses aren't to CMs likeing.

Clyde
13-05-04, 00:19
factions on saturn are shitty cause everyone ignores

factions are cool and all but get completely ignored by lots of players while fighting

Welcome to Beta :D , Back when SL and faction didnt mean shit. Back then you had to either know someone that had respect or have respect yourself inorder to chill in pepper park. Thats the way it should. There was none of that gay zone dance where people run left and right, to check the 2 zone points. Back then everyone would chill in the middle and just sit there and bs, and if someone came in noone knew, then it would be raining RGCs. Back then Neocron really had that futuristic, not safe anywhere, your on your own type feel to it and it seemed to lost it.

Eledhbrant
13-05-04, 00:51
I remember some people who were enemy to me when I was TT that wouldnt attack me when I entered PP right off, I was like o_O. He said "respect, man." "Cool."

Was interesting :)

John_Ravenhawk
13-05-04, 00:57
are there any missions in the factions where they have you directly

attack another faction or faction HQ.. I can't quite remember anyone know?

For companies at war it seems like they don't quite tip there hands.

Carinth
13-05-04, 04:14
are there any missions in the factions where they have you directly

attack another faction or faction HQ.. I can't quite remember anyone know?

For companies at war it seems like they don't quite tip there hands.

The BT and TT Epic's both have a mission to asassinate a npc in each other's HQ. Most of the Epics also have missions to kill hostile faction runners.

Crest
13-05-04, 09:54
Oh, boys, it's like real life. There are no *good* guys vs *bad* guys.

I disagree .... .I am a good guy therefore anyone I kill is a bad guy , I am the LAW...

On our new server we are playing the role of bad guys, were the Ass**** that sneak behind you and gank you while you are sexing droms ..... Then we are in a faction other have a 'DTA' attitude towards ....

SjanTeN^
13-05-04, 09:58
Yea its like when SoldierZ moved from FA to CA, and still had the same alliances, CA with TG and FA, and against Tanget etc. tell me whats wrong with that picture?

olavski
13-05-04, 10:05

Think we all have something like that after you change faction.

MkVenner
13-05-04, 10:09
Yea its like when SoldierZ moved from FA to CA, and still had the same alliances, CA with TG and FA, and against Tanget etc. tell me whats wrong with that picture?and u got that info from where...

NO TG are with us, some FA are and some aint....and against tangent....

when SoldierZ moved from FA they merged with Imposing Order. Imposing order kept the same alliances...anti BD/TG/Crahn etc......

chutza
13-05-04, 10:58
I get attacked more by BD than any enemy faction of PP . Crahn second to BD then FA which is neutral . As far as im concerned the whole pvp system of this game is worth shit . Its nothing more than a quake mmo so my advice is shoot whoever you want and fuck the whole RP of factions . Awesome game but as soon as you add people the whole purpose changes . Ive never seen more ill manered people in my life . Dont say its role playing because you wouldnt attack an ally if it were .

Agent L
13-05-04, 11:08
There are no *good* guys vs *bad* guys.

I disagree .... .I am a good guy therefore anyone I kill is a bad guy , I am the LAW...
kk, but that has nothing to do with factions, just personal RPing.

ezza
13-05-04, 12:30
factions suck, if you attack someone from hostile faction you'll hurt a allied faction

I hope they do a faction sympathy reset when doy hits:
bahh no reset took me a while to get all my symps to -99(except for crahn and BD)

SjanTeN^
13-05-04, 14:54
and u got that info from where...

NO TG are with us, some FA are and some aint....and against tangent....

when SoldierZ moved from FA they merged with Imposing Order. Imposing order kept the same alliances...anti BD/TG/Crahn etc......

Aight, i dont know who your trying to fool here but, when we show up to a OP war we can except to c, CA(not before, i luv CA) TG FA and mercs.. Thats it. Maybe they arent with you, but they still they help you in opwars and dont KoS you.

MkVenner
13-05-04, 14:57
are we playin on the same saturn?

or was i unconsious...

look at the map at about 10 PM GMT....then at about 9 AM GMT and notice the difference...

just noticed your in templars....DUDE WTF....since when have we attacked Temps, Temps have been and still are one of IO main allies....a different name dont change that.....u sure its the SoldierZ in CA and not the SoldierZ still left in FA that you mean?