PDA

View Full Version : Hackers have borked newbie quests

[NGI]Edmon
12-05-04, 03:47
Some people who think they are clever and have too much time on their hands have sandbagged throughout the HQ's of certain factions. This pervents access to anyone trying to finish the delivery quests, or anyone who just wants to explore inside the HQ's.

This problem is at its worst in N.E.X.T where sandbags mean you can't even use the lift to get to the top floor...

hope this will be sorted soon, didn't know where else to say it

Jest
12-05-04, 03:58
Hackers? o_O I suspect those were put there because people were leveling off the guards.

Psycho_Soldier
12-05-04, 04:05
Hackers... lol

Geth
12-05-04, 04:10
I noticed the barriers too and I agree they look like intentional coding by KK. You can get by the ones in NExt HQ, just run along the handrails at the sides. Its easier then it sounds.

petek480
12-05-04, 04:12
I noticed the barriers too and I agree they look like intentional coding by KK. You can get by the ones in NExt HQ, just run along the handrails at the sides. Its easier then it sounds.
You know it's against the rules to post exploits.

Geth
12-05-04, 06:05
Its not an exploit. It is difficult to run along the handrail and you fall off a lot, but it not that hard to do when are going slow and have nothing else bothing you. It would be near impossible to run along when fighting some guards, which would be an exploit along that bridge. I really doubt the barriers (which are about knee height) were ment to totally keep people out of the NExT head office.

petek480
12-05-04, 06:10
Its not an exploit. It is difficult to run along the handrail and you fall off a lot, but it not that hard to do when are going slow and have nothing else bothing you. It would be near impossible to run along when fighting some guards, which would be an exploit along that bridge. I really doubt the barriers (which are about knee height) were ment to totally keep people out of the NExT head office.
If they were put there to keep people out(if they weren't then wtf are you calling them barriers?) then no matter how easy it is to get around it, it is an exploit.

Geth
12-05-04, 06:15
Just go into the NEXT HQ and have a look for yourself. There is a line of little green and brown sandbags. Its actually pretty funny, it looks like some rats tried to reenact a WW1 trench line. :lol:

petek480
12-05-04, 06:19
Just go into the NEXT HQ and have a look for yourself. There is a line of little green and brown sandbags. Its actually pretty funny, it looks like some rats tried to reenact a WW1 trench line. :lol:
Ah, I didn't really pay attention to the first post since he was talking about hackers doing something so you coudln't get into the elevators or something so I didn't know there were real sandbags there, I just thought there was like an invisible wall or something.

[NGI]Edmon
12-05-04, 07:23
[ edited ]

Jest
12-05-04, 07:44
Edmon'][ edited ] Thanks for the American bash. I'll be sure to ignore your future posts and not help you with any further questions you have. Though at a rate of .02 posts per day I probably won't have that chance.

And btw he is Canadian.

Psycho_Soldier
12-05-04, 08:14
Edmon'][ edited ]

Amazing, bashing a country and calling someone a idiot. It's clear by your first post that you sir are the idiot. Therefore you have no room to talk. KTHX and STFU

Original monk
12-05-04, 08:53
Amazing, bashing a country and calling someone a idiot. It's clear by your first post that you sir are the idiot. Therefore you have no room to talk. KTHX and STFU

this entire thread is really cosey :wtf:

Psycho_Soldier
12-05-04, 08:56
what a cosey thread

OMG LIEK I NO!!11

*hugs*

o_O

Original monk
12-05-04, 09:00
OMG LIEK I NO!!11

*hugs*

hehe not you in particular, i allready changed my previous post, its the entire thread thats goin bezerk :P

Parappa
12-05-04, 09:02
"Don't look now but the british are coming." "Huh, where? That's not funny." -DotT

sir retail
12-05-04, 09:24
okey :lol: nice treath..

lets try again..
im at work now so i cant see how the bags look. so sorry for that.

but... can someone tell us if its a hack ? (i dont think so)
and if its not.. why are they put there.?

and .... i dont give a sh.... where ppl are from. i love you all.
(only when you are kind to animals)

Strych9
12-05-04, 12:53
The stuff in the NEXT HQ is there to stop the guards from entering the lifts, and thus being exploitable by runners. Its NOT there to stop runners. SO if you go around em, you are NOT exploiting as runners are SUPPOSED to go around em.

The bottom set at NEXT causes me problems when I run res missions in there. With enough ath/agl I think you can jump over em, but otherwise you gotta try and just walk through em, which happens maybe 1/50 tries. The top ones you just hop on the rail and walk by em.

If anyone else is running res missions, just stay up top when getting the next mission- dont drop down to the floor. Then you dont have to contend with the bottom "sandbags."

[NGI]Edmon
12-05-04, 14:13
[ edited ]

Original monk
12-05-04, 14:26
Edmon']November 2002

nib :P

hehe, spt 2002 here and i met this game at my neighbours house (around 2000 even 8| fuck time flies), punshing some peeps in plaza3 and getting owned by fatass mutants in pepperpark3 sewers :P daamn i love them memory's :)

so i can bash all i want he :p

hehe yust kidding, common people grow up and set youre diffrences aside :)

have fun, its worky worky fo me

THE_TICK!!!!
12-05-04, 14:40
bah politics..in neocron forums no less...im tired of hearing of people bashing my country...im not gonna finish this ...

[ edited ]

hmmm okay..lets see..1. im American and proud of it..2. Ive been all over the world and i dont think that America has a corner on the idiot market. 3. im 30 years old, and have been serving in the US military for 12 years. So i dont think ANYONE would consider me a CHILD. 4. the BASH you are refering too may have been PLAYFUL to you.but to me it sounded hatefull..and mean. 5. normally i would not have commented on this..but to be honest im stuck in the desert and ive seen BRITS hurt or dead..ITALIANS hurt or dead.. ROMANIANS, NEW ZEALANDERS, AUSTRALIANS, the works..and you know what..we have no differences we talk joke have a good time when we can..So it truly pisses me off to see things like this posted. so to you people that sit at home and play on your computers and bust on us AMERICANS..who at least TRY and do right even when we fuck it up most of the time..get bent.

t0tt3
12-05-04, 14:57
300 million inhabitans hmm someone would be a idiot/retard :D
Jest you canīt save all just keep your own back clean and noone will bother...

But then again why bash country wise all countries has something that aint that good... "there is nothing that is perfect"

So peace :D

EDIT: ONOZ!!!! petek480 broke the 1000 barrier!!!! :p

petek480
12-05-04, 14:58
Edmon'][ edited ]
Dude I would of payed attention to your first post if you didn't go fucking on about hackers blocking off areas in hqs and all that shit.

And btw he is Canadian.

No i'm not o_O

LiL T
12-05-04, 15:12
Edmon'][ edited ]

*CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

:wtf:

hivemind
12-05-04, 16:20
An insult isn't any less insulting because you smile when you say it, or because you attach a cute little smiley to it.

petek480
12-05-04, 16:35
An insult isn't any less insulting because you smile when you say it, or because you attach a cute little smiley to it.
It actually makes it more of an insult especially if you use the ^^ face thing but I won't get into that since I'd probably get banned if I do.

Jest
12-05-04, 16:38
Saying you have friends who are American even though you bash them is like being a racist but trying to play it off by saying you have a black friend. I don't care if you have American friends, there is a different between making a valid observation about American culture, as opposed to just making a random bash. Can you guess which one yours falls under?

[ edited ]

Mercuri
12-05-04, 16:50
I'm proud to be an American.....

;)

Judge
12-05-04, 17:00
Edmon']I've been on the internet a very long time, and moderate two forums.

And yet you thought that it was hackers ruining the noobies fun?

Interesting.

If you could hack the NC servers, don't you think that you would do something slightly more fun. Not just like place some sandbags to stop newbs. Especially when from evidence in this post they don't even stop noobs.

Dirk_Gently
12-05-04, 17:30
Edmon'][ edited ]

I ran an online discussion forum and publication for 3 years and we had members from over 100 different countries (including Israel and China). I had over 1400 death threats addressed to me personally as International Affairs Editor over this time, every single one of which came from the U.S..

We investigated it and figured that Americans are just brought up to speak their minds; and there is nothing wrong with that. ;)

[NGI]Edmon
12-05-04, 17:40
[ edited ]

[NGI]Edmon
12-05-04, 17:42
I ran an online discussion forum and publication for 3 years and we had members from over 100 different countries (including Israel and China). I had over 1400 death threats addressed to me personally as International Affairs Editor over this time, every single one of which came from the U.S..

We investigated it and figured that Americans are just brought up to speak their minds; and there is nothing wrong with that. ;)

Amen to that, death threats... one or two for me... Mostly I just get the OMG SUX0RZ Pm's that flood my inbox when I close a lame topic >_<.

petek480
12-05-04, 17:50
Edmon'][ edited ]
You called me an idiot for not really reading your first post becuase I thought you were one of those n00bs that cry hacker whenever something goes wrong(I still think you are one of those people). Now if you want to call me an idiot fine but then you took it a step further by insulting all americans and then expect people to take it lightly.

If you want to be jealous of americans fine but don't expect americans to take it lightly when you're insulting there country which they're proud of.

brackk
12-05-04, 18:02
I am american and reading the entire thread from the first post got quite a chuckle from edmon's snipe back at pete. The way you guys are trying to "draw and quarter" edmon for that snipe is also quite enjoyable.

t0tt3
12-05-04, 18:03
Here in sweden you canīt be a proud swede then you are a racist :p

One time we couldnt stand on you last day before summer time off school, and watch our flag with our national song. You canīt go inside a school with 100% pure swede or I love sweden or what ever you can see in US with US instead of sweden. They ban them from school and can even take it up to court.

Thats just a guilt that you canīt be proud of anything "jante law" No one is better then you and if she/he is then claim his right :p

So I am sort of envy of other countries that can really be proud of their own country I cant :(

Dirk_Gently
12-05-04, 18:48
So I am sort of envy of other countries that can really be proud of their own country I cant :(

One of my theses was on Patriotism and how it manifests itself. Basically many of the people who really wrapped themselves in their national flag, be it British, American, French whatever, turned out to be deeply unhappy and insecure.

Basically all of the "my country is better than yours, now kiss the flag" people turned out to be seriously screwed up in one way or the other. The healthy approach seemed to be "yeah my country is my home of course I love it" which is by all accounts perfectly natural.

You can be proud of your country without waving the flag etc as many of us are.

Jest
12-05-04, 19:10
Edmon'][ edited ]
Why would it matter if your point was proven if it wasn't a point to begin with? Remember it was a joke. You obviously have something against Americans. "So much hate to respond to?" Don't forget mate, I responded to YOUR hate first, so by all means leave that nonsense at the door. Please feel free to hate Americans all you want, but don't expect me not to call you an asshole for making a snide comment about my country especially since I went out of my way to answer your question.

As for me, I could have easily made fun of you for thinking that those walls were put by hackers, but I didn't did I? I answered you're question, and surprise surprise, I even read the first post. I'll try to hold back with the death threats too, though I can't promise anything, you know, because I'm American and all.

Dirk_Gently
12-05-04, 21:15
I'll try to hold back with the death threats too, though I can't promise anything, you know, because I'm American and all.

Ouch.......Paranoid

Not quite what I said, nothing wrong with speaking your mind.