PDA

View Full Version : What NC needs is

jernau
11-05-04, 22:01
MIDGETS.

Lots of games now have them. Why not NC?

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 22:04
cause NC are heightist!

giga191
11-05-04, 22:05
'Sadly all the midgets got wiped out by the mutants. THE END'

VetteroX
11-05-04, 22:10
jesus... ok, because you felt the need to troll in my thread, I'll do so in yours...

[ edited ]

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 22:13
jesus... ok, because you felt the need to troll in my thread, I'll do so in yours...

[ edited ]

I take it you have something against gravitationally challenged people too? Think about it, short people would be more of a challenge for you to pk!!

Cruzbroker
11-05-04, 22:22
... :wtf:
vet :lol:

jernau
11-05-04, 22:28
Vet - I offered you facts in your thread. The fact you choose to prove me right by acting like a 5-year-old does little to change anyones opinion of you.

I can't think of a single case of you providing anything useful or amusing to this community ever. If you think the same of me then you are entitled to your opinion no matter how retarded it is but why you think I would care is beyond me.

VetteroX
11-05-04, 22:42
facts? you offered nothing but trolling, when everyone but you and like 1 other person put in useful input.

Your threads are useless, and this thread isnt funny. Heres some advise... to be funny, you have to put in some effort... whats going on in neocron/community/world that I can poke fun at? then you put a funny spin on it... you cant just go "duh.... midgets are funny, ill put the word midget in a sentance, and that will be funny, duh"

As others of said, I have made many useful threads, on weapon balance, pvp balance, ideas for the game, and even making the game better for newbs... I made the thread ages ago about mc5 that actually got attention from GM's and KK, you have done nothing.

Last a lot of my threads cause fights, but most people LIKE that. They are at work, bored, and get to read my thread calling CM's or whoever noobs, and they get to argue, people insult each other, people not involved read it and laugh at people insulting each other... its entertainment. Many, many of mythreads keep getting responded to, page after page, until GM's finnaly close them. People dont respond unless they feel they can put in useful input or they are being entertained, either way, its a good thing.

To be honest, if I hadnt replied to this thread and flamed you, it would proably have died after 3 comments.... because it really doesnt deserve anyones attention.

jernau
11-05-04, 22:46
[ edited ]

If you need it spelled out without humour :

I think NC needs more variation in player height and build. Almost all the latest MMORPGs have this in some degree and it makes the game look a LOT more realistic. KK are improving character design for BDoY and I would like to see this included.

[ edited ]

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 22:49
It could also do with more realistic movement of body parts in my opinion...

jiggly jubblies!!!!11

Aziraphale
11-05-04, 22:50
[ edited ]

Opar
11-05-04, 22:51
this game needs orcs. and goblins. and magical creatures that go whoooooo and like to eat carrots..

giga191
11-05-04, 22:55
[ edited ]

If you need it spelled out without humour :

I think NC needs more variation in player height and build. Almost all the latest MMORPGs have this in some degree and it makes the game look a LOT more realistic. KK are improving character design for BDoY and I would like to see this included.

[ edited ]
Im not against a slight variation of height but i dont see how having midgets in the game can help improve the atmosphere. You can have your small people at maybe 160cm and you tall people at 200cm but having say a 100cm person would a) be kinda strange o_O b) Be much harder to hit

jernau
11-05-04, 22:55
this game needs orcs. and goblins. and magical creatures that go whoooooo and like to eat carrots..
No, not all that stuff but people of varying heights.

Look at the Ryzom trailers for a good idea of what I mean. They have some flyby shots of city areas full of people. Having a wide variety of builds makes crowds look much, much more realistic.

/edit - @giga : Strange, sure but NC is set in a pretty wierd world already. Why has every other species mutated beyond recognition but humans have become more standardised than they are now?

Kasumi
11-05-04, 22:57
No, not all that stuff but people of varying heights.

Look at the Ryzom trailers for a good idea of what I mean. They have some flyby shots of city areas full of people. Having a wide variety of builds makes crowds look much, much more realistic.
Neocron needs options to change height.. I hope we can get good options customisation with BDOY like Lineage II or Ryzom.. ^^

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 22:58
I'm not sure the NC engine could handle the kind of customisation that is in Ryzom, everything from height to eye colour to jaw size.

Kasumi
11-05-04, 22:59
I'm not sure the NC engine could handle the kind of customisation that is in Ryzom, everything from height to eye colour to jaw size.
It probably cant.. :( Lets hope it can or I will not have anything left to do in Neocron.. :/

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 23:01
I belive there are some customisation with DOY, but with other games, its been built in from scratch, not added on at the end as an after thought.

giga191
11-05-04, 23:02
/edit - @giga : Strange, sure but NC is set in a pretty wierd world already. Why has every other species mutated beyond recognition but humans have become more standardised than they are now?
You can't say that a midget holding a CS which is twice the size of him would look very realistic

BombShell
11-05-04, 23:03
it needs alot more :)

jernau
11-05-04, 23:05
It might do with BDoY though. We can hope.

I'm not asking for something as detailed as CoH but if it doesn't get a bit more than we have now is going to look pretty outdated IMO. Character design is a big selling point in MMO games these days.

Sorry Kasumi but IMO L2 was a big let-down wrt character design. I expected it to be really amazing considering the gfx engine but it was worse than NC.

@giga - hmmm I see what you mean... I dunno though it might be funny and I doubt many people would go for the shortest form anyway if there were no tactical advantage (ie same size hitbox).

Kasumi
11-05-04, 23:07
It might do with BDoY though. We can hope.

I'm not asking for something as detailed as CoH but if it doesn't get a bit more than we have now is going to look pretty outdated IMO. Character design is a big selling point in MMO games these days.

Sorry Kasumi but IMO L2 was a big let-down wrt character design. I expected it to be really amazing considering the gfx engine but it was worse than NC.I dont think it is worse than NC because there is no customisation in Neocron almost.. ^^

Someone agrees with me for once!! *thought she was hated by everyone* ^_^

giga191
11-05-04, 23:09
http://www.alanjohns.fsnet.co.uk/goldmember/mini-me-2.jpg