PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Food Recipe???

Kasumi
11-05-04, 21:52
What is everyones favorite food recipe(s)?? Anyway I would like to know everyones favorite recipe for food! Well I will share mine in a bit.. I will drink some tea and look through my english dictionary and post my favorite after that. hehe I dont know all english words.. So now share you FAVORITE FOOD RECIPE!! ^^

SilentEye
11-05-04, 21:57
My favorite food would be: Kasumi's self baked birthday cake! :D

Now to be honest, I have always loved chinese food, we have some good chinese restaurants here but I have no idea about the recipe's :(

Kasumi
11-05-04, 21:59
My favorite food would be: Kasumi's self baked birthday cake! :D

Now to be honest, I have always loved chinese food, we have some good chinese restaurants here but I have no idea about the recipe's :(
My husband likes it too.. I love CAKE!! ^_^ Its the best way to my heart.. :)

SilentEye
11-05-04, 22:00
I like banana cake honestly, and strawberry cake, and chocolate cake...
Heck, I love every sort of cakes that tastes sweet ^.^

Silent

giga191
11-05-04, 22:04
CRUSHED RAW DANISH 'YUM YUM' NOODLES WITH SEASONING ON (only chicken and duck flavour are good like that)

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 22:09
hmm, there was this chef we had once, and he made this lasagne with herbs and spices and stuff, the cheese was all light, and it was the most delicious lasagne ever. no idea how he made it, but its my fav recepie ever.

/edit @ below - aye, italian food > italian people :p :angel:

Glorfindel
11-05-04, 22:10
Any italian food ;)

Dont like italians tho lol

phunqe
11-05-04, 22:44

Afraid of a little competition? ;)

:D

*whips out half-italian mad skills*

ZoomZoom
11-05-04, 22:59
heres what u do :)

gets 2 eggs ickle bit of milk stir up in a bow leave that for a while.Then cut up some bacon into small squares not too small tho :mad: then put that in the pan and cook then cut some cheese and some onion cut them up.Then put the onion into the pan with the bacon then put the egg and milk put into the pan cook for a while then put the cheese into pan then cook for a while turn over then fold over then eat it. :)

*runs off for food*

giga191
11-05-04, 23:12
heres what u do :)

gets 2 eggs ickle bit of milk stir up in a bow leave that for a while.Then cut up some bacon into small squares not too small tho :mad: then put that in the pan and cook then cut some cheese and some onion cut them up.Then put the onion into the pan with the bacon then put the egg and milk put into the pan cook for a while then put the cheese into pan then cook for a while turn over then fold over then eat it. :)

*runs off for food*
Hmm, seems that some1 has been watching their mum cook :p

amfest
11-05-04, 23:20
Doomreaper stew with mashed roaches

stebedford
11-05-04, 23:23
mmmmmmmmmmmm cooking :)

Im a wannabe Jamie Oliver in the kitchen lol

Gotta say the best thing is meat balls and spaghetti with Ben & Jerrys Ice cream for afters :)

StryfeX
11-05-04, 23:24
Doomreaper stew with mashed roachesBit spicy for my tastes. :D

I think my favorite recipe that I can think of off the top of my head is Pineapple Upside-down Cake. Don't have an actual recipe for it on-hand though.

--Stryfe

Kasumi
11-05-04, 23:24
If people want I would like to see Ingredients and instructions on how to make your favorite"recipe" :)

Lafiel
11-05-04, 23:30
Shrimp Scampi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oinwww

Maester Seymour
11-05-04, 23:44
I love most Italian food too...

My Gran used to make this real nice meal called Holupsi, not sure exactly where it originated from but it was like stuffed cabbage rolls with meat & rice inside with a tomato sauce. Sounds kinda weird but it was yummy :p

Dont really know the recipe cos she's not around to ask anymore :/

Spoon
12-05-04, 03:53
Any italian food ;)

:wtf:

Expect a visit from my uncle Dominic soon......

Clive tombstone
12-05-04, 04:16
MY favorite (I got the recipe from emirils, but its exactly how me mum makes it [as well as me now ^_^])

4 cheese Mac-n-cheese (mum variation was with some extra cheese (so its 5 cheese Mac-n-cheese ^^" drools")

4 tablespoons butter, plus 2 tablespoons, plus 1 tablespoon
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups half and half
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon Emeril's Red Hot Sauce
8 1/2 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, or other good-quality parmesan cheese (about 2 cups)
1 pound elbow macaroni
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
4 ounces grated fontina cheese
4 ounces grated gruyere cheese
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon Essence or Creole Seasoning

In a heavy, medium saucepan melt 4 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and whisk in the half and half little by little. Cook until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat, season with the salt, pepper, hot sauce and 4 ounces of the grated parmesan. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Cover and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt to taste and, while stirring, add the macaroni. Return to a boil, reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for about 5 minutes, or until macaroni is very al dente (slightly undercooked). Drain in a colander and return the macaroni to the pot. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and the garlic and stir to combine. Add the bechamel sauce and stir until well combined. Set aside.

Using the remaining tablespoon of butter, grease a 3-quart baking dish or casserole and set aside.

In a large bowl combine 4 ounces of the remaining parmesan cheese, cheddar, fontina and gruyere cheeses. Toss to combine.

Place one-third of the macaroni in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with one-third of the mixed cheeses. Top with another third of the macaroni and another third of the cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining macaroni and cheese mixture. In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, remaining 1/2 ounce of grated parmesan, and the Essence and toss to combine. Sprinkle this over the top of the macaroni and cheese.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the macaroni and cheese is bubbly and hot and the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.

Best served with Wine/Cranberry cocktail (I perfer cranberry juice"me=non-alcohal person ^^)

PS-Holupsi is polish, which me mum can make very well (I love me mom!)

Geth
12-05-04, 04:50
Alrighty, I'll try and list one of my favorites from memory (I'm at work right now). The original recipe is from a "Wok with Yan cookbook"
*Important* If you don't know how to deep fry something, don't even try this recipe. I don't want anyone to burn down their kitchen. :eek:

Sweet and Sour Chicken liver:

Boil a medium pot of water with a tablespoon of chopped ginger in it. Put in the pot a pound or so of cleaned chicken livers you can get at a supermarket.

You need to "blanch" the livers, which means boil them for only a few minutes and don't let them boil-over. If you boil them too much, the liver will become like rubber. :p *yuck*

This is where it gets a bit weird.

Drain the pot and let it cool for a few minutes. Fill pot with enough brandy to cover the livers. You don't need good brandy, really cheap stuff will do, heck I even used Dry Vermouth once, and it was still pretty good ;) . Cover the pot and let it sit, don't heat it at all, for about 30 minutes. I usually make the rice in the meantime, any common white rice works fine.

While you are waiting you should also prepare some oil to deep fry the livers in. I usually use a Wok with Canola oil, but you could use any method you know of. When the 30 minutes is up drain the bandy (or whatever you used, PLEASE don't drink it) and put the livers in the oil when it is good and hot. Cook them till they are just getting crispy and start to float around the surface of the oil. Should only take 5 or 10 minutes to cook the livers.

As for sauce, you could just use any sweet and sour sauce you have, but I like to make my own. I use about a cup of ketsup, a tablespoon of brown suger, a tablespoon of vingar, a tablespoon of whostishire sauce and thicken with corn starch and water. The sauce is all an estimate because I just throw it together.

Serve the liver on a plate of rice, with lots of sauce on it. Makes enough for about 2 or 3 people.
I hope that makes sense. Enjoy! :D

PS- Clive, good recipe, I once made something like that, though it ended up more like a pizza, it was still good though. :)

Glorfindel
12-05-04, 08:27
Originally Posted by Glorfindel
Any italian food

Expect a visit from my uncle Dominic soon......

Lol dont take it personal, its just my personal experience :p
Tho i met 1 that was cool :rolleyes:

Psycho_Soldier
12-05-04, 08:44
Simple recipe.. yet fucking awesome.

My grandpa kept it as a secret till the day he died. Thankfully his mom was the one that taught him and she told me.

1 boiled potato

Lots of powdered sugar, usually around 4 pounds or so

1 - 2 Jars of your favorite penut butter

Peel the potato, and smash it up, mix the powdered sugar while the potatoe is still hot until it gets doughy.

Roll the dough out and spread penut butter or whatever filling comes to mind that you think would be good. Then fold it over so none of the filling is showing or very little, be careful that it doesn't break, and it breaks pretty easy if you leave it sit too long, especially once it cools off.

After its all folded. slice it into pieces and put them on a dish or tray and then put it in the freezer till they get almost frozen, then eat. You don't taste the potato or anything so don't worry about it, I know it sounds odd..
My favorite candy ever, mostly because of my grandpa.

Original monk
12-05-04, 08:51
im sorry but my favourite recipe is a secret recipe :P

Parappa
12-05-04, 08:58
Meat, lots of meat.

Garg [RogueNET]
12-05-04, 09:32
Swedish Meatballs > You all

phunqe
12-05-04, 11:44
MY favorite (I got the recipe from emirils, but its exactly how me mum makes it [as well as me now ^_^])

4 cheese Mac-n-cheese (mum variation was with some extra cheese (so its 5 cheese Mac-n-cheese ^^" drools")

Ok I was about to go "*mumble* Americans and their mac and cheese *mumble*", but since I read this

8 1/2 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
(spelled correctly even)

I'll let it slide for now :p ;)

Napalm82
12-05-04, 14:39
A lot of minced meat.
Lotsa chilli, paprica, jalapeņos, baked beans or chilli beans, salsa sauce, chilli marinaded garlic and of course some onions.

Drop the meat in a pot, brown it all over and add all the other stuff.
Let it simmer down to a "Not so watery substance" (Forgot the word :lol: )
Make sure its nice and spicy, if not add more chilli and jalapeņos.

Stick it in a taco shell or a tortilla and add cheese..

Yum yum...good eating...

- Napalm

rob444
12-05-04, 15:40
Well, my recipe is rather simple. Take your wallet go to mcdonalds, give them money and tada! You got a hamburger!

Clive tombstone
12-05-04, 15:45
Ok I was about to go "*mumble* Americans and their mac and cheese *mumble*", but since I read this

Lol, I can understand that, personally though I eat allot of asian and european food ^^, since im southern californian, I eats lots of mexican food and avicados :D . But Ill always love me moms Mac-n-Cheese.

PS its the strong cheese'se I like, it gives the object allot of body and flavour