PDA

View Full Version : Merge Pluto with something.. It'd DEAD!

Vid Gamer
11-05-04, 19:04
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL174/2015288/3901580/53443268.jpg

It's starting to become a real problem. Forget Neptune or whatever, just merge Pluto with Uranus or something and make it 4 characters.

ResurgencE
11-05-04, 19:06
Merge Saturn and Pluto.

MrBiggles
11-05-04, 19:09
all the servers are dying...i've only been playing a few months and the population has halved on Saturn just in the time I've been playing

ZoomZoom
11-05-04, 19:16
merge pluto with uranus because i wanna try out a new server with the same amount of ppl as saturn :)

ps that screenshot isnt so bad i saw it with 18 peeps on once :)

Marx
11-05-04, 19:29
No real point in merging at this time.

I mean, the populations have gone down on all the servers, its just that you see them moving around. I mean, pops on uranus are just as bad as plutos' depending on the hours you play... So why not merge all the servers then?

:p

MrChumble
11-05-04, 19:52
Pluto dead? Nonsense. I saw someone else on it just the other day.

Heavyporker
11-05-04, 19:53
damn mergeoiks. leave pluto alone. you'll only make more people leave.

MrChumble
11-05-04, 19:57
damn mergeoiks. leave pluto alone. you'll only make more people leave.

Indeed. Just 3 1/2 months to wait now. Get all your chars capped or something. That is if you can find anyone else to level with. Or like shooting dumb mobs for hours and hours on your own.

I don't want a server merge, it would suck. But seeing Pluto (and neocron in general) in such a sorry state makes me sad :( I only bitch about it cos I care.

jernau
11-05-04, 20:18
I've seen it under 10 several times in the last few weeks.

Saturn seems a little busier these days but I'm not sure.

MrChumble
11-05-04, 20:22
[19:23] (+MrChumble): DoY is going to be the win, but it's gonna be a dull road to get there
[19:23] (@Foosty|wrk): yep
[19:24] (@Foosty|wrk): ohh did anyone move all of nekos stuff? :p
[19:24] (+MrChumble): like going to disney land by freight train
[19:24] (+MrChumble): er no
[19:24] (+MrChumble): did you cancel him?
[19:24] (@Foosty|wrk): not yet
[19:24] (@Foosty|wrk): but i want to :(
[19:24] (+MrChumble): fool
[19:24] (+MrChumble): it's only £15 to keep him going til DoY
[19:24] (+MrChumble): and DoY will be the win
[19:25] (@Foosty|wrk): but thats 3 manga books! :)

Gotta keep it in perspective ;)

giga191
11-05-04, 20:27
Silly stuborn plutonians. They'll thank us later if we merge

zii
11-05-04, 21:18
merge pluto with uranus.

MrChumble
11-05-04, 21:30
Haven't KK already said they're not going to merge the servers because they'll need the space once DoY comes?

That's a valid enough argument on its own; add that "90% of the people on pluto don't read the forums and probably don't want a merge" and you can rate the chance of it actually happening at around 5%.

For my part I don't want a merge, I want to have lots of capped chars to impress the noobies with when DoY comes, then I'll recruit them all into CIX and we'll crush you, crush you all!!! MHUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!~@!@!~~!@!

KeithMyath
11-05-04, 21:47
lots of people bitch about low server counts on pluto, not that you shouldnt bitch, but comeon, you chose the server _where you only get one char_. When i started i saw the population counts, said hey im english and went to Saturn, because im playing a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game, not some some shit where i might be with 100 people and only get a single character. seriously instead of crying MERGE MERGE, just start a new character in a server with more people and go with it, i mean sept 1 is still a longs ways away and you could get someone capped by then if you wanted to.

Drake6k
11-05-04, 21:52
Why not Jupiter!??

Benjie
11-05-04, 21:54
Why is it all the saturn folk are the ones demanding pluto be merged?
As someone who has always played on pluto (sine jan2003) I say.

No!
*rates this thread as terrible*

Cr33p3r
11-05-04, 21:59
yea sod off whit that merge idea if we merge and your have the bad chance wer on the same server i chase you from neocron to doy and back them doy unit dont scare me that easy

giga191
11-05-04, 22:01
Don't merge the servers. If the plutonians want to stay on pluto then let them be. But don't go moaning about low server population on pluto when you can just go to saturn u stuborn !@&*(*)&^%$

Vid Gamer
11-05-04, 22:01

No!

Whatever.

I dunno about you guys but playing with no more then 50 people at ALL TIMES is boring as fuck.

VetteroX
11-05-04, 22:06
If any of you really wanted to play on a server with more people, you would bite the bullet and just move to saturn... I did in september. Sure, the first few weeks suck and you miss your capped chars with mc5 chips... but then you cap your first saturn char, hunt some mobs, do some mc5, and your rich again.

KK isnt gonna merge anything... you gotta realize that. If you want more people, leave uranus, leave pluto, and go to saturn. Why saturn? same reason I went long ago, its got the most people... pure and simple... go where the people are. Leave the people who insist "oh pluto and uranus have a nicer atmosphere" well, leave em, and let all 10 of em have their nice atmosphere, and you can go play with other people.

KeithMyath
11-05-04, 22:09
I dunno about you guys but playing with no more then 50 people at ALL TIMES is boring as fuck.
that might be why people keep saying go to a populated server instead of try to get your way (which, chances are is a minority view)

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 22:12
no thanks, leave pluto alone, if you merge it/remove it, the people who might come back before doy, will think "fuck that".

MrChumble
11-05-04, 22:16
It's hard to muster the enthusiasm to start over on a different server. I've got 4 decent level chars on pluto, lots of money and rares (through months of hunting and leveling) and know lots of people there.

Easier just to not log on and do other stuff for a few months, such as sit on the forums and moan about shit.

giga191
11-05-04, 22:16
no thanks, leave pluto alone, if you merge it/remove it, the people who might come back before doy, will think "fuck that".
Exactly. Leave the little plutonians with their low server count til they release that they really need to move to a real man's/woman's server like saturn.

INFERNO22
11-05-04, 22:23
DONT MERGE PLUTO!!!!! ALL u people Making posts like Merge pluto with server [X] and "this server is dead" like shit it is ! there are plenty of people who play pluto , You people make these stupid posts ,like most of you dont play pluto anyway so stfu, the argument is for thos who PLAY pluto REGULALLY not when there bord and go to an other server, if so u play pluto and you left to another server,STAY THERE you find it better than pluto fine, go play that server ,FFS leave us who play pluto and like it as it is alone, I admit that the population is low its because you leave and complain about it,SIMPLE fix DONT leave no need to complain. Pluto is where all teh elite play, we like it its not populated hundreds of ppl Lvl'n is more fun its easier,(more mobs to kill ,les pkers) You want a good time get on down to pluto and chill out ,but for the love god stop making piece of shit posts about merging it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jest
11-05-04, 22:29
Exactly. Leave the little plutonians with their low server count til they release that they really need to move to a real man's/woman's server like saturn. Giga191 Im tempted to start a character on Saturn, level him, kill you, sex your corpse, then delete the char never to play on Saturn again.

I could care less about starting over. I just don't want to play on a 4 char server. I'd love to see Pluto merge with another server but there just isnt any other server it could merge with besides Jupiter and I highly doubt that would happen.

Id love to see player count rise. Perhaps adding another char slot, or perhaps getting those test server patches into retail.

But whatever the case, Id rather play on an empty Pluto than a full Saturn any day of the week. Enjoy the high population while you can ladies. ;)

phunqe
11-05-04, 22:33
This is pluto Plaza 1 yesterday evening btw... (sorry for the crappy brightness)... Was pretty pleased with the crowd :p

http://www.pbase.com/image/28868503/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/28868505/original.jpg

BombShell
11-05-04, 22:34
yah just lieve them if thay really want to come to us then let them. i dont want the pluto community i polayed pluto i think its much worst them saturn only thing pluto seems to whine about saturn really is the high prices.

plun. just a ? is that all the 27 peeps on saturn sitting around having nothin to do :).

if u should more screens such asmb then we will talk because peeps go to were their more peeps.

giga191
11-05-04, 22:44
Giga191 Im tempted to start a character on Saturn, level him, kill you, sex your corpse, then delete the char never to play on Saturn again.

I could care less about starting over. I just don't want to play on a 4 char server. I'd love to see Pluto merge with another server but there just isnt any other server it could merge with besides Jupiter and I highly doubt that would happen.

Id love to see player count rise. Perhaps adding another char slot, or perhaps getting those test server patches into retail.

But whatever the case, Id rather play on an empty Pluto than a full Saturn any day of the week. Enjoy the high population while you can ladies. ;)
I'm sure that if you thought about it carefully you would find out that saturn has a higher server count because ppl would rather play on a 4 char server. I'm just trying to say that you can't force people to play on a server that they would rather not play on. If you choose to play on pluto you make the choice to share the view of the minority of the community, so don't complain about the server count.

Brammers
11-05-04, 22:48
Word from me Leave Pluto alone!

...that is all

Mordillo
11-05-04, 23:04
rofl inferno how fun to hear that from u... about the elite guys
all elite guys of pluto left only because they were doing no fight for the low popolution and the only ppl that play pluto now are mostly not pvpers(the elite ppls u said)... all pvpers moved to saturn and jupi to get some pvp

btw vet do you have any char on jupi or still got the tank on pluto? i want to duel ya :)

Jest
12-05-04, 00:08
I'm sure that if you thought about it carefully you would find out that saturn has a higher server count because ppl would rather play on a 4 char server. I'm just trying to say that you can't force people to play on a server that they would rather not play on. If you choose to play on pluto you make the choice to share the view of the minority of the community, so don't complain about the server count.
Giga here is you. <------------------------------------------> Here is the point of complaints of low population.

No one is trying to force any one to play on Pluto. I'm not advocating a mandatory play on Pluto day where every server is closed but Pluto. I'm not going to come to your house with a gun and give you the choice of playing Pluto or getting shot in the foot. I'm not going to create a Saturn character and gank you till you decide to play Pluto. I could give a shit about Saturn just as you could give a shit about Pluto. In fact people like you is a large reason why I stay on Pluto to begin with. Discussions about Pluto concern you zero, which is the opposite of posting in this thread.

I complain about low server count because this is an MMO and because most games of UT2004 have more players than my server. I try to encourage KK to find solutions in raising Pluto from the dead instead of just abandoning it and focusing on the populated server like they seem to have done. Perhaps, oh I don't, running some events on Pluto or adding NPCs or hurrying up with that retail patch would be some good outcomes of our concern for our server.

BombShell
12-05-04, 00:12
hehe jest. the goal most peeps are trying to do is force peeps to hav a bigger server. since pluto is a sad waste of space sorry to say thay figure we can take their small communty over here. but if it was really bad y do thay keep playing. of course u love it like how i love saturn. am not forceing u but thats just the idea that i get from everyone else :) its not them wanting u its them needing u :)

and am sorry its hard to think of ways to boost pluto pop. really anything great u get we get. best solution for u is to merge to a bigger server were not mergeing to a smaller ;).

its the fact u hav less chars is one reason y its so low. everyone on the 4 server got a trade skiller pvp a hunter or a lvler. thjay can come up with anything thay want and not be bored. well on pluto peeps work hard on one guy and goes ok wut now am capped. ok new server and leiving u high and dry. but if u want to come to saturn ur always welcome could always use mroe peeps but am not goin to cry about it.

DonnyJepp
12-05-04, 00:35
If they wish to have a viable product to release with all the DOY hype they will have to merge all 5 servers in order to thoroughly test the new netcode.

What's the point in re-releasing the game if it still crashes with 100 people in a zone?

Basically before DOY can come out NC as we know it has to die. If they don't get 500 people on 1 single server without technical issues before DOY comes out then we can assume that the whole effort is doomed.

Shadow Dancer
12-05-04, 00:40
Don't merge pluto. Yes the evil part of me wants no merge. The evil part of me wants pluto to die, so that all the fools who say "omfg there's nothing wrong" and say no to everything, will have no one to play with anymore. Then maybe they will stop being in denial.

Prodigious
12-05-04, 00:57
KK isnt gonna merge anything... you gotta realize that. If you want more people, leave uranus, leave pluto, and go to saturn. Why saturn? same reason I went long ago, its got the most people... pure and simple... go where the people are

nice people
nice atmosphere
nice ECONOMY

i aint got time to go raising millions of credits hunting(camping) at MC5 and sellin parts, or roll a spy contructor and/or barter to help with troop,carrier building / selling

saturns fucked and its took me a yr and 1/2 to get where i am not (almost skint again now) i cant fit a yr and 1/2 in 3 months even now i know what im doing

I CANT !!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Vid Gamer
12-05-04, 01:18
Don't merge pluto. Yes the evil part of me wants no merge. The evil part of me wants pluto to die, so that all the fools who say "omfg there's nothing wrong" and say no to everything, will have no one to play with anymore. Then maybe they will stop being in denial.

Yes, thank you. You are all in freakin' denial. Would you rather have a 1 char slot (which really isn't 1, since the 50 constant people on Pluto are really 10 people with 3 alts each) and 50 people max or four character slots with probably over 200 people at max?

Hey, if you guys wanna play with 10 people, that's cool, but when DoY comes I'll be moving servers (only if they move over EVERYTHING, if not, I'll just quit and play Matrix Online :lol:]

ezza
12-05-04, 01:22
i think the hope is that DoY will bring the numbers in, so no server merge is gonna happen at least not yet.

though it dont look good for pluto atm.

Lafiel
12-05-04, 01:28
Aaaaaaaaaaghhhhhh H Hhhhhhh Im Going Crazzzzzzy Being In Solitary

Clownst0pper
12-05-04, 01:39
Sorry but I find pluto players stuck up, this whole elitest server, and to leave it alone.

It has 47 players on average, THAT IS A FUCKING MORGUE -

Shit, i cant find anything to do with 350 players on, never mind 47,

Jesus fucking christ get some perspective, if pluto was the only server, and had 47 players on, the game would be classed as a failure, and dead.

Yet U dont see it like that, why because pluto keeps going just because the other servers have a good population, what a mock.

Drop the im l337 on a one char server, I like it how it is, and experiance Neocron with a population above 50, u mind find that getting a poker doesnt take 2 weeks in the hope the 48th player might come online, who just might be a poker.

Pluto - what a joke

Benjie
12-05-04, 01:41
Pluto will never die, becase there are a lot of people who prefere a quiet playerbase. Me, and several other people I have spoken to on pluto. Saturn is a larger playerbase, and if you don't like the size of pluto, then move there. It *really* isn't that hard.

Cyphor
12-05-04, 01:52
imo the only way to make nc a true mmo with the server counts as they are atm would be to merge all the servers :eek: unfortunatly i dont think a single server can handle more than 600 people and stay stable. Also it could be even more depressing seeing the whole count as one constantly bellow 1000 :(

Anyway as for pluto, i dont think kk want to merge as they want to keep the server for doy, however i dont see a problem in letting people transfer their chars.

Vid Gamer
12-05-04, 02:16
Me, and several other people I have spoken to on pluto.

So basically 90% of the server?

El_MUERkO
12-05-04, 02:37
hehehe yeah leave pluto alone, at least now theres no lag!!

I've played CS on servers with more people, go kk!

uber java
12-05-04, 03:13
merge pluto with uranus because i wanna try out a new server with the same amount of ppl as saturn :)

ps that screenshot isnt so bad i saw it with 18 peeps on once :)
I am 100% NOT in favor of moving people from Pluto to Uranus because, if you remember, Uranus has the most server problems than any other server in the cluster.

Plus a server merge will not make hardly anyone happy, except for maybe 10% of the Neocron population. The only way to make the customers happy is one thing, and no not BDoY, but advertising to get more people interested in the game. I doubt just BDoY will "save" Neocron, Right now I doubt anything can "save" Neocron right now, but if KK wants to let Neocron have a chance of staying alive, they need to start advertising

Another thing the GMs could do the possibly "boost" server populations, is have events, like every other day, or weekly events, post info about them on the forums, ingame Neocron Forums, Server Messages, etc so people will start coming back to play the game.

Heavyporker
12-05-04, 03:29
before you slay about events on Pluto, realize that there's been a lot of events on pluto lately.

Not to mention that there's something HUGE coming on Pluto alone soon... tee hee hee, Can't say anything about it now...

ou7blaze
12-05-04, 05:04
Events with 5 people :o

Anyways since when did Uranus have the most server problems? isn't it more likely to be Saturn with the increased people ??

KeithMyath
12-05-04, 05:31
i dont think anyone should ever mention merging all the servers into one for BDOY again, a purely retarded idea, is there even one person who doesnt have characters on more than one server. really the whole merging idea is wrong, quit yet bitching, if you want a bigger population, move to a server with a bigger population, dont expect to have it come to you via a merge. if you started your char on pluto cause you wanted to be with the "leets" (right...) then thats your fuckin problem. this thread has really gotta get closed, the no merge to merge ratio must be 10:1.

Vid Gamer
12-05-04, 06:12
i dont think anyone should ever mention merging all the servers into one for BDOY again, a purely retarded idea, is there even one person who doesnt have characters on more than one server. really the whole merging idea is wrong, quit yet bitching, if you want a bigger population, move to a server with a bigger population, dont expect to have it come to you via a merge. if you started your char on pluto cause you wanted to be with the "leets" (right...) then thats your fuckin problem. this thread has really gotta get closed, the no merge to merge ratio must be 10:1.

Shut up, n00b. Maybe I don't want to move to a new server and start over and get all the crap I got with hard work.

Damn, if only KK brought that character transfer now..

Freaky Fryd
12-05-04, 06:53

Agreed, but I'm curious as to which server you've experienced that on...?
Pluto currently varies from 18 to 120 people (numbers I've seen in the last week), so that must not be it...
;)

But whatever the case, Id rather play on an empty Pluto than a full Saturn any day of the week.

Amen to that, Jest!
Even some of the clannies that I know have tried Saturn, didn't enjoy it. A couple of them went as far as saying that if they weren't playing on Pluto, they'd rather be not playing NC, than play on Saturn...

Also, a clan member from Saturn told me something 'strange' today...
Something along the lines of: "wtf, you guys on pluto are really polite"
Apparently, today on Pluto, someone asked him if he minded them hunting in the same zone as him...
:p
I chose Pluto because it has one character slot. I stay because of the community, attitude and general 'feeling'

Do not merge Pluto with anything. Promote the game properly and release DOY. It will either fix the lack of population, or all the servers will die together.

enigma_b17
12-05-04, 07:27
i seriously doubt kk are going to merge servers until doy, i imagine theyr going to be assumin a large player base so theyll need all servers :)

Garg [RogueNET]
12-05-04, 09:36
90% of Pluto is like 9 ppl :wtf:

FBI
12-05-04, 10:46
Okay some posts against and for the merge made me mad enough to reply to
them, I won't boast but only a few of us have the right to even question the
future of pluto.. Because we earned it that priviledge. Some of you wern't even
around when pluto was the biggest server, and started playing with plutos counts
dropped just as saturn climbed... I'll explain why at the bottom of my post.

Now to reply to .. well almost all replies good and bad..

(img)
It's starting to become a real problem. Forget Neptune or whatever, just merge Pluto with Uranus or something and make it 4 characters.
I feel ya, it's a strain, drain, pain, making u insane... bite it dude, be patient.

Pluto's count will go back up, saturns will drop.. i'll explain below..

Merge Saturn and Pluto.
No thanks.. That's the chemistry for an atomic bomb equivilance.

No real point in merging at this time.

I mean, the populations have gone down on all the servers, its just that you see them moving around. I mean, pops on uranus are just as bad as plutos' depending on the hours you play... So why not merge all the servers then?

Aka stock market server counts. All servercounts are dropping though, has
been for months as people slowly leave/stop playing/put it off. Merging wont
do jack, it will not solve anything. Now now or later.

Silly stuborn plutonians. They'll thank us later if we merge
Stubborn, not even close. _You'll_ thank me that we don't merge.

lots of people bitch about low server counts on pluto, not that you shouldnt bitch, but comeon, you chose the server _where you only get one char_. When i started i saw the population counts, said hey im english and went to Saturn, because im playing a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game, not some some shit where i might be with 100 people and only get a single character. seriously instead of crying MERGE MERGE, just start a new character in a server with more people and go with it, i mean sept 1 is still a longs ways away and you could get someone capped by then if you wanted to.
Key words there, "When you started", well when i started Pluto was the
reincarnation of Neptune from beta4... Everyone, from beta4... the best players
at the time, went to play on pluto.. It was decided in beta that we'd all go
there as it was 1 char and would be hardcore. No one saw it comming that
saturns lower servercount would surpass later on...Truth is, saturn consists
of bored capped players from pluto/uranus/jupiter and the newcommers. The
saturn born players there are a different story, np to yous.

No!
Because most of them are pluto based and followed the bandwagon that is
of saturn. Perhaps they are getting sick of saturn and want to go back to
pluto...but alas it's low server count... You guys contradict yourselves ffs....

yea sod off whit that merge idea if we merge and your have the bad chance wer on the same server i chase you from neocron to doy and back them doy unit dont scare me that easy
Yeh... umm .. great. :P

Don't merge the servers. If the plutonians want to stay on pluto then let them be. But don't go moaning about low server population on pluto when you can just go to saturn u stuborn !@&*(*)&^%$
Why should you care about pluto if your such a saturn lover, your in the
wrong thread dude... see your way out if you can't contribute to this threads
cause.

Whatever.

No doubt vid, just bite it though like i siad, we had our lite in the beginning
of retail for about 4 months, now let saturn experience it while its possible.

If any of you really wanted to play on a server with more people, you would bite the bullet and just move to saturn... I did in september. Sure, the first few weeks suck and you miss your capped chars with mc5 chips... but then you cap your first saturn char, hunt some mobs, do some mc5, and your rich again.

KK isnt gonna merge anything... you gotta realize that. If you want more people, leave uranus, leave pluto, and go to saturn. Why saturn? same reason I went long ago, its got the most people... pure and simple... go where the people are. Leave the people who insist "oh pluto and uranus have a nicer atmosphere" well, leave em, and let all 10 of em have their nice atmosphere, and you can go play with other people.
I've got capped chars on every server, mc5s on them all except venus. This
is from boredom, from all servers. I rather be bored on pluto.

True, i know i would.

It's hard to muster the enthusiasm to start over on a different server. I've got 4 decent level chars on pluto, lots of money and rares (through months of hunting and leveling) and know lots of people there.

Easier just to not log on and do other stuff for a few months, such as sit on the forums and moan about shit.
I've got stuff on every server, but pluto is where i house massive amounts of
items through my dedicated playtime. The thought of me losing my pluto char
is enough to make me cry. :)

Exactly. Leave the little plutonians with their low server count til they release that they really need to move to a real man's/woman's server like saturn.
Man, is this guy serious.. dude i "realize" that you come to a pluto related
thread to say how great saturn is.. who are you kidding? Saturn was
the little brother of pluto, it is still that same little brother. More players on
a server does not constitute greatness.

DONT MERGE PLUTO!!!!! ALL u people Making posts like Merge pluto with server [X] and "this server is dead" like shit it is ! there are plenty of people who play pluto , You people make these stupid posts ,like most of you dont play pluto anyway so stfu, the argument is for thos who PLAY pluto REGULALLY not when there bord and go to an other server, if so u play pluto and you left to another server,STAY THERE you find it better than pluto fine, go play that server ,FFS leave us who play pluto and like it as it is alone, I admit that the population is low its because you leave and complain about it,SIMPLE fix DONT leave no need to complain. Pluto is where all teh elite play, we like it its not populated hundreds of ppl Lvl'n is more fun its easier,(more mobs to kill ,les pkers) You want a good time get on down to pluto and chill out ,but for the love god stop making piece of shit posts about merging it.
Exactly, if more people followed your steps.. there wouldn't be any problems
right now.

Giga191 Im tempted to start a character on Saturn, level him, kill you, sex your corpse, then delete the char never to play on Saturn again.

But whatever the case, Id rather play on an empty Pluto than a full Saturn any day of the week. Enjoy the high population while you can ladies.
Don't pay attention to giga, waste of text. Definately not worth going to saturn
on my capped chars to beat him.. post a screenshot on the forums.. doesn't
solve anything but to play his game. Let him eat his own fire.

My thoughts exactly on how to make pluto's server counts rise, good post.

yah just lieve them if thay really want to come to us then let them. i dont want the pluto community i polayed pluto i think its much worst them saturn only thing pluto seems to whine about saturn really is the high prices.

plun. just a ? is that all the 27 peeps on saturn sitting around having nothin to do .

if u should more screens such asmb then we will talk because peeps go to were their more peeps.
Dude you don't know what your saying.. Pluto doesn't complain about saturn's
high prices, are you insane? I tried selling mc5 chips on saturn for 20 million,
there was not one person able to pay me...

1) Because everyone is broke from money distribution on alts
2) Mostly beginners think 20 million is an insane amount for an mc5
3) People are waiting for mc5 to reopen... even though it will be 10x more diffacult.

On pluto, mc5s are easily sold for over 50 million. Credits are more abundant
on pluto than saturn. Fucked economy, nay.. it's related to the slots. More
players need money than that exist.

Giga here is you. <------------------------------------------> Here is the point of complaints of low population.

No one is trying to force any one to play on Pluto. I'm not advocating a mandatory play on Pluto day where every server is closed but Pluto. I'm not going to come to your house with a gun and give you the choice of playing Pluto or getting shot in the foot. I'm not going to create a Saturn character and gank you till you decide to play Pluto. I could give a shit about Saturn just as you could give a shit about Pluto. In fact people like you is a large reason why I stay on Pluto to begin with. Discussions about Pluto concern you zero, which is the opposite of posting in this thread.

I complain about low server count because this is an MMO and because most games of UT2004 have more players than my server. I try to encourage KK to find solutions in raising Pluto from the dead instead of just abandoning it and focusing on the populated server like they seem to have done. Perhaps, oh I don't, running some events on Pluto or adding NPCs or hurrying up with that retail patch would be some good outcomes of our concern for our server.
Exactly.

hehe jest. the goal most peeps are trying to do is force peeps to hav a bigger server. since pluto is a sad waste of space sorry to say thay figure we can take their small communty over here. but if it was really bad y do thay keep playing. of course u love it like how i love saturn. am not forceing u but thats just the idea that i get from everyone else its not them wanting u its them needing u

and am sorry its hard to think of ways to boost pluto pop. really anything great u get we get. best solution for u is to merge to a bigger server were not mergeing to a smaller .

its the fact u hav less chars is one reason y its so low. everyone on the 4 server got a trade skiller pvp a hunter or a lvler. thjay can come up with anything thay want and not be bored. well on pluto peeps work hard on one guy and goes ok wut now am capped. ok new server and leiving u high and dry. but if u want to come to saturn ur always welcome could always use mroe peeps but am not goin to cry about it.
You don't get it... I'd put my soul on the line that if there were 200 people
on saturn and 200 players on pluto that people would start going to pluto..

This is how it was in the beginning of retail and thats what made pluto the
largest server.

Sorry but I find pluto players stuck up, this whole elitest server, and to leave it alone.

It has 47 players on average, THAT IS A FUCKING MORGUE -

Shit, i cant find anything to do with 350 players on, never mind 47,

Jesus fucking christ get some perspective, if pluto was the only server, and had 47 players on, the game would be classed as a failure, and dead.

Yet U dont see it like that, why because pluto keeps going just because the other servers have a good population, what a mock.

Drop the im l337 on a one char server, I like it how it is, and experiance Neocron with a population above 50, u mind find that getting a poker doesnt take 2 weeks in the hope the 48th player might come online, who just might be a poker.

Pluto - what a joke
Pluto isn't the joke, KK's lack of activity with the game has caused all players
to goto the 4 slot servers to pretend they are having fun leveling alts.

Jupiter is the german bandwagon which is why they all mostly stay there.
Alot have left granted, but thats because jupiter is starting to turn into pluto's
current problem..

Pluto will never die, becase there are a lot of people who prefere a quiet playerbase. Me, and several other people I have spoken to on pluto. Saturn is a larger playerbase, and if you don't like the size of pluto, then move there. It *really* isn't that hard.
Sorry dude, I respect that U like pluto, but it's for the wrong reasons.

hehehe yeah leave pluto alone, at least now theres no lag!!

I've played CS on servers with more people, go kk!
Pluto was never known for lag, saturn and uranus quickly comes to mind.

I never saw a thread about cabinets blanking out, stuff dissapearing, server
roll backs etc on pluto.. seen many over the years for saturn.

I am 100% NOT in favor of moving people from Pluto to Uranus because, if you remember, Uranus has the most server problems than any other server in the cluster.

Plus a server merge will not make hardly anyone happy, except for maybe 10% of the Neocron population. The only way to make the customers happy is one thing, and no not BDoY, but advertising to get more people interested in the game. I doubt just BDoY will "save" Neocron, Right now I doubt anything can "save" Neocron right now, but if KK wants to let Neocron have a chance of staying alive, they need to start advertising

Another thing the GMs could do the possibly "boost" server populations, is have events, like every other day, or weekly events, post info about them on the forums, ingame Neocron Forums, Server Messages, etc so people will start coming back to play the game.
Right, you got the right idea as well..

Continued to post below....

FBI
12-05-04, 10:46
i dont think anyone should ever mention merging all the servers into one for BDOY again, a purely retarded idea, is there even one person who doesnt have characters on more than one server. really the whole merging idea is wrong, quit yet bitching, if you want a bigger population, move to a server with a bigger population, dont expect to have it come to you via a merge. if you started your char on pluto cause you wanted to be with the "leets" (right...) then thats your fuckin problem. this thread has really gotta get closed, the no merge to merge ratio must be 10:1.Doy wont be on any of the retail servers anyway, kk wouldnt do that.

Shut up, n00b. Maybe I don't want to move to a new server and start over and get all the crap I got with hard work.

Damn, if only KK brought that character transfer now..
No doubt, char transfer would only be possible if the items, imps etc didnt
come as well.. only the class and stats. 60 million creditson pluto is worth 20
on saturn, the economy is alot different. If i could transfer my char to saturn,
i'd buy a new luxury car from selling all my stuff on eBay.

Even some of the clannies that I know have tried Saturn, didn't enjoy it. A couple of them went as far as saying that if they weren't playing on Pluto, they'd rather be not playing NC, than play on Saturn...

Also, a clan member from Saturn told me something 'strange' today...
Something along the lines of: "wtf, you guys on pluto are really polite"
Apparently, today on Pluto, someone asked him if he minded them hunting in the same zone as him...

I chose Pluto because it has one character slot. I stay because of the community, attitude and general 'feeling'

Do not merge Pluto with anything. Promote the game properly and release DOY. It will either fix the lack of population, or all the servers will die together.
Promoting neocron is just one of the keys to fixing everything. I also like pluto
cause it's one slot, I always wanted to establish my self on pluto and be
known for my reputation and skills. On saturn, your just "another player"
with different 4 faces.

Alright now, after watching the server stats for quite some time, I even made a
script to do it and provided it to you all in the community and fansites to display.

I've seen the stats slowly fall, for all servers, Pluto is just the first server to
go down.. others will follow, soon as the community gets smaller, people will start
to flock to the highest server count because their ship is about to sink. Since
pluto is the second oldest server after jupiter and not the only english server
it was the first to lose a majority of it's active players.

Can't blame anyone, but KK. This game is surviving because we are still here
giving it activity... Doing what we Must to keep it alive, that means moving
from the smaller servers to the bigger ones so see the other people who
escaped their sinking ship.. to be on another.

What to do now, bite it. .. Be patient peeps.. I'm sorry if i replied rudely to
anyone, i'm just as pissed as the next person regardless of what server we
come from.. we still play the same game. Until neocron get's advertised there
wont be server counts rising for Pluto or any other server. 3 months isn't
long, i've been playing long enough to bear that.

Off to wonderland, good posts jest.

Parad0x -FBI

naimex
12-05-04, 10:56

*goes to a safe distance from FBI*

I´m mainly playing Uranus, only rarely have I entered the other servers, simply because I love Uranus so much (and no that was not meant as a joke nor something that should be made fun off)

If someone took "my" server away, I would be bloody pissed off too.

Leave the servers alone..

MkVenner
12-05-04, 11:11
merging any of the servers with saturn would be a mistake, there just completly different mentalities. Theres too many CS kiddies on saturn, atm im taking a break from saturn to uranus coz if i dont im gunna get more and more pissed and ill just quit. So mebbe merging pluto and Uranus...there mentalities are similar, but merging pluto and sat, or all 3 would kill the other servers for good.

naimex
12-05-04, 11:14
Could make one hell of a war tho ^^

Saturn + Pluto + merge =

Saturn^Anti City = Pluto^Pro City

Meaning :

Saturn + Pluto + merge = Armageddon

MkVenner
12-05-04, 11:18
thats true, and it might actually settle that Pluto>Saturn / Saturn>Pluto argument lol, would be cool, all Saturn go CA, TS, Crahn, BT etc etc and all Pluto go opposite.......and remove all safe zones...armaggedon incarnate...

INFERNO22
12-05-04, 11:24
rofl inferno how fun to hear that from u... about the elite guys
all elite guys of pluto left only because they were doing no fight for the low popolution and the only ppl that play pluto now are mostly not pvpers(the elite ppls u said)... all pvpers moved to saturn and jupi to get some pvp

btw vet do you have any char on jupi or still got the tank on pluto? i want to duel ya :)

well Some of the elite left the game completely like masta killa and remus and some others but the fact is half the ppl of uranus and saturn cant PvP there way out of a paper bag LOL

naimex
12-05-04, 11:25
well Some of the elite left the game completely like masta killa and remus and some others but the fact is half the ppl of uranus and saturn cant PvP there way out of a paper bag

why thank you very much..

most uranians could prolly kill you with eyes closed.

KTHX STFU !

n3m
12-05-04, 11:27
If all the pluto guys are saying leave pluto alone. Fine

Then don't start dozens of chars on Saturn with names like "Pluto > Saturn :-)" "Come to Pluto" "Saturn sucks, go Pluto". I can go on, and I'm not joking about those names, there are more, but can't remember them right now.

naimex
12-05-04, 11:29
If all the pluto guys are saying leave pluto alone. Fine

Then don't start dozens of chars on Saturn with names like "Pluto > Saturn :-)" "Come to Pluto" "Saturn sucks, go Pluto". I can go on, and I'm not joking about those names, there are more, but can't remember them right now.

..... there was a time we had "UrAnus smells" backpacks all over OZ GR....

Cryton
12-05-04, 11:32
Just a to get facts straight: Saturn was live a little before Pluto. No biggy though it's only a matter of a few days or weeks.

/Cryton

Cyphor
12-05-04, 13:55

I understand there will never be a merge of all servers and im not even sure i would want it, however this is advertised as a mmorpg and atm its pathetic to call it that, it has difficulty mustering 800 people across all servers at peak times, meanwhile its competitors can offer an experience with 1000+ per server, compare the amount of people in eve or ffxi to nc, population wise they win hands down. Nc still has alot going for it, its a unique game however for it to become a true mmorpg it needs to offer players more "targets" and players to lvl with, atm there isnt enough people incomming to boost the populations therefore a server merge would be the only way to give games the mmo experience.
Pluto atm resembles online rpg's like phantasy star online or diablo atm, it isnt mmo its find a few friends and lvl together, occasional pvp. Yes some are happy with this however I and many others didnt buy this game for the chance of "occasional" pvp, in a mmog there should be other players in every zone, enemies to fight and friends to fight with, the game advertises it has this but doesnt deliver.
As for just move to another server, none of the servers atm are "large", 200-300 people is still small in mmog terms, at peak times on saturn it can still take 30mins to an hour to find a fight with an enemy, ninja hacking is still rampent etc. If the population on a server was larger this wouldnt be the case, there would be a fight at every corner and op wars could go back to being fun.

Lastly, just because someones oppinion differs from yours doesnt make it retarded, or wrong, everyone is allowed an oppinion, so how about stop trolling?

Mordillo
12-05-04, 17:50
inferno told me ur last good op war u did on pluto... if u ever did one :)
i played jupi in last weeks (not much) but i already did very insange and so funny op wars
know i understand the fang video's :D the "tg strikes back"

Techi
12-05-04, 18:18
Just a to get facts straight: Saturn was live a little before Pluto. No biggy though it's only a matter of a few days or weeks.

/Cryton

Beta was hosted on Pluto.

Anyway, with regards to server merges, population counts, and character slots, I think what most people don't realize is that Saturn drives Pluto players away simply due to the fact that when a Saturn player dies, they don't tap out....they log a friggin alt to come kill you. Then when that character dies, they log ANOTHER alt. not to mention the fact that everyone has their own tradeskiller, so in order to get anything accomplished, you pretty much have to role all 4 characters and cap them as quickly as possible. If you've been playing on Saturn all along, this is the norm, and you're used to it. I'm not.

Playing on Pluto, I have a chance to concentrate on my character. I can cap fairly effectively, and can quickly focus on whatever skill I am in the process of developing to make my gameplay experience a little more satisfying. I play an effective role because if I die, in order to get back at whoever it was that killed me, I have to tap out and try again, instead of just disappearing and showing up instead as a tank with a dev and a cs. This teaches me how to avoid dying, because every time I die, it's a risk and a hassle.

Those that think having 4 characters is so appealing should try the challenge of working with a single character for a while, and when they want to look for a change... rerole it. It definitely makes for more interesting gameplay. Not to mention the fact that you have to develop a bond of trust with at least one other person in order to accomplish it.

You'll also note that there are VERY few players on Pluto with LEs in. Can someone possibly enlighten me as to why this is the case? I know the answer to this isn't because of noob killing, as I've been levelling Saturn noobs for a little while and not run into nearly as many problems as I'd heard stories about. If the noob killing is the only reason for the rampant use of LEs, then it seems the people on Saturn live very sheltered lives..

Bl@zed
12-05-04, 19:26
one question i would have about a saturn/pluto merge is...i have a fully capped tank on pluto, would that just be added to the saturn char count and thus making it a 5 char server?

or will our pluto chars be deleted, and/or would we have to delete an existing char on saturn to fit them into the 4th char slot..

KeithMyath
12-05-04, 21:06
however this is advertised as a mmorpg and atm its pathetic to call it that, it has difficulty mustering 800 people across all servers at peak times, meanwhile its competitors can offer an experience with 1000+ per server, compare the amount of people in eve or ffxi to nc, population wise they win hands down. Nc still has alot going for it, its a unique game however for it to become a true mmorpg it needs to offer players more "targets" and players to lvl with, atm there isnt enough people incomming to boost the populations therefore a server merge would be the only way to give games the mmo experience.
Pluto atm resembles online rpg's like phantasy star online or diablo atm, it isnt mmo its find a few friends and lvl together, occasional pvp. Yes some are happy with this however I and many others didnt buy this game for the chance of "occasional" pvp, in a mmog there should be other players in every zone, enemies to fight and friends to fight with, the game advertises it has this but doesnt deliver.
I think what were finding, is the obvious effect of KK stringing us along, always pushing release dates back, when i first came upon neocron, it wasnt even in public beta, and they were saying it would be out right away. I ended up losing track about it and stumbled upon it after it'd hit retail,(look at join date) I can only imagine what it would be like to spend the whole time, beta to present, waiting for DOY. The percentage of people on Pluto who were beta players is probably the highest of all the servers. Now if they had been capped, im sure that happened along time ago, they probably had enough time to lom 6 or 7 times to a different setup and now they are bored and waiting for sept 1. Now thats an awful long time to stand around capped with your thumb in your ass, the obvious conclusion is that many regulars have suspended their accounts until right before DOY. A merge isnt needed, those who wish to continue on Pluto should, if they cant stand it, I'd start a char on another server, probably a larger one, so that if this ever happens again, (who knows, might pick up soon, then die a month later?) you have a character to play on the side.

Lastly, just because someones oppinion differs from yours doesnt make it retarded, or wrong
.... sure it does :D (ok, maybe the language is strong but its whats from the heart that counts eh?)