PDA

View Full Version : You people interested in another Neocron Art Contest?

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 18:47
Yeah, something like what Danae did ages ago...

I think I might have some halfway decent prizes... on pluto/saturn/uranus...

nothing much, sadly, I don't have *many* MC5 chips ( :P ) , maybe just a large pile of unressed techs and NCs...

I'm thinking of the categories - Overall, Screenshot, Wallpaper, Scene/Pose... not sure who'd be judges, but there's me, and maybe I can bring in some more ppl in as judges... terms'd be -must be original, done by self, concerns Neocron, etc...

I wanna know - are there many people interested in something like that? I wanna see the likes of McCoy and the like again, what they did was AWESOME!

Opar
10-05-04, 18:48
Sure, I'd be up for it.... pity I lost all my sexy pics. Oh well. *gets snapping*

Dribble Joy
10-05-04, 18:56
Hmmm........

Jest
10-05-04, 19:00
Those were pretty cool but I enjoy MS Paint contests even more. :p

Edit: Onoz quick edit DJ he posted spam!!!!

aKe`cj
10-05-04, 19:14
I'd be happy to join jury as I am able to bitch about even the most beatiful and technicaly sophisticated submissions :D ..plus I see art-contests not only as a playground for those who got the skills, but especially for those who got the brain too. Great idea >= boring but tec. advanced...lets welcome Mr.Jest and his Ms.Paint submission ;)
I'd really like to assist with this concerning the organization as well ...so feel free to pm me if you want to get startet with such a competition (wont have much time 'til the 1st VotR hits a local desktop near you...but when that is sorted...yeah! :angel: )

Benjie
10-05-04, 20:33
Sure, but I think it would be cool if every type of art should count.
Banners, Scetches, skins, shots, stuff... That way everyone gets a peice of the cheese.

Nice one Heavyporker.

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 20:46
even my resources wouldn't be be enough to cover that many categories... except on pluto.

hm.

actually, that'd be good... prizes only for on pluto, means ppl gotta come to pluto to spend their winnings... heh.

Morganth
10-05-04, 20:49
even my resources wouldn't be be enough to cover that many categories... except on pluto.

hm.

actually, that'd be good... prizes only for on pluto, means ppl gotta come to pluto to spend their winnings... heh.

Pfft, having one character slot has warped your mind!

Aziraphale
10-05-04, 21:35
Good idea, specially the Pluto only part :D
Will give me an excuse to start taking photos again, havent been out with my camera in a while.
Oooh the possibilities.

Morganth
10-05-04, 21:37
Good idea, specially the Pluto only part :D
Will give me an excuse to start taking photos again, havent been out with my camera in a while.
Oooh the possibilities.

I wonder how many people will take piccys of Droms, lol.

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 21:40
shit, if tis contest thing goes through, there's going to be a ban on droms and swamp cows.

Morganth
10-05-04, 21:43
shit, if tis contest thing goes through, there's going to be a ban on droms and swamp cows.

Talking of which, I wonder if its possible to switch the copbot skin with a Drom skin. Would be funny to see one patrolling the city.

Dribble Joy
10-05-04, 21:53
Bollocks I had a really good idea for a drom scene.

FuzzyDuck
10-05-04, 21:55
neocron art is teh sex, I'll get snapping.

http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v79/FuzzyDuck1/meh.gif

:angel:

Kasumi
10-05-04, 22:08
Sounds like interesting idea.. I might be interested.. ^^ You should however offer a real life thing instead of a game object.. :)

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 22:20
no, kasumi.

Kasumi
10-05-04, 22:22
no, kasumi.
Will there be a certain criteria people will have to follow for this "contest"?

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 22:26
don't get ahead of yourselves, people... :P

I just wanted to gauge the reponse of the community before I formally host such an event.

Kasumi
10-05-04, 22:27
don't get ahead of yourselves, people... :P

I just wanted to gauge the reponse of the community before I formally host such an event.
OK well I am interested in yoru *contest* depending on how much work I have and time I have I may or may not be able to participate..;)