PDA

View Full Version : Rework the Trikes! (and some vhcs)

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 18:09
I still have some complaint about the Trikes.

The scout trike has far too high a VHC req to be in line with what it offers.

I believe the scout trike should come down to require 35 INT 45 VHC, to reflect its lower damage capability (yes, as compared to a JEEP!). This would'n' be a difficulty at all, since KK has shown they're capable of putting different reqs on the same vehicular chassises (combat versions of chainbike and hoverbike, etc)

I believe that the Trike's Tail Guns are a bit too weak to warrant the "assault" label of the vehicular chassis. How about making the tail gun requirements be 25 STR and 50 H-C? Making it appreciably stronger than the STR 14 gun type, but yet not on par with the 30 mm STR 55 gun of the jeep.

Also, I think the TLs of the combat versions of the vehicles are a *bit* out of line. Why is the non-combat chainbike TL higher than its COMBAT counterpart!??! A 5 INT 12 VHC vehicle being TL 59?!? Why are the non-combat and combat wheeler cars the same TL? I think that the non-combat versions of vehicles should all be below TL 50 (yeah, the hoverbike too).

Disturbed021
10-05-04, 18:15
Yup I agree. I was really disappointed with the tail gun of the trikes.
Fix those back guns first :D
hrmm then ya the reqs for the non-assualt version of the trike should be lowered as it isn't nearly as powerful as the assualt version or even the jeep.

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 18:19
Don;t forget rating the thread with stars, seems its basically the only way to get KK to notice :P

Disturbed021
10-05-04, 18:22
cough *5 Stars* Cough

MrChumble
10-05-04, 20:02
5 stars. A little more speed across the board, but especially on the Rhino and Combat Trike, would also be appreciated. Speaking as the only HC PE playing neocron I guess that makes the vote 100% for :D

Mmmm and spawn/despawn only ASGs doted liberally around the map would also rock.

amfest
10-05-04, 20:45
I'd also like if the trikes going in reverse would be increased just a notch. Sorta hate when something's moving towards me and I start to back up only to find i'm moving slower than I can walk with my spy.

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 20:49
omfg, yes! the speed on reverse needs a severe speed increase. i don't know why vecs in Neocron reverse so damn slowly! a MECHBEETLE MOVES FASTER than a vec in reverse!

well.. with the exception of a hoverbike

Mirco
10-05-04, 21:17
I have something more I would like see done with the changes you guys have mentioned.

1. First of all I want the turn while standing still on every vehicle except the rhino(and other tracked vehicles) and the hover removed. It just looks and feels silly. Increase the damage or let the projectiles hit in a wider arch from the front of your vehicle(not on combat hover because that turns fast enough) as this would make hitting someone harder.

2. I would like to see different turning radiuses according to vehicle speed and vehicle type to set them apart from one another. Perhaps the hover could do some "sidestepping"?

3. Increase rocket speed on heavy trike. I know the range on the trike is being increased on the TS, but currently the rockets just crawl away from you when you go full speed ahead.

4. Make somekind of cage or turret around the apc gunner. Whoever made an apc and then let the gunner sit out in the open, can`t be thinking to far ahead.

5. Not a vehicle change, but I would like to vehicle mobs. Bikes, trikes you name it, deadly weapons, fast moving and insane berserk aggro. Mad max style. It just feels right.

6. Remove all healing spells in NC and make the apc have healing capabilities when people are inside(its been a while since I bashed the ppu now :p ).

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 21:29
-rocket speed increase... actually, I'd LOVE that... even on the hand-held rockets (rocket launchers, anti-vec/AA launchers, and mini-rocket launcher)

-turn while still removed - I agree from a RP perspective, but this would make hitting stuff almost insanely hard (pvp-wise, because of runners' speed)

-what I'd rather have would be to have those armor "fins" in front of the apc/jeep gunners actually WORK.. after all, those are 1 inch thick metal armor for the express purpose of letting the gunner survive being shot at.

- technically... those DoY scout mobs are vecs *tracks and shit* and the hoverbots as well... what would be AWESOME would be if anti-vec and anti-AA rockets worked EFFECTIVELY against them!!!!

amfest
10-05-04, 21:59
well if would be interesting to come across some anarchy breed that were in a jeep and started driving at you while one gunned the back . . heh. Might work better if they actually patrolled certain areas so you never know when you might run into them. Although that might make running to cetain places as a 0/2 a tad bit difficult :D

Kasumi
10-05-04, 22:07
No these changes are very important.. I would rather see *real* physics added to the vehicles before they change things that *arent* that important..

Heavyporker
10-05-04, 22:22
anarchy breed actually would be in those assault bikes and chaincraft bikes...

that WOULD rock severely... the Anarchy Breed camps need to be larger and a BIT better developed... KK, put 'em in please!!!!

amfest
10-05-04, 22:30
No these changes are very important.. I would rather see *real* physics added to the vehicles before they change things that *arent* that important..
I can see this happening .. you ride your jeep and it jumps a hill and while really high up in the air you fatal. You relog in and fall from the height and look up to see your jeep above your head and unreachable. :D They would need to add things like dmg from crashing, falling, hurting mobs by ramming them although things like lag make this stuff sorta crappy. In the end I think it'd cause more problems than it's worth. Like you are riding away from someone and jump a hill . . You've already flown over it and are on your way but the server lost you and has your vehilce stopped at the hill top and the apu that was chasing you just walks right up and gives you several HLs thereby killing you.

Kasumi
10-05-04, 22:37
I can see this happening .. you ride your jeep and it jumps a hill and while really high up in the air you fatal. You relog in and fall from the height and look up to see your jeep above your head and unreachable. :D They would need to add things like dmg from crashing, falling, hurting mobs by ramming them although things like lag make this stuff sorta crappy. In the end I think it'd cause more problems than it's worth. Like you are riding away from someone and jump a hill . . You've already flown over it and are on your way but the server lost you and has your vehilce stopped at the hill top and the apu that was chasing you just walks right up and gives you several HLs thereby killing you.
It can be done in PLanetside and most modern MMORPGs so I dont see why it cant be done in Neocron:BDOY :)

amfest
10-05-04, 22:51
It can be done in PLanetside and most modern MMORPGs so I dont see why it cant be done in Neocron:BDOY :)
Pay attention to the engine that neocron uses kasumi. Now what type of engine and look does planetside use? hmmm. When did planetside actually enter development? Neocron is old .. very old as far as the development went. There are alot of things we're missing. Heck I'd be thrilled if we got climbing ladder animations. Although I think it's bollock that y ou can fire while you're on the ladder and climbing at the same time . it just looks funky .. lol. If they can pull it off . sure why not I suppose .. but using a comparison like planetside >_>

Kasumi
10-05-04, 22:52
Pay attention to the engine that neocron uses kasumi. Now what type of engine and look does planetside use? hmmm. When did planetside actually enter development? Neocron is old .. very old as far as the development went. There are alot of things we're missing. Heck I'd be thrilled if we got climbing ladder animations. Although I think it's bollock that y ou can fire while you're on the ladder and climbing at the same time . it just looks funky .. lol. If they can pull it off . sure why not I suppose .. but using a comparison like planetside >_>hehe I said Neocron: Beyond Dome of York.. ^^ Its upgradeing engine how much I dont know.. If it has been than I would like to see real physics added to things.. :) Oh well not more offtopic for me I dont want ThreadStarter yelling at me.. ^^

Mirco
11-05-04, 14:24
-rocket speed increase... actually, I'd LOVE that... even on the hand-held rockets (rocket launchers, anti-vec/AA launchers, and mini-rocket launcher)

Yes and peraps they could put some controlling fins on the rockets as well. I shoot into the ground 40% of the time with the rockets. Make them alot more stable so that they launch good and loose their "aim" further out.