PDA

View Full Version : IE Problems

Omnituens
10-05-04, 16:52
WTF? IE has gone mental, it will not load up a website without it crashing and sending an error report to M$.

It loads up the page and says "Done", then crashes. I've done a full Virus scan and adware/malware/spyware checks. it found some "possible browser hijacks" so i got rid of those, but it still keeps crashing. I've also reinstalled IE 6 SP 1

Now im using Opera to browse. in built adverts, eugh.

I cant even run Win update because that is fucking IE based, so therefore crashes.

Anyone else ever had this?

Neo LoneWolf
10-05-04, 17:05
Heard of Ie completely fucking up? Yep, hear about it all the time :rolleyes:

Given IE's integration with Windows, best advice would be reinstall the OS.

*shrug*

Oh, and as far as browsers - Mozilla Firefox > all

http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/

HTH, HAND

Lexxuk
10-05-04, 17:12
windows xp?

open up dos, via run, type in cmd

type in sfc /scannow

have ur windows cd ready

Dazist
10-05-04, 17:17
Delete all cookies and tempory internet files manually.

Cytaur
10-05-04, 17:43
get some security upgrades... probably some smartass script is crashing you

Omnituens
11-05-04, 11:05
well i have removed all cookies/temp files/program files manually, reintalled both IE 6 and 5. both crash.

I manage to get to a page which tells me there is an update i need, but because the updater needs IE to work i cant get it, and Automatic Windows Update isnt giving me anything to install, which implies that there isnt actually an update.

Im on win2000 btw.

NOTE: IE is the only thing that is not functioning correctly.

except Neocron, which wont boot the laucher properly because THE WINDOW IS A FUCKING IE BROWSER IN DISGUISE!!!!111111impissedoffwithms

Original monk
11-05-04, 11:17
i have an IE problem also ... re-installed the whole shit etc but it keeps bugged ...

everytime i press an external link IE gets stuck unless i rightclick 2 times on the little IEbar below on the regular taskbar of my computer ..

then it will open up ...

external links like linked photo's etc, same as when a pop up comes ... then it wont load till i rightklick the daamn bar ...

i get crazy of it, anyone know how the heck i can solve this, i re-installed and changed every possible config :/

think i gonna get sum other browser or yust re-install win2kpro

:/

Omnituens
11-05-04, 11:43
well im getting a new processah on thursday, so i'll probably just wipe the system and re-install. i got too much crap on here anyway.

*remembers to unplug net connection before installing the firewall*

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 16:34
Windows 2000 has the sfc too (system file checker) it will check all your system files for corrupt/bad files, and replace them from service packs/cd. Many a time I've had a problem which a quick sfc fixed.

Omnituens
11-05-04, 18:59
thanks for the tip Lex, but it didnt work. I have taken drastic action and downgraded my OS

to Windows XP.

I need to get a CD burner to finish off backing up files.

btw, XP is WANK
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/mad.gif

Lexxuk
11-05-04, 19:01
tut, just go to performance options, turn everything off, then XP will look just like 2000 :p

Omnituens
11-05-04, 20:51
dont gimme that shite.

bastard XP wont even accept the audio drivers designed for it. so now ive got PC speaker and thats it.

Ormy
11-05-04, 20:55
Heard of Ie completely fucking up? Yep, hear about it all the time :rolleyes:

Oh, and as far as browsers - Mozilla Firefox > all

http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/

HTH, HAND

agreed

j0rz
11-05-04, 21:05
pc's are the win ;)

zii
11-05-04, 21:17
Can I just say:

http://www.mozilla.org

Its free, its better than IE, its faster than IE, its stabler than IE. Its not MS.

Morganth
11-05-04, 21:53
Can I just say:

http://www.mozilla.org

Its free, its better than IE, its faster than IE, its stabler than IE. Its not MS.

Yup, and you do realise unless Mozilla get a deal with Microsoft them once the Palladium chip and accompanying OS is released it will be impossible to run it on your system? And that MS will drop support for all other home/office OSes except server stuff to force people over to a Palladium based system?

StryfeX
12-05-04, 00:52
Yup, and you do realise unless Mozilla get a deal with Microsoft them once the Palladium chip and accompanying OS is released it will be impossible to run it on your system? And that MS will drop support for all other home/office OSes except server stuff to force people over to a Palladium based system?If/once MS releases/enforces Palladium, I'm destroying all my MS OS CDs and moving to Linux. That thing is fuckin' bullshit. Anyway.

/set rant 0

I usually find that sfc can be hit or miss. It often likes to restore files from when the OS was initially installed, meaning that it can do odd things to the system.

If in doubt, wipe it.

--Stryfe

Morganth
12-05-04, 01:55
If/once MS releases/enforces Palladium, I'm destroying all my MS OS CDs and moving to Linux. That thing is fuckin' bullshit. Anyway.

Palladium has a release date for 2005, so better get destroying! I would give it a month after Palladium is out for someone to work out a way to bypass it, and also work out how to remove the copy protection and anto-mp3 part of the chip code. But, there still will be a surge in Linux users as its widely supported by many software companies, and if it isn't you can get emulation software to run DOS programs and suck like.

Its also more secure. Free source means = vulnerabilities detailed by public = patched faster. Its also the operating system of choice of the majority of hackers/crackers around the world, and they know a good OS when they see one.

/set kill_xp 1
/set reset_os 1
/set debian_run 1