PDA

View Full Version : Remove SI from GR's can now be done

Biznatchy
09-05-04, 20:11
I mean really what function does it serve in game now that OP genreps can be locked down by the clan that owns the GR. The only thing it function it has now is to be a pain in the ass and promote lamers camping GR's at good leveling spots. I bet half the pkers that hang around CRP and El Farid would think twice if that GR didnt put SI on people coming in.

I just think it should be romoved since the reason it was put there is no longer an issue.

ino
09-05-04, 20:26
Well as I see it, if you are fighting at ops near public grs or tg, fa and so on. the attackers or defenders wont get a rest ever cause all the ppl can come back spamming them until someone gives up. The si time you get is pretty nice to give your enemies and buy you some time to ress, or the other team to giveup.

Dribble Joy
09-05-04, 20:39
I just think it should be romoved since the reason it was put there is no longer an issue.
Which was? O_o

There should be downsides to all methids of travel.

GRs - SI
Driving/Walking - Time.

If you don't want to risk a GR to a dangerous zone then don't GR.
Why should you have risk free, well, ANYTHING.

dL9
09-05-04, 20:40
The way I see it, pvp was better imo back in beta 4 (no gr si). it just was :)

ino
09-05-04, 20:44
well you can always come back and almost be sure to kill the one who ganked you. But when it comes to big fights no si at all efter death or gr will be insane.

warngau
09-05-04, 20:45
SI when genrepping to prim app should be removed imho

Drake6k
09-05-04, 20:51
The way I see it, pvp was better imo back in beta 4 (no gr si). it just was :)

I remember people having serious discussions about genreps with turrets and genreps with areas of protection around them :lol:

This is a mmorpg not quake and for a instant transport anywhere there needs to be 'some' downside. The money doesn't count.

Morganth
09-05-04, 20:52
SI when genrepping to prim app should be removed imho

Definately. Since when do you fight a war in your own appy? And if you did let someone in who decided to gank you, how stupid can you get if you GR back in?

I think that there should be something in place to stop people being ganked at GRs, like MB/Battledome and places like that. Its unfair to come through a GR on route to a leveling spot to get ganked by a certain fuckwit clan who think that a PE/PPU who has SI is a threat to them, so they gank them with 4-6 players. Good game SoldierZ, thats the way to do it.

Biznatchy
09-05-04, 22:14
Well as I see it, if you are fighting at ops near public grs or tg, fa and so on. the attackers or defenders wont get a rest ever cause all the ppl can come back spamming them until someone gives up. The si time you get is pretty nice to give your enemies and buy you some time to ress, or the other team to giveup.

Im not saying death SI should be removed. Im not sure where your going with this line of logic. GR SI does nothing to stop op zerging. The SI it gives you will be off by the time you run one sector or so.

On the safe GR issue, its not like you still dont have to fight who ever is brave enough to be caming the GR. You just can fight back and not be ganked with zero chance to win. Or do the double GR back and live with the 40% si, ya thats fun.

The reason SI was put in the game was to stop a force from GR'ing straight to an OP and attack it. That problem was solved with the locking of GR's. Your enemy cant gr to your op and thus we dont need the SI any longer.

What problems will happen if we take the SI off GR's?
None that i can think of.

-FN-
09-05-04, 22:41
You should get SI... but only relative to the distance you travel. If you GR from Plaza1 to Plaza2, 2% SI. If you GR from Viarosso1 to Syncon Lab, 30% SI or whatever close to max would be. If your cells are being ripped apart and put back together, then it should f you up... but that should be dependent on how long you were 'split up'. There should also be a "Clan GR" in the UG with a gogo. GR locking should also be removed since UG security now exists.

Restricting Travel options == Killing Player interest

Biznatchy
09-05-04, 22:51
You should get SI... but only relative to the distance you travel. If you GR from Plaza1 to Plaza2, 2% SI. If you GR from Viarosso1 to Syncon Lab, 30% SI or whatever close to max would be. If your cells are being ripped apart and put back together, then it should f you up... but that should be dependent on how long you were 'split up'. There should also be a "Clan GR" in the UG with a gogo. GR locking should also be removed since UG security now exists.

Restricting Travel options == Killing Player interest

OK the tech side of this issue could be debated all day in a sci-fi type setting. Should GR'ing give you si/shouldnt it. RP wise we could just state that NEXT has just found a new technology that improves GR travel and thus SI is removed from nomal genrepping.

Hell in star trek they beamed people around all day with zero harm. Although Kirk did look a bit SI'ed in most of the shows but hey Shatnor was a goof anyway.

BTW what does SI have to do with restricting travel options. SI or not your still going to GR. Just getting ganked at the GR 20% SI'ed does kill player interest. Hell Magnis the GM even bitched out some guys for GR camping. He told them it was against the rules. Ive yet to see the rules he was reading but the point is GR camping is a problem and this would go along way to sort it.

Psychoninja
09-05-04, 23:00
I thought GR camping was only against the rules if the person GRing only had the option of going to that GR, ex. Apt.

I think the current GR rules are fine.
This isn't star trek btw :p

I agree with FN on the amount of SI a person should receive, it should be determined by the distance they're traveling, just like the price varies.

n3m
09-05-04, 23:20
beam me up scotty

tuxy
10-05-04, 00:15
it isnt borke dont fix it

jernau
10-05-04, 00:17
Maybe for going to your apt. Not for any others though.

StryfeX
10-05-04, 06:55
I'd love to see it removed. Especially since the reason it was put in was to stop OP attacks immediately after GRing in, which is no longer possible with the GR locks. (At least I think so.)

--Stryfe

Morganth
10-05-04, 09:33
I'd love to see it removed. Especially since the reason it was put in was to stop OP attacks immediately after GRing in, which is no longer possible with the GR locks. (At least I think so.)

--Stryfe

In most organised attacks how many attacking forces will come straight from the OPs GR? Any I have ever been in have always gone to a public GR near by, or to the nearest possible open GR. That way everyone has no SI and is ready for fighting. Then we run it. On Saturn you are seen as a threat when you come through a GR with SI, so you would most likely get ganked by the defenders before you even had a chance to get prepared for a fight. Then they moan no one attacks O_o

Aziraphale
10-05-04, 09:36
I'd love to see it removed =/ it's the bane of every newbie, Vets can hold their own even with some SI, but a newbie wont be able to move or even draw their gun.

Morganth
10-05-04, 09:39
I'd love to see it removed =/ it's the bane of every newbie, Vets can hold their own even with some SI, but a newbie wont be able to move or even draw their gun.

Yeah. A PPU can come out of a GR with SI, and still use blessed heal. Every other class is pretty screwed, unless you are in your appy, stealth then GR. That would give you a little time to run away from whichever 'tard is camping the GR.

Sux to be honest. Even if they reduced SI to like 5% I think it would be better in the long run.

Original monk
10-05-04, 14:07
i rather have 100 synaptic and no genreprules then the current system ... i havent used a genrep since months and months ... there all closed: ALL

except the few neutral ones ... wich suck anyway ... 8 zones walkin that is ...

shitsystem, if they wonna defend there OP's this 1 rule wont do shit anyway ... but it punishes every nonclanned player ..

Richard Blade
10-05-04, 15:18
I don't remember the gentanks name, but during beta 4, just before the SI was put into the game, he would log in and genrep through his list of gr's and kill anyone he found near the gr, then log off again.
That behaviour would start up again.

Adding SI prevented that activity. However, it also opened up the low scumbag option of camping the gr for ganking.
(I have no problem with a warparty camping the gr to cover their flanks from a surprise attack by the owners allies.)

So, I have no answers to solve the problems, but two wrongs don't make it right. Resetting to beta 4 standards will probably open up more "exploits" or at least, piss off the other half of the community.

ezza
10-05-04, 15:41
nah keep it as it is, makes it easier to genrep kill :D

Biznatchy
10-05-04, 19:33
I don't remember the gentanks name, but during beta 4, just before the SI was put into the game, he would log in and genrep through his list of gr's and kill anyone he found near the gr, then log off again.
That behaviour would start up again.

Adding SI prevented that activity. However, it also opened up the low scumbag option of camping the gr for ganking.
(I have no problem with a warparty camping the gr to cover their flanks from a surprise attack by the owners allies.)

So, I have no answers to solve the problems, but two wrongs don't make it right. Resetting to beta 4 standards will probably open up more "exploits" or at least, piss off the other half of the community.

I see your point on the tank that would run from GR to GR killing everyone. But look at it this way, at least the people he was attacking were not SI'ed and had a chance to defend themself. (was his name MegaMan by chance)

Morganth
10-05-04, 19:42
I see your point on the tank that would run from GR to GR killing everyone. But look at it this way, at least the people he was attacking were not SI'ed and had a chance to defend themself. (was his name MegaMan by chance)

Personally I would rather have faced that than what goes on now. I mean my PPU can resist fire when buffed for a fair amount of time before buffs drop/HAB is cast/the enemy run off. But when I come through the GR, with SI, and no buffs, to be met by a few CA tanks and APUs, supported by 1-2 PPUs, I kinda think to myself why do I bother? Wow, so you get symp change, but all people think of you is a complete dick.

Ony my PE, I "camp" MB GR, and by camp I mean wait for someone to GR, wait for them to have 0% SI and be ready to fight before preceding to kill them. However, my PE has to stealth into MB now, as CA think its "uber" to camp the GR and gank all that come through, hack the belt and still think they are better than everyone else because they exploit the SI'd.

Richard Blade
10-05-04, 21:25

I can't remember his name right now. I'm pretty sure he left or was kicked out of beta shortly after that. Megaman was still a noob at that time. This guy was a follower of Nathan Profit, or at least, one of the high rankers that came right after Nathan.

His motis operandi was to kill any lowbies near the gr's.
It wouldn't have mattered if they had si or not. A ganking is a ganking. He pretty much left any of the high level people near there alone. I usually only saw him kill low rank PE's, or spies anyway. Considering he was one of the only PA tanks on the server at that time, ... well anyway.

shenten
10-05-04, 22:32
If they do remove the SI on the genreps, they should at least put some negative effect, like if you GR too much you got intoxicated like when u take too much drugs. So this would prevent the behavior of that tank who GRed at all gr and ganked people that were there.

Morganth
10-05-04, 22:34
If they do remove the SI on the genreps, they should at least put some negative effect, like if you GR too much you got intoxicated like when u take too much drugs. So this would prevent the behavior of that tank who GRed at all gr and ganked people that were there.

Yeah, intoxication would be better than SI, as it means that your vision is gimped, you can't run straight and you will have difficulty aiming. Having said that, I would love to see a load of intoxicated players running about after some PE who has just GRed in.

StryfeX
11-05-04, 21:27
If they do remove the SI on the genreps, they should at least put some negative effect, like if you GR too much you got intoxicated like when u take too much drugs. So this would prevent the behavior of that tank who GRed at all gr and ganked people that were there.I think that would be a worthy negative. Much better than the current system at any rate.

--Stryfe

giga191
11-05-04, 21:40
Dont have SI when gring to safezones but have it when gring to warzones. And while ur at it: give the money that people spend on getting their backpacks to the person who did the most dmg to them b4 they died (less money for killing noobs coz they spend less on getting their bps back.

Syphn
11-05-04, 21:44
Id have to agree remove all SI from genreps.... it doesnt serve a purpose except to be annoying as hell.

-=z=-
11-05-04, 22:08
I think this could become a nice moneysink. Say 30-100k for no-SI genrep (depending on distance or your faction standing with owner of the GR). Whatcha think?

You and your clanmates could make a nice raid, but you couldn't do it indefinetly.