View Full Version : Rifles or Pistols

Kuya
09-05-04, 19:33
What do you like and WHY???

1. Rifles
2. Pistols

Dribble Joy
09-05-04, 19:42
I started my char with pistols, and she has used them ever since.
Rifles never really appealed, and my n00b life was in the sewers, where range was not the most important thing.

In the here and now, I still preffer pistols.
I dunno.. they are just cool.
Besides, I could never put down my judge.

Saza
09-05-04, 19:45
I was pistols as a n00b. Couldn't kill anyone, even at high level, so I went rifles. Was fun, but couldn't kill anybody either. Went back to pistols, I can kill a few people now... so pistols. They are a lot of fun.

SorkZmok
09-05-04, 20:12
Well i played a pistol PE for a long time, but now im a rifle spy and i love it.

Even though pistols are so much better atm. :(

n3m
09-05-04, 20:18
I alwyas liked pistols better.

But because pistols seem to be much better than rifles right now, go rifle. as they will probably get a boost in the near future and everyone will go back to rifle again. saves you time loming

Drake6k
09-05-04, 20:22
Lowtech Pistols cause they are so freakin fun.

I dont know why people say rifles suck. PE and RoG are both great guns. Ok they dont do CS damage but they are still good. You can snipe too 8| I kill people with the nerfed liberator ;)

Dribble Joy
09-05-04, 20:31
I really don't think rifles are underpowered as such.
There are issues with cirtain weapons on both sides, but overall it seems pretty balanced.

Though many people discard this argument, range is still a big factor.

As a pistol PE, dealing with a rifle using PKer in a sector like J_01 is a real hassle, you simply cannot do jack about him untill you in his face, and your route to him is a period where he can freely attack you.
Sniping too, you have no idea where it comes from, the same cannot be said of pistols.

Mr_Snow
09-05-04, 21:11
Pistols on a spy
Rifles on a PE
Generally thought of as the wrong way round these days but its how I started my first spy and PE and still my favourite.

tuxy
10-05-04, 00:51
rifles never got into pistols

Clownst0pper
10-05-04, 00:52
Pistols on any class, the variety is brilliant, minimal weapon lore required allowing for greater trade skilling, and double the dmg of current rifles.

Oh, and with rifles u run 2 slow

SilentEye
10-05-04, 01:20
Range ownz, rifles all the way.

Geth
10-05-04, 01:50
I like the versitility and power of rifles, while being more manuverable then heavy weapons. As we all know, the big down side is the crap clipping range, which needs to be pushed. Still with a rifle I can out range most Mobs while pistol users have to grin and bear it up close. :lol:

SjanTeN^
10-05-04, 01:54
Pistol. :-)

Scanner Darkly
10-05-04, 02:30
Rifles on my spy (HL / SH) - gives you that extra second or two before those CS packets/ HL pound me to shreds.

Pistols on my PE (Blacksun or drug for Judge/BoH - silly setup atm) - seems to do ok when I occasionally bring him out of the cupboard where he stays, gathering dust.

I think you can have lots of fun with either and Exec spies seem to rock too...

SD

sultana
10-05-04, 02:43
My first capped character was rifles, but i prefer pistols, alot more fun in duels as you can still run around at full speed. Though the rifle range is pretty uber =)

Organics
10-05-04, 02:51
Pistols, but trying Rifles atm :)

While we're on the subject of Pistols/Rifles, what exactly do the Ultima mods do? I've almost gathered all the parts of the Pistol ultima, just curious on what it actually does :)

sultana
10-05-04, 02:59
Pistols, but trying Rifles atm :)

While we're on the subject of Pistols/Rifles, what exactly do the Ultima mods do? I've almost gathered all the parts of the Pistol ultima, just curious on what it actually does :)
16% to frequency, handling and range

seraphian
10-05-04, 03:19
I prefer rifles, because I hunt in the wastes a lot, and the ability to engage and agg a mob at 1500 yards is really handy. Ifyou do a lot of caving mostly though, then pistol would prolly be better.

manderf
10-05-04, 04:04
i cant aim etheir. But i can make a way better pistol pe setup, and they can use the wyatt so i like em more.

StryfeX
10-05-04, 07:01
Personally I like rifles more, but from what I see, the only thing they currently have on pistols is range. Pistols usually put out more damage in a given period of time, aim faster at close range (which is where 90% of combat takes place), let you run faster with them out, and don't require near as much WEP to aim effectively, allowing for more tradeskills and PSI use.

--Stryfe

Freaky Fryd
10-05-04, 14:04
Rifles
I'm a kami'd stealth-whore spy and love it!
:lol: