PDA

View Full Version : Droner Leveling process

Kuya
09-05-04, 09:55
Hi everyone,

I have been playing neocron for a while now but i have no clue of how to level a droner, could somebody give me a guide, on leveling places from rank 0/2 to cap.

Thanks

SmackDaddy
11-05-04, 23:46
Kuya,

There are several good guides to droning and leveling in general in these forums. Search for threads on droning, and a few of the posts you find will be gold mines and most chaff, but it is worth skimming, you will pick up a lot of info. You have a lot of choices too, assuming you have a spy droner, you will be able to take a skill like hacking along with drone; repair is very handy for a droner; etc. Are you droning to level a tradeskiller, or are you focusing on the droning? You will spend a lot of time and credits getting drones researched and built. It would save you some time and credits to take some skill in research or construction so you can do some of the work yourself. You can then LOM it away later.

Leveling will go something like this:
- missions to kill bugs/rats in sewers (move on ASAP, this is pretty dull work)
- beggar/lazar missions in abandoned rooms 3 (much better loot - implants and guns
- aggie missions in abandoned cellars
Then you will be ready to go find/visit the easier leveling spots in the wastelands. There are some near Neocron (just east of Jericho) where you can find cyclops launchers. Avoid the Buchees, their grenades are hell on lower level drones (hard on the higher ones too).

seraphian
12-05-04, 07:24
for a droner, you can do the plants in the bottom of the sewer right away, don;'t bother with rats and flies...

then level up a few dex, I did that until I could use the first support drone I belive, then I moved on to doing agressors and Mutant Gunmen in the cellars.

From there once I could use the first raygun drone and the TL 60 assault drone I went to the cyclops pits and did cyclopse, that's where I am now... what server do you play on? I might be able to give you my old drones.

[edit] forgot you wanted to cap...

after cyclops you could move up to warbots, then caves, or (my favorite) DOY bots in the north desert.

Kuya
12-05-04, 14:58
Well it would be great if you could support me, im playing on Uranus

SmackDaddy
12-05-04, 18:19
I'm on Uranus too, also currently leveling at Cyclops pit. Usually on at odd hours tho (late PM Pacific on weekdays). Also on now and then on weekends. DM Linx and I'll do what I can - ress, build (lower TL drones), hunting expedition, etc. It looks like you have alts to do the engineering...

The guided missile drones (MR series) are pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to getting to the MR-1000, only 8 more dex pings and I'm there :)

[CiX]Brad
13-05-04, 08:40
I leveled a noob droner until I got bored and lomed him to rifle, and then to pure tradeskiller, anyway I'm not sure where the best places are to level after the aggie cellers because I got bored at that point.

Start off in sewers, do missions if you want, you wont have to go all the way to the end to find loads of rats in the first celler or anything because of the distance on a drone. In the sewers, stand behind some barrels in the first sewer you come to from P3 into P2, go down the sewer and got right, then just keep following it through til you come to the rats, the barrels are just there. Kill EVERYTHING you see, it takes some time at first but the more you kill the more exp, and the more exp the more levels so you can get better drones. After you have got some good levels and want to try a different drone, you should have some cash from your main if you have one, if not the kills will help, go to HEWs in P2 and buy as many good drones as you can, try not to get overloaded, and go back down until you lose most of them or you get loads of levels, then do it again.

Once you can use the fusion 3 shot drone (not sure of the name) buy a load and go down the aggie celler, if you get somone to help you clear out the first room, run to the second and go under the pip and onto the barrel thats behind it, from there you can launch any drone and hit things up to the first long room, where you find about 5 capts and about 3 normal aggies.

After that im not sure, go to MB and practice on cyclops's and buchees and stuff, then on to graves with a stealthing device or something.

good luck

tiikeri
17-05-04, 23:00
The fastest way is to get a load of cash/all +DEX imps/ and tons of DRUGS!

Instead of having hacking or what ever, pump up the implant skill so that u wont be depending on any pokers. Just make sure u have enough to always plug in ur new imps.

And about drugging.. u can get ur dex up by +12 just with 3 drugs (White,Red and that +3dex drug Semiwhateverwasthename) so always be full drugged when putting new imps in use so u get the highest possible dex u can have currently.

Always have the highest drone u can use when fully drugged, that way u will kill faster and gain exp faster. Its good to have ur drones rebuild, tho that doesn't make huge difference with em.(if s 1 disagrees with me on this one - i dont care :) )

I had my droner in 50 int 5X dex in around 4-6hours. (2-3hours per day for 2days). And not being quite aggressive exphunter. haven't capped him yet.. got bored =)

Edit: oh yea, if i remember right i have 89 dex when drugged.. base is around 50-60