View Full Version : need help with neocron image veiuer

tomparadox
09-05-04, 03:00
ok. i have this neocron img veiur thing to open the .bmps in neocron " the images" but when i try to start the program it sais "Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" i downloaded the VB stuff i found on its site. but it dont seem to work it still sais that. can anyone tell me how to fix this please? thx...

Nidhogg
09-05-04, 03:32
Try registering it. Bring up a command prompt and type:

regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

N

Shujin
09-05-04, 03:51
http://www.geocities.com/devils_thrill_mirror/oops.html

explains and has what you need.

incase u didnt see there was more than just VB runtime files on that page:

COMDLG32.OCX

This is an ActiveX component used by most software. This control is present in most Windows Operating Systems, and this error indicates that it either needs to be updated, is corrupted, or missing. After downloading follow these instructions.

COMDLG32.ZIP : 60.3 KB

1. For Windows 95/98/ME copy the file "COMDLG32.OCX" into your C:\Windows\System folder.
For Windows NT/2000/XP copy the file "COMDLG32.OCX" into your C:\Windows\System32 folder.

2. Click on START button in the Task bar

3. Click on Run...

4. Type in the Textbox: "Regsvr32.exe COMDLG32.OCX"

5. Click OK

The activeX component is now installed and registered in your Windows system

---====+++++====---

MSCOMCTL.OCX

This is an ActiveX component used by most software. This control is present in most Windows Operating Systems, and this error indicates that it either needs to be updated, is corrupted, or missing. After downloading follow these instructions.

MSCOMCTL.ZIP : 497 KB

1. For Windows 95/98/ME copy the file "MSCOMCTL.OCX" into your \Windows\System folder.
For Windows NT/2000/XP copy the file "MSCOMCTL.OCX" into your \Windows\System32 folder.

2. click on START button in the Task bar

3. click on Run...

4. Type in the Textbox: "Regsvr32.exe MSCOMCTL.OCX"

5. Click OK

The library file or active X component is now installed and registered in your Windows system