PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle idea

Mirco
08-05-04, 17:54
Ok, character runspeed is a problem for vehicle users who engage in pvp. I`ve been stacked to death while driving away from a monk as he didnt run that much slower than me and lost my shiny trike in the process.

My suggestion is as follows. Nitro boost on vehicles that increase top speed for a short period and a little recharge period so you cant go on nitro all the time. Yes, no or other?

Kasumi
08-05-04, 18:00
Ok, character runspeed is a problem for vehicle users who engage in pvp. I`ve been stacked to death while driving away from a monk as he didnt run that much slower than me and lost my shiny trike in the process.

My suggestion is as follows. Nitro boost on vehicles that increase top speed for a short period and a little recharge period so you cant go on nitro all the time. Yes, no or other?
Sounds like a silly idea so no! Runspeed just needs to be lowered and vehicles made faster.. ^^

naimex
08-05-04, 18:34
not nitro boosters.. but maybe just get their speed upped.

extract
08-05-04, 18:37
Sounds like a silly idea so no!

no sillier than nano healers :D :rolleyes:

n3m
08-05-04, 19:05
then they should also rework the physics, so we get to do crazy jumps

Mirco
08-05-04, 19:15
Sounds like a silly idea so no! Runspeed just needs to be lowered and vehicles made faster.. ^^

You know, what you are proposing here has been a wet dream of mine for ages. Slower runspeed would fix the vehicle problem and also would give neocron a damn lot more tactics to play with in non vehicle pvp. The problem is that I don`t think runspeed ever will be on the recieving end of the nerf bat. To many people oppose this idea as I recall in a thread that dealt with runspeed. Thats why I made this suggestion. Perhaps a boost in vehicle speed on the "small" vehicles would be sufficient.

SilentEye
08-05-04, 19:38
Hey,

I agree on just making some of the vehicles just a little faster, in general I find nothing wrong with the speeds at all though.

A real car needs to accelerate as well, you know?

Regards,
Silent

Kasumi
08-05-04, 20:13
Vehicles *need* real physics.. I think Planetside is hte best example for vehicles.. There flying vehicles and ground vehicles are really good and well did.. ^^

no sillier than nano healers :D :rolleyes: Well if you have better idea than post it in my thread this isnt the place to talk about this though.. Sorry for offtopic message Micro.. ^^

Epsilon 5
08-05-04, 20:51
i want faster light vehicles and i want the jeep to jump and slide like the warthog :D

Disturbed021
09-05-04, 09:46
not nitro boosters.. but maybe just get their speed upped.
What he said ^^
I think it's realy silly that an APU can keep up with a trike. :rolleyes:

amfest
09-05-04, 10:04
What he said ^^
I think it's realy silly that an APU can keep up with a trike. :rolleyes:
I think it's the Endurance that should get some nerfing and stamina boosters should work like psi boosters . . .a gradual recharge that's faster than just walking or standing still. But not so quickly that you can keep popping stams and it stays high enough as long as you pop them but after so many times popping it eventually you'll hit walk speed. Of course you can pop another but contiuning to try and run will keep your END down at the low level. Low level vehicles shoudl be pretty fast though for ground vehicles but of course very very light armor.

anyhow work endurance, stams, and increase the low end vehicle speed and it'll be a bother to keep up.