PDA

View Full Version : -idea- help pkers make a living

Kal
08-05-04, 12:18
just an idea but it would be pretty nice to have a system where a small amount of gold (a few k) was transfered to the killers bank from the victims as a reward for helping the faction, but only if its an enemy faction.

this would make facs like BD and TG good if you wanna pvp as more people would attack you and there would be more people to attack that you would get paid for, whereas phrotopharm, NEXT etc wouldn'd be able to make a lot of cash from pking but would be pked less, this would seperate the 'businessmen' from the fighters in a way.

you could also make a counter so that for each factionmember you kill of a certian faction that faction will pay slightly more for killing that runner, so it would be worth going out and hunting pks, giving em some more targets if their actually good enough to call emselves a pk.

yavimaya
08-05-04, 12:23
Very nice system, some expliots though... but obviously they could be overcome by not allowing you to be paid by killing the same runner twice in a row.

I've always wanted to a system that you got paid for killing runners as well as monsters.

athon
08-05-04, 12:24
just an idea but it would be pretty nice to have a system where a small amount of gold (a few k) was transfered to the killers bank from the victims as a reward for helping the faction, but only if its an enemy faction.

this would make facs like BD and TG good if you wanna pvp as more people would attack you and there would be more people to attack that you would get paid for, whereas phrotopharm, NEXT etc wouldn'd be able to make a lot of cash from pking but would be pked less, this would seperate the 'businessmen' from the fighters in a way.

you could also make a counter so that for each factionmember you kill of a certian faction that faction will pay slightly more for killing that runner, so it would be worth going out and hunting pks, giving em some more targets if their actually good enough to call emselves a pk.
Sounds like a griefers dream to me.

What's wrong with the current system? Why does the system need to be changed? If all you do is PVP you don't have to hunt for cash often(and I'm assuming you're capped here since there's no exp gains in pvp bar CON)

Athon Solo

garyu69
08-05-04, 12:32
Why don't you just hack their belt and thats your reward :p

Why should someone who goes around killing people make a living? I could understand if you were hired but just random killing makes you a criminal :)

Kal
08-05-04, 12:34
as it is there is little or no reward for killing an enemy, they drop a belt, if their in an anarchy zone, and if your a pistol PE with hack, spy (yeah right :lol: ) or a slightly gimped monk you can hack it, and 99% of there time it is crap like a hacktool or a stam booster.

it would be a risk/reward system and give a point to killing enemys, it should give a small amount of money from your account to an allied factionmember you kill unless you are at war with his clan as a 'consolidation' and an appology from your faction now i think about it, and you shouldnt get a reward for killing the same person more than 1 time an hour.

it would encourage red = dead yes but discourage killing alied and neutral people, meaning people who just want to hunt can join a faction like phrotopharm.

Why should someone who goes around killing people make a living? I could understand if you were hired but just random killing makes you a criminal

your faction hires you, and gives a higher reward for killing a known enemy to your faction

ezza
08-05-04, 12:38

Why should someone who goes around killing people make a living? I could understand if you were hired but just random killing makes you a criminal :)
yes of course a tank can hack :rolleyes:

and dont give me the get a spy line either, we get the kill we should get the reward for it

of course your a criminal, you kill someone, you take what you can off them, be it armour guns money whatever

yavimaya
08-05-04, 12:39

And under the current system, i could ask the question.. what do cityadmin/ next/ protopharma, etc. care about runners exterminating rats, mutants and warbots, etc?

They would care more about enemies dying than monsters, but thats not the way it is, is it?
Also, i dont think it's very fair or smart to force people to have hacking - and under normal playing conditions if you PK the average person you need a cuntload of hacking to open the belt - just to open their "prize"?

I want beta4 belt drop system, with cash thrown in via Kal's system.

Err, edited ;P
Looked at the wrong post.

Kal
08-05-04, 12:42
garys system?

ResurgencE
08-05-04, 12:44
Why should someone who goes around killing people make a living? I could understand if you were hired but just random killing makes you a criminal

So BD, tsunami, etc. are not criminals?

Kal
08-05-04, 12:46
if he'd read my first post he'd of found that the reason is quite obvious and wouldnt have had to ask :lol:

naimex
08-05-04, 12:56

Why should someone who goes around killing mobs make a living?

dude... you get several THOUSANDS from killing some big fat blob of anal gasses and flesh..

and you get jack shit from whacking a player.

IMHO, killing a player and get a cash reward makes a helluh lotta more sense to me, than getting money from killing flesh piles.

Strych9
08-05-04, 15:55
Why should someone who goes around killing mobs make a living?Because they are doing a service to the community. In real life, people make a living killing unwanted animals, insects, pests, etc. How is that such a hard thing to grasp?

The govt wants the wastelands and the sewers to be safer for its populace and cleaner. No city wants its sewers crawling with rodents. So it pays you to get rid of them.

Given the setting of the game, it makes perfect sense.
dude... you get several THOUSANDS from killing some big fat blob of anal gasses and flesh..

and you get jack shit from whacking a player.What government would want you to run around whacking players? That is rather nihilistic.

Now maybe factional enemies, and you get paid by the faction- but even then factions probably would care more about outposts than you just randomly killing a player from an enemy faction. And what if the enemy runner was doing something to help your faction?

So I can see you getting payments for killing enemy runners. I would rather see that attched to a level scheme (payout based on the combat level of the victim) to avoid SOME exploits, but even then you would still have people killing each other for money. At least mobs always TRY to fight back.
IMHO, killing a player and get a cash reward makes a helluh lotta more sense to me, than getting money from killing flesh piles.Explain why that is.

Kal
08-05-04, 16:03
Strych9 read my second post and explain how people could exploit with it

garyu69
08-05-04, 16:13
your faction hires you, and gives a higher reward for killing a known enemy to your faction
they do not hire you to go killing every enemy to your faction.
Tangent and Fallen Angels, they are enemies to each other through business, not in pure war situation.
Yes you have to kill them in the Epic, but as the story goes in the Epic it is to teach them a lesson. Your faction does not hire you to go and whack all reds.

Maybe if there was an NPC put in Faction HQ's where you could gain PK'ing missions and you got a decent reward now that would be nice. But say you fail the mission and die first you pay the penalty and lose some cash.

Yes maybe PK'ers should recieve some sort of reward but at the end of the day this is a MMORPG so some sort of story reasoning would be nice to see instead of you should get cash because.... well just because.

As for saying you need a lot of hack to get in belts and get gimped, i can do both, PK and Hack.
And this shinny PA i got last night shows that =)

Strych9
08-05-04, 16:15
Strych9 read my second post and explain how people could exploit with itI have 2 runners. 1 CA, 1 TG. I get them both into the CA apt, and the TG kills the CA over and over. CA genreps back into his own apt, TG kills him. TG keeps getting money for killing an enemy over and over.

Having payout combat rank based would stop this from being done with a newb (meaning the victim would have to have been levelled some).. but either way it can still be exploited.

And of ourse it doesnt have to be the same account owner. Can just be two friends.

Or to make it less of an exploit- me and my bud get our two highest level characters, and then genrep to Ind Lab A in the outzone. We just start going at each other. When one dies they just genrep back in and keep going at it. After the first few deaths the SI wont get any worse, and you just use the best possible weapon you can with 98% SI.

That way, you have two enemies, two different accounts going at it. They are really "levelling con" since they are both attacking each other, but they are both getting paid for it. Would take a while for the combat ranks to drop from where they were when the fighting started.

Of course, this could be tempered by how much money you get. But if its low enough to discourage this stuff, it wont be high enough to help a PKer survive.

Frankly PKers can survive just fine- and from what I have seen they dont need any encouragement to have a reason to kill people. :rolleyes: What they need is to have some of the neg SL rules changed a bit IMHO.

But right now, a RP factional killer can kill ALL of the factional enemies he wants, and has NO problem surviving in th game.

Most PKers are paranoid of losing, and therefore dont even start PKing til they get a good rare gun anyway. If they dont know how to make money by then, something is afoot.

cRazy2003
08-05-04, 16:24
no thanks

LiL T
08-05-04, 16:33
I have 2 runners. 1 CA, 1 TG. I get them both into the CA apt, and the TG kills the CA over and over. CA genreps back into his own apt, TG kills him. TG keeps getting money for killing an enemy over and over.

Having payout combat rank based would stop this from being done with a newb (meaning the victim would have to have been levelled some).. but either way it can still be exploited.

And of ourse it doesnt have to be the same account owner. Can just be two friends.

Or to make it less of an exploit- me and my bud get our two highest level characters, and then genrep to Ind Lab A in the outzone. We just start going at each other. When one dies they just genrep back in and keep going at it. After the first few deaths the SI wont get any worse, and you just use the best possible weapon you can with 98% SI.

That way, you have two enemies, two different accounts going at it. They are really "levelling con" since they are both attacking each other, but they are both getting paid for it. Would take a while for the combat ranks to drop from where they were when the fighting started.

Of course, this could be tempered by how much money you get. But if its low enough to discourage this stuff, it wont be high enough to help a PKer survive.

Frankly PKers can survive just fine- and from what I have seen they dont need any encouragement to have a reason to kill people. :rolleyes: What they need is to have some of the neg SL rules changed a bit IMHO.

But right now, a RP factional killer can kill ALL of the factional enemies he wants, and has NO problem surviving in th game.

Most PKers are paranoid of losing, and therefore dont even start PKing til they get a good rare gun anyway. If they dont know how to make money by then, something is afoot.

It could not be exploited if the money was coming from the victims account :rolleyes:

Why is it when ever someone posts a cool idea that don't harm anyone theres allways people that totaly disagree and only give ugh its a grief system or some shit like that. The fact is It won't change much people who pk will allways pk the only thing that changes is the pker gets cash for killing his enemy

Kal
08-05-04, 17:26
I have 2 runners. 1 CA, 1 TG. I get them both into the CA apt, and the TG kills the CA over and over. CA genreps back into his own apt, TG kills him. TG keeps getting money for killing an enemy over and over.

they do not hire you to go killing every enemy to your faction.
Tangent and Fallen Angels, they are enemies to each other through business, not in pure war situation.
Yes you have to kill them in the Epic, but as the story goes in the Epic it is to teach them a lesson. Your faction does not hire you to go and whack all reds.

Maybe if there was an NPC put in Faction HQ's where you could gain PK'ing missions and you got a decent reward now that would be nice. But say you fail the mission and die first you pay the penalty and lose some cash.

Yes maybe PK'ers should recieve some sort of reward but at the end of the day this is a MMORPG so some sort of story reasoning would be nice to see instead of you should get cash because.... well just because.

As for saying you need a lot of hack to get in belts and get gimped, i can do both, PK and Hack.
And this shinny PA i got last night shows that =)

FFS now stop and actually read my first 2 posts, not just the first 2 sentances.

they explain all these things and how these 'exploits' are impossible.

and thanks LiL T for actually reading my posts before you speak :rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
08-05-04, 18:03
Would be good with some refinments, but would cripple noobs?

naimex
08-05-04, 18:33
Because they are doing a service to the community. In real life, people make a living killing unwanted animals, insects, pests, etc. How is that such a hard thing to grasp?

The govt wants the wastelands and the sewers to be safer for its populace and cleaner. No city wants its sewers crawling with rodents. So it pays you to get rid of them.

Given the setting of the game, it makes perfect sense.What government would want you to run around whacking players? That is rather nihilistic.

Now maybe factional enemies, and you get paid by the faction- but even then factions probably would care more about outposts than you just randomly killing a player from an enemy faction. And what if the enemy runner was doing something to help your faction?

So I can see you getting payments for killing enemy runners. I would rather see that attched to a level scheme (payout based on the combat level of the victim) to avoid SOME exploits, but even then you would still have people killing each other for money. At least mobs always TRY to fight back.Explain why that is.

I can see your point in getting money as a community service payment...

but still..

as was said if the money was taken from victims account.

Then just get the bank up and running, and then the money not in bank, (meaning the money on you) would then be dropped (some 5 - 10 %)

And it makes more sense because, a dude dies, and you rob his ass...

SypH
08-05-04, 20:03
Um nobody in Neocron actually carries money. When you kill a mob or complete a mission the money is credited to your account, it doesnt just magically appear, or fall out of a dispenser on a citycomm. That sort of mean the whole "I kill you so I'll rob you!" arguement is pointless since you cant take money that someone isnt carrying;)

If the PKer is going to get rewarded for killing it should be from the faction, and based on the Combat Rank of the runner he killed ( You kill an 0/2 runner and you're capped you get bugger all, you kill another capped runner and you get a few thousand)

Oath
08-05-04, 20:56
Sure a reward for pking, based on rank :) you should also gain exp from killing players, based on level and rank again.

Make it worthwile to pvp, not just pk.

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:18
No!!! PKers shouldn't be rewarded for murdering a runner.. It should be frowned apone by any faction except for maybe BD since they are bad people anyway! Non Pkers dont get rewarded for not Pking so why should someone *considered* a bad *runner* be rewarded for making his/her faction look bad?

ezza
08-05-04, 21:29
No!!! PKers shouldn't be rewarded for murdering a runner.. It should be frowned apone by any faction except for maybe BD since they are bad people anyway! Non Pkers dont get rewarded for not Pking so why should someone *considered* a bad *runner* be rewarded for making his/her faction look bad?
imo hes not making his faction look bad, hes cleaning out the trash element that inhabits his enemy factions

every time i kill a FA/CA/TS/BT i dont think im making my faction look bad, im doing my factions a favour,and i should be rewarded for destroying my enemies

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:34
imo hes not making his faction look bad, hes cleaning out the trash element that inhabits his enemy factions

every time i kill a FA/CA/TS/BT i dont think im making my faction look bad, im doing my factions a favour,and i should be rewarded for destroying my enemies
How? Your killing Innocent people.. Just another person who picked a different corporation? I dont think your faction CEO or whatever to kill people INNOCENT people for no reason and than give you a credit reward? If you were a Black Dragon I could see them paying you money for killing Tsunami but that is it. TG I dont think would go kill "trash" because TG is fighting for a reason they are fredom frighters! They want to free Neocron of Reeza thats it not kill innocen tpeople and put fear into their hearts and rule Neocron like Reeza.. :/

petek480
08-05-04, 21:36
When will people start realizing neocron is based in a cyber punk world not carebear land :rolleyes:

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:37
When will people start realizing neocron is based in a cyber punk world not carebear land :rolleyes:Cyberpunk doesnt mean kill everything and anything that you see.. :) Using childish words also doesnt impress anyone.. :/

Forget My Name

And this is any better/worse than the 'exploit' of making and selling apc's for stupid amount of economy destroying cash?

petek480
Cyberpunk doesnt mean kill everything and anything that you see.. :)
It also doesn't mean be nice to everything you see and invite them to go leveling with you.

ezza
08-05-04, 21:39
i guess we differ on opinions of our enemies, i view them as a enemy and i view that my faction thinks of them as enemies and so wants them wiped out.

i mean take the epics, they require you to kill enemies.

Bio demand you kill a TT
CA want you to kill TG
PP want tsunami whacked

just 3 examples but all the factions are wanting there enemies killed

thats the way i view it

you can use modern day view on how factions would work in future, CA rule with a iron fist, they want there enemies removed.

Crahn have a deep hatred for CA as they removed the monks from power blah blah blah etc etc

so i see it as a resonable justification to kill my enemies, and i belive my leader would also wish me to wipe out my enemy

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:40
It also doesn't mean be nice to everything you see and invite them to go leveling with you.I didnt say that. But a faction isnt going to reward you for killing people of an a "rival" faction even if this is a cyberpunk *game*. PKing is also very anti roleplay which Neocron is a *Roleplay Game*.. :)

Bio demand you kill a TT
CA want you to kill TG
PP want tsunami whacked
Usually it isnt someone form the faction that wants a person killed it someone that is part of the Epic.. Not someone directly related to that faction.. :/

ezza
08-05-04, 21:42
pking isnt anti role play, its just your point of view of it not being role play

for me killing my enemies is part of my char

petek480
08-05-04, 21:43
I didnt say that. But a faction isnt going to reward you for killing people of an a "rival" faction even if this is a cyberpunk *game*. PKing is also very anti roleplay which Neocron is a *Roleplay Game*.. :)

Usually it isnt someone form the faction that wants a person killed it someone that is part of the Epic.. Not someone directly related to that faction.. :/
It's a post apocalyptic world, that means you do whatever you can to survive and being nice to your enemies won't help you survive. And pking isn't anti roleplaying. Hanging out with the enemy and having tea parties and leveling with them is though ;)

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:44
Edit: Nevermind I dont care.. Getting mad, I am to tired. :/

Epsilon 5
08-05-04, 21:44
How? Your killing Innocent people.. Just another person who picked a different corporation? I dont think your faction CEO or whatever to kill people INNOCENT people for no reason and than give you a credit reward? If you were a Black Dragon I could see them paying you money for killing Tsunami but that is it. TG I dont think would go kill "trash" because TG is fighting for a reason they are fredom frighters! They want to free Neocron of Reeza thats it not kill innocen tpeople and put fear into their hearts and rule Neocron like Reeza.. :/

much on the contrary, enemies see each other like scum. You say bd are the only real bad guys .. but that's a relative point of view .. afterall, isn't BD allies with both protopharm and biotech?

Any NPC talking about a faction never ever said about sparing the life of innocents that don't know about the war. You stopped being innocent when you pulled out the LE.

Do epics, and read what some say when they ask you to kill an enemy. The crahn dude in the proto epic talks about "killing them (FA) all eventually"

but anyway .. back on topic ..

I think people should be rewarded for killing faction enemies, but only within the rules of epics - equal or higher combat rank as you. (of course that would ask for tanks to be higher ranked, but i digress), and only once per game day per player. SL rules stull apply, and you don't get rewards when under 0 SL

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:45
It's a post apocalyptic world, that means you do whatever you can to survive and being nice to your enemies won't help you survive. And pking isn't anti roleplaying. Hanging out with the enemy and having tea parties and leveling with them is though ;)
No.. Red faction doesnt mean they are YOUR enemy.. It means you have problems with that faction but they are not your "sworn" enemy.

ezza
08-05-04, 21:46
Ezza do you even roleplay?
if what you defind as role play proberbly not, i dont go around kissing the asses of my enemies like you do.

and if you have ever heard some of the comments i give out after ive killed someone in local so they know i killed them you wouldnt argue with me being a Follower of Crahn and playing my role

just cos i aint sipping tea at chez cypher or downing a wiskey jack at the pepper park pub dont mean i dont role play

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:47
if what you defind as role play proberbly not, i dont go around kissing the asses of my enemies like you do.

and if you have ever heard some of the comments i give out after ive killed someone in local so they know i killed them you wouldnt argue with me being a Follower of Crahn and playing my role

just cos i aint sipping tea at chez cypher or downing a wiskey jack at the pepper park pub dont mean i dont role play
I edited my post because you have your own way of roleplay and I should respect that.. Wether you roleplay is your choice.. But thinking roleplay is just "drinking" with people is wrong.. Maybe you should try roleplay? Be your character? Act like him.. Think that he is you and not just an avatar..

ezza
08-05-04, 21:48
im a gen tank in game and a crahn one at that, belive me i act my tank in game, and i fight the infidel enemies at every turn as thats what i view them as.

i could argue with you all night however i want to go play some neocron now so later ;)

petek480
08-05-04, 21:49
No.. Red faction doesnt mean they are YOUR enemy.. It means you have problems with that faction but they are not your "sworn" enemy.
Oh isn't that cute you're making up your own rules. Well thats nice and all but most of us play by what KK put ingame and red faction means they're your enemy. Look at your faction symps. The ones that are red say you're hostile or something like that to them.

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:51
Oh isn't that cute you're making up your own rules. Well thats nice and all but most of us play by what KK put ingame and red faction means they're your enemy. Look at your faction symps. The ones that are red say you're hostitle or something like that to them.
Most people play Neocron like it is Planetside.. ^^

petek480
08-05-04, 21:52
Most people play Neocron like it is Planetside.. ^^
That should tell you about what type of people the game is geared towards ;)

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:53
That should tell you about what type of people the game is geared towards ;)
None roleplayers? People who dont belong in a MMORPG? If it is for FPS players than why is is labeled a ROLEPLAY Game???

petek480
08-05-04, 21:56
None roleplayers? People who dont belong in a MMORPG? If it is for FPS players than why is is labeled a ROLEPLAY Game???
Just becuase the game is fps based doesn't mean there can't be any roleplaying. It just means that the tea parties the carebears want to have might not be safe all the time. Makes things more exciting if you ask me.

Kasumi
08-05-04, 21:58
Just becuase the game is fps based doesn't mean there can't be any roleplaying. It just means that the tea parties the carebears want to have might not be safe all the time. Makes things more exciting if you ask me.
Your childish word again.. :/ Not roleplayer does what you say.. I have met a couple roleplayers and they never act like what you discribe.. in Neocron.. Not even rolesplayers in Lineage II "do" that..

petek480
08-05-04, 22:01
Your childish word again.. :/ Not roleplayer does what you say.. I have met a couple roleplayers and they never act like what you discribe.. in Neocron.. Not even rolesplayers in Lineage II "do" that..
So you mean that the roleplayers don't get together with the enemies? Or don't get mad when they're attacked during one of these gatherings, whether it's to level or just hang out?

garyu69
08-05-04, 22:07
i mean take the epics, they require you to kill enemies.

Bio demand you kill a TT
CA want you to kill TG
PP want tsunami whacked

just 3 examples but all the factions are wanting there enemies killed
As i said earlier that was story stuff.

You do those epics and tell me why you were asked to kill them. Was it not because of an incident that took place?
Therefore you just going around killing reds means you are killing innocent people with no apparent reason.

Oath
08-05-04, 22:18
There is no set style or rules for roleplaying, just remember the terms of service and your fine.

Dirk_Gently
08-05-04, 23:42
I kind of agree with the point, I would like to see it so people who want to randomnly pk can do it but in an rpg style.

I'd like it if there was a bandit/outlaw fac set up that were hostile to everyone and did, as you said reward pking (is that what the Jailhouse is about??). This would have to be coupled with the jazzing up of the wastelands that will happen in BDOY(as that is where this fac would be based) so it were viable to live there.

It would mean that they could pk within an rp environ and be rewarded for it. One of the main attractions of Neocron is non-consensual PvP and this would emphasise that factor by making it a part of the actual storyline and make it fun ("I need to go from TH to MB, but what about the outlaws??".

This has probably been all said before but I would like a side like this to the game, one of Neocrons strengths is that people can effectively do what they want in game (within tos obviously) so I say include it formally in the format and make it a big selling point.

yavimaya
09-05-04, 02:39

Err i had already addressed that problem..... dont allow them to get a reward if they kill the same prson twice in a row! even if they log out, or dont kill anyone for the next 6 months, no reward for killing someone more than once in a row!

Saito Hajime
09-05-04, 04:24
not ever should this be implemented.

I am all about pk, I pk, I've been pk'd its part of the game.
Still, theres no reason to open the flood gates of griefing by actually rewarding killing outside of missions/events/the plot of the game. Even if you made it so that you could get cash off a player, smart players would just stash it in thier stock account anytime they go someplace risky and you get shit anyway. Under no circumstances should you have access to money other than what a character has on them or what they are willing to hand to you. What? You want to be able to take some guys money that he doesnt even have on him cause he happened to be fighting 2 warbots when you came across him? Jesus, thats some goddamn greed right there. As if this game needs any more reason for bored assholes to hang out in the pepper park zones, or camp gen reps or whatever.

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea.

Epsilon 5
09-05-04, 22:14
Err i had already addressed that problem..... dont allow them to get a reward if they kill the same prson twice in a row! even if they log out, or dont kill anyone for the next 6 months, no reward for killing someone more than once in a row!

and i proposed better by saying you can only kill someone once per game day .. it would be too easy to be 3 guys and changing target after every kill.

Epsilon 5
09-05-04, 22:18
no circumstances should you have access to money other than what a character has on them or what they are willing to hand to you

The idea is that your FACTION is paying you .. it's not like dropping money in your belt or something. you don't lose money solely for being pked

40$Poser
09-05-04, 22:25

basically a bounty hunter type option, I'd like that.