PDA

View Full Version : Are factionless runners part of the game?

RayBob
08-05-04, 06:59
Clearly, the game was not intended to have factionless runners. Yet there are plenty of them running around. I've seen this bug when people leave a clan but some people have found a way to make it last even if they zone. We also have several of the famous "green guys" running around. When can we get these anomalies fixed?

dL9
08-05-04, 07:21
Yes they are part of the game since this is no bug O_o

Sick
08-05-04, 07:27
ya, on venus your faction counsilor can kick you out of your faction into a factionless state, seems pretty intentional that you can become factionless, although it does screw up your F6 screen a bit.

enigma_b17
08-05-04, 07:30
its not a bug, its a feature

Drake6k
08-05-04, 07:32
If you get negative symp with your faction you go factionless. How is that a bug? Makes perfect sense.

Epsilon 5
08-05-04, 08:17
If you get negative symp with your faction you go factionless. How is that a bug? Makes perfect sense.

ahh so you CAN get kicked out of your faction automatically .. interesting i must say.

Omnituens
08-05-04, 08:21
shame it looks like a bug though

iirc factionless guys are NOT allied to DoY bots, but that might have been changed.

They also cant GR anywhere unless the GR is set to All (i think)

RayBob
08-05-04, 08:34
So if you are factionless you can PK anyone and not lose SL or faction sympathy? Anyone can PK you and not lose SL or faction sympathy? How do you know who is friendly or hostile?

Shadow Dancer
08-05-04, 09:03
When you are factionless, you are green to everyone and everyone is green to you. So no pking without SL loss at all. :p

And why do you want green guys fixed? That's a cool bug. :D

naimex
08-05-04, 12:45
When you are factionless, you are green to everyone and everyone is green to you. So no pking without SL loss at all. :p

And why do you want green guys fixed? That's a cool bug. :D

nope yellow = neutral to all..

same as when you changed faction before it required sympathy and money, when you had joined a clan in another faction, you had changed symp, and then you got a faction called "Developer", it was a "No Faction" with all other factions as neutral.

That is what we know now as "No Faction"..

so No Faction has been there all along you just couldnīt get kicked out of your faction before, since your faction wasnīt related to symp at all..

(still mostly isnīt)

yavimaya
08-05-04, 13:00
So if you are factionless you can PK anyone and not lose SL or faction sympathy? Anyone can PK you and not lose SL or faction sympathy? How do you know who is friendly or hostile?

If you are factionless, your SoulLight is your faction. Have Positive SL and your friendly to all, including faction guards.. if you have negative FS with a faction you will be shot though, but no more getting shot just because it says "hostile" in F6.

You lose SoulLight like normal, but not faction symp at all iirc.

You are allied/ neutral to EVERYONE, unless you get Neg. SL, then you are red to everyone, and every faction.

You can genrep to anywhere and be safe, if you are able to use the GR - only "access to all" GR are usable!!

My first char i started in retail went TT to start with, then i ventured to TG, liked it and made it my home... was still TT for along time, until some people i had met invited me to join "Men in Green".
This was back before you needed 50 FS and cash to change factions, iirc you didnt even need to be in the faction to join a clan?? ... or else i dropped my TT symp. enough to be an allied/ neutral faction... cant remember, was long ago.

Basically when i Quit the clan i had no FS over 12, and never got assigned a faction.

A few times i over the last year or so i have sync'd or logged in and have had a random faction assigned to me, but another sync and it was gone again...

I really like the idea of Factionless, kind of TG styles, but even more so, and have been waiting all this time in my current state, for DOY and hopefully Anarchy Breed! damn i want to be that soo much.

naimex
08-05-04, 13:07
This was back before you needed 50 FS and cash to change factions, iirc you didnt even need to be in the faction to join a clan?

correct....

You just joined clan back then, and then you auto-switched to the clans faction.

But there was problems even after they had added the 50 fs to switch thing,

(these things works now)

But you could stay in clan and just join a different faction.. so you had 2 factions as your allied, and could do all epics without leaving clan at all.

but they were fixed 1 patch later.

One of the main things that doesnīt work properly atm is that when you have -99 CA symp, the CA guards still donīt shoot you. (just took CA as an example, this goes for all factions)

yavimaya
08-05-04, 13:10
One of the main things that doesnīt work properly atm is that when you have -99 CA symp, the CA guards still donīt shoot you. (just took CA as an example, this goes for all factions)

I thought that more come down to the fact that they are passive guards.. not like the ones in medicare, whom DO act properly, and kill those whom shouldnt be in there...

naimex
08-05-04, 14:23
I thought that more come down to the fact that they are passive guards.. not like the ones in medicare, whom DO act properly, and kill those whom shouldnt be in there...

well they made a new aggro management system for mobs.. just gotta do it for guards as well..

extract
08-05-04, 14:27
Im pretty sure they made a thread or announcement regarding this matter, Im also pretty sure they said that it was not a choice for you to go....afaik, they will stick u in a faction....I was factionless due to a bug where i left clan and i just stayed factionless for like 3 months.......then one day out of the blue I was back in biotech, which was shitty as i was posted right outside TG cave.....

Nidhogg
08-05-04, 14:35
As things stand today, everyone should be in a faction. If you are not in a faction then please email helpdesk@neocron.com and we'll take a look.

N

tomparadox
08-05-04, 15:42
As things stand today, everyone should be in a faction. If you are not in a faction then please email helpdesk@neocron.com and we'll take a look.

N

why? i hate being a faction. IMO i like being no faction because i get PKed a lot less. i dont get that stupid " UR READ KOS KOS KOS KOS KOS" crap. oh and btw i think it is a featur because all you half to do is quit your clan and it kicked me outa my faction.

Strych9
08-05-04, 16:04
I think its a bug too. First it makes no sense that if you leave a clan you lose a factional standing. Second, all of your other sympathies get really messed up when this happens. Third, your faction screen actually has a faction that is off the window in game- so cleary its a byproduct that was unintended. Otherwise the screen would accomodate the listing of the factions.

Scanner Darkly
09-05-04, 02:46
Thx for clarifying that - I had no idea that red/yellow to all was SL dependant. Only lost my faction once, when I was an LE droner leveling at MB bunker last year and lost my faction on the second day...

It was nice to be allied/neutral to all tho :angel:

Ciao,

SD

PS: @ NIDHOGG : Will the current system be reworked for BDoY, so that factionless runners cant run around freely both cities?

yavimaya
09-05-04, 02:51
don't think ill be emailing anyone anytime soon.
Think i might wait until DoY and see if anarchy breed is in... if it is, i'll work towards that, else ill just go spastic like you wouldnt believe. :P

Scanner Darkly
09-05-04, 03:15
I believe you dude :lol:

greets,

SD

jernau
09-05-04, 17:53
shame it looks like a bug though

iirc factionless guys are NOT allied to DoY bots, but that might have been changed.

They also cant GR anywhere unless the GR is set to All (i think)
Correct on both.