PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Resource Site

-FN-
08-05-04, 02:50
http://nc.synergyxr.net/

I was going through my old posts and noticed I never actually posted about the 'Public' version of the resource site I've been working on, only subtle mentions here and there. Here's a snippet from the old news on the site:

Why yet another Neocron Resource Site?
- Well, Zai has not updated Croncom.com since September 2003. Mayze has (temporarily?) abandoned Neonoob.com. And our old "Bible" site, neocron.ems.ru hasn't been updated since Retail Patch #187.

What makes this site different? Won't you just quit and leave the community in the same boat after a few months?
- This site has been built completely from scratch (or rather is being built at the time of this writing) from pure database values. Barely anything has been hardcoded in, right down to the skills, factions, items, damage types, etc. My eventual goal is, once the site is caught up to the level of most of the other sites with info, using forms and email, the bulk of the site will be community dependent on it's up-to-date info. Users will be able to submit new items, mobs, guides, etc via forms and site admins will simply have to approve them.

Why database driven instead of static files?
- With the database, users can have the ability to update/submit/etc. Also I have a bunch of cool utilities (part calculators for mass building, etc) in mind and you can search for virtually anything (i.e. show me all items in the game that I can use with the stats I list, etc).

I hope the community will take what is presented here into their hands and use it to their advantage :)

Basically, the site stays as accurate and up-to-date as the Community would like it to be. Item Updates can be submitted via the "Submit Update" link in the Item Window Pop-ups or on the forum. New Items can be added by any registered member, however will not show up on the site listings unless approved by one of our Admins. I'm also working on the mob section of the database and will throw up the Zones Info section in the next few days as well. Walkthroughs are still being worked on. There's a simple search on the items which I'm working on expanding. There's a part calculator in the Datacube view of all the popups for mass building. However, there's also a lot of BLANKS on the site as I've just recently added Time Durations, Construction and Skill Stat Caps, and a few other bits of info for each item. Feel free to submit an update or post on the forums any info you can help with! The .plan can be found here (http://nc.synergyxr.net/plan.php).

All suggestions/comments are welcome and I ask that they be directed to the Resource Site Forum (http://forums.synergyxr.net/viewforum.php?f=11). I'm also open to any contributions, be it data or entire sections you thing the community would find useful. All work will be credited to ya.

So um, yeah, for anyone who didn't know about it yet, there you go.

Scanner Darkly
09-05-04, 06:15
Lovely looking site...you've really spent some time and effort on this. I took a quick glance at it just now.

I believe there will soon be a NC bestiary project (probably finalised after the latest TS server has gone live) that was proposed by dL9, one I will most likely be collaborating on. Maybe you'd like to tie that into your site as well? More details on that forthcoming soon.

Anyway keep up the good work, and I'll be sure to check into your site properly soon.

Greets,

SD

Shujin
09-05-04, 06:25
Greets,

SD
yea... you might wanna change that siggy of urs rather quick like.

Graphics and Signatures

Stormbot (Reakktor), Copbot/Warbot (Volunteer Moderators/GM's) and
Faction Counsellor avatars are the exclusive domain of Reakktor staff and
volunteers. Custom avatars/signatures may not break other forum rules and
may not resemble official avatars. Signatures may not be higher then 100
pixels in height, 6 lines of text or a combination of the two (for example,
it is permissible to have a 50px graphic and 3 lines of text). Signature
width may be as long as you require provided it does not extend the
screen on a 1024*768 resolution and linked content must not consume excessive
bandwidth. You can check your signature by right clicking
on it and choosing properties; it will give you a length and width.

and just so u know im not tryin to be a smart ass or anything by sayin that o.0 jus wanted to let cha know before a mod takes it away or warns u or somethin... even tho... well actually it wouldnt hurt if a mod said somethin to u, whats he gonna do? smack ya around for havin a big sig? nah... im tired g'n... ;o

Scanner Darkly
09-05-04, 09:07
I guess I will have to install Photoshop after all o_O

Regards,

SD

PS: thanks for the warning

Maarten
09-05-04, 14:00
Big tip: don't sort the Junk database on TL, since they are almost all TL1 anyway. Sort them on price/value. That way people can see what kind of junk is best for cloning ammo.

BioTech epic. Mission 5. Step 3. I have never been to Tawkeen Village for the BioTech epic... Oh, and you get the MOVEON on completion of Mission 5.

CityAdmin epic. Mission 3. Step 2. Simmons is not located in Tech Haven, but in Pepper Park 2.

Shujin
09-05-04, 21:27
if u ever need space to put downlaods or somethin just let me know, i got a place i dont even use... i was gonna start my own site but im far to busy now ;o... school + work = -time

-FN-
09-05-04, 22:36
Big tip: don't sort the Junk database on TL, since they are almost all TL1 anyway. Sort them on price/value. That way people can see what kind of junk is best for cloning ammo.

BioTech epic. Mission 5. Step 3. I have never been to Tawkeen Village for the BioTech epic... Oh, and you get the MOVEON on completion of Mission 5.

CityAdmin epic. Mission 3. Step 2. Simmons is not located in Tech Haven, but in Pepper Park 2.
Thanks :) I'll do that today or tomorrow... feel free to post updates on the site forum tho as I don't want to get a smack for a long thread that might be 'advertising' here :wtf:

Genty
09-05-04, 22:41
You don't happen to have vehicle requirements do you? More specifically the Heavy Scorpian Trike.

Organics
10-05-04, 01:20
This site is great, I use it all the time :)

Must submit some more stuff if I find anything missing. Really good work though, nice and easy to use etc.

Shujin
15-05-04, 08:31
:) hiya :) I just thought of something, if you dont think it would be a waste of space / time.. would you create a small Modding section. Theres a section on the NC forum but i duno if people realize its there or just dont care.
like a download area for custom stuff like custom skins, rpos moddifications, and login screens.

A nice lil place in Utilities section you could put the modding tools we use and stuff :)

just a small request, dont mind if you feel it would be a waste ;]