PDA

View Full Version : Remove Credit Drop ^_^

Kasumi
07-05-04, 15:44
I would like to see the Credit drop when you kill a mob removed. How does a mob give you money?? I think this is a very old idea.. Money should be gained through items found and tradeskill. Money is to easy to get right now anyway. ^^ Mob *loot* needs to be rework to. Things like vehicle parts should *have* to be built not dropped. I hate killing a mob to see it drop armor and vehicles parts.. I dont understand how a Grim Chaser carries armor with it? And Vehicle parts? Well back to the original reason for this thread. Credit reward *needs* to be removed.

If you have to have credit reward than you should have to buy something like a *Small Recorder* or something that records what you have killed and than turn it into the a person who will exchange what you have killed for money but credits appearing from nothing is weird. ^^ For people who think this is so much work.. I have to say is that *this* is an MMORPG things should not be always easy and done quick. Neocron is to simple right now and I would like to see it made into something very complex.. ^_^

winnoc
07-05-04, 15:50
Should have been done from the start then, otherwise all the people that have hoarded millions of nc are gonna be filthy rich when the money pool gets drained.

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 15:54
The armour drops are from when the grim eats poor ickle spies who wander by whilst making armour for tanks ;) The money, I thought that was a reward for killing evil mutant creatures?

Strych9
07-05-04, 16:06
Mobs dont give you money. The gov't gives you money for killing them I think. If they dropped money, it wouldnt drop based on your level.

Kasumi
07-05-04, 16:07
Mobs dont give you money. The gov't gives you money for killing them I think. If they dropped money, it wouldnt drop based on your level.
Than it should be reworked.. How does whoever give you there money know you killed this certain creature? There shoul dbe something like a datapad or something that records what creatures you have killed. If what you are saying was correct than why does Fallen Angel, City Merc and Twilight guardian get payed money for killing MOBS?

sir retail
07-05-04, 16:13
. How does a mob give you money??

it does not matter how, but how much.. never enough. :)

mob's are not real beings. it is a fantasie world. so they can..
sorry for the sacasrm. cant help it.. im dutch.

but okey look at the Poll and the question is sorted..
the game would take even more and more time of oure short Real life.

Kasumi
07-05-04, 16:16
it does not matter how, but how much.. never enough. :)

mob's are not real beings. it is a fantasie world. so they can..
sorry for the sacasrm. cant help it.. im dutch.

but okey look at the Poll and the question is sorted..
the game would take even more and more time of oure short Real life.
I see the poll.. Everyone complans there is to much money in the game but I give idea to help slow down money gain and no one wants to change it? None even want to give reason why they dont like it. hehe I like your sarcasm.. ^_^ I know there fake beings but I prefer an explanation to everything. I guess I prefer complex over simple.. but thats just me I suppose.. ^^

Ransom
07-05-04, 16:17
The data that contains the information on what you have killed is relayed through permanant implants in your retina (you know, in the eye you can't implant) and skull to an ultra low frequency network which is transfered to the NCPD and the city administration. This implant is essential for all citizens as it offers useful information in the form of a RPOS, also transfering information on that which you have killed to a database stored by the administration. For your safety, all conversations and information on any other runners and criminals you attack in order to inform the NCPD of any illegal activity or subservant behaviour you may witness. (Or take part in). It is unknown at this time whether or not the Dome of York uses a similar system.

Just Live, We'll take care of the rest.

Ransom

SilentEye
The City Admin gives you the money as a reward for making the lifes of others a bit saver. The mob isn't the one who gives you money.

Lexxuk
Its the government Kasumi, they are spying on you 24/7, they know EXACTLY what your doing at any given time, they record all your conversations, and they implanted a hidden chip in your head that even beams your thoughts upto a sattelite in space to make sure your not thinking about overthrowing the government! The cliffs of TG make sure the beams cant get thru, but, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!! :p

Kasumi
07-05-04, 16:18
The data that contains the information on what you have killed is relayed through permanant implants in your retina (you know, in the eye you can't implant) and skull to an ultra low frequency network which is transfered to the NCPD and the city administration. This implant is essential for all citizens as it offers useful information in the form of a RPOS, also transfering information on that which you have killed to a database stored by the administration. For your safety, all conversations and information on any other runners and criminals you attack in order to inform the NCPD of any illegal activity or subservant behaviour you may witness. (Or take part in). It is unknown at this time whether or not the Dome of York uses a similar system.

Ransom
That still doesnt explain TG, FA, CM,CA,TS,BD.. ^^

Richard Blade
07-05-04, 16:21
Ransom, that's a good description for the way it works.
I'd think that CA pays the "city factions" and that TG would pay their own soldiers, and maybe FA pays it's own as well.

Otherwise, TG activities would be thwarted by the CA at every turn.

Strych9
07-05-04, 16:22
Than it should be reworked.. How does whoever give you there money know you killed this certain creature? There shoul dbe something like a datapad or something that records what creatures you have killed. If what you are saying was correct than why does Fallen Angel, City Merc and Twilight guardian get payed money for killing MOBS?Sounds like you are trying to inject logic into a very small part of this game where it isnt needed in so many others. :wtf:

People know you killed a creature just like they have the ability to stop you from targetting another person because of a chip in your head.

In an agency sees all mobs in the wastelands as a nuisance, then it would reward ANYONE that removed them, regardless of faction. Nothing else in game applies to only some factions but not others... so it makes sense this would apply to all factions as well.

How does a grim chaser have armor? Possibly because like a lot of creatures, it collects the remains of the previous other beings it killed?

You can imagine how you want the game to work... yet you cant imagine how the Chaser has armor parts, and how the govt can monitor what you kill and credit your account with money?

extract
07-05-04, 16:22
lol i wonder whos gonna break the tie in this poll :lol:

no seriously, I dont like this idea....think about the noobs

that and a nice full day of caving and i can easily bring home 2-3 million on my apu....no way am i givin that up....easy moneh

Kasumi
07-05-04, 16:24
lol i wonder whos gonna break the tie in this poll :lol:

no seriously, I dont like this idea....think about the noobs

that and a nice full day of caving and i can easily bring home 2-3 million on my apu....no way am i givin that up....easy monehMoneh is Money?? If it is than you see my point.. ITS TO EASY TO COLLECT MONEY OFF CREATURES!!

You can imagine how you want the game to work... yet you cant imagine how the Chaser has armor parts
I would thinkt he armor would be damaged or torn.. So it would be worthless. I thought Grim Chasers were stupid creatures so why would the hoard things??

MkVenner
07-05-04, 16:24
the money drop is pretty much the only way a absolute noob with no tradeskill makes money, theres not much loot on a spider cept the legs

Kasumi
07-05-04, 16:26
the money drop is pretty much the only way a absolute noob with no tradeskill makes money, theres not much loot on a spider cept the legs
Yes I agree thats why I would like to see the reward drops changed to help new players.. or they can do missions.. ^^

Ransom
07-05-04, 16:27
That still doesnt explain TG, FA, CM,CA,TS,BD.. ^^

The system rewards on an event by event basis, therefor even a hardened criminal will be rewarded if they are proving to be changing their ways. The Law Enforcement chips originally were designed with a kill switch, however this was quickly removed when during a Twilight Guardian attack, hundereds of City Administration personnel collapsed, many dying with symptoms of major brain trauma, bleeding from eyes, nose and ears. There are no plans for the City Administration to go back to the dark times of unenforced law, nor risk any redesign of the system. There are NO kill switches sanctioned by this Administration functioning.

Any good? Needs refining.

MkVenner
07-05-04, 16:30
just coz theres only 4 brain slots open to us dont mean there aint some already in there, how do u know CA didnt put a chip in us a MC5 that tracks us and lets them know what where killing?

sir retail
07-05-04, 16:31
kasumi..

i have 2 differend questions..
what is the text in youre sig?

and are you playing tokio or are you only from it.
i dindnt know we have players from japan.. good ping?

greetz

jiga
07-05-04, 16:32
CA give you money for killing things for them

kurai
07-05-04, 16:33
There shoul dbe something like a datapad or something that records what creatures you have killed.There is already a facility for this buried in a subpage of the Citycom.

It never got implemented though - presumably because it would just slaughter performance with database hits.

Anyway - that aside - voted no.
Adding a further pointless timesink to what is already a timesink activity would simply be massively irritating.

If you are really so desperate to waste more of your life buy a stopwatch and time yourself to not attack another mob till 5 minutes have passed since you killed the last one.

Forget My Name
07-05-04, 16:33
Any of you play Earthbound?

In that rpg from the mid 90's, you play a 11 year old boy saving the world from aliens, and you kill monsters and aliens during the course of you adventure.

You don't get cash from any monster in the game, not even sentient ones who you think would have wallets, nope. What you have to do is call your father up from any phone and tell him of your deeds, and he will then deposit money to your account according to what you did. Now, you have to go to any ATM ( money machine ) and now you have access to your money. His father's company would allow your father to reward you based on how well you are saving the world.

This exact system would be FUN and exactly implemented into this game as it is in Earthbound. Exactly. You would need to go to your faction head quarters IN PERSON and tell them what you did. Then, you would get credits deposited into your account. Same as Earthbound. Yes it adds a little more to a time sink, but not much at all.

this lets you..

1) Make use of your faction HQ
2) Make use of NPC's and helps make the world feel more "city" like and active.
3) possibly add in other incentives... "Ow, it says here Mr. Forgetmyname that you have been in 4 different faction in the past month... We need to gain your trust more before giving you full Faction benifits, so, you need to be in our faction for another month before you get the 20% credit tax removed."

Kasumi
07-05-04, 16:34
There is already a facility for this buried in a subpage of the Citycom.

It never got implemented though - presumably because it would just slaughter performance with database hits.

Anyway - that aside - voted no.
Adding a further pointless timesink to what is already a timesink activity would simply be massively irritating.

If you are really so desperate to waste more of your life buy a stopwatch and time yourself to not attack another mob till 5 minutes have passed since you killed the last one.
MMORPGs are "timesinks(Hate that word)" That is what a game is.. ^^

Strych9
07-05-04, 16:35
I would thinkt he armor would be damaged or torn.. So it would be worthless. I thought Grim Chasers were stupid creatures so why would the hoard things??Have you looked at the quality of the armor you get off mobs? Its not store quality. It basically IS damaged or torn vs. constructed materials.

And it doesnt take intelligence to hoard.

Or, look at it this way... the big bad Chaser eats its victims. When you "loot" the Chaser you are slitting him open and seeing what he has inside (like you can do with sharks in real life).

MkVenner
07-05-04, 16:36
i like that idea, but your kills would have to stack, like i dont have to kill a mod then go get the reward etc, i can kill X mutants then go get the reward

but i do like that idea

Kasumi
07-05-04, 16:36
In that rpg from the mid 90's, you play a 11 year old boy saving the world from aliens, and you kill monsters and aliens during the course of you adventure.

You don't get cash from any monster in the game, not even sentient ones who you think would have wallets, nope. What you have to do is call your father up from any phone and tell him of your deeds, and he will then deposit money to your account according to what you did. Now, you have to go to any ATM ( money machine ) and now you have access to your money. His father's company would allow your father to reward you based on how well you are saving the world.

This exact system would be FUN and exactly implemented into this game as it is in Earthbound. Exactly. You would need to go to your faction head quarters IN PERSON and tell them what you did. Then, you would get credits deposited into your account. Same as Earthbound. Yes it adds a little more to a time sink, but not much at all.

this lets you..

1) Make use of your faction HQ
2) Make use of NPC's and helps make the world feel more "city" like and active.
3) possibly add in other incentives... "Ow, it says here Mr. Forgetmyname that you have been in 4 different faction in the past month... We need to gain your trust more before giving you full Faction benifits, so, you need to be in our faction for another month before you get the 20% credit tax removed."One of my favorite games although it was called "Mother" here.. ^^ I always loved that you never got money from creatures I like any game like that.. The only creatures that shold drop money in Neocron are NPCs and "human-like" creatures like MC5 Commander not a creature that should have nothing to do with money.. ^^ I like your idea bunch too.. ^^

Have you looked at the quality of the armor you get off mobs? Its not store quality. It basically IS damaged or torn vs. constructed materials.

And it doesnt take intelligence to hoard.

Or, look at it this way... the big bad Chaser eats its victims. When you "loot" the Chaser you are slitting him open and seeing what he has inside (like you can do with sharks in real life).Grim Chasers body woul dprobably dispose of anything it eats.. If you get armor it should come out worthless and unuseable.. but sell it to someone like Yo's and they would give you money for it.. ^^

kasumi..

i have 2 differend questions..
what is the text in youre sig?

and are you playing tokio or are you only from it.
i dindnt know we have players from japan.. good ping?

greetz My signature says the girls name and one of my favorite phrases.. ^^ The girls name is Tsunami.. I spelt the phrase wrong though because I was drunk when I made the signature.. I put ka instead of ga Its suppose to say This time..I'll Fight.. hehe They are kind of motivating words for it me.. ^^

I get 300-1000MS.. ^^

Edit: Obviously the Neocron forum doesnt support Hiragana characters O_O

kurai
07-05-04, 17:01
MMORPGs are "timesinks(Hate that word)" That is what a game is.. ^^No.

Timesinks are a cost effective alternative to content, and to some extent a neccessary evil to increase subscription length (and thereby, revenue).

A game is defined by most people as "An activity providing entertainment or amusement" rather than "An activity that
exists only to consume unbounded amounts of time."

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 17:08
Edit: Obviously the Neocron forum doesnt support Hiragana characters O_O

Whats a Hiragana charachter? that like, another RPG? O_o

Kal
07-05-04, 17:11
thats a pretty crap idea tbh.

you'd have to make em drop something lootable thats about equil to the cash when you sell it to venders or it would be too hard to make enough money

and it says quite plainly that you get the credits as a reward for helping keep the monsters in check

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 17:14
どうしまった、ちゃった こと 敬語 ? That right?

Syphn
07-05-04, 17:26
[ edited ]

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 17:29
[ edited ]
I would so much like to flame you to high heaven and back again for that, instead, I'll be nice and tell you to keep your opinions to yourself. If you havent got anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Shujin
07-05-04, 17:39
comeon kas, ur just lookin for stuff to flame about now ;P
every single rpg / mmorpg out there has mobs that give / drop money.

and i agree with the others who say "the money is rewarded to you from your faction." and if mobs didnt give u money, how the fuck would a noob start out.

and thats like saying "how do mutated lizards have hi-tech parts" or "how did a mutated guy get a plasma pistol, medikit, and all those chemicals" or "how the hell did that poisonous plant get all those loms? and wtf does he need them for? did he accidently put to many points in athletics and need to put them in poison resist?"

Kasumi
07-05-04, 17:44
どうしまった、ちゃった こと 敬語 ? That right?Hrmm Interesting all i got was letters and numbers.. :/ Or if you want to call it "Gibberish" ^^

comeon kas, ur just lookin for stuff to flame about now ;P
every single rpg / mmorpg out there has mobs that give / drop money.

and i agree with the others who say "the money is rewarded to you from your faction." and if mobs didnt give u money, how the fuck would a noob start out.

and thats like saying "how do mutated lizards have hi-tech parts" or "how did a mutated guy get a plasma pistol, medikit, and all those chemicals" or "how the hell did that poisonous plant get all those loms? and wtf does he need them for? did he accidently put to many points in athletics and need to put them in poison resist?"
Not really.. I just thought it might be a good idea.. Even though it seems it wasnt.. ^^ I just never liked the idea of getting money frmo nothing.. ^_^

Whats a Hiragana charachter? that like, another RPG? Umm no its part of japanese writing system.. :/

Archeus
07-05-04, 17:46
Than it should be reworked.. How does whoever give you there money know you killed this certain creature?

Oh that is easy to explain. The chip that creates the virtual overlay on reality (HUD) also has a enemy tracking system that registers back to your faction that you can killed a hostile creature and the funds are automatically put into your bank account.

Archeus
07-05-04, 17:49
Hrmm Interesting all i got was letters and numbers.. :/ Or if you want to call it "Gibberish" ^^

It displayed fine for me. Using FireFox browser.

world.altavista.com translates it to... "It waited, the ちゃ っ it is thing Satoshi language"

Kasumi
07-05-04, 17:50
It displayed fine for me. Using FireFox browser.

world.altavista.com translates it to... "It waited, the ちゃ っ it is thing Satoshi language"
I knowwhat it says. I am saying when I typed in Hiragana all that came up was gibberish.. ^^

Archeus
07-05-04, 17:58
이건 그냥 테스트하는거에요. ^^

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 18:05
I knowwhat it says. I am saying when I typed in Hiragana all that came up was gibberish.. ^^

Silly question, but do you have the Japanese fonts installed for Windows?

And it said something about speaking polite japanese I think, I dunno, copy and paste is your friend :angel:

Mr_Snow
07-05-04, 18:08
How do you expect nibs to get money if they dont get cash for killing mobs and dont say missions as they are repetitive and offputting as a newb character.

Kasumi
07-05-04, 18:11
How do you expect nibs to get money if they dont get cash for killing mobs and dont say missions as they are repetitive and offputting as a newb character.
Eww another word I dislike.. ^^

Anyway umm that would be for Reakktor to work out not me. It is there job to help with the new person experience. If you read what I had posted if they "fixed" mob reward drops than new people woul dnot have trouble getting money.. ^^

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 18:12

Umm, most of the money newbs get from mobs, is from mob loot, not from the reward for killing them. And there are infact RPG's out there which give you no money for killing mobs (Ryzom is one of them, which I think Kasumi would enjoy, but, meh :p) you get to quater the animal for animal parts, which you then get to sell to NPC's or to Crafters, who in turn, create weapons and armour (which you cant buy from the stores) which means you actually have to interact with other people, and not get a few million NC just by barrelin in the chaos caves/el farid for a few hours.

Kasumi
07-05-04, 18:13
Umm, most of the money newbs get from mobs, is from mob loot, not from the reward for killing them. And there are infact RPG's out there which give you no money for killing mobs (Ryzom is one of them, which I think Kasumi would enjoy, but, meh :p) you get to quater the animal for animal parts, which you then get to sell to NPC's or to Crafters, who in turn, create weapons and armour (which you cant buy from the stores) which means you actually have to interact with other people, and not get a few million NC just by barrelin in the chaos caves/el farid for a few hours.
I want to play Ryzom but Lineage II and Neocron are taking to much of my time already.. and my daugther is addicted to playing Lineage II so hehe.. ^^

SypH
07-05-04, 18:14
Worst idea ever. Not everyone on the servers are super rich, and how the hell else are new players meant to make any money? Missions pay very little to be worthwhile and running back and forth to get a new one each time is boring and tedious. Leave it as it is.

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 18:15
I want to play Ryzom but Lineage II and Neocron are taking to much of my time already.. and my daugther is addicted to playing Lineage II so hehe.. ^^

If you ever decide to play, set up to use the Euro server, and gimme a shout, I'll help you out ;) (they just opened all 3 continents too, so its bigger than before :D) (found out one of the guys who was in by Beta4 clan, is one of the support type people for Ryzom too o_O )

Kasumi
07-05-04, 18:17
Worst idea ever. Not everyone on the servers are super rich, and how the hell else are new players meant to make any money? Missions pay very little to be worthwhile and running back and forth to get a new one each time is boring and tedious. Leave it as it is.How is it worst idea ever? Because you loose less than 1% of your income? Everytime I start a new character I usually start with nothing no money and I manage with doing 80 to 120 missions.. ^^ To make enough money.. also I dont think the 40-52 NC recieved from Bees to Fierce Spiders is a big lose to new players.. ^^

If you ever decide to play, set up to use the Euro server, and gimme a shout, I'll help you out ;) (they just opened all 3 continents too, so its bigger than before :D) (found out one of the guys who was in by Beta4 clan, is one of the support type people for Ryzom too o_O
Is it still in open beta???

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 18:23
Aye, Beta 3, should be open beta for a while still too, they got a lot of bugs to work out, like, getting naked when you sell stuff to an NPC (my fav bug that is :D)

Kasumi
07-05-04, 18:25
Aye, Beta 3, should be open beta for a while still too, they got a lot of bugs to work out, like, getting naked when you sell stuff to an NPC (my fav bug that is :D)
I see.. Well I guess I can *try* it.. ^^

greendonkeyuk
07-05-04, 18:26
sorry to be all clueso-like here but did anyone else notice the 2 posters who posted completely unconstructive shite have VERY similar names? Syph and Syphn......

Back on topic now. I can see where Kasumi is going with this idea to be honest. If the money reward was removed from killing a grim chaser for example then i for one would want the monetary value of the items it drops to be increased. i think it would need a whole lot of reworking regards to vendors to buy the stuff and possibly an overhaul of the recycling skill to make it more worthwhile. It would increase in the amount of trader activity, youd prolly get players buying ammo from eachother as its cheaper than getting it from the Archer and wesson store, armour (i imagine) would go the same way. however the databases for the drops of items would need to be totally overhauled too. Atm aggies drop pistols only (iirc) but if this idea was implemented theyd need to be dropping perhaps rifles too (gat rifles) and maybe even the odd spell or two? (perhaps enlightened preachers would be better for this). The changes in order to balance an idea like this would be endless to be honest and i dont think its likely to happen any time soon.

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 18:29
I see.. Well I guess I can *try* it.. ^^

Dont forget to lie on your application form and say your from Europe :angel:

amfest
07-05-04, 19:46
I see what you mean Kasumi. I recently started playing runescape (don't laugh) and in that game you get no money for killing any time of actual beast. For killing things that are human like like goblins they might drop gold, armor and weapons. But some beasts drop things that can be used by tradeskillers. I'd like it if say a creature like a grim chaser dropped a specific piece of it's body like a tooth or something and you carried that back to your faction HQ and exchanged it for money. Same for alot of other creatures. But for things like missions where it says kill so many of a creature the money output should be increased just a tad.

And this wouldn't make it so terrible for new players. I mean sheez with poison plants dropping lom pills which are so easy to carry and sell back for a bit of money you think they'd stay broke? I can kill baneful and toxic plants just fine with 0/2 spy with a stilleto so no worries there.

Anyhow then beasts could drop certain items for recycle armor, weapons, items recipes that could be worth a bit. How about special drugs that can only be recycled so that would give people income from collecting these parts in bulk and selling them all off for a certain amount of cash.

Aziraphale
07-05-04, 21:16
No, bad terrible awful idea.
For a newbie, with no friends, the bounty from killing mobs is their only income, whatever comes from doing missions is a little bonus ontop.

Why remove this? Just no.

CRAIG DIGGERS
08-05-04, 00:22
I thought Grim Chasers were stupid creatures so why would the hoard things??

A Chaser is very very hungry, he eats a lot of vehicles = Components,
sometimes a implant = implantparts, and sometimes hm rares hm ?
:p

-FN-
08-05-04, 01:59
I thought sir retail was some kind of UBER GM at first cuz of his avatar :(

Oh, and I really have nothing of value to contribute to this thread as money is rather pointless as it's unlimited in supply if you put a little time in (Cave runs, Killin Grims, APC runs). The problem is there are methods to get money from a BOTTOMLES WELL OF MAGICAL CASH THAT COMES FROM NOWHERE. There is no real 'economy', just supply & demand laws setting prices, but that's hardly an economy. I thought this was however: Neocron Economics 101 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=92770)

Scikar
08-05-04, 03:11
Eww another word I dislike.. ^^

Anyway umm that would be for Reakktor to work out not me. It is there job to help with the new person experience. If you read what I had posted if they "fixed" mob reward drops than new people woul dnot have trouble getting money.. ^^

Actually it is something you have to work out. You can't just say "I think this should be removed" but make someone else do the work of replacing it. If you want something changed, you have to consider every eventuality and do the hard work yourself, explaining exactly WHY it's a good change.

A lot of your posts recently seem to be more about something that you merely dislike, as opposed to removing things which are actually bad for the game or adding things which would be good. Whenever any change is made to the game all of its effects have to be considered. You are suggesting mobs don't give any cash when killed, and that's all. You don't suggest anything about anything new to replace it, only that people should do missions. The result being that people are mostly left with building APCs as a source of income (selling rare parts etc. earns good money, but other people have to actually have the money if you want to get any of it). Missions would require a complete overhaul, in fact they already do, but fortunately they aren't currently essential.

New players find it boring enough as it is to get a mission, kill 5 mobs, go back for another mission (all the while taking ages to get anywhere because their character is slow). Newbies can never afford new weapons and armor. What you are suggesting would leave them more bored, with no new stuff that they earned themselves, and with no money. That's not a very good position to put new players in, and if you are the instigator of this change it is your responsibility to at least come up with an idea to rectify this.

SypH
08-05-04, 04:26
sorry to be all clueso-like here but did anyone else notice the 2 posters who posted completely unconstructive shite have VERY similar names? Syph and Syphn.......
Nope, we're 2 different people I can assure you. And it is hard to offer constructive critism to an idea that has nothing to it.

"Yay lets remove money from mobs!!"
"And replace it with what?"
"I dunno...not my problem."

If Kasumi had actually proposed an alternate system for newbs to earn money (like Scikar said) then maybe I could have offered "constructive shite". Have you tried earning decent money when you are a total newbie to the game, having no high level friends to loan you cash or give you weapons? It isnt exactly easy unless you know were to go, and what to do. Most newbies dont. I was almost always broke when I first started this game until I joined a clan.

lordofkhaoz
08-05-04, 08:04
[QUOTE=Kasumi]I dont understand how a Grim Chaser carries armor with it? And Vehicle parts?QUOTE]

well if a grim chaser just happend to to eat someone.. maybe his stomache acids wouldnt be capable of digesting the armor ? lol :lol:

Kasumi
08-05-04, 10:32
Nope, we're 2 different people I can assure you. And it is hard to offer constructive critism to an idea that has nothing to it.

"Yay lets remove money from mobs!!"
"And replace it with what?"
"I dunno...not my problem."

If Kasumi had actually proposed an alternate system for newbs to earn money (like Scikar said) then maybe I could have offered "constructive shite". Have you tried earning decent money when you are a total newbie to the game, having no high level friends to loan you cash or give you weapons? It isnt exactly easy unless you know were to go, and what to do. Most newbies dont. I was almost always broke when I first started this game until I joined a clan.
There are alot of new ways for new people to earn money already. I dont know when the last time you started a new character but the loot most low level mobs drop is worth alot more than what they give in money. I also gave an alternative but I guess Scikar didnt see it did he? I proposed a "Data" Device of some sort that records what monsters you kill and you return it to a certain person in Faction HQ probably. Reakktor would probably have to start new people out with that only records maybe 10-30 mobs? They would probably need to explain how it works maybe in a new way. I dont know maybe an email? Telling them what guy to take it to and other things and how it works. Maybe I am not as great at explaining my ideas.. but not eveyrone int his thread has been helpful. Most are just saying *this is terrible idea* without any helpful advice..

rob444
08-05-04, 13:35
I see tradeskilling more as a problem to the economics. All you have to have is a researcher, constructor and a barterer. Research 100 toxic beams, construct them, mod them, sell them and gain millions. Now that was easy wasnt it? Gaining millions on mobs is A LOT slower than gaining millions on tradeskilling. Tradeskilling is the REAL problem if we are talking about money economics.

Scikar
09-05-04, 16:15
There are alot of new ways for new people to earn money already. I dont know when the last time you started a new character but the loot most low level mobs drop is worth alot more than what they give in money. I also gave an alternative but I guess Scikar didnt see it did he? I proposed a "Data" Device of some sort that records what monsters you kill and you return it to a certain person in Faction HQ probably. Reakktor would probably have to start new people out with that only records maybe 10-30 mobs? They would probably need to explain how it works maybe in a new way. I dont know maybe an email? Telling them what guy to take it to and other things and how it works. Maybe I am not as great at explaining my ideas.. but not eveyrone int his thread has been helpful. Most are just saying *this is terrible idea* without any helpful advice..

That idea was already addressed earlier though. It's just a time sink. On the plus side, it increases the use of the faction HQ, but on the negative side, what about a Tangent runner who wants to go and hunt out at MB? He doesn't want to have to go all the way back to NC for cash to buy ammo when there are ammo vendors at MB itself. For Crahn runners, the very act of getting some cash from hunting to pay for a backpack they dropped earlier could kill them, since the Crahn abbey is in the middle of OZ. Black Dragon and Tsunami runners have to run through Pepper Park to get to their HQs - it can only lead to new players having no cash, and dying every time they try to get some.

I do see where you're coming from, but I don't think there is a better to handle rewards for killing monsters except from very much improved missions. And it doesn't look like we'll see any decent missions in the near future. There's a whole lot of broken stuff in this game, KK would certainly have their priorities mixed up if they started changing the way they handled cash from hunting when there are many bugs to be squished and other actual content to create and implement.