PDA

View Full Version : Psi monk int ?

shenten
07-05-04, 12:36
Has KK said anything official regarding monk int for the next patches ? or regarding BDOY ?
Some guys proposed to drop int from 100 to 90 and give us that 10 levels somewhere else, sounds a good idea, but having the official KK statement on that issue would be interesting. Monks are the only class I guess across all MMORPG out there that can't be capped, or at least it is soooooooo long that everyone died before achieving it :D, (dont bs with people having before patch, we know it was possible back then)

:)

Jeros82
07-05-04, 12:42
10 more in dex would me nice... a nice PPU with a Uzi sounds sweet :)

Furion
07-05-04, 12:44
lol, imagine the monks with 100 int, hahaha. they would get so pissed. i only have 93 :(

SjanTeN^
07-05-04, 12:52
That sounds weirds, all chars. except PE got 2 attributes they can gain 100 in, offcourse without PE which cant get 100 in anything, tanks got Str. \ Con. Monk PSI \ Int. Spy Dex \ int. ;-)

Furion
07-05-04, 12:55
and oh, monks need their int to be able to use heavy belts without DS.

phunqe
07-05-04, 13:04
and oh, monks need their int to be able to use heavy belts without DS.

<feature hint>PSI backbone</feature hint>

extract
07-05-04, 13:25
id rather take the 10 in con than in dex or str....monks wont utilize any str armor, maybe resist force, but 10 more in con would be nice for my apu, i doubt it would ever happen tho.......

Clownst0pper
07-05-04, 13:37
I heard the gain is 62% on INT for monks, unlike spys 100%, it needs to be at least 90% gain, its our secondry skill FFS

ezza
07-05-04, 13:37
<feature hint>PSI backbone</feature hint>

well if its a psi backbone that would indicate it would give psi not intel O_o

iirc monks had it lower so they couldnt trade skill while being able to annihalate people, now that monks basically need it all in psi use i dont see why they dont raise it to 85%-100% some where in that ball park anyway.

though i have noticed that ppus seem to gain intel xp quicker than apu

phunqe
07-05-04, 13:40
well if its a psi backbone that would indicate it would give psi not intel O_o

Ack ok then.. INT backbone suitable for monks :p

Or... psi/monk eye which gives INT :D

ezza
07-05-04, 13:41

Or... psi eye which gives INT :D
intel backbone sounds more like it,proberbly be useful for tradeskillers also

Lafiel
07-05-04, 14:00

Or... psi/monk eye which gives INT :D

you mean like advanced nerves?

you mean like smart cybereye ?

ezza
07-05-04, 14:02
you mean like advanced nerves?

you mean like smart cybereye ?
i think he means a spine without a drawback ;)

plus isnt smart cyber eye dex based, meaning monks only able to wear the bottom level one iirc

Fraxer
07-05-04, 14:06
I heard the gain is 62% on INT for monks, unlike spys 100%, it needs to be at least 90% gain, its our secondry skill FFS
Monks get 100 percent int gain. Spies get the Monk damageoutput...
dmg/withonehit=exp
HL=dmg
Monks=HL

Lafiel
07-05-04, 14:12
? no its not 100% int gain... it used to be 33 now it is 60 something (i think 60 something may be lower) ... just to clear it up... that means 60% of your psi gain which is obviously at 100% gain

phunqe
07-05-04, 14:13
I mean like... a backbone... for monks... the pros and cons must be thought of, of course. But the general content would be that it gives INT and is suitable for monks :p

As it is today, the general setup is reflex 1 and smart cyb eye 1 for monks.

ezza
07-05-04, 14:15
+5 intel - 5 psi :angel:

Strych9
07-05-04, 14:18
Monks do NOT get 100% Int gain. Period. They used to have decent int gain, but way back when they nerfed it. Has been pitifully slow ever since.

And I have never seen any KK rep even HINT that they would even allow themselves to daydream about changing monk stats. And yes, the monks with above 90 Int that have levelled and levelled beyond capping Psi just for Int would be pretty upset. Hehe.

phunqe
07-05-04, 14:21
The INT gain for monks, given that it is their secondary skill is below any critique...

My droner for example... DEX as primary skill, INT as secondary. When leveling him I am at the same level on both INT and DEX all the time...

Lafiel
07-05-04, 14:23
Monks do NOT get 100% Int gain. Period. They used to have decent int gain, but way back when they nerfed it. Has been pitifully slow ever since.

And I have never seen any KK rep even HINT that they would even allow themselves to daydream about changing monk stats. And yes, the monks with above 90 Int that have levelled and levelled beyond capping Psi just for Int would be pretty upset. Hehe.

omg yes i would be pissed... i was mad when they raised int gain the first time from 33%

ezza
07-05-04, 14:23
droners are a bit odd as they do level theres at the same level, however rifle spies level there diffrent, they level dex quicker than intel by a number of levels

Clownst0pper
07-05-04, 14:24
droners are a bit odd as they do level theres at the same level, however rifle spies level there diffrent, they level dex quicker than intel by a number of levels

Droners do seem to get more int and dex gain than a rifle or pistol spy, which is quiet weird, ud expect them to get the same.

Not that imcomplaining, capping a droner spy is a walk in the park :D

Original monk
07-05-04, 14:27
intgain on monks is pure bullshit and i gave up leveling it until "KK" fixes it, i say fixes cause i see this as a bug ... or KK bugging people that choose to play monk ... didnt monks (and even more: hybrids ) had enough to endure allready ?

make up youre minds jeeeeebusssss common

with there bullshit

phunqe
07-05-04, 14:34

Yes, bad example.. Monks should be equal to for example rifle spies when it comes to xp gain balance between primary and secondary skill.

warngau
07-05-04, 14:55
once monk's int gain was as fast as spy's int gain, but spies complained about monks having tradeskills. so kk decided to decrease the int gain. this was at the time when hybrid monks (epu) were still available.
today it should be no problem at all if monk's int gain would be as fast as the spy's cause psu is far more important than it used to be...

Strych9
07-05-04, 15:12
once monk's int gain was as fast as spy's int gain, but spies complained about monks having tradeskills. so kk decided to decrease the int gain. this was at the time when hybrid monks (epu) were still available.
today it should be no problem at all if monk's int gain would be as fast as the spy's cause psu is far more important than it used to be...EXACTLY. CHeck the poll I just made in another thread (actually made before you posted this... hehe)

korben4leeloo
07-05-04, 16:58
once monk's int gain was as fast as spy's int gain, but spies complained about monks having tradeskills.

Ok. So I'll complain about Spies, Tanks and PE's being able to use psi spells. If a Monk can't use Tradeskills ( if this is the idea ), I don't see why non-psi characters could be able to use psi powers.

Lafiel
07-05-04, 17:02
its not the fact that they dont want monks tradeskilling... it was because they lvld too fast and didnt really gimp themselves if they wanted to tradeskill

korben4leeloo
07-05-04, 17:10
its not the fact that they dont want monks tradeskilling... it was because they lvld too fast and didnt really gimp themselves if they wanted to tradeskill

Have you ever lvled a droner ? In a month, I had reached the INT lvl of my APU I had been playing for 8 months. Same in 3 or 4 months for a Spy Rifle. Whatever, before this kind of considerations, the first thing that pisses me off is that, as far as I think about all MMORPG's I've played in my life, Neocron is the only one where it exists an uncappable class. It is unacceptable.

Strych9
07-05-04, 17:13
Have you ever lvled a droner ? In a month, I had reached the INT lvl of my APU I had been playing for 8 months. Same in 3 or 4 months for a Spy Rifle. Whatever, before this kind of considerations, the first thing that pisses me off is that, as far as I think about all MMORPG's I've played in my life, Neocron is the only one where it exists an uncappable class. It is unacceptable.Calm down, we all agree with you here. :rolleyes:

Did you see my poll thread I posted on this topic?

The problem with monk Int, as compared to Spy Int, is that monks DONT NEED any Int skills to level. A droner MUST HAVE WPW.... a monk doesnt need Psi Use. Its damn handy... but its not needed.

So why should a monk level Int REAL fast when they dont use any Int while levelling?

Thats why I suggested that monk int levelling speed be tied to the amount of Psi Use. That way the more amonk uses Int to level, the more proper Int exp they get.

korben4leeloo
07-05-04, 18:12
Calm down, we all agree with you here. :rolleyes:

Did you see my poll thread I posted on this topic?

The problem with monk Int, as compared to Spy Int, is that monks DONT NEED any Int skills to level. A droner MUST HAVE WPW.... a monk doesnt need Psi Use. Its damn handy... but its not needed.

So why should a monk level Int REAL fast when they dont use any Int while levelling?

Thats why I suggested that monk int levelling speed be tied to the amount of Psi Use. That way the more amonk uses Int to level, the more proper Int exp they get.

Ok let's get the droner problem besides for a moment. If you take the Spy Rifle, do you agree it is "like" a monk ? Only DEX required to use weapons, but always the same INT lvl diff. Moreover what do you mean by "real fast" ? I don't know how fast the monk lvld at Neocron beginning, but it seems to me that the nerf has been a bit strong.

And even if you were right, I don't think the good way to solve it is to make the XP gain relative to the PSU lvl. Another PSI-only balance patch with undetermined behaviors, another particular case.

For me, the problem is that WPW, WEP and PSU should not be part of INT skills. Hacking, Implant, Construction...All these are trade skills. Willpower, Weapon Lore, Psi Use: what do they do among trade skills, it's just incomprehensible. In my opinion, Psi Use should be moved to Psychic Power, Willpower and Weapon Lore to DEX, Repair and Recycle to INT. Skills Caps should be updated to allow everyone to lvl at the same speed and do the same templates and classes a sbefore without suffering any unbalance. I don't understand KK logics. But after all the patches, nerfs they did, with still some unbelievable problems, I think they should redo their skill management

Phlith
07-05-04, 18:47
int gain is bad enough as it is, don't decrease its cap to 90... ive been leveling my ppus int with my spy for god knows how long, a month maybe and if it were to be dropped to 90 id just cancel the stupid mofo and save some moneh and get another spy :)

Strych9
07-05-04, 19:17
Ok let's get the droner problem besides for a moment. If you take the Spy Rifle, do you agree it is "like" a monk ? Only DEX required to use weapons, but always the same INT lvl diff.Sure its like a monk. What did I say to indicate I wouldn't agree with that?
Moreover what do you mean by "real fast" ? I don't know how fast the monk lvld at Neocron beginning, but it seems to me that the nerf has been a bit strong.By "real fast" I mean as fast as a droner. I was saying that if we make it so Int is needed like a droner spy needs it, then at that point Int should level as fast. Thats why I said that Monk int levelling should be linked to Psi Use. If you decide to use your Int to aid your Psi, then you should level Int as fast as you level your Psi (i.e., like how a droner levels int the same speed as dex). But if a monk chooses to not invest in Psi Use and does like research instead (the monk as tradeskiller that KK frowned upon) then the Int gain should be slower (i.e.... slow as it is right now).

Yes, as someone that played one of the only pure PPU monks when retail kicked off- I know how bad the int speed is.
And even if you were right, I don't think the good way to solve it is to make the XP gain relative to the PSU lvl. Another PSI-only balance patch with undetermined behaviors, another particular case.Thats your argument? That having a psi-only balance patch is bad? Who said it was Psi only?

You will be hard pressed to find a SINGLE player in this game that would be against seeing a monk int fix in a patch. Even if KK released a WHOLE patch that ONLY fixed monk int gains, people would be happy.
For me, the problem is that WPW, WEP and PSU should not be part of INT skills. Hacking, Implant, Construction...All these are trade skills. Willpower, Weapon Lore, Psi Use: what do they do among trade skills, it's just incomprehensible.Incomprehensible? FUnny you say that when talking about Int, dont ya think??? ;)

Seriously- Psi is all mental, having to do with the brain. WPW has to do with the mind, as does WPL... your knowledge of weapon LORE... info... brain... intelligence. It all makes sense.
In my opinion, Psi Use should be moved to Psychic Power, Willpower and Weapon Lore to DEX, Repair and Recycle to INT. Skills Caps should be updated to allow everyone to lvl at the same speed and do the same templates and classes a sbefore without suffering any unbalance. I don't understand KK logics. But after all the patches, nerfs they did, with still some unbelievable problems, I think they should redo their skill managementSorry.. but HAHAHA. Move WPL to Dex? And move PSU to Psi? Are you serious?

You play Neocron right? Have you specced out a rifle spy or monk lately? So Spies would have to spec Rifle Combat, Tech Combat, and Weapon Lore all out of Dex? Oh and agility? And monks... monks would have to spec APU/PPU (or both!), PPW, and PSU all out of Psi?

That sounds like a HUGE undertaking. KK would have to switch traits, everyone would have to have a skill release, KK would have to TOTALLY rebalance ALL weapons in the game cause there wouldnt be enough points to go around anymore.

People dont have issue with WPL, WPW, etc. Only problem here in monk int gain.

Shadow Dancer
07-05-04, 19:23
Yes I think monk int gain is much too slow and should really be boosted.

It's only fair.

korben4leeloo
07-05-04, 20:07
Thats your argument? That having a psi-only balance patch is bad? Who said it was Psi only?

Who else ? Tell me who else will suffer XP penalty according to his Psi Use lvl ??? As far as I remember, spies, tanks and PE's do not use Psi Use aren't they ?

Seriously- Psi is all mental, having to do with the brain. WPW has to do with the mind, as does WPL... your knowledge of weapon LORE... info... brain... intelligence. It all makes sense.Sorry.. but HAHAHA. Move WPL to Dex? And move PSU to Psi? Are you serious?

That's the kind of considerations many MMORPG devs have to create a so called "realistic" game. They forget that is a game, and that sometimes realism leads to loss of fun, unbalanced game, and lots of patch to correct them.

So Spies would have to spec Rifle Combat, Tech Combat, and Weapon Lore all out of Dex? Oh and agility? And monks...

Yes. Like PSI monks do with APU/PPU, PPW, MST, PSU. 4 agaisnt 3, you're still the winner... :rolleyes:

Thana
07-05-04, 20:11
Great, vanish the last thing that is hard to reach and make INT 100 Monks as usual as everything else. I hate that idea.

Every class should have one skill that is as hard to reach as the current Monk-INT, my opinion.

korben4leeloo
07-05-04, 20:19
Great, vanish the last thing that is hard to reach and make INT 100 Monks as usual as everything else. I hate that idea.

Every class should have one skill that is as hard to reach as the current Monk-INT, my opinion.

Tell spies KK will nerf their INT gain. Tell Tanks KK will nerf they CON gain. Tell PE's nothing cos they don't have any 100-skill. And tell Monks they won't actually never recover already capped tanks, spies and PE's cos KK decided to nerf everybody ( so applicable only for newly created characters, not existing ones ) instead of restoring logical XP gain for psis...I think many people will love that...

slaughteruall
07-05-04, 21:14

This is the stupidest thing i ever heard. Monks NEED PSU.

A rifle spy does not need WEP. It's just damn handy. Does that make since to you? How many rifle spy's do you see without WEP (that OP fight). Might as well say the a HC tank only needs enough HC to use a wepon. After that it's just handy.

Slaughter

Carinth
07-05-04, 21:51
This is the problem, as I see it. Monks do not need 100 int unless they take up a tradeskill. Before the DS and Monk PA arrived, it was a fact to say that a Monk needed every single bit of int in PSU. Now though, you can get away with a minor tradeskill and face only a small impairment on holy cath sanct's freq and a minor psi pool loss. That means monks with int 90-100 have free points to spend, which is why so many take up poking or hacking. This is where Monks get in trouble, the whole reason int gain was decreased. As long as Monks can train combat to it's max potential, or even close to it, and still have enough free to take upa tradeskill.. then we outcompete spies at the one thing they were supposed to be the best at. We become the ideal tradeskiller class. Why be a spy, who has combat impaired if he goes for hacking?

The only reason spies are still preferential for tradeskills is because of monk's poor int gain. You hafta work extra hard to become a monk tradeskiller. So no I don't think int gain should be increased anymore for Monks. But if we do, then some changes will hafta be made. PSU should be everything for a monk, even at int 100. A pure combat Monk should have all int in PSU, if they don't there should be a worthy degredation in combat ability. A Hacking PPU should be inferior to a Combat PPU. Currently that's not the case, but the slow int gain makes it fair. If you worked hard enough to get your monk's int up to 95+, you should be rewarded.

slaughteruall
07-05-04, 22:01
If they dont want monks to tradeskill. Then they need to increase the reason to have more PSU. As it stands there really is no reason to put everything into PSU. Have it effect your PSI pool more or something. The fact remains that it's not worth it. Especially with the gloves out a PPU can easily spare the points to poke TL 115 with a glove and a spy 3.

Slaughter

CRAIG DIGGERS
08-05-04, 00:14

Only droner spys get 100%/100% pistol and rifle is 66%/100% [int/dex]
And anyway after a few tests: only monks created after the "more int exp" patch gets really more int. Means the old monks have still the old int gain.

naimex
08-05-04, 13:02
Has KK said anything official regarding monk int for the next patches ? or regarding BDOY ?
Some guys proposed to drop int from 100 to 90 and give us that 10 levels somewhere else, sounds a good idea, but having the official KK statement on that issue would be interesting. Monks are the only class I guess across all MMORPG out there that can't be capped, or at least it is soooooooo long that everyone died before achieving it :D, (dont bs with people having before patch, we know it was possible back then)

drones are your friend !!

I gave nietz 2 int levels (at 96-97 or so) with x < dex 90 drones, in less than 2 hours.

mishkin
08-05-04, 13:17
What I would do, is to set a lvl of PSU requirement on each spell, as well as weapon lore on all weapons. That would make intelligence necessary for lvling a monk and a rifle/pistol spy, just like it is needed for droning (willpower). :)

This would be a way to even them out a bit. :rolleyes:

Maarten
08-05-04, 13:57
Tanks and Spies level their primary skills with 100%. Monks level PSI with 66% and INT with 50% (used to be 33%).

I'm sorry, but if INT is one of your primary skills, which you can go all the way up to 100, then how can you not be allowed to have a tradeskill? If they don't want monks to tradeskill, they should lower the cap to 60 or 80.

What IS the problem with monks poking or hacking? A rifle PE can do it with even 60 INT.

In my view Monk INT is like you have been giving a cookie which is put in a place that is almost impossible to reach. It's even worse then having no cookie at all.

This whole issue will certainly look great on all the new players that will come. "Yes, you are not supposed to cap one of your primary skills."

What are we supposed to say to a newbie who asks this question: "Why is my INT gain so slow? At this rate, it will take years to get my INT to 100."
The only answer possible is something negative against KK because there simply is no good explanation. And if there is, please give it to us.

(btw, this is one of the topics that SHOULD get at least some sort of official response)

Strych9
08-05-04, 14:47
This is the stupidest thing i ever heard. Monks NEED PSU.

A rifle spy does not need WEP. It's just damn handy. Does that make since to you? How many rifle spy's do you see without WEP (that OP fight). Might as well say the a HC tank only needs enough HC to use a wepon. After that it's just handy.

SlaughterWow, I am impressed. Stupidest things you ever heard?

You play a monk lately?

My PPU is a 100% pure barter character. All Int in barter. I am sure she wont do well in PvP, but in PvM she is 100% functional. So she can keep you alive AND sell an APC key for 119K. And it could be research instead of barter. Or it could be barter and poke. Or whatever else.

Did you even THINK about what I said? I am saying that 99% of the monks out there (the ones that have huge amounts in PSU) should have FASTER Int levelling. And monks that dont have a lot of PSU should have CURRENT monk Int levelling.

Why dont you think before you post next time. If someone saying "monks dont NEED PSU" is the stupidest thing you ever heard, esp. in these forums, you need to get out more or maybe read more posts.

naimex
08-05-04, 14:49
if i am not mistaken then PSU is range and frequency, mainly..

Shadow Dancer
08-05-04, 18:45
Wow, I am impressed. Stupidest things you ever heard?

You play a monk lately?

My PPU is a 100% pure barter character. All Int in barter. I am sure she wont do well in PvP, but in PvM she is 100% functional. So she can keep you alive AND sell an APC key for 119K. And it could be research instead of barter. Or it could be barter and poke. Or whatever else.

Did you even THINK about what I said? I am saying that 99% of the monks out there (the ones that have huge amounts in PSU) should have FASTER Int levelling. And monks that dont have a lot of PSU should have CURRENT monk Int levelling.

Why dont you think before you post next time. If someone saying "monks dont NEED PSU" is the stupidest thing you ever heard, esp. in these forums, you need to get out more or maybe read more posts.

Yes but then in that case, pes, tanks, pistol/rifle spies don't need int either. So let's make their int gain based on weapon lore................not.

O_o

Strych9
08-05-04, 19:08
Yes but then in that case, pes, tanks, pistol/rifle spies don't need int either. So let's make their int gain based on weapon lore................not.

O_oDroners NEED Int... and droners gain Int faster than any other Spy variant, and any other runner in the game for that matter.

Tanks and PEs dont have a cap of 100.

So come on, keep this in perspective, shall we? :)

I am just saying that tradeskilling monks (which KK for whatever reason doesnt want) keep the current Int gain. Monks that invest in PSU (i.e. most of them) should get a better Int gain.

This has nothing to do with any other class. Just trying to think of a way to boost monk int gain AND not have them be uber tradeskillers.

I am also open to better/other ideas that satisfy those two criteria. ;)

Shadow Dancer
08-05-04, 19:18
Droners NEED Int... and droners gain Int faster than any other Spy variant, and any other runner in the game for that matter.

I didn't mention droners.

Tanks and PEs dont have a cap of 100.

So come on, keep this in perspective, shall we? :)

So? Pes certainly don't need ALL Their weapon lore in int, much like monks don't need ALL their PSU in int. And pes cap int super fast.

I am just saying that tradeskilling monks (which KK for whatever reason doesnt want) keep the current Int gain. Monks that invest in PSU (i.e. most of them) should get a better Int gain.

I am also open to better/other ideas that satisfy those two criteria. ;)

Make construction/research much much more dependent on DEX.

I'm sure there's plenty of ways to do it. Or put a class cap on skills or smething.

:wtf:

This has nothing to do with any other class.

When you make comments like "monks don't need int", or bring in droners, then yes you're bringing in other classes.

I'm just taking issue with the statement that monks don't need psu.

Strych9
08-05-04, 19:38
I didn't mention droners.You mentioned Spies... and Droners are Spies... so *I* mentioned em. :wtf:

Make construction/research much much more dependent on DEX.That stops them from being uber tradeskillers (as long as 100 Int cannot compensate for only 40 in Dex) but it still says nothing about monk levelling speed.

Unless you mean alter construction/research AND just raise Int levelling- which would also be fine.

Still dont see why you have an issue with making combat monks level Int faster than tradeskill monks. :confused:
When you make comments like "monks don't need int", or bring in droners, then yes you're bringing in other classes.I brought in other classes to illustrate reasoning. But a PATCH that raised monk Int wouldnt have to alter any other classes. This isnt a "lets change the way everyone else gets int" its only about monks IN THAT SENSE.
I'm just taking issue with the statement that monks don't need psu.First, you just said above that monks dont need all points in Psi Use.

Second, I have currently a PPU barterer that has NO points in Psi Use at ALL and she does quite well.

Third, by monk back on Pluto was all int in Construction and a pure PPU and he did JUST fine as well.

So you can take issue with it, but on a factual level, a monk doesnt need PSU. Now you can QUALIFY it and say "combat monks" or "monks that dont want a pure int tradeskill" need it.

But seriously- given that I currently have a monk and have had monks in the past with ZERO PSU...

The more PSU you have the more effective you will be. That is clear.

But I said nothing about "PvP viable" or anything like that. And factually, you cannot launch a drone without WPW. You can cast a spell with no PSU. So on that level as well you dont NEED PSU. Its not a mandatory requirement.

Omnituens
09-05-04, 00:50
One thing is for sure, it needs increasing

If you think that im leveling 92-100 INT with a HEH/Energy barrel with a combat rank of 83 you got another thing comming. PSI is alrealy a bitch to level. Example here:

Spent 2 hours this morning in El Farid. I killed 855 scorpions in 2 hours (most were BLACK SCORPIONS) and killed the queen twice. Note i only get rewards for BIG BLACK SCORPIONS and above

PSI XP GAINED: 3 million (fucking joke)
INT XP GAINED: little shy of 300k (WTF)

this is a joke. fix rank to tl xp gain and increase the base COMBAT XP for int.

my rifle spy hacks, reseaches and has weapon lore, and levels INT alot faster. My monk is PURE PSI USE, and his levels move slower than a preist in a skoda.

Is this fair? I think not.

t0tt3
09-05-04, 01:38
Tanks and Spies level their primary skills with 100%. Monks level PSI with 66% and INT with 50% (used to be 33%).

Ony tradeskill yes in combat no....

Before a combat APU had like 13% INT gain but for tradeskilling or teaming ppu they got 33%

Now its above 20% or so for a combat APU but the INT gain in tradeskilling is higher, so be a ppu and team with other classes would be the best :p

Scanner Darkly
09-05-04, 02:43
Solution...like has been mentioned before:: a non str gimping int enhancing PSI backbone...with very small psi bonuses and maybe agi and wpl malus?

It would then probably only be a temporary solution for monks to get to 95 int and heavy fire...esp if the speed hit was equivalent to PA. Or you might find monks opting for no PA and psi nerves (?) and vice versa

Ciao,

SD

Lafiel
09-05-04, 05:05
why u leveling in el farid cc is the way to go

mishkin
09-05-04, 09:35
Make PSU a mandatory requirement for all spells.

Lets say a level of PSU close to the level of PPU/APU required for that spell.

Then, remove the influence on frequency and handling that PPU/APU has on the spells, and voila, gimped tradeskiller monks... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, isnt this what should be done? :)
As I see it, PSU is the skill that should be affecting your RoF and aiming, not PPU/APU.

Scanner Darkly
09-05-04, 10:29
This would achieve what exactly considering the current low sever pops???
Get a clue please.

Regards,

SD

mishkin
09-05-04, 11:32
First off: stop dragging the damn populations into every conversation.

What do you mean exactly? Do you honestly believe people would leave because of the int gain getting boosted, and monks losing their trade-skills that were never there in the first place? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it might be a little too harsh to make the PSU req the same level as the APU/PPU req, it should do the same as willpower though, which makes for a moderate requirement, whilst monk could still get to trade-skill... :)

ino
09-05-04, 12:11
Didnt read everything as usual rather wanted to voice something.

Hmm some say monks gain 66% int 100% psi. Well I say bullshit.

I say a rifle spy has the ability to lvl almost twice as fast in intel than a ppu at the same lvl. The ppu is the monk that gains int the fastest and I would say its more like 40% and apus are still at 33% wich is unfair aswell. Apus should get a tl boost on their rare spells. cause tanks/spies and so on have weaps at tl 115 and so on to boost their int gain. Rare barrels are higher tl but only up to what 110 or something and the rof isnt alot but still can do a fair amount of dmg but more is needed.

Tradeskilling well in a community as it is atm with no hordes of players there's nothing wrong with a ppu who can poke cause it's needed. Research needs stupid amounts of points to be successfull and even ppus will feel the loss of psu there. Cst, u need more dex to be good or aloot of cst and again we will feel the psu loss.

The only viable tradeskill for monks is hack, poke or maby barter at a decent lvl but if you want to go above decent you will feel the psu loss.

But I can agree that the spies should have the advantage in tradeskilling in genereal but the idea of making psu connected to int gain like for drones and so on isnt that bad of an idea.

Well Im out of the damn int discussion in a month or so when I hit int 100 but there are still lots of others that dont have int 100.

shenten
09-05-04, 12:45
What bothers me the most regarding INT100 for monk is what will happen when BDOY is released ?

There is a little something that i'm waiting for and it is called "CERES skills". And AFAIK but i might be wrong, they require you to have both your primary skills capped ! So 98% of the monks are screwed ! What I want to know from --> KK <-- is if this is true, if we need to level days/nights to reach 100 because they won't do anything regarding INT Xp even when BDOY is released. I'm not into leveling cave for 300k int at level INT90 for mounths till september, if they plan to do int boost before/after BDOY and this can be achieved in a couple mounths at max. :mad:

Maarten
09-05-04, 13:56
No, they only require your primary skill to be capped. Martin explained this.

t0tt3, I was meaning in a overall basis, without looking at the action used. For example, spies get twice the amount of INT XP when doing the exact same thing as a PSI monk.