View Full Version : plz help with norton internet security profesiional

VetteroX
07-05-04, 06:17
Im posting this for a freind of mine. by accident, he somehow logged out of Norton internet security professional. Now, he cant do anything. If he clicks to play a a gme or whatever, it says "your not admin, you must be admin to do this" or whatever. He cant log in, because hes forgoten his pass. He cant call tech support, its 30$ for ONE call... retarded. www.symantec.com is the web site, I went there and couldnt find an answer... We tried some stuff like going into safe mode to remove it, and still cant... it even stops him from reformating I think, and even if he can, he really doesnt want to lose all his stuff. Can anyone help?

HatchetRyda
07-05-04, 06:52
Just make the Tech Call, cheap ass.

40$Poser
07-05-04, 07:10
hmm, if it's possible, I might suggest a system restore if the comp will allow him to rollback to a date prior to losing the pass

VetteroX
07-05-04, 08:02
yeah... 30 for a tech call... how about someone puts them up against a wall and shoots them for such lousy servise? Ive never seen tech support that wasnt free with purchase of a product.

Thx, he fixed it, he finnaly remebred the pass.

Original monk
07-05-04, 09:01
yeah... 30 for a tech call... how about someone puts them up against a wall and shoots them for such lousy servise?

you put it a littlebit extreme but yes, techsupport is a rip off, them lines you gotta call anyway ..

Vithar
07-05-04, 09:21
Give this a try:

Go into Add/Remove Programs
Find Norton Internet Security Pro
Select "Change"

This should put you into "Setup" and give you an option to change the password. You will have to be logged into Windows as the Administrator or have Administrator rights, I believe, to do this.

Vithar

winnoc
07-05-04, 10:00
Norton antivirus is cool, internet security not, their firewall sucks bigtime.
Most people don't have a clue as to what it is doing and they shut themselves off from the internet etc....

Use antivirus from norton and zoneallarm.

darknessfairy
07-05-04, 10:09
I like both... i use Norton Internet Security 2004, and i'm loving it. Before i had 2002, so this is slightly different to that, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

extract
07-05-04, 13:53
mocrosoft is worse theirs is like 65 or 75 i think....you have to pay it before they even put u in the call queue lol

I work tech support for a ISP here....and let me tell you, the amount of shit calls that come in, are undesireable to say the least, we got people who call us to tech their system just because microsoft and norton charge people....of course when we ask them why they called us, they never formally say oh its because we dont want to pay the 30$....when its some stupid simple setting....I think they should at least screen the call first and see what is going on....if its something legitimately wrong then I dont think the fee should apply, but for those calling to find out how they disable their av/fw when all they had to do was read the manual should get charged the 30....that applies to people who forget their pw imo....

StryfeX
08-05-04, 00:02
Im posting this for a freind of mine. by accident, he somehow logged out of Norton internet security professional. Now, he cant do anything. If he clicks to play a a gme or whatever, it says "your not admin, you must be admin to do this" or whatever. He cant log in, because hes forgoten his pass. He cant call tech support, its 30$ for ONE call... retarded. www.symantec.com (http://www.symantec.com/) is the web site, I went there and couldnt find an answer... We tried some stuff like going into safe mode to remove it, and still cant... it even stops him from reformating I think, and even if he can, he really doesnt want to lose all his stuff. Can anyone help?Let this be a lesson to all wannabe admins. DO NOT FORGET THE PASSWORD TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT. If you do, you're pretty much fucked.

There are some very limited ways ot attempt to get account passwords, but they take a lot of time and know-how, which is likely not to exist in the first place if they forgot the password.

Good to see he finally remembered the password though.

--Stryfe