PDA

View Full Version : Pluto < Neptune

cobrajay157
06-05-04, 21:48
I just looked at pluto and it has 39 people.... so here is my idea since pluto is dead its a waste of a server kill pluto let pluto people swich their char over to diff server or something and make pluto server into Neptune no safe zones that will bring that server right up so all the carebears can go to saturn and people who wants to have fun can play neptune like start of retail they were suppost to make neptune and never did post what ya think :rolleyes:

MisterP
06-05-04, 21:52
Errrr, Yep! :D

Aziraphale
06-05-04, 21:52
The servers were just down, some people havent logged back on yet.
But I agree anyway.

Lord SeS
06-05-04, 22:06
good idea

MfG SeS

zanzan
06-05-04, 22:10
just rename pluto to neptune, remove safe zones and keep everything on it.

Lafiel
06-05-04, 22:18
no, only if its zanzzzzzans idea..... STAY AWAY FROM MY SERVER DAMNIT! :mad:

Psychoninja
06-05-04, 23:03
rawr, me likes
5 stars

FU KOS

Morpheous
06-05-04, 23:06
Um. What about the rich Roleplay community that's been formed on Pluto?

Just wipe that away so you can kill each other? Like that'll have a lot of support. :mad:

Celt
06-05-04, 23:07
If neptune is a totally new server with no old charecters/equipment, 5 stars.

If it's just changed pluto, 0 :)

Psychoninja
06-05-04, 23:23

Just wipe that away so you can kill each other? Like that'll have a lot of support. :mad:

Oh yeah, since not being able to pull your weapon out in any given zone is Pro-RP :rolleyes:

Copbots blasting me for having a weapon out in a safezone is more RP than not being able to pull it out because of the magical copbot watching over my shoulder telling me to put it away.

-FN-
07-05-04, 00:05
What an... original... idea... :rolleyes:

Straight from MJS, Pluto is dead, so WHY NOT GIVE NEPTUNE A GO?!??

Seriously... what the fuck do you have to lose? 20 Players? ON A GOOD DAY? o_O

plague
07-05-04, 00:31
yayaya!!!11!!1 That be pretty fun to have server with no safezones, and they should take out le on that server too survival of the fitest

Psychoninja
07-05-04, 00:38
btw, why would we rename pluto to neptune? :p
Just make the changes :o

Celt
07-05-04, 00:59
btw, why would we rename pluto to neptune? :p
Just make the changes :oFuck that, like hell I'm going to start on pluto when everyone else has capped chars and thousands of rares.

Why not make uranus neptune then? :rolleyes:

Psychoninja
07-05-04, 01:18
Because it wouldn't be very hardcore with 4 char slots now would it? O_o

What do you expect them to do? Delete pluto and make a new server out of it? Like hell. The whole point of the topic is to make pluto into what neptune was supposed to be. I'd rather see neptune rules applied to pluto than any other server.

Benjie
07-05-04, 01:22
Delete Pluto over my Dead Body. I have lived there since January 2003, and I don't want to move.

:mad:

Saito Hajime
07-05-04, 01:47
Not a good idea.

Celt
07-05-04, 02:01
Because it wouldn't be very hardcore with 4 char slots now would it? O_o

What do you expect them to do? Delete pluto and make a new server out of it? Like hell. The whole point of the topic is to make pluto into what neptune was supposed to be. I'd rather see neptune rules applied to pluto than any other server.How exactly is 1 character "hardcore"?

I mean sure, levelling just 1 char, and only getting rares for 1 char is harder then doing 4, but I still dont see why.

If you turn pluto into neptune, woop de doo, you now have neptune with 29 players.

Big fucking change.

You want people back on neptune, since everyone else plays on 4 slot servers, maybe you should adapt instead of whining about how "hardcore" having 1 slot and buying 4 accounts is.

Psychoninja
07-05-04, 02:50
How exactly is 1 character "hardcore"?
I mean sure, levelling just 1 char, and only getting rares for 1 char is harder then doing 4, but I still dont see why.

Money is harder to come by and you have to rely more on other people rather than your alts.

If you turn pluto into neptune, woop de doo, you now have neptune with 29 players.

Big fucking change.

Actually, if pluto turned into neptune I think we'd see a good amount of people reactivating and coming back from saturn. Pluto hasn't always had 30 people :wtf:

Benjie
07-05-04, 03:09
Pluto hasn't always had 30 people wtf:
Don't asume that everyobody enjoys crowded servers.

Pluto > Saturn (for me, and for some)

Celt
07-05-04, 03:54
Money is harder to come by and you have to rely more on other people rather than your alts.How can money possibly be harder to come by? even if I have 4 chars, I can still only play one at a time.

Also, on uranus all I ever had was a resser, relied on friends for repairing, constructing and poking.

Actually, if pluto turned into neptune I think we'd see a good amount of people reactivating and coming back from saturn. Pluto hasn't always had 30 people :wtf:So why should pluto go neptune?

Other then you're a bunch of arrogant people who think you're "1337er" and more "hardcore" then the other servers.

IceStorm
07-05-04, 04:01
so here is my idea since pluto is dead its a waste of a server A waste to who? I pay for three accounts on Pluto. All my characters are LE'ed. It's been my home since the day it went live. If you want a Neptune, push for a Neptune, but you don't get to convert Pluto.

Saito Hajime
07-05-04, 04:18
heh hard is playing one character on one account. alts, either thru slots or other accounts are for girls. I dislike multi account play, if you want to have a solo character on pluto fine have one, if you get bored with one guy and dont wanna start over groovy, there are other servers, make NEW friends! Live a Little! One character, one account is the only way to go. At least, its what the devs had in mind when they limited the server to one char.

Oh, and I want to apologize in advance, I posted on this thread, so, invariably a moderator is gonna see my name and see red. So I apologize in advance for the abrupt closing of the thread because I posted on it.

petek480
07-05-04, 04:29
At least, its what the devs had in mind when they limited the server to one char.
Yea i'm sure KK hates it when someone buys another account for an alt :rolleyes:

Saito Hajime
07-05-04, 04:35
I am sure they don't mind when folks buy other accounts. But I doubt thats the reason they made the server that way in the first place. I'd like to belive that at least the developers would like the gamers to earn things for thier characters on pluto. Why else would they limit it to one character other than to prevent Twinkage?

Celt
07-05-04, 04:54
heh hard is playing one character on one account. alts, either thru slots or other accounts are for girls.You are like the first plutonian I've seen without a second account.
Perhaps you should campaign for a new server where everyone, no matter how many accounts, can have only 1 character, because that certainly doesnt apply to pluto right now.

However, you are yet another arrogant tosshead from pluto.

One character, one account is the only way to go.It's YOUR way to go, not the only way.

It's not even the most popular way, judging by figures it seems only about 2% of players want it that way.

At least, its what the devs had in mind when they limited the server to one char.How do you know thats what the devs had in mind? How do you know they didnt just want a server that had a smaller DB to compare server load and stability, and it grew from there?

You also seem to be missing the fact it was 20 months ago that it was created.

Psychoninja
07-05-04, 04:54
How can money possibly be harder to come by? even if I have 4 chars, I can still only play one at a time.

Also, on uranus all I ever had was a resser, relied on friends for repairing, constructing and poking.

So why should pluto go neptune?

Other then you're a bunch of arrogant people who think you're "1337er" and more "hardcore" then the other servers.

Ok, difference between saturn and pluto is on pluto there is less of an inflation in credits considering you need 2 - 3 accts to produce APCs and make some really nice money, now if you have 4 slots on saturn it's really easy to have 2 - 3 chars dedicated to making APCs and bringing some big bucks.

Why should pluto go neptune?
Primarily because it's already 1 char server, and if the servers are dying at a steady pace who's stupid enough to empty them even more by opening a new server? Can you give me a reason why pluto WOULDN'T be a good candidate?

PS

"hawr hawr hawr i r 1337"

:rolleyes:

Heavyporker
07-05-04, 05:03
leave... pluto.. alone...

jeez, by crahn's itchy left nut, leave it alone!

Celt
07-05-04, 05:20
Ok, difference between saturn and pluto is on pluto there is less of an inflation in credits considering you need 2 - 3 accts to produce APCs and make some really nice money, now if you have 4 slots on saturn it's really easy to have 2 - 3 chars dedicated to making APCs and bringing some big bucks.I've seen one person do that on uranus in a year there, and he quit after a few months.

Everyone, on every server I've played does that(that being make apc's using c10's), we even did it on venus when it was 1 slot.

You know how? YOU USE MULTIPLE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Imagine that in a MMO.

Why should pluto go neptune?
Primarily because it's already 1 char server, and if the servers are dying at a steady pace who's stupid enough to empty them even more by opening a new server? Can you give me a reason why pluto WOULDN'T be a good candidate?
Wow, so its bad to make a NEW server because it takes population from all the other servers.

But, its good to change an old server, so it takes population from all the others.

This is a case of pluto arrogance methinks.

Also, how about the fact their is nothing "hardcore" about a server that already has thousands of capped chars, tens or hundreds of thousands of rares.

Sounds like you want a server that's no levelling, no hunting, no economy, just ganking in p1.
That's not neptune I'm afraid.

And have you though that maybe not every pluto player wants the server changed?
But then, that wouldnt matter to you, judging by your posts.
What you want is what matters, fuck everyone else.

Psychoninja
07-05-04, 05:59
You're right, people CAN cooperate on a one char server to make APCs but I really haven't met many people that would be willing to sacrifice their 1 char slot to make a tradeskiller spy. So it's less likely to happen than a 4 char server.

Lets see, make a new server and scatter the population even more, or just alter one server so the population doesn't drop so much on the current servers? I'd rather see one altered.

Whats not hardcore about a server that already has several capped chars and rares? You have to lvl in order for it to be hardcore?

Where did I say I wanted a server with no economy, no hunting, and no leveling? I said I wanted neptune, not a big CS server.

And did it ever occur to you that MAYBE, just MAYBE the majority of pluto players MIGHT just want the change? I'm obviously here as a plutonian posting my opinion, how does that matter less than the person who doesn't want the change? If someone doesn't want the change good for them, I'm not going to tell them they're wrong, or flame them. They are entitled to their opinion just as much as I am. The forums are here to discuss issues like these so we can figure out how many of the active community members want and change and how many don't.

Judging by your posts you just want a new server so you won't get PKed as a lowbie if you switched.

Celt
07-05-04, 06:11
You're right, people CAN cooperate on a one char server to make APCs but I really haven't met many people that would be willing to sacrifice their 1 char slot to make a tradeskiller spy. So it's less likely to happen than a 4 char server.I have a researcher spy on venus, he has 125 base research, rest is weapon lore, and he's a combat pistol spy.
He does fine in PVP, spies can EASILY do both.

Lets see, make a new server and scatter the population even more, or just alter one server so the population doesn't drop so much on the current servers? I'd rather see one altered.And of course, the one to be altered, just happens to be the server you're capped and kitted out on.

Whats not hardcore about a server that already has several capped chars and rares? You have to lvl in order for it to be hardcore?There has to be some effort in it.

Where did I say I wanted a server with no economy, no hunting, and no leveling? I said I wanted neptune, not a big CS server.Well, seeing as how pretty much everyone has a capped char on pluto and rares, there wont be anything other then pvp'ing, will there?

And did it ever occur to you that MAYBE, just MAYBE the majority of pluto players MIGHT just want the change? I'm obviously here as a plutonian posting my opinion, how does that matter less than the person who doesn't want the change?I asked if you had thought maybe most of pluto didnt want the change.
Obviously not.

Judging by your posts you just want a new server so you won't get PKed as a lowbie if you switched.I want a server that doesnt have a hundred million rares and thousands of capped characters, because thats just fucking boring.

Saito Hajime
07-05-04, 06:20
You are like the first plutonian I've seen without a second account.
Perhaps you should campaign for a new server where everyone, no matter how many accounts, can have only 1 character, because that certainly doesnt apply to pluto right now.

However, you are yet another arrogant tosshead from pluto.

It's YOUR way to go, not the only way.

It's not even the most popular way, judging by figures it seems only about 2% of players want it that way.

How do you know thats what the devs had in mind? How do you know they didnt just want a server that had a smaller DB to compare server load and stability, and it grew from there?

You also seem to be missing the fact it was 20 months ago that it was created.

lol the most popular way, shit whats popular got to do with it, I suppose you do things that are popular, but imagine a world where we all did only what was popular, we'd all be hooked on brittney spears, nsync, american idol, and that shithead gore would be president.... lol popular.
Of course its not the popular way, playing it straight never has been, the old argument still rings today, (from early eq) well, I earned things for my first character that entitles me to have it easy for my second... blah blah blah.

Youre right though, playing it straight sure isnt the only way, but I'm much more impressed with someone who played it straight up, and earns everything they achieve. for any and all characters. My character is far from the baddest tank on pluto, but he gets a lil badder every day and I've earned nearly everythign i have on my own, I did get a bit of spoilage from clanmates but hey, thats what social interaction is about.

dont fuck with pluto

Psychoninja
07-05-04, 06:25
That nice that you don't mind being a spy, but others do.

The server I play on happens to be the one I want altered, so? Happens to be that the server you're not kitted on and capped is the one you dont' want to be altered.

What effort do you need to make for it to be a hardcore server? When we refer to it as a hardcore server first thing that comes to peoples mind is PvP, so there will be alot of PvP. PvP actually helps the ingame economy, and encourages people to level.

How would everyone else having a capped char and built rares be boring for you?

Celt
07-05-04, 06:30
lol the most popular way, shit whats popular got to do with it, I suppose you do things that are popular, but imagine a world where we all did only what was popular, we'd all be hooked on brittney spears, nsync, american idol, and that shithead gore would be president.... lol popular.You dont seem to understand what popular means.

Of course its not the popular way, playing it straight never has been, the old argument still rings today, (from early eq) well, I earned things for my first character that entitles me to have it easy for my second... blah blah blah.What the fuck are you talking about?
Theirs no way to twink in NC, other then PPU's.

Youre right though, playing it straight sure isnt the only way, but I'm much more impressed with someone who played it straight up, and earns everything they achieve. for any and all characters.So, if I hunt techs on my tank and get a CS that way, that's ok.
But if I hunt techs on my spy to get a ray of god, that's not earning it?

My character is far from the baddest tank on pluto, but he gets a lil badder every day and I've earned nearly everythign i have on my own, I did get a bit of spoilage from clanmates but hey, thats what social interaction is about.

dont fuck with plutoYou just make absolutely no sense...

Celt
07-05-04, 06:34
That nice that you don't mind being a spy, but others do.

The server I play on happens to be the one I want altered, so? Happens to be that the server you're not kitted on and capped is the one you dont' want to be altered. I have a capped PE on pluto.

What effort do you need to make for it to be a hardcore server? When we refer to it as a hardcore server first thing that comes to peoples mind is PvP, so there will be alot of PvP. PvP actually helps the ingame economy, and encourages people to level.How can it encourage people to level when everyone's capped :rolleyes:

How would everyone else having a capped char and built rares be boring for you?Simple enough, if I kill someone, and take their belt, it should mean something.

On pluto, where everyone has a gazillion rares, it means shit.

Psychoninja
07-05-04, 06:40
I have a capped PE on pluto.

Then wtf are you complaining about?
Go delete him and relevel again if it's so much fun to start fresh!

How can it encourage people to level when everyone's capped :rolleyes:

DOY is being released in the future, hopefully it will bring in alot of new people. And not Everyone is capped...

Simple enough, if I kill someone, and take their belt, it should mean something.

You make it sound like we sit around and hand out rares for fun because we have too many to know what to do with. Believe me, rares mean enough on pluto.

40$Poser
07-05-04, 07:04
just rename pluto to neptune, remove safe zones and keep everything on it.

and maybe up the chars allowance to 2 :p

vanpan
07-05-04, 07:33
if pluto will wiped and turn to neptune, many Germans people come on the server. of therefore it I would say then the neptune have the biggest player base.
but we still know that everybody has 2-3 accounts.

"translated by google edit by myself"

Shadow Dancer
07-05-04, 07:44
I don't want pluto turning into neptune anymore. First of all there's not much special about neptune. No safezones, big whoop. If you think people are STILL gonna be hanging out and afking in plaza then you got another thing coming. It'll just be like another pepper park. Only people with stealth or a stupid ppu will regularly travel through. Secondly, no safeslot? As long as there's a belt drop then i'm against no safeslot. Stupid belt drop already descriminates against people who can't hack. Their have been times I killed sooooo many people in PP, the place was littered with belts. But they all got it back, because it's mega gimpage for my char to take up hacking. But as soon as I die, they either can hack or have some stupid ALT that hacks. The only comfort I have is knowing I have a safeslot. I'm only for removing safeslot if items just dropped to the ground.

Another thing. Look at how lame the people on pluto already are with waiting 50000 years for a res. Or some of them not even setting ONE foot outside a safe zone without a ppu. IMO the # of

1.Stealth whores

2.People who can't live without a ppu

will sky rocket if pluto was made to neptune. When I travel alone and I kill 1-2 people, they usually come back with a ppu. That really burns me up. Or when I fight someone in pp and they come back with one. I know no safeslot will only escalate that problem. So no thanks.

Third, there's nothing "hardcore" about pluto. The majority of the population has alts or access to alts. It's rediculous. The clan i'm in has tons of alts. I never know who i'm talking to. I always have to say "who's this?". It was like that in other clans too. It's rediculous. I wish there was some way to TRULY enforce the 1 char rule, even for multiple accounts.

If pluto does become neptune, people should have a chance to move their char to another server.

I don't think neptune will suddenly make the population blow up either. I think the only thing that will make a more crowded server is a merge(winnar) or a real advertising campaign.

In other words no. If it does become neptune, please let me move my char. k thx

Heavyporker
07-05-04, 07:50
lets see.. I don't have alts or access to alts... I gr upon death when hunting... I ain't capped nor can I be arsed to... I place a higher value on RP than running around pking and pvping 24/7... oh, and 24/7 pking/pvping aint gonna up an economy... and yes, rares mean enough on Pluto... we actually have a decent economy...

let me reiterate.. LEAVE PLUTO ALONE.

Shadow Dancer
07-05-04, 07:50
Too bad you represent the small minority.

Heavyporker
07-05-04, 08:01
there's a nice little saying...

goes something like this...

'it only takes a passionate minority to keep the issues aflame in the minds of the majority"... or was that "a minority can win by continously fanning the flames of an issue"?

hmm.. anyways, the point is there. just cos I'm in the minority means you can use lamebrain arguements to paint the whole of a server with a particular color. I mean, get real. On the one hand, you can't confirm your statement, On the other hand, its just a fuckpisspoormoronicidiotically poor way to run a proper debate and makes you look like a reactionary (stupid). Not that I'm seeing much rationalism for the foundation of a debate in here.

Lets keep it straight and to the point. No one's served by closing or moving Pluto. No one's served by bringing aspects of BDoY in early and generally turning Plaza into a wasteland (thanks to pkers taking happy advantage of the 3 or so second delay in copbot judgement and action). No one's served by continually bringing up Neptune, server merges, populations, and shit like that. Let them die. There's a plan already in place, there's still a population, you can affect that internally (player interactions and events), just let the damn threads die so we can put our energies to the problems instead of this pissing around and whingeing and wanking and spitting cusses at each other.

LEAVE.... PLUTO... AND... THE... OTHER... SERVERS.. ALONE!

Shadow Dancer
07-05-04, 08:07
You made no sense. How am I using lamebrained arguements to paint the whole server a particular color? Obviously it's not a fact since I can't prove it, I'm just stating my opinion that I think(one of many, thanks for ignoring everything else like you always do when you have nothing to add), the majority of people on pluto have alts or access to alts.

Btw you flame people too much and too quickly. Chill out.

You're not adding anything btw, you just keep shouting in caps "OMFG LOLOLOLO LEAVE PLUTO TEH ALONENESS". So much for an arguement.

O_o

You say people should direct their energies to the problem. That's what people are doing. You may not like the proposed solutions, but at least their proposing some instead of derailing threads with flames and just posting in caps.

INFERNO22
07-05-04, 11:03
leave pluto alone FFS!

reason A its getting small cos YOU are all leavning it and then complaining that its small.........DONT leave and it wont get any lower.

reason B people who say oh pluto dont matter delete it or what ever its only got 20 members .......... Bullshit theres like over 300 + with a registerd char on pluto. Only 30 -70 people are active becuase YOU LEFT
AND NOW YOU COMPLAIN THAT ITS SMALL , Piss off

simple fix for pluto ,STOP LEAVING and it wont get any smaller

garyu69
07-05-04, 15:05
Can you give me a reason why pluto WOULDN'T be a good candidate?Because the people who want to change Pluto to Neptune are those who don't play on Pluto.

Leave Pluto alone.

Furion
07-05-04, 15:12
Of course its not the popular way, playing it straight never has been, the old argument still rings today, (from early eq) well, I earned things for my first character that entitles me to have it easy for my second... blah blah blah.

Youre right though, playing it straight sure isnt the only way, but I'm much more impressed with someone who played it straight up, and earns everything they achieve. for any and all characters. My character is far from the baddest tank on pluto, but he gets a lil badder every day and I've earned nearly everythign i have on my own, I did get a bit of spoilage from clanmates but hey, thats what social interaction is about.

erm, so having 2 accs lets u get things u havent earned? damn, why didnt i know that before i started earning my weapons and implants.

care to elaborate? maybe get ur facts straight?

Praetorian
07-05-04, 16:04
Ok, im just gonna skip page 2 and 3 and go for it...

Stop the 'good ideas' shit about pluto. If you dont like pluto, leave pluto. I love pluto, would never move to any other server. I dont want more slots either, people who have multiple accounts on pluto have so because they love pluto the way it is. Dont mess it up because YOU want your wet dream of a PvP server to happen on the account of alot of other people.

I will admit the server population is low, but i dont really give a damn, because most of the people that left i hope never return to pluto. (preferably never to the game, coz i'd still have to read their forum posts)

All server populations will be low until we see DoY or massive advertising. Thats just the way it is. Live with it. Pluto is fine, and would be completely screwed over by all the "clever" ideas people have.

2 slots? you gotta be kidding... why do you think the majority of people started on pluto instead of a 4 slot server? Oh thats a hard one... If you want variety (and the chance to gank someone with your alt thats in another clan AND another faction) go to another server... Changing pluto into 2 slots makes no sense whatsoever at this point... Im guessing most people who come up with these ideas are people that left Pluto but are now looking for an excuse to return 'home'... o.O

If you dont like it, go play on another server 'where the PvP is oooh so wonderful, the other runners are fantastic and the population is oooh so high'...

Goodbye, pluto wont miss you...

(If you haven't noticed im getting slightly annoyed at these posts)

Jest
07-05-04, 16:14
Guys I hate to break it to you, but Pluto is friggin dead. I'm still there of course, but then again, I'm an idiot. I log in every night with NO ONE to fight. No one. The only thing I have to do is trade rares and try and level my monk. But what do I tell the capped PEs in my clan with only one account who have absolutely nothing to do? Oh sorry, I guess you are going to have to just sit on your ass in Plaza 2 and sex people for fun. No. As a clan leader I have an obligation to my members, and looking for ways to increase Pluto numbers needs to happen. Turning it into Neptune? Adding a second character slot? These are things we need to consider. Don't just say "f you leave Pluto alone." You are all being selfish. I don't care if you don't agree with whats being proposed, just dont stand in the damn corner of the room with your hands over your ears screaming loudly at any idea thats proposed.

ezza
07-05-04, 16:18
imo just playing the same char for over a year and 1/2 would of been boring to me and thats a route of plutos probs, more veriety = more fun, i play my tank 90% of time but then i take time out to play other classes as well.

dont know if making pluto into neptune will really do anything, wont effect me since i wont move from saturn but you welcome to turn pluto into neptune

mishkin
07-05-04, 16:31
@Praetorian:

I agree to the full extent of your post, except the thing about people starting off on pluto because of the 1 slot... I started there because it was the default server when I logged in :rolleyes:

I wouldnt mind getting rid of the safe-zones, but that should be applied on ALL servers, not just one. The so called "neptune-rules" are stupid, and would only make this community another cs-wannabe-hideout...

PvP is essential for the game, but it should be balanced towards rp, and just bashing peoples brains out anywhere with no real consequences of dying, like the no-belt-drop thing, is just ridiculous.

I also agree that most people that have left pluto, are people I never hope to see again...

If KK decides to rename any server, I vote they rename Uranus to Urectum...

Peace

Praetorian
07-05-04, 16:32
Jest...

Just because YOU stand at a citycom in plaza 2 reclicking 'online' on members pages every 10 seconds to find someone to fight doesnt mean the rest of the pluto population does... o.O

Noone FORCES you to sit in p2 on a bench... Go out and fight some mobs, go NF with some clanmembers, who are capped and have noone to fight :rolleyes:

There is more to NC than PvP. Try RPing abit... Oh or wait... you COULD reroll if your so bored... but i guess thats out of the picture... Not funny being ganked as a noob is it?

And i love the 'im a clanleader, i must be responsible' routine... :rolleyes:

We are not being selfish, we, the current population, we like it the way it is! Its like someone coming into YOUR living room and telling you to switch channel coz they dont like what your watching... Yeah, you would love that... Especially when its coming from the next door neighbour... O_o

You guys would also whine if the population was 100 higher anyway. Oh look, a server that has 100 more than pluto, omg pluto is dead! Lets make pluto into something that the current population would really hate, coz that would really make people want to play there!

I'm REALLY tired of hearing the purely PvP players whine and moan... GO TO ANOTHER SERVER! :mad:

Heavyporker
07-05-04, 16:36
Plutoians been running events like mad. it hasn't been just me or zu, there's the GMs, theres the laff-a-minute guys giving out small prizes.

Pluto gonna be known as the *FUN* server.

And yeah, praetorian, i can see where you're coming from, I've said the same thing. Any numerical inequality in the servers gonna set off a huge whingefest.

phunqe
07-05-04, 16:39
I think we are about to get a bit personal eh? ;)

Depending of which point of view you are coming from, both "sides" can have a valid point in this. However, since I am not a pure PvP person myself, I stand on the "leave Pluto alone" side.

I am not bothered by the population to be honest. I am not obsessed by it and getting anxious up to a point were I want to do such drastic measures as introducing a second slot or removing all safe zones.

Sure, what the hell... Of course it's a bit discomforting finding 0-100 people on the server when you log in. However, as it stands today I always find my friends and something to do.

Call me crazy or whatever.
I call it ability to diversify.

s0apy
07-05-04, 16:43
wasn't the main reason people got excited about neptune the prospect of levelling without recourse to LEs or safezones? not to mention tradeskilling, hunting for rares, constructing rares, taking revenge on dishonest tradeskillers, etc. the absence of LE, safezones and safeslots on an existing server where everyone already has their rares, XP and so on seems to negate all or most of that. although the idea of neptune always seemed a little pointless to me at least.

as to pluto - yes, it's an enormous shame it's dieing. some might even say it was being left to die on purpose. whatever - i see no reason for hope in DoY, even if the general population increases. after all, which server would you choose if you were new to the game, and took one look at the server populations (whatever that might look like 5 months from now)?

phunqe
07-05-04, 16:45
Also, could people please stop with the "Pluto is dying".
Pluto is just at the bottom of the sinus wave...

;)

Xylaz
07-05-04, 16:59
oh thank god, i was thinking i'm all alone here. I *FULLY* agree with Praetorian on this - really those 'good ideas' about pluto are scary...
I know pretty much that pluto isn't very healthy nowadays - i'm the last man of my clan, lost 24 people within 2 weeks. Still, nothing really changed besides it - there are still some pkers to kill, griefers to grief, idiots to ignore, rpers to roleplay and so on. Just a little less than usuall...

Drake6k
07-05-04, 17:09
Jest...

Just because YOU stand at a citycom in plaza 2 reclicking 'online' on members pages every 10 seconds to find someone to fight doesnt mean the rest of the pluto population does... o.O

Noone FORCES you to sit in p2 on a bench... Go out and fight some mobs, go NF with some clanmembers, who are capped and have noone to fight :rolleyes:

There is more to NC than PvP. Try RPing abit... Oh or wait... you COULD reroll if your so bored... but i guess thats out of the picture... Not funny being ganked as a noob is it?

I'm one of the capped PEs with nothing to do and one account. I already rerolled him in January for the single reason of leveling again. Same class, same skills. I know what I like and I've tried EVERYTHING. I've spent forever dueling clan mates in Neofrag. I've spent over a year hunting. I dont need more freaking rares! I have 7 libs and 7 wyatt earps!!! I'm sick of that shit. I'd roleplay if there was ANYONE to RP with outside of plaza 2. Oh yeah I'll go sit in pepper park pub alone and cry myself to death. No other clans have anyone on when we're active. We went as far as taking Jeriko and asking the entire server to come fight us. We still got a crappy ass fight of 3 guys attacking. Pluto is dead and there is nothing fun left for me to do. Period.

I think its about time kk gave people a reason to come back or maybe merge the single character slot servers together. It's been said that it wouldnt be impossible. If pluto became the Neptune server I'd be thrilled.

Furion
07-05-04, 17:10
We are not being selfish, we, the current population, we like it the way it is!

no, we dont....

And i love the 'im a clanleader, i must be responsible' routine...

i love it too, cuz its true. he isnt just thinking about himself, he is thinking about his clan, you on the other hand, are not...

phunqe
07-05-04, 18:38
I think its about time kk gave people a reason to come back or maybe merge the single character slot servers together.

...and here we have the whole problem nicely wrapped up.

"Omg the population is going down."
"KK!!! FIX PLEASE OMG MERGE WHINE H4X KK SUX"

PLEASE tell me how this should be KK's responsibility. KK provides the servers in different flavours. Multislot servers, single slot servers. If people start to go to multichar servers, how on earth is this KK's fault?
They aim to provide a service with variety. If people want to play on a one slot server, fine play on Pluto. If people want to play on a multi slot server, play somewhere else.

Are people leaving?
Fine, offer events... offer joining bonuses... offer all equipment... offer whatever. Fight for your domain. Win people back.
What we have here is people getting bored and expects KK to fix the population. The population balance is supposed to be an issue balanced by players themselves.

i love it too, cuz its true. he isnt just thinking about himself, he is thinking about his clan, you on the other hand, are not...

No comment whatsoever.

EOF and out.

Shadow Dancer
07-05-04, 19:31
Turning it into Neptune? Adding a second character slot? These are things we need to consider. Don't just say "f you leave Pluto alone." You are all being selfish. I don't care if you don't agree with whats being proposed, just dont stand in the damn corner of the room with your hands over your ears screaming loudly at any idea thats proposed.

EXACTLY!

Damnit Jest. <3

I'm so damn tired of this selfish denial these people are in. "OMFG SO WHAT IF THEIR ARE 10 PEOPLE LEFT? STFU". It's rediculous. This is supposed to be a MMorpg. Where's the MM?

Disturbed021
07-05-04, 20:15
We are not being selfish, we, the current population, we like it the way it is!

So all of a sudden you speak for and know what ALL 40 ppl on Pluto want? :rolleyes:
Pluto is my main server and something needs to be done. U may sit there and say you like it fine the way it is but I like it with many more ppl. The interaction is why I play a MMORPG. Not just PvP, but talking to clannies or just random ppl out hunting or over trade.

The pop almost dropped to single digits last night :rolleyes: Oh but there isn't a problem at all. Neptune isn't the answer. And I don't know if 2 char slots would be either. All I know is I'm getting tired of logging in to see the pop still going down.

cobrajay157
07-05-04, 22:20
all you are saying leave pluto alone you dont even play on their alot as i can see and for all you guys saying no we will have to make new char while you pluto guys have capped chars you dont have to come over [ edited ] and if kk was smart they would make all servers 1 char server so they would be making more money on other people buying more accounts for alts. maybe they dont need to rename server for pluto maybe they should just take the safe zones away bam i bet more people would be playing pluto..

slaughteruall
07-05-04, 22:27

Yeah i guess when there are 60 ppl(peak) on you can roll play all you want.

Slaughter

Jest
07-05-04, 22:53
Jest...

And i love the 'im a clanleader, i must be responsible' routine... :rolleyes:

We are not being selfish, we, the current population, we like it the way it is! Its like someone coming into YOUR living room and telling you to switch channel coz they dont like what your watching... Yeah, you would love that... Especially when its coming from the next door neighbour... O_o

You guys would also whine if the population was 100 higher anyway. Oh look, a server that has 100 more than pluto, omg pluto is dead! Lets make pluto into something that the current population would really hate, coz that would really make people want to play there!

I'm REALLY tired of hearing the purely PvP players whine and moan... GO TO ANOTHER SERVER! :mad:
Prae I'm not saying that that two slots or Neptune rules is the definitive answer to fixing Pluto. Hey, maybe they will end up hurting Pluto worse. I'm saying think about the actual proposition instead of just whining and screaming STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME CHANGE MY CHANNEL ITS MY HOUSE!!! Well you know what bro, its my room too, its my tv too, its my channel too. So actually, it would be NOTHING like your example.

Go and fight some mobs? I do every night, trying desperately to level Psi actually. And Int level is a hateful bitch, so I actually have plenty of more time to hunt/level.

Go NF with some clan members? Actually despite being a PPU I do that fairly often. Ive gained a lot of practice and skill by just having my clan members constantly anti-buff and attack me. And my clan members do pretty often to. They often beg me to do it but Im sick of it lol.

Try RPing a bit? Yah just TRY to bring that crap to me. One, I roleplay a hell of a lot. Two, saying try RPing for a dead game is well, dumb. Its like me saying I'm bored with Morrowind and you telling me to try RPing more in the single player game. A lot of fun it is to roleplay with myself. Yay for self roleplaying. (And yes sadly I often actually do this, you can often find me in Pepper Pub sitting by myself just drinking. I know, Im pathetic). Believe or not, low player count affects many things besides PvP. Shock!

Reroll? Nope I'm fine I have plenty of leveling to do. And are you accusing me of being a newb ganker? Or was that just a random hateful comment for no apparent reason other than to try and be an ass? Well ok, whatever, Im actually a big fan of the MB raid but Im pretty well known as a newb helper. I like doing it for one, and also sometimes its the only thing to do. :p Im currently stock piling one of my DRE epic apartments with newb weapons/spells/armor so that keeps me kinda busy too.

Btw when did I ever say I was responsible just because I'm a clan leader? Ive know many clan leaders who are irresponsible, any muppet can just go out and start a clan. Though Id definitely consider myself a responsible clan leader. My oblgiation is to my members before myself. Thats just my style. It doesnr just matter if I have things to do in game, it matters to me that my members have things to do.

Yes its purely a PvP issue right? Onoz teh dirty pkars are whining. Buhu. Why the hell does everything have to ultimately get torn down to PvP? Fighting is one the most enjoyable things in Neocron. When there is no one to fight and no chance for action, you're damn right Im gonna be dissapointed. What am I supposed to say? Yay there is no one to fight that means we get to keep our two ops forever!!!! Horray for us, we must be like, uber or something.

I have been on Pluto since the first day I played this game and I will still be on Pluto when its only me left playing, so step off.

Freaky Fryd
07-05-04, 23:05
Do NOT change the Pluto server.
No to giving it 2 character slots.
No to making it into "Neptune."
No to merging it.
Yes to advertising and increasing the player base!

There is nothing wrong with the pluto server (the server itself and it's settings) imo
I picked Pluto in Dec 2002 because it was the english server with 1 character slot.
The community and feeling I've had there is great too!
I've seen/heard so many people that go to Saturn, but just don't enjoy the 'community' over there, and just come right back to Pluto with any little excuse...

The only thing lacking right now is volume...

There's 2 things contributing to this:
1) everyone of those people that logs on, looks at the server population and doesn't choose Pluto because of the amount of people at that moment
2) overall lack of players (where's the advertising for BDOY?)

With #1, it creates a paradox...people aren't logging onto Pluto because the server population is low, which is low because people aren't logging onto it...

Changing a server to bring people to it, isn't likely to increase the overall playerbase...it will just create problem #1 with one or more of the other servers.

"When" there's this flood of people coming into (or back into) the game, THEN create the new server. Just leave the current server setting alone!
(char slots, char wipe, etc)

::edit::
I'm a spy that's been capped since August - I still manage to find stuff to do

Psychoninja
07-05-04, 23:09
Turning it into Neptune? Adding a second character slot? These are things we need to consider. Don't just say "f you leave Pluto alone." You are all being selfish. I don't care if you don't agree with whats being proposed, just dont stand in the damn corner of the room with your hands over your ears screaming loudly at any idea thats proposed.

THANK YOU!

It's sad when I can log on pluto and see the same amount of people on a CS or Battle Field server.

What i'm noticing alot more is the people who tried to push for neptune, a few months back, are gone from the game, so it seems like less of us want the change. Too many PvPers have quit the game, and imo, they are/were the majority of the player base.

Mr_Snow
08-05-04, 00:20
If neptune is ever to be made a reality and I doubt it considering most of the neptune changes will come with DOY anyway then it should be a fresh start for everyone, all nib characters all nib tradeskillers no rares and fuck all money.

In reality it wouldnt matter that much whether it was a 1 slot or 4 slot neither makes a server more hardcore because we all know people will buy as many accounts as characters they want and there will be no way of enforcing a 1 char rule unless KK make it only 1 account per I.P. which would be stupid of them financially.

Freaky Fryd
08-05-04, 00:38
there will be no way of enforcing a 1 char rule unless KK make it only 1 account per I.P. which would be stupid of them financially.

As well as pissing off every customer that can't play because his roommate or family member does...
(using a router for their internet connection)

Saito Hajime
08-05-04, 04:02
Negative to changing pluto, The griefers finally ate themeselves, leave pluto be!

petek480
08-05-04, 04:39
Negative to changing pluto, The griefers finally ate themeselves, leave pluto be!
Lol dude, it's so funny how you let pkers get you so pissed off. Almost every post you make you try and take a shot at the pkers since thats all you really can do to get a little revenge :rolleyes:

Praetorian
08-05-04, 04:42
Ok, first off... I was kinda pissed, so my message might have come out in a bad way. My example with the living room was precise and to the point. I wasnt talking about you, but the people who are NOT playing on pluto anymore. Sorry if you thought that everything i said was ment to be about you... :wtf:

My clan is active and quite alive, we dont need to fight people all the time to think of NC as fun. Its actually really annoying having to go defend your OP when you are out in J_02 with 2/3 of your online runners levelling your low level peeps.

People constantly overlook the fact its a MMORPG... So if you are having a hard time RP'ing, look at your faction tag. Oh, could it be that 99% of BD dont give a .... about that but just want to PK all day long? Could it be that most of the RP'ing clans think BD are annoying and should burn in hell? ;)

Oh, and i really like to be told im not a responsible clan leader, i guess i have no part in how TGM became what it is today... :lol:

Arguing about this isnt going anywhere... People are so stuck in their own oppinions they wouldnt see reason if it came around and smacked them in the head...

So I'll just stop my participation in this aimless thread. Have fun flaming about pluto's future. I think i will chose to go play there instead of wasting my time here.

Oh and Jest, i dare you to bet on who stays on pluto the longest... Its going to be me, and theres no doubt about it. Oh well, if they fuck it up with those ideas, you just might be the last one! :D

Edit: @ Jest - Maybe YOU are helping newbs, but most your clan is killing newbs... (yay, lets run to MB and then if someone that might actually beat us fight back, we stealth our asses out of there). But i guess they are just 'roleplaying' the part of BD? And no, im not trying to be an ass, Im just pointing at the obvious.

And Furion... Do you even know who i am? I doubt it...

Saito Hajime
08-05-04, 06:34
Lol dude, it's so funny how you let pkers get you so pissed off. Almost every post you make you try and take a shot at the pkers since thats all you really can do to get a little revenge :rolleyes:

[ edited ] theres a difference. And I got plenty of revenge on the last couple of idiots that jumped me at a genrep or killed me in some equally gutless fashion 30mm rounds are bad ass.

petek480
08-05-04, 06:39
[ edited ] theres a difference. And I got plenty of revenge on the last couple of idiots that jumped me at a genrep or killed me in some equally gutless fashion 30mm rounds are bad ass.
I know how you carebears think.

Btw did you call me a clown:wtf:

Saito Hajime
08-05-04, 06:44
[ edited ]

petek480
08-05-04, 06:47
[ edited ]
HAHA, you better get back on pluto or you'll miss the tea party they're having in TH.

Saito Hajime
08-05-04, 07:12
yea, I'm Rip ya apart with my cuddly chaingun bear. anyway its been fun taunting you but I'm at work and gotta earn my keep a bit.

Pluto forever!

cobrajay157
08-05-04, 21:39
wow my first thread that didnt get closed :D and jest and jackl drake you say you play pluto still yet you stay on forums all day posting till your little tank brains cant think anymore :eek:

Oath
08-05-04, 22:43
Pluto sucks atm, but it's not gonna get anywhere until people suck it up.

Dirk_Gently
08-05-04, 23:55
But if they were to introduce a Neptune server with no safezones then they would have to totally rewrite the storyline. "Oppressive dictator doesn't have policing in his city" wouldn't hold.

I'm not saying that kk shouldn't do this as the storyline develops but ultimately from an rp sense it isn't viable for quite a while.

Aziraphale
09-05-04, 00:00
But if they were to introduce a Neptune server with no safezones then they would have to totally rewrite the storyline. "Oppressive dictator doesn't have policing in his city" wouldn't hold.

I'm not saying that kk shouldn't do this as the storyline develops but ultimately from an rp sense it isn't viable for quite a while.

Sure it is, the law is still enforced by Copbots and the like, its just that the totally unrealistic 'Big brother' watching over your shoulder and stopping you from drawing a weapon is removed.

Dirk_Gently
09-05-04, 00:04
Sure it is, the law is still enforced by Copbots and the like, its just that the totally unrealistic 'Big brother' watching over your shoulder and stopping you from drawing a weapon is removed.

True and the whole concealed weapon thing (stilettos, uzis) could come into play.

Edit:- the whole idea of a brainchip preventing you from carrying out violent acts is fairly standard science fiction fare though, so isn't that "unrealistic" in an rp sense

cobrajay157
09-05-04, 04:39
who cares about the story line kk needs all the people they can get how can you story play with 20 people (which the population is going to drop soon when better mmorg comes out) im just saying make neptune/pluto special server and let people have mad fun

Jest
09-05-04, 07:53
wow my first thread that didnt get closed :D and jest and jackl drake you say you play pluto still yet you stay on forums all day posting till your little tank brains cant think anymore :eek: Actually most of my forum posting is done on the week days at work. I'm not exactly the most responsible worker. ;) I hardly ever even post or read for that matter when I'm not at work, I'm too busy playing. And besides what does posting have to do with anything? Post count is irrelevant to the relationship of Pluto. And I've been in this game for two years bro, plenty of time to gather a lage post count. I post now just as much as I did when Pluto was the most popular server so whats your point?

Edit: @ Jest - Maybe YOU are helping newbs, but most your clan is killing newbs... (yay, lets run to MB and then if someone that might actually beat us fight back, we stealth our asses out of there). But i guess they are just 'roleplaying' the part of BD? And no, im not trying to be an ass, Im just pointing at the obvious. I wont get into the philosophies of pking/rping here but I
a) encourage my clan members to help new players out when ever possible.
b) encourage then to go pking when possible, especially at MB.
This is not defending my actions of pking, this is simply defending my actions against not being in control of my clan. We actually have an almost exception free red=dead policy in the clan that I personally instituted. ;) Unfortunately most people cant see to differentiate any sort of killing with being an ass. If I pk under any circumstances then I obviously must be a complete fucktard right? Its dissapointing, but hey, we've given up trying to evangelize anyways. We just try and play the game, and we will sure as hell be playing it on Pluto for better or worse.

-=BlackBeard=-
09-05-04, 11:37
OMFG <3 cobra

DOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTtt

mishkin
09-05-04, 11:48
Suggested how many times already by how many different people in how many different threads? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it could be a good idea, if it was possible to get your character transferred with all it's belongings to a server of your choosing. PvPers would want to get moved to Pluto, while some RPers would probably want to move to another server... This alone kills the idea, because there is no way in hell kk are going to sit down moving database entries from one server to another :D

Dirk_Gently
09-05-04, 13:29
who cares about the story line

If you don't care about the storyline then why play an rpg??

cobrajay157
09-05-04, 16:25
If you don't care about the storyline then why play an rpg??

I do care about the story im saying make just neptune no story line let people go on their and pk intill their gun fking breaks or spell lol i think people would like to do that then go on other rpg servers :D

Dirk_Gently
09-05-04, 18:16
I do care about the story im saying make just neptune no story line

K sorry misunderstood. I agree then.

I'd personally like a no monk server :)

Carinth
09-05-04, 20:13
I had a long post written out about how asinine both sides of this argument are, but I lost my train of thought and ended up rambling :D Anyway, short and sweet is this:

Pluto is not fine, a server pop under 100 is unacceptable. This is a mmorpg, not nwn multiplayer. Heck many multiplayer fps have more people on a server then Pluto does. A higher player count benefits everyone, though you may get bad players, you also get good players. More players means more content and more rp.

Pluto becoming Neptune is wishful thinking and wouldn't work at all. Shadow already explained why no safezones does absolutely nothing to boost pvp. If pepper park is empty now, all of neocron will be empty once you remove the safezones. I don't care about a safeslot, since I carry multiple valuable items it never protected me anyway. I do care about belt drops though. As a ppu I would be excluded from pvp if we dropped items instead of belts. My risk level is over the top already since everyone swarms to hack my belt. At least I can get a teamate to sneak in and grab it for me. There's no reason why my risk should be increased even more, just to make everyone else have a reasonable risk. Yes its selfish, but it's not my fault kk can't balance ppu's. If they balanced our risk in pvp compared to other classes, then sure I'd be fine with everyone getting a higher risk. On a less personal side, item dropping hurts lowlvl/newer players the most. I scrounged around to get the parts to make my first Holy Paralysis. If I had lost it due to some bored ganker, I would have been rather angry. Most likely it'd be useless to the person who killed me, he prolly has much better quality ones already. But for me, that was a weeks work down the drain and me unable to pvp very much until I manage to get a new one. As a matter of fact that did happen to me back when I was a younger player, I was pretty righteously pissed off because it was my 5slot ultimated holy heal. My best spell I had ever managed to get built and my most needed spell gone just because of a bored loser. Since then I've become the bored loser, I've got a stash of resources so large I could fund a small country. My stash is currently running low, but a few months ago, I could have myself back and running from a death within a few minutes. I had spares of everything I needed, so losing items didn't mean as much to me. It'd be easy for me to say, yea lets drop items instead of belts! There'd be more risk so it'd be fun to pvp again. But once again my risk level isn't the same so it's unfair to others. In this case I don't value a single rare as much as a newer player would. The risk is higher for them then me.

Ahh I started rambling again, ohwell. I do think it's up to KK to take responsiblity for improving the game. Many have left because of losing faith in KK. They have no reason to come back unless KK does something to prove they're deserving of our faith again.

Furion
09-05-04, 20:20
And Furion... Do you even know who i am? I doubt it...

i know u used to be a good tradeskiller, dunno wtf u are now tho.
do u know who i am? :rolleyes: