PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to run 2 NC clients on 1 PC

Rith
06-05-04, 17:31
Obviously with 2 accounts

Can this be done by switching local ports?

If so how?

R

wolfwood
06-05-04, 17:34
i think if u can then u would need two different cd keys to run them both.

Lexxuk
06-05-04, 17:37
I think they disabled it in a previous patch, used to be able to, just copy ur neocron folder to a new directory, and change the ports on the fly, not sure if u still can.

slaughteruall
06-05-04, 17:37
just load one of them up

change local port

load it up again

Slaughter

Gestra
06-05-04, 17:38
You can do it 2 ways.

Either start up a client alt tab, then in your neocron.ini file add a line that says " localport=????". Some random number.

Or install NC twice and edit the neocron.ini file in each one so that is has a different localport number.

P!tch Black
06-05-04, 17:38
cant u just log on Neocron and sign in with ur char then alt/tab out go to the neocron.in folder and change the port and then run neocron again?

Thats how i have had to do it the odd time

SynC_187
06-05-04, 17:39
2 Accounts.

Method 1:

Load up NC.

Then edit your Neocron.ini file (to be found in your Neocron directory) and add the line

LOCALPORT = "xxxxx"

Replace the x's with a number between 0 and 65000. Be sure to avoid entering the numbers of standard ports (like 80, which is the port for HTTP (web) traffic or 110, the standard POP3 (mail) port).

Method 2:

Copy your NC folder to another location.

Then edit your Neocron.ini file for copy 2 and add the line

LOCALPORT = "xxxxx"

Replace the x's with a number between 0 and 65000. Be sure to avoid entering the numbers of standard ports (like 80, which is the port for HTTP (web) traffic or 110, the standard POP3 (mail) port).

Create a shotcut to the second copy.

Run one after the other.

Jest
06-05-04, 17:46
2 Accounts.

LOCALPORT = "xxxxx"

Replace the x's with a number between 0 and 65000. Be sure to avoid entering the numbers of standard ports (like 80, which is the port for HTTP (web) traffic or 110, the standard POP3 (mail) port). Thats what I do. I usually just have the ini file open all the time and when I want to log my second account at the same time its a simple matter of changing the number and starting NC up again.

Rith
06-05-04, 19:45
okay - so I've got 2 installs, both with distinct LOCALPORT = "1235" entries in the neocron.ini

first client logs in fine, second client allows me to select which char i want, then after a few seconds crashes to logon screen with a "join session failed: unable to connect to proxy" message

Any ideas?

Jest
06-05-04, 19:46
okay - so I've got 2 installs, both with distinct LOCALPORT = "1235" entries in the neocron.ini
Any ideas? Number must be different.

Rith
06-05-04, 19:50
Number must be different.

:angel:

slaughteruall
06-05-04, 19:53
Does the second install work by itself?
If not try another local port.

If it does work i have no clue. But does not hurt to try anyways.

Slaughter

Crest
06-05-04, 20:00
Obviously with 2 accounts

Can this be done by switching local ports?

If so how?

R

Threads that asked and answered this questin are here
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=78955&highlight=LocalPort

Hmm .. Anything else ....

Also cause NC is power hungry needs a good Comp .... And I can only do it in window mode (Watches everyone run off and try this now) .....

alig
06-05-04, 20:01
Simply install nc again somewhere else...leave the original install .ini and change the second install .ini : Add this : LOCALPORT = "8001" or something NOT "8000" ...i run the second install from its directory, not through a shortcut because it has a tendency to fuck up.

Rith
06-05-04, 20:05
Does the second install work by itself?
If not try another local port.

If it does work i have no clue. But does not hurt to try anyways.

Slaughter

yeah they both work fine independantly - just not together

slaughteruall
06-05-04, 20:24
Also cause NC is power hungry needs a good Comp .... And I can only do it in window mode (Watches everyone run off and try this now) .....

I can do it in full screen (1024x768) but after about a hour it just kills mmy memory and ends up taking me around 45 secs to ALT-TAB.

In window's mode i can run 3 NC (2 retail and 1 testserver) with no problem

@Rith Sorry man i dont know what to tell you. Are you on cable/DSL or a modem? Also what router are you running? Does it work if you plug your modem straight to your comp?

Slaughter

Rith
06-05-04, 21:03
It maybe a symptom of running MS Internet Connection Sharing + Firewall - not sure...

It is very annoying

Crest
07-05-04, 10:08
It maybe a symptom of running MS Internet Connection Sharing + Firewall - not sure...

It is very annoying

Should not be fire wall, I not an networking expert... but if the range of ports are open, no probs....

I also have run con sharing, when I ran on 2 machines ... I had problems running NC on 2 comps with int sharing .... Sometimes could not log on second client though ....