PDA

View Full Version : Few things I wanna propose - PSI Controller and Regant Launcher Cyclops among them

Heavyporker
06-05-04, 14:54
Guys, seriously. Let's think on those things.

one...
- the psi controller's just totally crap to the other PSI chips. I think it needs a impressive boost to PSI Use to become appealing to Monks (and even non-monks). No +PSI, +ppw, and it's a minus to +hck, ouch!
- I think it'd be quite fair if the level 1 PSI Controller had +10 PSI Use, the level 2 +20 PSI Use, and the level 3 +35 PSI Use.
- Considering that the PSI Controllers don't give the all-important +PSI or +ppw, the raise in +PSI Use would be quite fair. Even if the minus' were upped a bit (just a bit, dear Crahn)

two...
- considering that screenshots, and multiple threads confirm Launcher Cyclops in DarkMetal, the Regants level...
- how about making said Launcher Cyclops into a deadly 90/90 Regants Cyclop, firing RAYCANNON bursts?!? That'd scare the shit out of everything, I bet you!

three...
- PSI Gloves are for the uninitated and weak, right? Even for low level PSI Monks, right?
- Brains are elastic, and a skill worked on for so long and hard would become utterly ingrained and absolutely a part of the self...
- Around PSI level 90, PSI Monks would have gotten extremely adept at using PSI that their brains have adapted... making the need for the PSI Glove unnecessary...
- How about a quest of harsh trials only for PSI Monks, that when they pass, they can cast aside the PSI Gloves and use spells without being reliant on the glove? I mean, PSi Monks could still use gloves (Tacholytium glove in point), but they wouldn't NEED them to cast, having ascended to become on at least par with the original PSI Monks from the cave (who, by the way, were communal minds, coordinating their power, so while powerful, might not be the equal on a 1 by 1 basis to today's Monks.)

four...
- downloadable NPC writer interface utility.
- We need something to make the GM's jobs easier... by making a set interface with a set format, we can send in NPC dialogue scripts to the GMs/KK for preview and acceptance.
- we need to populate Neocron City! and the Wastelands! And DoY when it opens!

five...
- um... oh, yeah. psi eyes that only give + to mst and psi use. could be STRONG minus' to wpl and other combatskills.

SynC_187
06-05-04, 15:04
Guys, seriously. Let's think on those things.

one...
- the psi controller's just totally crap to the other PSI chips. I think it needs a impressive boost to PSI Use to become appealing to Monks (and even non-monks). No +PSI, +ppw, and it's a minus to +hck, ouch!
- I think it'd be quite fair if the level 1 PSI Controller had +10 PSI Use, the level 2 +20 PSI Use, and the level 3 +35 PSI Use.
- Considering that the PSI Controllers don't give the all-important +PSI or +ppw, the raise in +PSI Use would be quite fair. Even if the minus' were upped a bit (just a bit, dear Crahn)

two...
- considering that screenshots, and multiple threads confirm Launcher Cyclops in DarkMetal, the Regants level...
- how about making said Launcher Cyclops into a deadly 90/90 Regants Cyclop, firing RAYCANNON bursts?!? That'd scare the shit out of everything, I bet you!

three...
- PSI Gloves are for the uninitated and weak, right? Even for low level PSI Monks, right?
- Brains are elastic, and a skill worked on for so long and hard would become utterly ingrained and absolutely a part of the self...
- Around PSI level 90, PSI Monks would have gotten extremely adept at using PSI that their brains have adapted... making the need for the PSI Glove unnecessary...
- How about a quest of harsh trials only for PSI Monks, that when they pass, they can cast aside the PSI Gloves and use spells without being reliant on the glove? I mean, PSi Monks could still use gloves (Tacholytium glove in point), but they wouldn't NEED them to cast, having ascended to become on at least par with the original PSI Monks from the cave (who, by the way, were communal minds, coordinating their power, so while powerful, might not be the equal on a 1 by 1 basis to today's Monks.)

four...
- downloadable NPC writer interface utility.
- We need something to make the GM's jobs easier... by making a set interface with a set format, we can send in NPC dialogue scripts to the GMs/KK for preview and acceptance.
- we need to populate Neocron City! and the Wastelands! And DoY when it opens!

five...
- um... oh, yeah. psi eyes that only give + to mst and psi use. could be STRONG minus' to wpl and other combatskills.

1. Needs to be changed, maybe not exactly like you say though.

2. Yeah could be cool when they eventually open regents.

3. Whats the point? You have the slot, use it.

4. Maybe for use in your appartments for shops etc (which they already have planned to a certain extent for DoY), but no not for anywhere on the map.

Also this would have to be implemented carefully, if loads of people cocked up the scripting, then it cause nasty results on the server.

5. Yeah

slaughteruall
06-05-04, 15:08
I've been waiting for a PSI eye/ backbone for ever.

Also been wanting a HC eye also.

Slaughter

Garg [RogueNET]
06-05-04, 15:17
Ye, give us a HC eye...

And i agree on Regant Cyclops.. wuld be cool to drive thru the regant territory and just blasting cyclopses and getting shot with Raygun fire...

....MEDIC!!!

Callash
06-05-04, 15:53
Some nice ideas there, but... about the Glove thing:

Following that logic, after years of vacuum cleaning, you wouldn't need a vacuum cleaner anymore and just suck all the dust in yourself o_O

slaughteruall
06-05-04, 15:55
Some nice ideas there, but... about the Glove thing:

Following that logic, after years of vacuum cleaning, you wouldn't need a vacuum cleaner anymore and just suck all the dust in yourself o_O

it would save on the electricity at least.

slaughter

Heavyporker
06-05-04, 16:01
faulty arguement, callash.

the glove's there to bring out the psionic capabilities of psi-users, which has reduced drastically from the original psi monks... *they* didn't need gloves because they had the full power of their genetic heritage...

the glove isn't a vacuum cleaner. it's only a link, a crutch.

with enough power and training, one does not need a crutch.

Callash
06-05-04, 16:05
The original Psi-Monks were also almost completely blind... let's give monks permanent Drugflash ;)

Seriously though, the "original monks" were 200 years ago, since then, there has been genetical blending of all sorts. Todays monks simply aren't as powerful as their ancestors used to be.

naimex
06-05-04, 16:09
The original Psi-Monks were also almost completely blind... let's give monks permanent Drugflash ;)

Seriously though, the "original monks" were 200 years ago, since then, there has been genetical blending of all sorts. Todays monks simply aren't as powerful as their ancestors used to be.

Story guy > the rest of us :eek:

SynC_187
06-05-04, 16:23
faulty arguement, callash.

the glove isn't a vacuum cleaner. it's only a link, a crutch.

So its the vacuum's power cord? Thats gonna work well :p

Aziraphale
06-05-04, 18:10
No psi eyes. Doesnt make sense.

HC eyes, yes.

Shadow Dancer
06-05-04, 18:34
Lovely ideas. ESPECIALLY about the psi controller.

Nash_Brigham
06-05-04, 18:40

Well, how about better psi gloves? If a psi glove sonly use is to be able to use psi modules, then why not have a level two or even level 3 psi gloves that imparts some special adds? Like a level 2 psi gloves that boosts psi spell range, or boosts psi spell damage, or maybe even reduces psi spell cost?

zii
06-05-04, 18:49
Thay woud be that tacky glove you're after. Lets hope its not too tacky.

Heavyporker
07-05-04, 04:38
newbie PSI Monks and non-PSIs, certainly...
but we're talking about near-cap, capped PSI Monks that has undergone a LOT of rough stuff to get to where they are today...

you'd think they'd moved beyond a little thing like the glove...

Let me tell ya, it'd be nice not to wonder where your glove went after the gen rep mis-spliced your ass after a bad transmission.

oh, and callash.. can you explain the reasoning for Beast becoming H-C? I mean... EVERYTHING about "beast" connotes that it is raw, primal, totally hand to hand... hence melee... boy... I don't see any doggies picking up a 30 lb weapon on it shoulder and blowing a hole in the midsection of the wolf in its path.

I still think that X-Strong would be a much better candidate for giving +HC...