PDA

View Full Version : 2 tank questions

winnoc
06-05-04, 12:53
Ok,

So i'm leveling up my hc tank and i lomed my hc sniper spy to pistols.
Now i no longer have a good wb hunter, so i was thinking maybe if i lom some wpl out of int on the tank and go for 55 hacking (with spy buff 1)
Will this be good enough to hack wb's?

Second question.
I have tried some setups with HC pa.
However , i also tried one with a viper king and it seems i can get a good resist setup like this also.
Anyone else done the viper king setup, and is it any good?

And yes, my tank does look sexy without the pa on :-)

slaughteruall
06-05-04, 13:17
Yes i've done setups both ways. Currently using the PA setup. Eled and Prom also used the no PA setup. I think they are using a PA setup ATM. Not really sure. i like the PA setup for the extra aiming on the CS helps i feel.

Slaughter

Edit- Yes 55 hack should be fine for WB's.

Shakari
06-05-04, 13:17
Ok,

So i'm leveling up my hc tank and i lomed my hc sniper spy to pistols.
Now i no longer have a good wb hunter, so i was thinking maybe if i lom some wpl out of int on the tank and go for 55 hacking (with spy buff 1)
Will this be good enough to hack wb's?

Second question.
I have tried some setups with HC pa.
However , i also tried one with a viper king and it seems i can get a good resist setup like this also.
Anyone else done the viper king setup, and is it any good?

And yes, my tank does look sexy without the pa on :-)

1st question = Yes you can hack WB's with 55 hack may take a few hacks sometimes :D

winnoc
06-05-04, 14:19
I was just thinking to do that cuz it would give me faster runspeed and better overal resists.

As for losing wpl into hacking, i'm gonna drug up with two drugs in pvp.

slaughteruall
06-05-04, 14:46
If you over spec AGL you really dont need alot of ATH. The ATH nerf is not that bad really on the PA. And the extra energy resist is nice to have. I do notice a huge runspeed increase when i take the PA off for some dur4. One thing that is nice if you ever do drop the VK it's a hell of alot cheaper to replace then the camo PA.

You might even want to consider hunting firemobs instead of WB's. That is what i lvl'd my HC tank off of. Still need 3 damn CON lvls tho. Dont know if you have them yet man but get a PP and a moveon ASAP. Yeah my tank drugs up also.

Slaughter

ezza
06-05-04, 16:09
i currently use PA3 setup, however i did have a nice setup with out PA, i just like the looks of it so i use it.

as for the 55 hack, ya you can do it with that much, but then why hack when you can take on fire mobs to get ya techs

Strych9
06-05-04, 16:16
Well decide on what final amount of protection you want, and then adjust accordingly.

For example, lets say you planned on having 40 in poison, but instead wanted VK. Well that 40 in poison frees up 40 con points.

But if you planned on having say 100 in energy, and use Duranium... then 40 points in energy in you planned on 100 would free up 105 con points (the amount of con to raise energy resist from 60 to 100).

Just depends how you want to allocate your points.

My tank is capped in all but Con, and since there is no reason to have 130 str vs 125... he uses a PP Resistor chip instead of zerk 3 (pp res, herc, marine, moveon are the brain imps). That really helps in getting good resist coverage too.