PDA

View Full Version : I would still like an answer to my DoY pre-order question(s)

phunqe
06-05-04, 09:37
Hi,

I asked this in the pre-order thread a while back but I still haven't got a clear answer. I'll quote what I said. Also, please note this is out of informational interest, no bashing :)

One question and one of more observational nature.

Q: If I registered for the pre-order during the time that the old pre-order page was up (the one where you specified up to 4 accounts to be upgraded), will my pre-order automatically be "upgraded"? If so, will it be upgraded to x amounts of upgrades corresponding to the number of accounts I specified?

O: When you put the first pre-order page up, it said the pre-order is binding. As far as I know this means it is binding from your part as well, since I submitted my pre-order and I could not see anywhere that "this offer might be changed or cancelled to any shape or form at any given time without prior notification" (excluding a force majeur clause of course, which is implicitly present).
I am usually not picky about these things, but I would like to know what happened to the /potentially/ legal binding agreement I agreed upon on my part (confronted to what is or should be considered binding on your part, given all the information available on the pre-order page at the specific time)

TraumaTeam
06-05-04, 21:07
This is what was previously said:

- There will be an e-mail that goes out when it's time to do a "real" preorder (give your credit card, etc.)

- You will be asked which accounts you want to upgrade when the e-mail comes out. You can upgrade 4 accounts that have been open and in your name for the three months prior to the e-mail. (The can either be active or inactive).

- If you no longer want DOY, just ignore the e-mail and nothing else will happen.

phunqe
07-05-04, 16:50
- There will be an e-mail that goes out when it's time to do a "real" preorder (give your credit card, etc.)

As far as I know, this is the mail you receive if you have done a valid "preliminal" pre-order. I am asking if my first preorder (with old conditions) is converted to such.

- You will be asked which accounts you want to upgrade when the e-mail comes out. You can upgrade 4 accounts that have been open and in your name for the three months prior to the e-mail. (The can either be active or inactive).

Again, only if you have done a valid "preliminal" pre-order.

- If you no longer want DOY, just ignore the e-mail and nothing else will happen.

Maybe I missed it, but I thought it was the other way around. You would have to implicitly state that you would like to cancel your preorder within 2 weeks of the recieval of the pre-order confirmation.

Anyway... Let's leave it at this and I'll just do a new pre-order.

Lexxuk
07-05-04, 17:33
[conspiracy theory]

MJS orders DaFire to stick up the pre-order thingy, works out a 3 month minimum thingy mabob, to avoid people re-activating etc. to cost KK lots of money from people playing with accounts to get tom, dick, harry and george free DOY accounts.

10catel phones up MJS says "umm, ya, thing is, release date is actually in umm, 5 months, and we want you to tell people that, so umm, change the prices/pre-order dude!"

[/conspiray theory]