PDA

View Full Version : OT : Phones, incompatibility, the universe..

Organics
06-05-04, 01:41
Ok, here's the problem.

Went out the other day with my (kinda) g/f and her daughter, went to the beach, both took pics using our camera phones of her daughter. So I thought I'll send them later to her.

Now, we both have the same phone. (tacky I know :p) Samsung E700's.

I'm on o2, and she's on Vodafone, now she can send pics to ME, but for the life of me my phone REFUSES to send pictures to her. I have tried every fucking setting I can think of. It just sits there for AGES sending, and then doesn't work.

Now my question,

Has anyone else : a) got this phone, b) have any idea how to fix this and c) maybe experienced it themselves?

(Oh also, I put my old vodafone SIM card in the phone, to try that but again, no luck. However I don't think my Vodafone settings are configured properly and the Vodafone website is fucking useless. Does anyone have GSM or/and GPRS settings for Vodafone? )

msdong
06-05-04, 07:41
...(Oh also, I put my old vodafone SIM card in the phone, to try that but again, no luck. However I don't think my Vodafone settings are configured properly and the Vodafone website is fucking useless. Does anyone have GSM or/and GPRS settings for Vodafone? )

if you set up an Vodafone web account you can use the "remote configuration" tool and let vodafone send you that settings.

retr0n
06-05-04, 07:46
if you set up an Vodafone web account you can use the "remote configuration" tool and let vodafone send you that settings.

I have the same problem as Organics only the settings thingy doesnt work
for me, I even tried to call them and they said they fixed it by sending the
settings to my phone, somehow they can see its receving it or something,
got no clue, but it never worked anyway :rolleyes:

Just figured id save some money not sending those :)

Tupac
06-05-04, 08:09
ur problem is ur phone sucks! get a Nokia 6230 ( best phone available can do just about anything) apart from sex u

msdong
06-05-04, 08:23
ur problem is ur phone sucks! get a Nokia 6230 ( best phone available can do just about anything) apart from sex u

well, its not that phone related but network related. i can't send MMS to a friend from Vodafone to a network in Swiss.
oh and the only cool Phones are from Sony/Erricson

hmm, yes its more cheap to send the message as an email from you fone them as MMS