PDA

View Full Version : What kinds of "hybrids" would you like to see viable?

hivemind
06-05-04, 01:28
If you had a chance to be proficient in two weapon skills, what class and combination would you want to try out? Would you want it for PvP and OP fights, or just to solo and hunt with?

Personally I think PPUs with guns are secksy for soloing, but way too much for PvP. I also really like pistol/rifle with melee tanks for fighting and hunting.

Thoughts?

plague
06-05-04, 01:48
IMO hybrids r best for solo hunting simply becouse u don't need ppu support, they not much good in op fights cuz they not good as ppu and don't do any serious dmg. I think the should take teh 5% gimp off and let them use holy halos and bless defenses... eh i mis me old hyb. had so much funn exploring different parts of nc and wastes with out worying being killed by some 120 mob hehe........

Organics
06-05-04, 01:51
Hmmmmm.

I'd like to try a Hybrid monk, without penalty since I'd just use it for solo hunting. Think it'd be good fun :) Might try one even with the 5% penalty thing.

Wouldn't use one for PvP, don't think it'd be powerful enough on the offensive.

iainy13
06-05-04, 01:52
I would play a ppu/melee spy.

i think thats 5 edits so far.

hivemind
06-05-04, 01:54
IMO hybrids r best for solo hunting simply becouse u don't need ppu support, they not much good in op fights cuz they not good as ppu and don't do any serious dmg. I think the should take teh 5% gimp off and let them use holy halos and bless defenses... eh i mis me old hyb. had so much funn exploring different parts of nc and wastes with out worying being killed by some 120 mob hehe........
We're not talking about APU/PPU monk hybrids please...

Shadow Dancer
06-05-04, 01:54
rifle/melee tank

I would totally play one.

hivemind
06-05-04, 01:55
rifle/melee tank

I would totally play one.
Even if it meant not totally capping either set of weapons?

plague
06-05-04, 02:04
We're not talking about APU/PPU monk hybrids please...
it sayd hybrids, didn't say not apu/ppu, so i am talking about apu ppu don't realy care about any other kind ....

Shadow Dancer
06-05-04, 02:04
Even if it meant not totally capping either set of weapons?

Yea, i have no problem with not capping it.

Unless it's extreme like getting 90% on the weapons, then it's pointless. :p

Celt
06-05-04, 03:22
Sorry hive, I know you said no apu/ppu, but thats the only hybrid I'm interested in :/

Havent played one since feb 2003 or so

naimex
06-05-04, 03:30
......make tl3 heal not require PPU...

then you could have any class use a little bit of apu...

atm, everyone is PPU unless its an APU monk.

Epsilon 5
06-05-04, 03:40
rifle/pistol spy .. blacksun and redeemer lol

yavimaya
06-05-04, 03:50
it sayd hybrids, didn't say not apu/ppu, so i am talking about apu ppu don't realy care about any other kind ....

And thats his point, Monk hybrids are kinda MORE than known about, so theres no point in even meantioning them AT ALL. EVER IN THIS TREAD.

Tupac
06-05-04, 03:52
a dead hybrid

hivemind
06-05-04, 06:01
What could be done to make (non APU/PPU) hybrids more feasable? We can't ask for new skills, but the skills could work differently. What about implants? Might that be enough to make some classes more viable? What about a whole family of implants that gave, say, PPU+Pistol, or Rifle+Melee, or APU+Melee, or HC+Rifle, or <skillA>+<skillB>.

There's no way you're going to be allowed to use rares from both skills as well as someone who specializes (things like the upcoming Melee TL changes guarantee this), but the low-level rares from each skill could be viable. There's tanks now who do Paw of Bear and Liberator+Earp. On the other hand, I can see where Pain Easer+Holy Paralysis would be an issue, but that's more about the brokeness of PPU than the synergy of two normal rares...

Biznatchy
06-05-04, 06:27
Rifle/Melee tanks
This would rock. Without looking at the number I think you could us PE and POB. You could do good damage at range with the PE and anything that got close you could clobber with the bear paw. You would have great defense and good run speed.

Pistol/HC tanks
Aoe cannons at range and then libby up close.

Tanks make good hybrids if you gimp a bit. They would get owned in pvp but for tech part hunting and stuff it would be fun.

You could do the same two with PE's but with better psi skills. If would be gimped even more but cool.

Bl@zed
06-05-04, 07:02
old school hybrids, that could use every rare spell in the game, THOSE were the best class ever imo. :D

jiga
06-05-04, 08:52
Apu Pe

Jeros82
06-05-04, 09:00
I have a Rifle/HC PE :cool:

Only use the HC to drive my Scorpo Trike though 8|

seraphian
06-05-04, 09:10
IMHO I think that a specialized character should always be better than a generic one, but that you shouldn't suffer such a massive penalty. BEcause of the way this game ramps up the TLs, a RES/CONS or other dual tradeskiller will never realy be able to do anything over like TL50 gear well (they'll be able to res better, but the items over TL50 won't construct well at all) same thing wit hsay, rifle/pistol or rifle/M-C. That conbination would be great for agging mobs at distance and luring them into traps.

Original monk
06-05-04, 09:26
thats a question to my heart :P

im dreaming of this setup a loong time :p

i want a First Love (or when im dreaming anyway: a copbotplasmarifle) weilding ppumonkey :P

my ppumonk can now use a regular assault rifle, when it would be possible to get em to 114 dex for a First Love then i would be in heaven :P

so actually a hitechriflespy combined with a ppu :)

i saw a femalemonkcharGM in pepper park once, weilding a First Love, shooting people, now that looks cool :P

+ chiks digg it :P

seraphian
06-05-04, 09:32
that would **So** rock, I love the idea of being able to pull a FL out from under a trench coat like the monks wear....

but in all seriousness if Monks get the Dex 114 FIRST LOVE, I want my spy to get the PSI 114 and lower stuff, you know, holy catharsis, holy heal, holy ressurection... lol

it would be cool, but it'll never happen.

MISS WHIP
06-05-04, 09:43
I have a Melee/HC tank setup which is not to bad IMO.

ATM cap the DG which is not that difficult ( will see what happens when the new patch is out) and i cap the speed gun on dmg with a lv 3 hc buff and still have 8 str levels to go.

This setup comes in handy when taking on mobs as i can use an AOE weapon as well and can gun a rhino.

If i need the tank in a OP war i just change some armour and am good to go.
This setup does not alter my con setup at all so i still have excellent resists.

Since the DG requires t-c anyway i can also use the cs if i want but i think the speed gun is better atm because it comes out capped on all stats.

eLcHi
06-05-04, 11:01
HC/MC Hybrid PE

Capped Vein Ripper / Capped Energy Soulblade
Speedgat (140% or something ;) )
Capped Rhino-Damage
Drive Trike, Hack, Imp, Recycle, Repair, run fast, carry a lot, Inqui4, SD

most fun char i played in a long time ...

Garg [RogueNET]
06-05-04, 14:04
Spy with a silent hunter for range and libby if he was to get sneaked up on ... that wuld be cool

hivemind
06-05-04, 14:52
For those of you who are already playing these crazy classes :lol: what tool, spell, weapon, armor or implant would make it better (but not overpowered)? We've recently recieved new Power Armors, and those are huge tools for specialized runners, but what would help people to not make cookie-cutter characters?

warngau
06-05-04, 15:03
after next patch: HC/MC hybrid tankeh (drugs weeeeeee \o/)

Jadzia Eleazar
06-05-04, 15:44
Droner/Rifle Spy

@ Callash: Remove the WEP Malus on the Mindcontrol Chips please!

Droner/Pistol Spy would work better nowadays with the Malus.

Libby PE with Stealth 1 and Reveler Driver + Gunner

Mirco
06-05-04, 18:01
HC/MC Hybrid PE

Capped Vein Ripper / Capped Energy Soulblade
Speedgat (140% or something ;) )
Capped Rhino-Damage
Drive Trike, Hack, Imp, Recycle, Repair, run fast, carry a lot, Inqui4, SD

most fun char i played in a long time ...

I have one of those myself on Pluto and making one on saturn. Its so much fun to do all that stuff. Most fun you can squeeze out of your limited supply of exp imho. Anyways eLcHi how much H-C you got to cap rhino damage? What is the critical point?

Oath
06-05-04, 18:49
Pistol APU

eLcHi
07-05-04, 08:47
I dunno exactly where the cap point is but i got something like 128 HC and 80 Weaponlore ...

if i take a beast and my weaponlore drops to 60 i donīt cap it anymore ...

Damage of course ... dunno if there is any effect on aim or frequency, i didnīt note one ...

Original monk
07-05-04, 08:52
i wonna make a hybridtank with a kamichip, only problem is: its the only chip i dont have yet :P

i know they do +40 hc and +40 mc :)

i wanna have one :/

anyone have one on saturn ?