PDA

View Full Version : Windowed of Fullscreen?

Max Jefferson
06-05-04, 01:05
What mode do you play in?

Just curious as to other people's preference, I prefer windowed personally, since I can use MSN and other program more easily at the same time.

EDIT: Damn, the back button killed my poll... any chance a moderator could add one?

Morganth
06-05-04, 01:06
Windowed, allows for MSN, easy TS access. Plus it gives me at least another 30 FPS on my PC, and keeps my laptop at around 15-20 FPS constant.

darknessfairy
06-05-04, 01:12
full mode.
can't be bothered with any extra programs tbh...and if i need anything, i just alt-tab out anyways.

Max Jefferson
06-05-04, 01:14
Alt-tab makes children cry.

Dribble Joy
06-05-04, 01:14
I would use full screnn, but I get the ati gamma bug if I alt-tab.

Windowed here.

also goos for msn, irc, photoshop, realplayer, explorer and the forums, plus any other stuff I need at the same time.

naimex
06-05-04, 01:17
fullscreen..

only use windowscreen, if I´m gonna do serious tradeskililng,

or get tired of switching screens between acts.

darknessfairy
06-05-04, 01:19
fullscreen..

only use windowscreen, if I´m gonna do serious tradeskililng,

or get tired of switching screens between acts.

weren't they sposed to have stopped the two accounts at one time thing? lol....

Bl@zed
06-05-04, 01:21
full mode
window mode makes baby jesus cry.

naimex
06-05-04, 01:48
weren't they sposed to have stopped the two accounts at one time thing? lol....

it caused bad shit, and heavy memory leaks.

so they removed it..

then a lot of people asked for it to be back

so the memory leak got fixed, and it came back a few pathes ago..

(only problem is the well known, loss of "spell stacks" that follow when you alt+tab)

garyu69
06-05-04, 03:14
I play fullscreen now, used ot Window a lot when there was the issues with ZoneAlarm.

I got a much better performance Windowed but i prefer the Full Screen mode :)

Celt
06-05-04, 03:17
Window mode is another example of a half assed "feature"

Try window mode in eve, or something similar, you can use the start bar without pressing start, you can click outside the window, it doesnt lag changing away from the game window.

yavimaya
06-05-04, 03:22
it caused bad shit, and heavy memory leaks.

so they removed it..

then a lot of people asked for it to be back

so the memory leak got fixed, and it came back a few pathes ago..

(only problem is the well known, loss of "spell stacks" that follow when you alt+tab)

And i love them for bringing it back!
loss of spell stack.... well meh, we already allowed to duel client, most games that has to be done in major secret or bannages for you :P
Not to worry about the spell stacking :P

Archeus
06-05-04, 08:45
I do both.

Windowed mode I can run WinTV at the same time and watch TV while doing whatever it is I am doing. Also if I have downtime I can read the web. I normally have sound switched off as well.

Fullscreen if I have to pay attention totally to what is going on. For example op war, or hunting people or being hunted.

Original monk
06-05-04, 10:18
full mode
window mode makes baby jesus cry.

i tought god killed a kitten everytime ya alt-tabbed ?

thats why i use full mode, and got some other computers next to me for forum, browser, music, etc

slaughteruall
06-05-04, 13:42
Full screen unless i'm doing some hard core tradeskilling with bot my accounts. There is no way i could fight in windows mode damn screen is to small. 640x480 on a 19 inch monitor blows. I run my desktop at 1280x and NC at 1024x768 so 640x480 is to damn small.

slaughter