PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling... again...

spongeb0b
05-05-04, 23:05
ok so I reinstalled a few days ago in a vain attempt to stop myself from fataling everytime i change characters / log out (didn't work). Oh well methinks, at least it's a fresh install so it'll be slightly better than before maybe ?... just a few days later, yup you guessed it it's broke, I cant get to the log in screen now, it just fatals. so i'm reinstalling again, anyone got any ideas what may have caused this? seeing as it was fine the other day O_o

darknessfairy
06-05-04, 00:02
Yeah, he's on the phone to me.... He's not a happy bunny. Someone say something to make him happy :)

MrChumble
06-05-04, 00:06
Yeah, he's on the phone to me.... He's not a happy bunny. Someone say something to make him happy :)

"No matter how much you fatal I can assure you I fatal 2x as much" :p

Every fscking time I gr into El Farid or out of the Scorp Caves. Windows mouse, "bling*, Fatal Runtime Error!

And yet I still play. Even though KKs customer service sucks. Amazing.

Oath
06-05-04, 00:09

[ edited ]

cRazy2003
06-05-04, 00:13
[ edited ]
[ edited ]

Oath
06-05-04, 00:31
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

darknessfairy
06-05-04, 00:44
lol i love that homefry remark....makes me giggle every time i read it....

Ontopic..please help him...cos he's really upset... I've gone thru all the possibilities with him, and I'm no help....so someone must have an answer

Scikar
06-05-04, 00:49
I was getting this before. There's something in one of the files in the /ini folder which seems to break, and this causes the fatal. I checked all of the files but couldn't find anything, so backed up rposcolor and copied over the rest of the folder from my other comp. It's worked fine since. So I suggest backing up your /ini folder when it works, or copy DF's whenever it breaks. :) Also backup neocron.ini in the main folder, as that can be the source of some problems also.

spongeb0b
06-05-04, 00:52
I was getting this before. There's something in one of the files in the /ini folder which seems to break, and this causes the fatal. I checked all of the files but couldn't find anything, so backed up rposcolor and copied over the rest of the folder from my other comp. It's worked fine since. So I suggest backing up your /ini folder when it works, or copy DF's whenever it breaks. :) Also backup neocron.ini in the main folder, as that can be the source of some problems also.

thnx for the advice... is neocron really this unstable on other peoples machines or does it just hate me? :rolleyes: ...

Morganth
06-05-04, 01:00
thnx for the advice... is neocron really this unstable on other peoples machines or does it just hate me? :rolleyes: ...

I fatal at least 3 times an hour, lol.

darknessfairy
06-05-04, 01:00

babeh, i hate to say it, but when i play cron on your puter, i dont get half the hassle you do...so maybe its just you...

besides you know what lack of problems i get, except when its not my fault...