PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for new Cave (with boss mob)

Jest
05-05-04, 17:32
I think a fun idea for a hunting area would be a cave that had an anti-psi aura. The aura would basically disallow any sort of psi use whatsoever. Monks would be totally useless, and the other classes wouldnt be able to heal themselves through psi.

The cave would be filled with phantomish creatures. (ala Final Fantasy: Spirits Within). The main phantom creature would be similiar to the current bat model we have, except with a new attack. They would still have the normal (and crappy) melee attack, but they would also use the "Psi attack" (you know, the APU module that almost no one uses). The second creature would be phantom crabs. Think crabs like the 12/12 creatures that hang out on beaches, except you know, not 12/12. These crabs would have a weak attack but would be very fast in movement and attacks.

The end boss would be as usual be female. (Whats a cave run without a bitch at the end after all?) She would be a smaller version of a raptor in a large open room at the end of the cave. (And she would still have that phantom lovin). She would spawn those little tiny bat things (similiar to the Bat Queen) but they would be phantomish and would do the psi attack.

And what would she drop? Boots! Great for spies and PEs.
Req: 35 str
Fire 20.0
Energy 15.0
Resist Psi 15.0 (obviously currently useless but I can only assume KK will one day make it good for something)

From a roleplaying perspective I think the cave could have such a field because it was the home to the original psi monks. (ie where they were first discovered). Since that day the psi monks have decreased in power (requiring the use of a glove to amplify their abilities) and the strong psi field of the cave remains to this day, even mutating the creatures that have taken refuge there and given them strong psi abilities. Because the monks used to live here, there would be signs of their former civilization. Houses, artifacts, etc... Additionally, whereas most of the current caves pretty much stay on the same level, these psi caves would go downward. (Think Chaos Caves at a 45 degree angle).

Im sure it needs work but I think it would be a fun addition to the hunting spots. Any thoughts or comments? Ill add a poll just for the hell of it.

Strych9
05-05-04, 17:34
My tank is ready. Lead the way.

Would any other class really have a CHANCE in a cave like that though? Aside from rifle users/droners?

Clownst0pper
05-05-04, 17:37
Er yeah, because not being able to heal would make the cave OH so possible with medikits.

Poo.

Jest
05-05-04, 17:41
Er yeah, because not being able to heal would make the cave OH so possible with medikits.

Poo. How do you know how possible it is its not even created yet. :p

Itd be moderately hard but would provide some fun hunting. Example, PEs cap really fast. Say you have on 3 PEs with no PvP going on. Well while every one else is hunting at Mc5 or leveling Int/Con, what do they do? Bam, lets hunt at the psi caves.

Plus itd be unique. Unique and fun. And sexy. And fun.

Zaq
05-05-04, 17:42
Nice

would be quite challenging without being able to heal though. And no ressurection of course :lol:

Benjie
05-05-04, 17:45
Cave runs without a PPU would be refreshing, but APU should be allowed imo.

Clownst0pper
05-05-04, 17:47
NO HEAL.

Everyone would be an APU, u get hit once, medi kit isnt going to save u.

It defeats the object of even having classes. And what is a PPU supposed to do?

I know, lets make a cave were no guns fire, or no str based armour works.

Just for monks.

Er, no lets not O_o

Jest
05-05-04, 18:02
NO HEAL.

Everyone would be an APU, u get hit once, medi kit isnt going to save u.

It defeats the object of even having classes. And what is a PPU supposed to do?

I know, lets make a cave were no guns fire, or no str based armour works.

Just for monks.

Er, no lets not O_o Omg also lets make a cave run where you can only do it backwards and with using only a Medicant smg, except those things have absolutely nothing to do with this idea at all, and are stupid. Feel free to vote no and state your opinions, but tbh the reasons you are brining to be against this are weak, if that. What would a PPU do? Oh I dont know, hunt some where else perhaps???

<----- Main class is a PPU btw, just in case you were wondering.

Yes a cave without magic would be hard (any one who has ever played Final Fantasy 2 knows this for a fact ;)), but its totally doable. Clown as a droner I figured you would have been for the idea tbh. A place like this would be droner heaven. Unless you dont really like droners to have anything like this. If you are content with every hunting zone in the entire world practically requiring a PPU then hey, more power to you.

Marx
05-05-04, 18:02
[insert rant] dex based first aid skill! [/insert rant]

Clownst0pper
05-05-04, 18:06
OK if I must be more constructive I will.

KK should be working towards xping additions in the game where all classes can function correctly together.

IE, some sort of complex, made up of various sections, each section is split up by a gate, the gate can only be hacked, or you may need to stealth through to switch some sort of button, to then hack it to move onto the next, harder area.

little ideas like this, not seperating the classes even further.

Imagine how bad this would be on a one slot server, where most of the players would go to ur cave, and the APU's and PPU's have to miss out, what, because they chose a different class? highly unfair if u ask me

Jest
05-05-04, 18:22
OK if I must be more constructive I will.

KK should be working towards xping additions in the game where all classes can function correctly together.

IE, some sort of complex, made up of various sections, each section is split up by a gate, the gate can only be hacked, or you may need to stealth through to switch some sort of button, to then hack it to move onto the next, harder area.

little ideas like this, not seperating the classes even further.

Imagine how bad this would be on a one slot server, where most of the players would go to ur cave, and the APU's and PPU's have to miss out, what, because they chose a different class? highly unfair if u ask me Much better. :p I can definitely agree on that, Id like to see the classes balanced in a way that makes them rely on each other more. But creating a cave like this isnt to say that we wouldnt have to abandon the idea of class functionality.

I myself am on a one character server with my two classes being PPU and pure tradeskill spy. And as a monk, Id definitely want to see the caves. But thats part of the beauty of the idea I think. To see my heritage as a monk, Id have to be completely defenseless. I as a PPU would have to rely on the protection of the people I usually protect in order to view my ancestors home. Thats just a cool scenario imo.

I dont see it as continuing the downhill fall of class functionality. I see it as making a place in the game that has some really cool roleplay value, as well as a fun hunting spot.

Clownst0pper
05-05-04, 18:26
Much better. :p I can definitely agree on that, Id like to see the classes balanced in a way that makes them rely on each other more. But creating a cave like this isnt to say that we wouldnt have to abandon the idea of class functionality.

I myself am on a one character server with my two classes being PPU and pure tradeskill spy. And as a monk, Id definitely want to see the caves. But thats part of the beauty of the idea I think. To see my heritage as a monk, Id have to be completely defenseless. I as a PPU would have to rely on the protection of the people I usually protect in order to view my ancestors home. Thats just a cool scenario imo.

I dont see it as continuing the downhill fall of class functionality. I see it as making a place in the game that has some really cool roleplay value, as well as a fun hunting spot.

As medi kits suck and not wanting to add healing skill to dexterity, why dont u add to your idea, much like the Neofrag panal healers, in the cave walls, obviously change the look, and the graphic image, have them scattered every so often down the cave, much like a checkpoint, that U can right click, and it acts like a TL 3 heal?

I dunno, call them heal pools or something, a natural aura within the cave (ties in with the spirit theme) I think that will work better :D

Jest
05-05-04, 18:28
As medi kits suck and not wanting to add healing skill to dexterity, why dont u add to your idea, much like the Neofrag panal healers, in the cave walls, obviously change the look, and the graphic image, have them scattered every so often down the cave, much like a checkpoint.

I dunno, call them heal pools or something, a natural aura within the cave (ties in with the spirit theme) I think that will work better :D Oooo heal pools. That would be really cool. They should have those in certain places anyways. :P Yah would be easy enough, could just change the graphic of the Recreation Unit.

Clownst0pper
05-05-04, 18:32
Oooo heal pools. That would be really cool. They should have those in certain places anyways. :P Yah would be easy enough, could just change the graphic of the Recreation Unit.

Personally, Ive always wanted much the same for a spy, some sort of tool that they can drop onto the floor, that acts like the NF healer, once they "construct" place it onto the floor, it stays there until say its been used 10 times, then it deconstructs to be picked up again.

Anyway dont want to hijack the thread ;) With the inclusion of heal pools, and a greater increase on medi kits it would be very nice place, allow for some good exploration 2.

Stuff the monks ;)

Heavyporker
05-05-04, 18:34
anti-psi, my fuckass.

if that was the PSI's home, then PSI's would have a field day there with loads of +PSI, not be locked out.

think things through, would you.

Jest
05-05-04, 18:36
anti-psi, my fuckass.

if that was the PSI's home, then PSI's would have a field day there with loads of +PSI, not be locked out.

think things through, would you. I did lol. The positive psi would be so overwhelming that it would block out other psi use. It would be too strong for them to overcome.

SamuraiPizzaCat
05-05-04, 18:38
It would have to be in the mountains tho

While searching for minerals a patrol from the Crahn tribe discovers the entrance to a cave, which was buried by rocks. Since they suspect an ore mine to be within the cave, ten sturdy men of the tribe begin to excavate the entrance. After working four days they discover a cathedral-sized passage, which leads deep into the mountain. Upon clearing the way of all obstacles and after another group has ventured deeper into the mountain, they surprisingly encounter other human beings.

Timmy2k
05-05-04, 18:42
Yeah its good samurai found a a story about the cave ^^ i hope they make this cave fast :P

Indrid Cold
05-05-04, 19:14
I like this idea.
I will use my mid level pistol. (OMFG I've been thinking out of the box this whole time! I must be cheating!)

Strych9
05-05-04, 19:18
I love how when people (most people) try to include the combat deficient spies into things, they do so by always saying "add something to be hacked."

Yeah, that will make spies feel wanted. :)

Houston
05-05-04, 19:39
Dont flame @ Clownstopers post about no firing n shit...yea w/e sounds kinda kool yet it would be hard your definatly on to somthing tho :D

Zu (Pluto)
05-05-04, 20:14
Not every dungeon/area has to be suitable for ALL classes. I think it's good to have theme based dungeons and areas where it's not the challenge that makes it cool, but it's uniqueness and theme.

I vote yes.

Zu
APU Monk